PDA

View Full Version : Horrible vivid dreams

Kizaragu
May 1, 2004, 12:22 PM
Ever had one?
I've heard people tell me of their experiences but I've never had one first hand, until last night.

I'd just finished watching late night TV in my room
I know it was about 10 past 2 in the morning, as I remember looking at the clock just as King of the Hill finished.
The most alarming thing about it was the short space of time it took the dream to occur and that I don't really remember falling asleep as it were, I just turned off the TV and that's when it happened...

I was walking out of my friend's flat and down the stairs in a hurry.
It was dark and the streets were empty.
And instead of taking my normal route home, I opted to go the alternative way.
The next thing I remember was feeling a little light headed and then feeling my body vibrate vigorousely. I remember crying out "Oh no. not again. Anything but this!" and as I fainted I saw some blurry figures standing a few feet in front of me. (Supposedly human before you ask.)
Suddenly I woke up in bed in a cold sweat and my heart beating fast. Obviousely shaken! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
I was a little confused at first, not really sure as to what had just happend. Realising I must've fallen asleep, I looked at the clock and saw that it was only 02:25!?
I'd had a nightmare and a vivid one at that, in the short space of 15 minutes.

Anyone else had any similar experiences?

Sef
May 1, 2004, 12:30 PM
Wow, Kiz. That sounds pretty creepy.

I've had some dreams and they all tie together. I can't really remember how the first 2 were, but I can just barely remember the 3rd now.

I'm being chased by one person. Everytime I try to think of the guy I see the Terminator from T2. I know in the first dream I came home and my house was destroyed. I stepped outside and there he was. I ran for a bit and then jumped into a truck and drove as far away as I could. There were some times when he was a little bit behind me.

2nd and 3rd dream were pretty much just him chasing me. In the 3rd one I felt fear because he had tracked me all the way to this one room. It might have been a pitstop or something. I hid in a barrel and made it out alive, amazingly...

Crazy stuff your mind can do, huh?

I wonder what you meant by, "not again". And you say "supposedly" human?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sef on 2004-05-01 10:34 ]</font>

FOAtHeart
May 1, 2004, 12:42 PM
I still remember this dream, evne though it happened, like, 2 years ago. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Anyway, the first part,(not really related to the rest http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif) was this really panicked looking woman was hiding in a closet, and then it opened and a little creepy girl said"Happy Halloween!" and the Lady screamed.

Now for the rest. Anyway, I was in my living room. (It was very dark) and I looked on my couch and saw my mom sleeping on it. I said "Mom?" and she said,"No, I"m one of her clients.(looked exactly like mom though) and then I said, "Where's Dad?"

and She said"Your Dad is dead."

And I looked at the front door.

The next part is, I saw myself crawling up my stairs, (they had letters of the alphabet on them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif) and I saw Amanda Bynes as a vampire and I said, "I give up, Igive up!" and she said, "I don't care!" and lunged at my neck.

And I woke up.

Still haunts me to this day.

Outrider
May 1, 2004, 12:50 PM
Y'know what I think is weird? No matter how stupid a dream can seem when you're recalling it, it could be absolutely terrifying while it was happening.

Example: I had a dream (several times, I think) where there was a werewolf in my parents closet. So I had to hide from it for a while, until I realized it was going for my parents soon. Luckily, I manage to contact the X-Men, who I rushed into my parents closet with to fight the werewolf.

Heh heh... man, that was a wacky dream.

Sef
May 1, 2004, 12:57 PM
Ya know, Outrider is right...I remember how I got outta the jam in the last dream.

I turned into a beetle while in the barrel and crawl outta the place.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sef on 2004-05-01 10:58 ]</font>

anwserman
May 1, 2004, 01:18 PM
I dreamt I was falling from the sky.... and I didn't wake up before hitting the ground.

... That dream sucked and I woke up, like trembling.

