PDA

View Full Version : GC: Never try this

Link108
Apr 28, 2004, 12:26 PM
Ok, get this, I was playing PSO, and a friend brought over his card and loaded his character on my temp files to play multi mode with me. Well after he left his character was still on my card, and I figured "hey, free stuff", so I take all the meseta and items from his temp character. Well after that I got the idea that I should buy a 2nd memory card, copy my file to the 2nd card and load me and myself into multi mode, take the stuff and get x2 the stuff for my guy. Didnt work, the memory card wouldnt let me copy, so I get another idea, Ill just load my guy on the temp files, give all my stuff to a guy on that card, and remove my 1st memory card before it saves, then save the game for the guy on the 2nd memory card. Then reload my guy (presumably with all his stuff in tack) and take my stuff from the other guy back. Also didnt work. The game wouldnt let me load my character on the 1st memory card, it said that he was transferred and loading him would erase all items and meseta, only keeping the level and stats. Well being so sure my idea would work I already deleted my guy from the 1st memory card off of the 2nd to make room for my guy to be reloaded. So in the long run I lost everything but the 10,000 meseta, and the mono, di, and trigrinders I gave to the guy on the 2nd memory card. I got all that back but I lost my items on my guy and in his account. Also and most important to me was the lost of my Mag. I had raised my mag to become Bhirava and I was very attached to my mag. Yet due to my over confidence that my idea was a sure footed win, I lost mag and alot of time that was put into the raising of it.
So in short, dont try to cheat, it doesnt work. Thank you.

Jabbae
Apr 28, 2004, 12:38 PM
Wow that sucks. To bad that happened. Well atleast you wont do it again and mabye no one else will lose there characters now knoing this can and probly will happen

cHaOsMaZtA
Apr 28, 2004, 09:56 PM
Just wondering... What's the point of having the all of the exact same items twice?? What does it accomplish?? Doesn't make any sense to me...

Rain_1
Apr 28, 2004, 10:10 PM
he wanted to get his friend's items.. not his...

Kuea
Apr 28, 2004, 11:26 PM
yeah but that would be a cheap way to mass dupe.
that would destroy the game more than it is now

TiRune
Apr 29, 2004, 02:08 AM
normal duping is just as ez...

anyways, wouldn't u think that ST made sure u oculdn't do such a thing o_O?

btw, it happened 2 me too, but I wasn't trying to dupe. my char was still on someone elses mem card and I thought, what the heck, I can't wait till he returns my char next week so I started playing.... BAAAD idea http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Armok
Apr 29, 2004, 09:45 AM
Thats such a simple idea even sonic team worked it out and blocked it. Unlike all the other easy to do dupe methods you can think of.

goku4ever
Apr 29, 2004, 10:03 AM
also never do the following:
I was playing wiv 3 m8s on PSO one person had their char imported and we were quitting and he went str8 past the bit that says about sending the data back and turned off the gamecube. he lost all his items and he blamed me!

SpyroDi
Apr 29, 2004, 05:15 PM
Well,everyone must Live and Learn.

Also,there IS a way you can dupe on XBOX even with the patch on,here's how you do it:
(insert exploitation here)

ViewtifulJoe
Apr 30, 2004, 12:07 AM
Sounds like karma. It's what you get for stealing stuff from your "friend."

BlackWolf
May 2, 2004, 11:44 AM
First of all most people just play cheap like usual. Second of all if you play like that people will think your weak.

INFAMY_FoX
May 3, 2004, 08:47 PM
Did it say "Transferring Data" when it didnt allow you to move your character from the memory unit?

3v1L19
May 3, 2004, 09:33 PM
yeah well atleast sega fixed that one thing so that mass duping wouldnt be able...although it is bad when that happens. When I was a noob it happend to me and I was like er wtf? oh well we have all learned out lesson from that.