PDA

View Full Version : FanArt: Hush-Hush Gallery #2! Her Dead Eyes

AzureBlaze
Apr 29, 2004, 01:03 AM
Here's the 2nd addition to the gallery!
The first post of this type recieved a lot of positive response, so here goes another image. The same rules apply to this one:
Disclaimer:
Ok. I do not know where this came from. It's old. Most likely the site is gone/renamed/lost interest/whatever. I don't know who did it. It WASNT ME. Or any one I know. Credit is not being taken. Penciller X didn't sign it.

Instructions:
This viewing is meant for PSOW people only. Don't blabber this this around or link it or hoard it or anything. The key is for PSOWers to see and enjoy something they otherwise wouldn't of. But if word gets out that people are viewing some image away from it's original source, someone is likely to lay the smack and end all of this.
*Once this topic moves off the first page of this forum, the link will be edited out, removing the
image.

This time, it's a RAcaseal by the same Mystery Penciller X who did the first image. I really like how you can see the inner workings of her metal-hair appendages. The gloves she's got on are great too, wrinkleing them over fingers properly takes a good bit of skill.

Mostly though, she's striking because you can tell this isn't some living person. She's got the nice 'android dead eyes' thing going on, that I suspect they all must with the 'fake skin' variety of androids. Like Barbie-dolls or something, the face is nice and they can be pretty, but there's always the little give-away.

***Image Has Been Edited Out*** You can PM me to see the work, but otherwise it's gone off the web.

The one thing that's slightly off is the gun, which doesn't exist in the game anywhere (notice, it is wired to something) and, I think it is supposed to be glowing, but looks somewhat washed out instead. Or, since glows are horribly hard to achieve with pencil, I'd imagine they're hard to scan well too.

This one, having more person available to view in the picture allows Penciller X to really demonstrate how good it is at shiny objects, plastic, metal, and wiring. Their skill at hair is still apparent, this time, with the difficult pale hair variety. It is one thing to render blacks/dark hair, and another to do good pale ones, like yellows or whites. You still need to achieve the depth of shadow in them, and carry out the highlights without makeing the hair look dark or dull.

If this post does well, the next image will be a comedy one, and in color. (not by the same artist) Post all comments/inspirations, and if you'd like to see the rather absurd next image be sure to let me know in this post. Trust me, it's got a concept so rare...well you'll just have to see. In the meantime, enjoy the great art!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AzureBlaze on 2004-05-01 19:03 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AzureBlaze on 2004-05-07 21:31 ]</font>

navci
Apr 29, 2004, 01:25 AM
This is an interesting image. This Penciller X, whoever he/she is, is very good at teh pencils. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

She made me look at her a few times before I understand what is what tho. And since you already wrote a very good overall impression of the picture and what to look at, I won't bother to come up with more words then.

Yes. Her Dead eyes.
And Yes, I'd love to see more.

KaFKa
Apr 29, 2004, 02:35 AM
*stares for a good twenty minutes*

oh!

yes... so many things can be said about it...

*stares some more*

whoever this person is, must be professional or something...

*stares some more*

[EDIT] the eyes...
the eyes...
they stare back so,
with not a soul to show,
they watch me there and fro,
is she real?
sadly, i must say no...

(wow... thats the first time ive actually done poetry in i dont know how long. kinda shitty though *shrug* either way... *keeps staring*)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KaFKa on 2004-04-29 00:39 ]</font>

KingChaos
Apr 29, 2004, 10:13 AM
thats is very good

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 29, 2004, 10:25 AM
o_O

Are you absolutely certain that's not an artsy, black and white photograph of someone in cosplay or something?

O_o

On a more serious note...

Yeah... That's quite the impressive work. That's detail in the extreme.

Zzzzzz
Apr 29, 2004, 11:35 AM
Eh, Kafka?

*taps Kafka's shoulder repeatly while saying "Kafka?"*

*WAP!*

Owies! I'll just wait my turn then...

*two days later*

FINALLY!

*stares*

Numbskull...wants....to....see....comedy...pic.... too...

*continues staring*

navci
Apr 29, 2004, 12:58 PM
I am going to assume this person has photographic reference for the person anyway, cuz she looks oddly familiar.

Which leads to the conclusion that this real person has dead eyes also, now that's scary.

Wyndham
Apr 29, 2004, 01:48 PM
On 2004-04-29 10:58, navi wrote:
I am going to assume this person has photographic reference for the person anyway, cuz she looks oddly familiar.

Which leads to the conclusion that this real person has dead eyes also, now that's scary.

hm.
a girl at a church thing once said my eyes were terrifying.
hm.
maybe.
something about a light or lack of light, but w/e.
IT'S AMAZING!!!

PSO_Komodo
Apr 30, 2004, 03:54 AM
Aww I missed the first one... Thats just unreal, so realistic.

Any chance you could PM me a link to the first one?

ShrimpChips
Apr 30, 2004, 03:23 PM
wow. it's amazing.

Robo47
Apr 30, 2004, 03:27 PM
WTF? that things on Ian-Kun X.net?!?!

*glares at Ian*

Is there something he should be telling us?

AzureBlaze
May 1, 2004, 09:01 PM
Ok, Since the same question arose in both times the Hush-Hush Gallery has made an appearance, it seems that it requires a general disclaimer of some sort, which I've Edited in to the original post on this thread.

KafKa, if you made up the poem, it's good...it sounds like it is from something, like shakespeare or something really old (he did iambic pent. most of the time, and I've forgotten how to mark off to check so...)

Robo47: Yes, the image is being hosted by IanKunX, in a very generous offer. I am providing the gallery materials, and it is his space that hosts them. Why? Because this gallery is not entirely "Kosher" or whatever the word is for it. They're posts of ancient images off of websites that are no longer up, or posts of things that the original was lost, and there's no real way to ask permission. But, credit is not being wrongly taken/plagerized so...

However, if something went 'wrong' and whoever did the images started raising a huge fuss, IanKunX has the ability to take them down at a much faster rate then I could off of my own space. Without him and his web-space and the time he took to post them up, this whole thing wouldn't of been possible.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the gallery so far, and there's lots more fun to come.

KaFKa
May 2, 2004, 06:21 AM
On 2004-05-01 19:01, AzureBlaze wrote:
KafKa, if you made up the poem, it's good...it sounds like it is from something, like shakespeare or something really old

came straight from this skull o' mine.

im not sure about the iambic pentameter in it, since i made it on the spot. either way, it was meant to sound olden. thanks for the compliment http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

and after hours of thought, this has replaced my old desktop for a while.