Alighieri
May 1, 2004, 01:27 PM
Well, one night I dreamt that someone was trying to choke me to death. I woked up only to dicover that there really WAS a hand on my throat - I grabed it in an instant and then realized I it was my own hand...boy was I freaked out then. Never happened to me again - and I hope it`ll stay that way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alighieri on 2004-05-01 11:29 ]</font>

Kuea
May 1, 2004, 01:49 PM
thats just creepy.

most of my dreams scare the hell outta me but half of them I can't remember them.

how ever there was one where I was all alone in my town and I was searching everywhere for anyone but all I found was nothing.

eventually I found out a deadly virus had been unleashed that turned people into flesh eating monsters(not zombies).

after that I found a rocket launcher but since I didn't know how it works they found me and slowly killed me.

freaked me out so much since I had a headache after that dream.

last time I sleep in socials

dude3282
May 1, 2004, 03:13 PM
Hmm, I've had the same freaky dream twice: once a couple years ago and once a long time ago - like ten years ago, I lose track. It's quite odd.

I'm swimming, there are lots of other people swimming. Things are okay.

Then, I notice some suspicious looking people. Then, before my eyes, they grab one guy, drag him up on the ground, and strip him. Quickly, they grab his genitals and twist a certain way and he dies on the spot.

So, I'm terrified, swimming away frantically (funny how I don't remember where exactly I'm swimming) when they get me. I wake up seconds after having my manhood mangled, when I inexplicably die, perhaps from the pain. Imagine that happening when you're about seven . . . and then again once you've hit puberty. Man, that sucked. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_barf.gif

Recently, though, most of my bad dreams consist of running. And I can usually manipulate them, once I figure out they're a dream. After I figure out it's a dream, I can tell myself I can fly - like in my last "run from the beasties that want to kill me" dream I had.

Most recently, in one of those "run from the bad guys with guns" dreams, right when it seemed so hopeless, I figured it out and walked up to the big guy and said "You're just a figment of my imagination." And I slugged him in the face. But, I couldn't feel myself hitting him, and that drove me crazy for some odd reason. I kept hitting him, thinking maybe I wasn't hitting him hard enough. I woke up after that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dude3282 on 2004-05-01 13:15 ]</font>

_Ted_
May 1, 2004, 03:46 PM
You ever have that dream where you go into the bathroom and look in the mirror and there's someone behind you and then you flip around to see who it is and they aren't there?

I have had some pretty creepy dreams in the past, but Luckily I can't remeber most of them. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Blitzkommando
May 1, 2004, 05:08 PM
I have had some pretty freaky dreams... Some with large mutant bears in dark forests... Evil mutant demon bears... Anywho, one of the worst was where I was on a upper cliff-forest area above a beach. Someone is chasing me and, mind you this is at night, I run down to the parking lot at the beach. It is dark, and I am with some girl, a girl that frequents my dreams, good and bad. Anyways there is a group of people around a car and this particularly ugly woman pulls out a shotgun and kills her. She then points the barrel at my face and fires. I wake up then. Nothing like waking up after dreaming of having your head blown off...

Kadou
May 1, 2004, 05:13 PM
The creepiest dream I can remember was about a month or two ago. I don't know why, but this is the only dream I can remember that was in black nd white.

In the dream, I was in my friend's garrage while he was showing off his expensive SUV (can't remember what kind). For some reason he has his electric bass guitar strapped on his back.

Anyway, after a strange conversation which shifted from the car to carrots he'd been eating soley for every meal the last two days, the side door suddenly slammed open and a pair of hedgeclippers (the manual kind that look like a giant pair of scissors) floated in at about walking pace. My friend and I both turned around to see who was at the door to see the clippers snipping away at empty air for a minute before disappearing and reappearing open around my friend's throat.

It was about this time that I realized I was dreaming, and as lucid dreaming tends to be with me, I woke up before I could start messing with things.

FIDELCASTRO
May 1, 2004, 05:29 PM
i remember one time, i dreamt i was falling out of a plane. i woke up right before i hit the ground. when i woke up, i was face down and the bed was bouncing...

