PDA

View Full Version : Nervous about Monday

Gnarled_rose
Apr 29, 2004, 06:36 PM
Hey, all I'm looking for is a little encouragment here. Maybe a pat on the back.
Anyway, I'm feeling nervous because I plan on setting up a meeting with a girl who I haven't seen in five years, a girl who (in a nutshell) broke my heart and made me who I am today: A romanticist full-time gamer/author with no true reason to get up in the morning. I have no idea how she'll react to seeing me, although I'm pretty sure my reaction will be something along the lines of every emotion ever felt by living humans. And two felt exclusively by lobsters. I don't know how she feels about me, and I don't know if that's a good thing or not. I have this terrible and mendacious (untrue) reputation of coming off as some kind of stalker kid, who follows girls around with a camera or something.
Anyone who knows me will tell you this is the only time I've ever felt trepidition(uncertainty of feeling) since November of 1999, if I remember correctly.
Thanks in advance to everyone who replies for your help and just for reading.

Uncle_bob
Apr 29, 2004, 06:57 PM
Don't rush things and stay calm. Common sense but people tend to forget that.

Skett
Apr 29, 2004, 09:33 PM
Wow. Sounds like she doesn't even know your about to make this meeting. Well, Thorny, I'm sure it will be fine. Be yourself and dont try anything dumb.

Well, tell us how it goes the next day (or that night)!

Gnarled_rose
Apr 29, 2004, 09:41 PM
On 2004-04-29 19:33, Skett wrote:
Wow. Sounds like she doesn't even know your about to make this meeting. Well, Thorny, I'm sure it will be fine. Be yourself and dont try anything dumb.

Well, tell us how it goes the next day (or that night)!

"Don't try anything dumb?" Oh! That's right! You don't actually know me in real life! Well, rest assured, I'm the last guy to do anything stupid (Captain Chivalry, they call me. Well, they would, if anyone actually talked to me.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gnarled_rose on 2004-04-29 19:41 ]</font>

derBauer
Apr 29, 2004, 09:43 PM
Hmmm. you plan on setting ths up. I think it sounds like bad news. Maybe you feel like she is the only person you can talk about your problems with, I don't know.
If after 5 years you still want to talk to her I would say you are doing the right thing in trying to do this. You need to have your goals or intentions (whatever you want to call it) organized.
Good luck. Have fun. Don't appear to be obsessed.

Sharkyland
Apr 30, 2004, 12:36 AM
I suck at words of encouragement, but I hope the best of luck to you, and a little cheer: RAH RAH SIS BOOM BAH! GO TEAM GO!

Rainbowlemon
Apr 30, 2004, 02:14 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif These moments are make life truly worth living - the test of time. The challenge is whether or not you can face it full on! I would simply say be yourself - I myself was in almost EXACTLY the same situation as you about 3 months ago, the girlfriend of which I had been going out with for a year and nine months. I confronted her, and the first thing that I noiced was surprisingly, I still found her attractive. Pushing that thought to the very back of my mind, and remembering how she broke my heart enabled me to have a civilised conversation with her, give her a hug, and walk away feeling a hell of a lot better.

So, the advice? Please be yourself. There's nothing worse than a bad act to impress. Also, you may get that feeling when you see her again, that feeling that tells you you still want to be with her after all. Accept it, because it is almost inevitable. Know, however, that she broke you're heart, but you came off the better man, and feel pride in yourself for knowing this.

And on that, I wish you good luck! You may not realise it, but these are definately fun times to be in! Make the most of it! If you need anything else, don't hesitate to PM me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

~ Antimony

Arislan
Apr 30, 2004, 05:20 AM
Exactly what Antimony said, only place it at 2 and a half years, and around 10 months ago.

Gnarled_rose
Apr 30, 2004, 06:58 AM
derBauer:Appearing obsessed is my biggest fear in this situation. Can I help it if I'm the kind of guy who likes gathering information before moving in? But don't worry, I think I've got my impulses under control enough.
Sharkyland:Thanks. Never had a cheer led for me before, and I'm gettin' all warm and tingly....so cut it out.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Antimony:I just might take you up on a PM, depending on how it goes.
And to the rest of the board, I'd like to announce that I now have something to live for!!! And there was much rejoicing. *yay*

Rainbowlemon
Apr 30, 2004, 07:39 AM
On 2004-04-30 04:58, Gnarled_rose wrote:
I'd like to announce that I now have something to live for!!! And there was much rejoicing. *yay*

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Anyone has a chance for a good life as long as they have something to live for...so http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

~ Antimony

Daikarin
Apr 30, 2004, 07:43 AM
Just calm down, be yourself and realise that will be an unforgettable experience which will make you feel alive.

