PDA

View Full Version : First FSOD... AVOIDED.

iamfanboy
May 1, 2004, 04:57 AM
...Only one day into my online experience with PSO, and already I've managed to FSOD once? Wow.

For a second there, as the screen froze on my character while I tried to change ships, I was reminded of the last time I was shot at; that same scary, shocking feeling, like, "What the FU- HEY, THAT AIN'T RIGHT!!"

Fortunately, my quick reflexes saved my arse as I was reminded of Kef's wise words,

"When you FSOD, young Hunter, remember to pull your memory card from the Gamecube quickly lest the terrible fate of corruption sets in..."

And I reached up and whipped my memory card right out of there!

Weird thing though. When I went to check my character afterwords, it gave me a little message along the bottom of the character select screen (where it usually says "Please select character."), something along the lines of, "character did not save normally, all equipped item data will be lost" but when I opened Steyr AUG up, she still had all of her stuff. Is that normal?

dude3282
May 1, 2004, 06:08 AM
Sometimes my stuff was gone, sometimes it wasn't. However, one of my methods was different (correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a while since I've been online) - if it's a buzzing FSOD (I think that's the one) if you just pull out the cable coming out of you BBA/Modem it should disconnect and you'll have your char and all your stuff.

zimmk2vgc
May 1, 2004, 06:39 AM
possibly just translated badly. should say unequipped.

iamfanboy
May 1, 2004, 06:49 AM
...you HUNT FSODs?

As in look to destroy them, or try and find them so they happen to you?

bah. didn't mean to bore anyone with my ranting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: iamfanboy on 2004-05-01 05:22 ]</font>

Sef
May 1, 2004, 11:07 AM
Woah, I never knew about that. Well whenever I get online I'll be prepared!

Jason
May 1, 2004, 02:24 PM
On 2004-05-01 04:08, dude3282 wrote:
Sometimes my stuff was gone, sometimes it wasn't.

Your stuff unequipped (including equipped weapon if equipped) will be lost from a FSOD if you had join a team. You won't lose them stuff if you got a FSOD before you join a team. Keep that in mind.

On 2004-05-01 09:07, Sef wrote:
Woah, I never knew about that. Well whenever I get online I'll be prepared!

Don't worry, getting corruption from a FSOD (known as FSOD-X) happens very rarely. I survived through hundreds of FSODs without avoiding the risk of corruption. But it's good to be safe, don't be like me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-05-01 12:30 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
May 1, 2004, 02:34 PM
I've survived game joining and bank leaving FSODs... One of each... Third time's a charm... Fsck, I'm due for corruption any minute now. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Shrike
May 1, 2004, 09:47 PM
If your memory card gets corrupted from a FSOD, does it affect everything on your memory card or just the PSO files?

iamfanboy
May 1, 2004, 11:43 PM
when it happened to my friend it only took down his PSO save, nothing else.

of course, that was enough to make him pretty much give up on the game entirely. *shrug*

badbitz
May 2, 2004, 01:52 PM
I have never curropted from an FSOD for as long as I've been playing this game online-which is a tiny bit longer than a year.

Ketchup345
May 2, 2004, 02:39 PM
On 2004-05-01 19:47, Shrike wrote:
If your memory card gets corrupted from a FSOD, does it affect everything on your memory card or just the PSO files?

It depends. Some only corrupt the one character you were using, some corrupt al the PSO data, some may corrupt the card. It depends when you FSOD.

BlackWolf
May 2, 2004, 08:31 PM
heh u actually believe that will save ur character. that happen to my friend but he made 2 clones of his characters but one had items and the other one didnt so he transfer all his items to the other one and it was all good

G0bb0
May 2, 2004, 09:59 PM
I have had the game for two days on x box and FSOD twice..... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif The one time nothing happend and the other time I lost all my items i had with me including my Meteor Smash lol. It forzze for me twice on the joining game screen. I moved the lil star thingy around and it just froze there and started like stuttering and stalling.... It's ashame cause that was my favorite part of the game and now i don't move it.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif lol jk.

Shrike
May 3, 2004, 04:56 PM
Wow, I guess I'm lucky... I have been online for a few months now and not a single FSOD. WOOHOO!!! lol

Rainbowlemon
May 4, 2004, 11:54 AM
On 2004-05-01 02:57, iamfanboy wrote:
"When you FSOD, young Hunter, remember to pull your memory card from the Gamecube quickly lest the terrible fate of corruption sets in..."

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

FnalKnight
May 5, 2004, 05:48 PM
the BSOD, RSOD, and FSOD, don't seem to work on me. All I lose is my Meseta, no weapons or anything. I keep my levels and what not too. Perhapes I'm blessed?