PDA

View Full Version : Greedy arent ya

Link108
Apr 30, 2004, 09:59 AM
I love multi mode. But my one major gripe is when I play with a friend, 9 out of 10 times they go straigh for the packages and leave me to deal with the masses of local residents. Im usually fair when it comes to the packages, I devide them up even and if theres a big package and a few little ones I let my teammate decide big one or lots of little ones. But it justs bugs me to death when they run straight for the packages.

Jason
Apr 30, 2004, 10:03 AM
On 2004-04-30 07:59, Link108 wrote:
I love multi mode. But my one major gripe is when I play with a friend, 9 out of 10 times they go straigh for the packages and leave me to deal with the masses of local residents. Im usually fair when it comes to the packages, I devide them up even and if theres a big package and a few little ones I let my teammate decide big one or lots of little ones. But it justs bugs me to death when they run straight for the packages.

Fight in separate rooms then (I know there isn't many, but...) . You'll get yours there and your friend gets his or hers there.

Rainbowlemon
Apr 30, 2004, 10:21 AM
Packages....cute.

I suggest assigning one person to pick up all the rares, and having him at the end drop them all, so that everyone can decide what they want. However, you'd have to be with people you trust...and they'd have to agree...so my OTHER advice is run faster http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Jason
Apr 30, 2004, 10:27 AM
Yeah. Train yourself to grab the red boxes in an instant. Or play with new or other friends that you can trust who are fair that would like PSO. Your friends who are greedy, won't share, ignorant to you, encourage you to do things that they won't do, are not your true friends.

RadiantLegend
Apr 30, 2004, 10:30 AM
Good thing i play with my little brother. I'll kick his greedy ass if it ever come to that.

Mixfortune
Apr 30, 2004, 11:00 AM
Actually, offline, we agreed that whoever gets it gets it, for that extra little challenge http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif And then, if one of the other people want it, the negotiations and trades start. I don't do that sort of thing online, so don't worry about that. But it can make the game more interesting. Anything to keep the same four people playing http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Link108
Apr 30, 2004, 12:42 PM
Out of all the replys and advice, I like Antimony's the best. RUN FASTER, lol. Never crossed my mind, I'm usually mad that they ran off and too busy fighting to think about running.

Kuea
Apr 30, 2004, 01:18 PM
well that happens to me too.
Now whenever I play with friends I run over to a red chest as soon as I can when the enemys thin and if it's a gun I equip it to see what it is if it's a sword I tell my friend and he grabs it.

even in ultimate our chars work together so well it doesn't even matter if I stop fighting or he does we still kick ass

Dhylec
Apr 30, 2004, 01:42 PM
sighs.. share your rares & lesser-rares if you can!
don't keep an item your char can't use while another teammate can
i've learned to share after a game with those who do..

Liquid_Bacon
Apr 30, 2004, 04:20 PM
My, do I ever love playing with a fun group of legit players. Before we start an area (we all know the drop charts), we each "call" one item that we're looking for. Obviously, more than four different items can drop, and an item that isn't claimed does, the conversation is often like this:

Person #1: Oh, check it out! A Cure/Paralysis!
Person #2: Nice! Thank you Dark Bringer!
Person #3: Congrats!
Person #4: Wow, a Cure/Paralysis! Nice!
Person #1: Who wants it? It's just going to sit in my bank.
Person #3: I'm using one right now, so I'm good.
Person #2: I think I've got one somewhere on one of my characters. If not, I'm still not really going to use it. You should take it then, #4!
Person #4: Wow, nice! Thanks, guys!

(And the hunt continues.)

That's how it usually goes; I kid you not. You sure don't find maturity and courtesy like that on Apatite .

Stingray
Apr 30, 2004, 08:50 PM
Liquid_Bacon... thats how I like to play, I usaully pick up all the red boxes that I can even the ones claimed though, but I drop them untekked to the one who claimed it... I just like touching the red boxes http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

maybe we should play together some time

DurakkenX
Apr 30, 2004, 11:10 PM
Since i have very few items left i try to get the red boxes i see...if i actually need it i keep unless someone has a dupe/hacked that they want to get rid of of the same item because people even though they have hacked items still like legit rars...if i do have it, unless someone wants it, which most of the time the people i play with don't care because we share and dupe our items between each other...i keep a lot of legit items that sometime i'll drop and give to legit friends

Brex546
May 1, 2004, 11:16 AM
The way me and my friend play is "ye who gets the red, keeps it" but normally if i c one and i really dont need it i give it 2 'em. most of the time when im all loney and no friends, i play by me self doing a run 4 a certian item then brag about it like mmm the stupid adv. regen gear. but when we play sometimes we call certian items and play in the area where we know one of our Id's find it.

SpyroDi
May 2, 2004, 04:29 PM
On 2004-04-30 14:20, Liquid_Bacon wrote:
My, do I ever love playing with a fun group of legit players. Before we start an area (we all know the drop charts), we each "call" one item that we're looking for. Obviously, more than four different items can drop, and an item that isn't claimed does, the conversation is often like this:

Person #1: Oh, check it out! A Cure/Paralysis!
Person #2: Nice! Thank you Dark Bringer!
Person #3: Congrats!
Person #4: Wow, a Cure/Paralysis! Nice!
Person #1: Who wants it? It's just going to sit in my bank.
Person #3: I'm using one right now, so I'm good.
Person #2: I think I've got one somewhere on one of my characters. If not, I'm still not really going to use it. You should take it then, #4!
Person #4: Wow, nice! Thanks, guys!

(And the hunt continues.)

That's how it usually goes; I kid you not. You sure don't find maturity and courtesy like that on Apatite .

True,that...Legitimate players on the Xbox seem to be more courteous and polite. And,they don't keep the rare they pick up and say 'OMG! I FOUND A DRAGON SLAYER!!11!' even though they're using 4 Al Rappies,a 195 Power Mag and a TJ-Sword. But instead,if they don't want it they'll either trade it to someone or give it out.

Anyway:

That usually happens online too. Everyone rushes to the Red Box and ignores all the enemies. One time a rare dropped in the middle of the room behind all the enemies in the Caves(I was using my FOrce and Razonde),they all rushed to grab it and all died on the same Ob Lily. I left them dead for their greediness and let myself bask in the glory of the Red Sword. One of them even left after that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

(500th post)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SpyroDi on 2004-05-02 14:29 ]</font>

BlackWolf
May 2, 2004, 08:14 PM
ya, i also play in muti-mode with my friends and they also steal the packages. but doesnt matter i play alone in single-mode i can lots of good items. they leave me with all the monsters, then i have no choice to fight my way thru like a warrior. TAKE THIS!!!!