PDA

View Full Version : the uselessness of PB in Ult...

iamfanboy
Apr 28, 2004, 02:16 PM
Well, maybe it's just because of my character's lower level. Maybe it's just because I suck.

But lately, when I see that photon bar start to creep full, I telepipe back to Pioneer just to avoid having to deal with that split second disadvantage of not having my second shortcut bar.

Do they EVER become more useful? Maybe it's just the photon blasts I'm using, or.... well...

This is an open question to y'all who've been playing for what some might consider altogether too long (Kef, that's you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ) but do photon blasts for attacking your enemy become more useful the higher level you are, or what?

Dragon_Ash
Apr 28, 2004, 02:19 PM
s/d on a mag is quite common to have, especially for HU's, couldn't comment on any of the other classes though >_>;

Jae
Apr 28, 2004, 02:21 PM
They are useless as stand-alone attacks. They are great in M&Y combos with other people.

Also, you don't need to pipe to P2 to get rid of the PB. Just unequip and reequip your MAG quickly to get rid of it.

Hrith
Apr 28, 2004, 02:38 PM
All attack PBs are light-elemental, therefore will deal low damage on enemies with high ELT.

All attack PBs are affected by various player stats, dependent on which PB, mainly the Mag's Synchro.

All attacks PBs are also affected by your Lv, the higher the better, of course.

Their power goes:
1. Estlla
2. Pilla
3. Golla
4. Farlla

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2004-04-28 12:40 ]</font>

Rainbowlemon
Apr 28, 2004, 02:43 PM
....So really, the only worthwhile PB at higher levels is Mylla and Youlla, or if you chain together all the destructive ones.

PJ
Apr 28, 2004, 02:57 PM
I thought Estlla was Ice Elemental...

Anyways, if your Synchro and IQ are full (I'm not sure if both are required, but anyways), your PBs are stronger and can do up to and over 1000 on enemies with low ELT.

iamfanboy
Apr 28, 2004, 03:10 PM
...so that's my problem!

Apparently, I died so many times in my first stumbling attempts at the Ult ruins (way back on level 110) that my mag's synchro has been at 0 for I don't know HOW long. It was maxed out...

Wow. Let me think... that would be something like 60 deaths.

SIXTY!?!?

yep, I suck, that's the official decree.

Jae
Apr 28, 2004, 03:11 PM
On 2004-04-28 12:43, Antimony wrote:
....So really, the only worthwhile PB at higher levels is Mylla and Youlla, or if you chain together all the destructive ones.

Aside from M&Y, it's also good to have Estilla and Pilla on your MAG because those give the biggest boost when you combo them together, and you're not supposed to have two M&Ys consecutively anyway.

The other PBs aren't worth having since PB damage in Ult is spare change and they make for cruddy combos that give low S/D boost.

SolRiver
Apr 28, 2004, 03:31 PM
hmm dont know about them being all light type, but i am sure estlla and pilla are both light type... and the one i am not sure of is golla...

Hrith
Apr 28, 2004, 03:37 PM
On 2004-04-28 13:31, SolRiver wrote:
hmm dont know about them being all light type, but i am sure estlla and pilla are both light type... and the one i am not sure of is golla...

Don't worry, I have tested all this. So have Sounomi and Nohra.

Mixfortune
Apr 28, 2004, 03:42 PM
Mylla and Youlla is nice to have, along with Estlla.
Estlla for some reason seems underrated, but I can easily get 1400-1600+ on a room full of enemies with a well placed Estlla. Pilla is decent as well, if you do not have Estlla. Farlla is fairly weak and not really worth it. Golla... well they did increase its range, but if it still only hits a single target, it's not worth it, since it still does less per target than an Estlla. Leilla... meh.

So, for 3 photon blasts, go with:
Mylla & Youlla
Estlla
Pilla

You can put Leilla if you like you have one of each type of photon blast, but since the only way to get Leilla is by a Force evolving the mag in its first evolution, it's generally wasteful.

SolRiver
Apr 28, 2004, 03:42 PM
grant vs PB, which most of you prefer?

personally i think both sux... megid is way more useful than grant... grant just take too much tp and too little dmg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2004-04-28 13:43 ]</font>

Kyrous
Apr 28, 2004, 04:11 PM
HOW DO YOU COMBO PBS!?!?!?

Ketchup345
Apr 28, 2004, 04:13 PM
On 2004-04-28 14:11, Kyrous wrote:
HOW DO YOU COMBO PBS!?!?!?

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=877

Siris
Apr 28, 2004, 05:05 PM
PBs rock in ULT! I'm guessing you've never done a 4 way blast that included the twins?

Rain_1
Apr 28, 2004, 06:19 PM
well.. i dunno about GC... but i can tell you for sure that on PC Ver2, with my level 116 FOnewearl and a +90 red handgun with no mines %, without the twins i do 0 damage. With the twins on a 4 mag combo using them, pilla, golla and farlla (not the best combo out there), i could damage everything with 90/130 with the red handgun.

On ver2, where ultimate is INSANELY HARDER than on gc, that's very useful to me... Specially since my ATP with my bana and the red handgun is 1219, and the combo made it jump to 28xx (i don't remember the last two numbers).

Quite impressive for a "useless attack" if you ask me... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Jazhara
Apr 29, 2004, 04:14 AM
On 2004-04-28 12:16, iamfanboy wrote:
But lately, when I see that photon bar start to creep full, I telepipe back to Pioneer just to avoid having to deal with that split second disadvantage of not having my second shortcut bar.

If you want to lose your PB, just unequip and re-equip your mag - same effect. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Armok
Apr 29, 2004, 10:15 AM
4 x M&Y by 4 racasts with max atp and a spread needle each = even ep2 all cleared in under 1 hr.

Deus-Irae
May 1, 2004, 02:09 AM
On 2004-04-29 08:15, Armok wrote:
4 x M&Y by 4 racasts with max atp and a spread needle each = even ep2 all cleared in under 1 hr.

4xM&Y wouldnt combo. you need at least 2 different PBs to combo properly.

Armok
May 1, 2004, 04:39 AM
4x was refering to a 4 way combo with M&Y as one of them. I just call it a 4x M&Y out of habit.

iamfanboy
May 1, 2004, 11:45 AM
Okay, now that I've actually PLAYED online and taken part of several PB combos, I have to say that photon blasts are NOT useless and in fact come in very handy if you're quick with the fingers.

.......man, it sucked when I wasn't though.

KingChaos
May 1, 2004, 12:24 PM
from 2000 atp from lvl 30 i get 4026 in a combo