PDA

View Full Version : FOmar mag?

stormwalkr777
Apr 29, 2004, 08:09 PM
Hey guys do yaw think that a Nidra 5/45/50/100 is a good mag to use with a FOmar? I may not should have put on that much power and Dex and went for a normal mag i dont know right now I am using a Rati 5/145/50/0 untill i finish the Nidra off (lvl 142 at the moment). Yaw think the Nidra will work good with him?

Ketchup345
Apr 29, 2004, 08:16 PM
Nidra is great for a FOmar. I don't think those stats are personally. I beleiev (as well as many others), that if you are going to melee and tech, make a Mag for each.

So maybe a:
50/0/0/150 for tech casting
5/125/70/0 for melee

Zelgadis
Apr 29, 2004, 08:17 PM
Decent mag. Though I found that my mst tops at 1340. I also found that dfp tops at 471. (I think its 471) So I'm currently using a 70/80/0/50 until I can make a 25/100/25/50. I don't really need magic anymore due to the fact that I'll hit tops again in about 30 levels. Yeah yeah It might be awhile....but it allows growth in MST still. Do you have any /mind units equipped?

stormwalkr777
Apr 29, 2004, 08:21 PM
my units are

Ogre/Power+
Elf/Arm**
Angel/Mind++
Angel/Mind

Ketchup345
Apr 29, 2004, 08:24 PM
On 2004-04-29 18:21, stormwalkr777 wrote:
my units are

Ogre/Power+
Elf/Arm**
Angel/Mind++
Angel/Mind

With a FOrce, with those stats on your Mag, and only one Elf/Arm(++?), you still probably won't be hitting much later on.

Keep your FOmar (and FOmarl) based on one thing at a time, but carry both things if you switch. It is wasteful at lower levels to have scattered stat points.

Zelgadis
Apr 29, 2004, 08:33 PM
I find myself using 2 Angel/tp's a HP/restore and a TP/restore. Though I don't really need the restores. I think the restores are right. The ones that are the middle ones. I wish I had a TP/create and an HP/revival. Atleast you'd be able to see the difference. Need some GOD/tp's as well....being over 150 is getting to be a pain due to the constant switching of equipment due to some stats maxing out.

lain2k3
Apr 29, 2004, 08:34 PM
Mag: 5/105/90/0 for melee, 50/0/0/150 for casting

Units: melee: as many */arm units as you have.
casting: a bunch of resist and cure/* units.

stormwalkr777
Apr 29, 2004, 08:38 PM
On 2004-04-29 18:24, Ketchup345 wrote:

On 2004-04-29 18:21, stormwalkr777 wrote:
my units are

Ogre/Power+
Elf/Arm**
Angel/Mind++
Angel/Mind

With a FOrce, with those stats on your Mag, and only one Elf/Arm(++?), you still probably won't be hitting much later on.

Keep your FOmar (and FOmarl) based on one thing at a time, but carry both things if you switch. It is wasteful at lower levels to have scattered stat points.

I honestly dont see any prob thus far i mean he is lvl 31 and can already use the Delsaber's Buster with that mag/unit setting. Also he SELDOMLY misses. "You underestimate my sneakiness!" lol

Nai_Calus
Apr 29, 2004, 09:36 PM
Lain, that much DEX is wasteful on a FOmar. Zero is L141, and with a 50 DEX MIND Rati and no /Arm slot units, he has 145 or so base ATA. A God/Arm and change would max him out, there's no need for 90 DEX plus /Arm units. Units and Mags won't add over max. The FOmar has very mediocre max ATA, but he has fairly decent growth on it.

And really, unless you try to melee Seabed or Ruins or something equally foolish, that's more than adequete, even online. I actually have a FOmar, and he's at a decently respectable level, 141. You look at his stats and dismiss him and say 'He needs this', but really, he doesn't. Actual use shows things stats never do, which is why I no longer judge characters on stats and have no opinions about classes I don't regularily use or see used at high levels. I have no HUcast of my own, but I see 150+ HUcasts used fairly often, and have an idea of what they can pull off, but I won't say I'm an expert on them since I don't use them. I use my FOmar, and really, he can do more with his seemingly mediocre stats than you would think.

Personally, for the FOmar, I'd recommend two Mags.

One 5/135/60/0 or 5/125/70/0 if you're low enough, one 5/0/45/150. You can make a MIND Mag with 50 DEF, but I don't recommend it - 50 DFP is not really worth it, IMO, unless you use a Resta Merge as your usual shield, and takes an age to raise. Use /Arm units as needed for melee... Also, ditch any HP/TP restoring units, they're quite literally useless. Replace them with God/HP or or Cure/*** units, which will be far more useful.

As you get to higher levels, you can poke around with stats and mat usage to work towards maxing out stats as well as possible. You can always raise another Mag, don't forget.

lain2k3
Apr 29, 2004, 09:42 PM
yeah, i know no one needs that much, but I figured that he wouldnt completely listen to either piece of advice, so I gave some leeway.

stormwalkr777
Apr 29, 2004, 09:48 PM
i have to agree with Ian.....usage can show things stats cannot. Thus far my (for lack of a better term) rounded out FOmar (both ATP boosts AND MST boosts) have faired quite well and has balanced ATP and MST can kill everything thus far into hard mode (lvl 32) within 1 combo including Hildebears/blues as well as killing everything with a single grants (most of the time) so thinks for the advise everyone but i think i will attempt to make my melee/casting FOmar i'll find a way to make it work. I know people who have melee FOnuwearls and if u can do that i know I can do what i'm tryin to lol.

lain2k3
Apr 29, 2004, 09:50 PM
I've seen Ian's fomar hit stuff in online ult. ruins with 172 or so ata, whereas I have NEVER hit anything in ult forest offline with less than 185 ata.

Usage shows that there are large discrepancies between individual copies of the game.

DOG21313
Apr 29, 2004, 09:55 PM
I agree with Ian also. My mag has 50 dex (Im pretty sure... o.o) and I always keep 2 elf/arm++s and a God/Ability, and at level 147 I am maxed on ATA.

I think you should be able to make a mag that is balanced in both power and magic, because that is what FOmars are for basically. Balance it out, thats what I did, power and mind are near the same on my mag, and I am using a soul banish to cause some major dmg as well as casting for pretty high amounts also (Although i usually dont get many chances to hit seeing as my friends are high leveled most of the time) =P

Heh, just thought I would throw in my two cents. XP

Ketchup345
Apr 30, 2004, 05:29 AM
On 2004-04-29 19:48, stormwalkr777 wrote:
i have to agree with Ian.....usage can show things stats cannot. Thus far my (for lack of a better term) rounded out FOmar (both ATP boosts AND MST boosts) have faired quite well and has balanced ATP and MST can kill everything thus far into hard mode (lvl 32) within 1 combo including Hildebears/blues as well as killing everything with a single grants (most of the time) so thinks for the advise everyone but i think i will attempt to make my melee/casting FOmar i'll find a way to make it work. I know people who have melee FOnuwearls and if u can do that i know I can do what i'm tryin to lol.

This will most likely end soon (possibly Very Hard), and will not come back until a very high level, since they can't constantly hit without some high hit% on their weapons (they will still need it anyway, since they have the lowest maxed ATA in the game). You can seriously increase your damage by using 2 differently dedicated Mags.

They also have dedicated Mags.