Gnarled_rose
May 3, 2004, 06:18 PM
Yee-ha! It's monday! And I did it! And I feel great! Listen, my children, and you shall hear the fetching long daytime walk of that one kid.
Rose: Hey!
Announcer:Anyway, he walked and he walked across an entire town to get there. And when he got there? He walked, somewhat nervously, into the main office.
(watch me lie! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif)Rose:Hi, uh, I'm looking to leave a message for a girl that I have science with. I forgot to tell her some stuff, and it's really important.
Receptionist:Can't you call her? (She's not suspicious; just helping me to explore all my options.)
Rose:(Snap decision)There's diagrams and tables, really hard to explain.*Pull out note.*
Receptionist:Okay, well, you can just give it to me, I'll write down her name and call her down tomorrow morning.

HUZZAH!!!!IT went so perfectly well! She's guaranteed to respond! I feel good, and if I knew how to moon-walk, I'd have done it the entire way home.
But I can't. So I didn't.
HUZZAH!!!!

Daikarin
May 3, 2004, 06:33 PM
Do I sense a "Free beer for everyone" quote?

Ness
May 3, 2004, 07:16 PM
Today, I had to take an AP test for English III. I hate Mondays.

Gnarled_rose
May 3, 2004, 07:21 PM
On 2004-05-03 16:33, Even_Jin wrote:
Do I sense a "Free beer for everyone" quote?

Only if you're willing to accept your choice of non-alcoholic substitute. We can't have these young'uns walking in, getting free beer. That'd be deliquency of a minor, and it's really hard to restart a five-year-cold relationship from prison.

FREE NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE FOR EVERYONE!!!

Hikara
May 4, 2004, 08:40 AM
I'll take you up on the free Drink, Rose! My game making is melting my brain.

*grabs the drink*

Might as well melt it faster!!

Congrats, Rose. Glad things worked out.

Gnarled_rose
May 6, 2004, 09:02 PM
Hope this doesn't qualify as bumping old threads, but I'm VERY pleased to announce to anyone still wondering about this that Hikara and I will be going to see above-mentioned girl Friday evening.
Cross your fingers! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Hikara
May 7, 2004, 01:32 PM
Source of Transportation I am.

And Rose, it's most likely a yes. my dad just needs to check to make sure. ^_^

Chaos_Phoenix
May 7, 2004, 01:50 PM
Well, Rose, the best of luck to you. It may be rough at first, and I don't want to iterate the entire thread but: Be yourself. That is the one thing in life you can do to ensure victory. If that doesn't work, she obviously isn't for you. I've seen who you really are, so don't worry. Worst case, you end up having to find someone else. But remember this: LIFE GOES ON...

Gnarled_rose
May 7, 2004, 05:37 PM
On 2004-05-07 11:50, Chaos_Phoenix wrote:
Well, Rose, the best of luck to you. It may be rough at first, and I don't want to iterate the entire thread but: Be yourself. That is the one thing in life you can do to ensure victory. If that doesn't work, she obviously isn't for you. I've seen who you really are, so don't worry. Worst case, you end up having to find someone else. But remember this: LIFE GOES ON...

What's up with all the repetitive advice? When have you people never seen me as myself? Sure, my actual attitude changes, but towards (If I may be common for a moment...) "the ladies" I am always the exact gentleman I make myself out to be. I figure, act old-fashioned, you end up like the movies. (Although there's something to be said for thumping techno, flashing lights, and "going for a cruise" meaning "circling the Dairy Queen."

No.)

Chaos_Phoenix
May 10, 2004, 08:30 AM
Wanna know why there's so much repetiton? 'Cause it's the best advice. I heard it went well, so what do you care? We merely gave you iterated advice because we thought it would help. Next time, if you don't want the same advice over and over, you should stress so. Just trying to be helpful, Mr. Rose http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif