PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

shaggdog3
Apr 29, 2004, 09:46 AM
Hello. I haven't posted in a long time, and it was only once, so you most likely have no idea who I am.
I will be getting online on PSO episode 3 soon (yay!), and I have a few questions:

1) To use a character in online games, do you have to unlock it first?

2) Is there any point to having more than one character?

3) Does section ID do anything?

4) Do you PSO worlders hang out anywhere? I never liked playing with random people.

and, lastly,

5) How do i beat pollux as a hunter? It's killed me 4 times already.

Also, when I get online, look out for SD3 the RAmar or SC5 the RAmarl. Those are my characters.
Thanks in advance!

decswxaqz
Apr 29, 2004, 10:06 AM
1) To use a character in online games, do you have to unlock it first?
2) Is there any point to having more than one character?
3) Does section ID do anything?
4) Do you PSO worlders hang out anywhere? I never liked playing with random people.
5) How do i beat pollux as a hunter? It's killed me 4 times already.

1. Yes
2. I don't see one really. Unless the answer to 3 is yes.
3. Some say yes, some don't. It affects what spins at the end credits. I think it does, but some say no. You'll just have to form your own opinion http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.
4. I guess Ant 8. Try checking the Battle & Tournament boards
5. I use Silfer, 1 Dagger, 1 Durandal, and 3 basic mags. Take 3 TP defense and Cancel if you have it. Stock up on attack cards. Attack with the durandal first and she should try to block it. Even with Guard, you should still do some damage, then attack with the daggers for 8 damage http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

shaggdog3
Apr 29, 2004, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the help, but when I tried to use sil'fer it said I couldn't use her because she was already dispatched or something like that.
Oh, and I have one other question:
Does the dressing room become available after you finish both of the storylines or just one?
Once again, thanks for your help.

decswxaqz
Apr 29, 2004, 10:30 AM
Oh. Just use another Hunter then. Maybe Orland.
And yes, I think you have to finish both. You should be able to use the same deck you used against Pollux as the very last boss. I used the default Arkz deck against the last Arkz boss and won. And my language was in Japanese.

*SPOILER*
so I couldn't tell that it would regain health below 5HP.
*END SPOILER*

shaggdog3
Apr 29, 2004, 11:47 AM
Blarg, i've tried about 10 times in the past hour but I still can't beat pollux. >_<
Any other tips? I used orland and two durandals...but the stupid thing always hit me with a heavy attack or bind when i was winning.
Oh well, i'll try again later, i suppose...*wanders off to play it more*

Arislan
Apr 29, 2004, 02:29 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2065

decswxaqz
Apr 29, 2004, 02:52 PM
What I do is:
1) No matter what cards you get, always move forward two. Even if it means you don't have a weapon equipped.
2) She'll probably use her Devil's Whim (right one?) that will reduce your MV to 1. She will then probably move to the right 1. You should have a defence card in case she attacks.
3) If your move is 1 then just move forward again. You probably have a weapon by now.
4) She will attack and maybe use a few assist cards. Just leave them.
5) Move right one so she is trapped against the back line. If you can attack. If you've been lucky and got two weapons on, and if it's a hunter, use Durandal then the other weapon.
6) She will either use an assist and go right or move 2 left and try using Devil's Whim again. If you have Cancel just use it.
7) Just keep moving back and forth along the second line and she won't have time to attack. If she does attack use Reduction or TP Defence.

I've done her 5+ times and this has worked every time. I'm not too sure how common Durandals are but you get at least one at the start I think. They are the key really. 2 extra AP is handy when someone as Weak Block. I've killed her in 6 turns using this method, and if you aren't hit much, and you kill her under 10ish turns, you should get a S-rank every time.

navci
Apr 29, 2004, 02:58 PM
On 2004-04-29 08:16, shaggdog3 wrote:
Thanks for the help, but when I tried to use sil'fer it said I couldn't use her because she was already dispatched or something like that.

For the last battle if you want an ending with cutscenes you will have to choose between : Sil'fer, Kranz and Ino'lis.

And you can only choose the one (in the three) that you have used the most. So, you prolly used Kranz or Ino'lis more than Sil'fer? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

shaggdog3
Apr 29, 2004, 03:45 PM
Ah, that would make sense. I used Sil'fer once, Ino'lis not at all, and Kranz maybe two times. Heh.
Ok, i'll try it again now.

EDIT: i tried it once again with kranz and won. Cool.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shaggdog3 on 2004-04-29 14:05 ]</font>

agenevil
Jun 25, 2004, 10:05 PM
This is a relatively old posts, but not trying to be evil or anything by bumping it. I thought If i asked a question relative to here you would say "search n00b" so I came here and it talks about what I need.

Anyways I saw the whole who you use most thing. If I use sil'fer in free battle a few times does that mean I can use her on pollux?

Mixfortune
Jun 26, 2004, 04:02 AM
I would assume that the counts are done in story mode.
So, you'd have to go through story mode again after clearing it initially to get the other endings.

But, it could be possible to try not using any of the three at all, then using them all without saving against Pollux for their endings... not sure if that will work, but it could be useful in trying out for future reference.