Kent
May 1, 2004, 06:35 PM
On 2004-05-01 10:22, Kizaragu wrote:
I was walking out of my friend's flat and down the stairs in a hurry.
It was dark and the streets were empty.
And instead of taking my normal route home, I opted to go the alternative way.
The next thing I remember was feeling a little light headed and then feeling my body vibrate vigorousely. I remember crying out "Oh no. not again. Anything but this!" and as I fainted I saw some blurry figures standing a few feet in front of me. (Supposedly human before you ask.)
Suddenly I woke up in bed in a cold sweat and my heart beating fast. Obviousely shaken! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
I was a little confused at first, not really sure as to what had just happend. Realising I must've fallen asleep, I looked at the clock and saw that it was only 02:25!?
Next time you're abducted, say hi to the aliens for me.

*cough*

Anyway... As far as dreams go, I always seem to know that I'm dreaming, as I'm pretty much always able to bend dreams to my will. Though... there was one time...

I don't remember the specifics, but I was with a group of people, and we were hostages. One of the people holding us hostage (wearing a stereotypical ski mask) was talking to someone over what appeared to be a cell phone, talking about demands to set the hostages free... And didn't seem too happy. So, he decided to off one of the hostages... And happened to choose me.

I managed to dive away from a few volleys of fire, but I slipped up and didn't have any cover after a short while and got shot four times in the chest. This is when I "woke up." And here's the most disturbing part, I had become mentally concious before my body had woken up. The result: I was lying there, on my bed, my body violently twitching (as if from trauma from the bullets), my mind was awake, I was no longer dreaming, but I had absolutely no control over my body.

You can imagine how my heart was racing from what had happened (I knew things like this happen, but it's horrifying to have it happen to you), my whole body being pretty much paralyzed, and in a state of mental panic... My body eventually started responding again, and now I'm paranoid as f*ck to go to sleep.

Deathscythealpha
May 1, 2004, 07:48 PM
I have alot of really vivid and lucid dreams. Some can be really bad.

I remember early on in the year, just after my Nan died, i had a dream where i hadnt gone to university at all, it was still summer and i had gone to my grandparents house. I went to the ktichen and my nan was there, and i paniced a bit and was really shook up. I told her i thought she had died when i went away to university, and she said no, it was just a dream and then i hugged her. When i woke up back in my dorm room i was really shook up by this. A dream had managed to convince me that my real life was a dream, and the dream was real. Really wierd.

dude3282
May 1, 2004, 08:02 PM
Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?

It's the matrix, dude . . .

Sord
May 2, 2004, 05:30 AM
On 2004-05-01 10:22, Kizaragu wrote:
I'd had a nightmare and a vivid one at that, in the short space of 15 minutes.

!?!?!?!

you must have been pretty damn tired to enter and exit REM sleep that fast. On average, it takes 90 minutes just to have one spontaneous burst of electrical signals that can be interpreted by the brain into a dream (keep in mind though how the brain interprets the signals, as its interpretation can still repeat, despite the diffrance in signals, and it might actually mean something.)

well, i've never had a vivid nightmare or whatever, or rather I have, but I just wasn't afraid. I can do what's called lucid dreaming, realizing that your dreaming while your dreaming. You usually have to train to get it, but for some people it comes naturally. You can actually learn to control your dreams at this point, but I'd rather just hang on for the ride.

anyhow, i can remember two bad ones I had in the same night.

1. i'm on a military jeep and we are heading under this bridge that conects two mountains (it also has a gate below it). On the other side of the gate is a bunch of rioters. Well, suddenly the military and I get off the vehilces, and start pumping lead into the crowd (except for me, I didn't have a weapon.) They fire back and suddenly it's one big slaughter. I just walk through it all till I find a small hill and I watch from there. Peoples' heads are flying, screams fill the air, and all along I'm thinking "What movie have I watched to think this up?" Then the whole thing repeats about four times, and it gets kind of annoying, but it stopped eventually and went to the next one

