PDA

View Full Version : A few Ep3 questions from a EP1&2 player

Stingray
Apr 28, 2004, 05:07 AM
ok I'm not going to bash Ep3 so don't worry I just want some questions answered:

ok
#1: how do you get cards... I mean do you buy packs with point you earn or something???
#2: are there creature battles or just fighting NPCs
#3: Is hacking and Duping out of control?
#4: When you go into a battle do you see your character or the card of a character you play down like other cards?

Thanks
Stingray

Arislan
Apr 28, 2004, 05:35 AM
#1: how do you get cards... I mean do you buy packs with point you earn or something???

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2016

Offline, you play as either Hunters or Arkz. As a Hunter, you fight the enemies on your way to attacking the Ark. Online, it could go either way, depending on if your opponent uses Hunters or Arkz.

There is a little bit of duping, but it's a long, arduous process, and it's not even close to rampant. Long far cry from it. Cheating, other than people getting cards they shouldn't (which is also confined to under a dozen people at the moment), is nonexistant. About the worst Ep 3 has to offer is Ep 3. Duping and cheating do nothing to hurt the game, since having a card doesn't mean you can use it effectively strategically.

#4: When you go into a battle do you see your character or the card of a character you play down like other cards?

You use a character you have chosen from a group of avatars.
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1517
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1519

This may seem like it sucks that you can't use your own character, but this is i fact a good thing. This means that you don't have to create multiple characters simply to use the item cards you get, or if you want to make a new deck based around a force, you don't have to level a force, find the cards for him all over again, and so forth just to make a deck.

Myopathy
Apr 28, 2004, 05:40 AM
On 2004-04-28 03:07, Stingray wrote:
ok I'm not going to bash Ep3 so don't worry I just want some questions answered:

ok

Thanks
Stingray

1) Most of your cards will come from decks that you earn after EVERY battle, whether you win or lose. You will be given a choice between 4 decks, and you pick one with a number of cards in it, the amount depending on whether you won or lost and how "well" you won. You can also buy a small selection of cards from a shop (Online only). You buy them with meseta that you can earn from winning battles in tournaments (Online only).
2) ??? I don't know what you mean by creature battles. You can play as an Arkz (Darkside), and summon monsters to fight for you. However, you always have to have a Story Character controlling everything. You can't just have creatures with no Story Character controlling them. You can fight the COM or with a friend.
3) I'm not too familiar with this portion of EP3. There are AR codes out for EP3, but thus far, they haven't been too damaging, as long as you take some precautions. Duping, from what I hear, exists, but is so complicated, it not really worth doing.
4) Animation-wise, everything is animated, just like PSO EP1&2. You use cards to play and perform actions, but all actions are animated. However, the character you create will not be the one fighting. Think of your character as a commander that controls other Story Characters, who play for you. Those Story Characters (SC) are set and there are one for each class (HUmar, FOnewearl, etc). In actual battles, you will see these SCs. In lobbies and such, you will see the character you create.