2. everyone is on a riverside packing because a tornado bigger then the one from "Twister" is coming. I remember I packed 100 sunglasses exactly, without even counting them. Then I laughed at the idiodicy of this dream. So I went closer to the river and sat down on an incline. I watched the water until a grey funnel could be seen in the distance. It quickly came upon us, but some guy that looked like Moses (even in the rags) stood at the top of the incline i was on, Bible in one hand, staff in another. The man thrust his staff forward, and shouted "IN THE NAME OF GOD!" and a tongue of fire lept out of his staff and hit the tornado. But instead of stopping it, the fire became part of the tornado, and it was like someone had unleashed a dizzy mario throwing fireballs. So I started laughing at the whole irony of the situation, and the tornado eventually killed everyone and picked me up, and I just went through all the yellow and orange flames sitting indian style. The end.

LadyRedComet
May 2, 2004, 12:56 PM
I once (well, more than once, obviously) had a really vivid recurring dream:

In the dream, I was walking down this path through a plain that was covered with snow. It was snowing really hard, and I was freezing cold, but I knew that if I stopped and tried to make a fire or get warm or anything something bad was going to happen. So I kept walking, and eventually I could make out these weird pounding sounds.

Turned out that the pounding was the sound of hoofbeats, and I was being chased by two knights on horseback. As soon as I realized what it was, I ran off the path and into the snow, hoping that the falling snow would cover my tracks at least enough for me to get to a place where I could either hide or fight. But of course, a person on foot can't outrun someone on a horse, even through knee-deep snow. But, I had managed to get close enough to this castle, which I could vaguely see in the distance through the snow, that some other knights had ridden out to help me. They didn't get to me in time though, and one of the two knights that was chasing me smashed my spine with his mace, and I blacked out.

When I came to, I was lying in a strange bed and feeling very confused. I got up and went to the door, and came face to face with two men, one wearing blue and one wearing red. They told me that the castle was under seige and that it wasn't safe to be there anymore, so we had to hurry and leave. But then there was a huge boom/crash sound and we all ran to the window-slit, and the enemy warriors had gotten through the gate.

We could hear the doors at the bottom of the tower being thrown open, and the sounds of battle going on below. The two men yelled for me to stay back and started down the stairs, but I followed them anyway. The one in blue drew his sword, which looked like it was made out of ice (and I knew I had given it to him, I just could not remember when), and the one in red stepped back a bit to guard me. The man in blue fought really well and killed a lot of them, but there were too many, and one of the archers stepped away from the fight and aimed a golden arrow at me. He fired, and at the last second, the man in red shouted something and tried to shove me out of the way. The arrow hit him instead of me, and I called fire as he died.

I raised my arms and shouted something, and the entire tower burst into flame, stones and all. I was crying so hard that I wasn't paying attention to anything, I just wanted everything to die because I didn't understand why a total stranger would sacrifice himself to save me. It didn't seem right. When he had dispatched all the enemy warriors, the man in blue came back for me, and practically dragged me out of the tower. Before we could escape though, the thing started to collapse, and we almost got hit by a falling rafter. He tried to block it (or something) with the sword, and it snapped in half. That's when I lost consciousness again.

And then I woke up. Sobbing. In the middle of my basement floor, with my sister and best friend staring at me in shock and wondering what the hell happened to me. I had been awake the first time I had that dream. It is possibly the freakiest thing that ever happened to me.

Solstis
May 2, 2004, 03:02 PM
On 2004-05-02 10:56, LadyRedComet wrote:
I once (well, more than once, obviously) had a really vivid recurring dream:

In the dream, I was walking down this path through a plain that was covered with snow. It was snowing really hard, and I was freezing cold, but I knew that if I stopped and tried to make a fire or get warm or anything something bad was going to happen. So I kept walking, and eventually I could make out these weird pounding sounds.

Turned out that the pounding was the sound of hoofbeats, and I was being chased by two knights on horseback. As soon as I realized what it was, I ran off the path and into the snow, hoping that the falling snow would cover my tracks at least enough for me to get to a place where I could either hide or fight. But of course, a person on foot can't outrun someone on a horse, even through knee-deep snow. But, I had managed to get close enough to this castle, which I could vaguely see in the distance through the snow, that some other knights had ridden out to help me. They didn't get to me in time though, and one of the two knights that was chasing me smashed my spine with his mace, and I blacked out.

When I came to, I was lying in a strange bed and feeling very confused. I got up and went to the door, and came face to face with two men, one wearing blue and one wearing red. They told me that the castle was under seige and that it wasn't safe to be there anymore, so we had to hurry and leave. But then there was a huge boom/crash sound and we all ran to the window-slit, and the enemy warriors had gotten through the gate.

We could hear the doors at the bottom of the tower being thrown open, and the sounds of battle going on below. The two men yelled for me to stay back and started down the stairs, but I followed them anyway. The one in blue drew his sword, which looked like it was made out of ice (and I knew I had given it to him, I just could not remember when), and the one in red stepped back a bit to guard me. The man in blue fought really well and killed a lot of them, but there were too many, and one of the archers stepped away from the fight and aimed a golden arrow at me. He fired, and at the last second, the man in red shouted something and tried to shove me out of the way. The arrow hit him instead of me, and I called fire as he died.

I raised my arms and shouted something, and the entire tower burst into flame, stones and all. I was crying so hard that I wasn't paying attention to anything, I just wanted everything to die because I didn't understand why a total stranger would sacrifice himself to save me. It didn't seem right. When he had dispatched all the enemy warriors, the man in blue came back for me, and practically dragged me out of the tower. Before we could escape though, the thing started to collapse, and we almost got hit by a falling rafter. He tried to block it (or something) with the sword, and it snapped in half. That's when I lost consciousness again.

And then I woke up. Sobbing. In the middle of my basement floor, with my sister and best friend staring at me in shock and wondering what the hell happened to me. I had been awake the first time I had that dream. It is possibly the freakiest thing that ever happened to me.

Sounds like more than a dream O_0!

Scrub
May 2, 2004, 03:20 PM
Just Wednesday or Thursday night, I had a quite freaky dream. In the beginning, it was cool, because I was Raphael from the Ninja Turtles. I live with my grandparents in real life, and my Grampa was Splinter. Some robots came in and killed him. I ran away, and I was scared out of my mind. For some reason, I then directed a movie based around the killing of Splinter, and periodically, would start crying. I then went with that guy with the hockey mask('cept he had an assault rifle)and we killed the robots. Then, a really really fat woman came and killed the hockey guy. So I stabbed her in the head with the thing with three pointy parts on it(Raphael's weapon), and I heard somebody say "Headshot!"(x_x;). Unfortunately, this didn't even harm the fat lady, and she chased me until I hid. I woke up freaked out.

The next dream in kind of weird, in 2 ways. Ever have a 'sequel' to a dream, or have what happens in one dream affect what happens in another one? In the dream(I'll call this dream2), I was in some haunted house with 3 friends. We all had weapons of some kind, I remember I had a shotgun. We all split up, except 2 of them went one way, and the 3rd friend went one way and I went a different way. I remember it was really dark, and there was a corner every 3 steps. I went around killing zombies, until I got bit from behind and died. Then, a few nights later, I had a dream where me and my friend Drew were like, sliding across clothes lines that went from house to house by our feet, chasing some monster or something. Eventually, the monster ran into the SAME HOUSE that was in dream2. Drew said "Are we gonna go after it?" I said "Hell no, I DIED in that house before!"e_e;

Also, concerning dream2, there's another scary thing. The day after I had it, my friend Shane explains a dream he thinks I was in where we were in some haunted house with guns killing stuff. He remembers me and 2 others, and he remembers hearing on a radio that I was dead before he got killed. He described the house very simalary(Horrid spelling) to the one I had been. I told him I had the same dream. Freaky as all hell.

Wyndham
May 2, 2004, 03:52 PM
On 2004-05-01 13:46, _Ted_ wrote:
You ever have that dream where you go into the bathroom and look in the mirror and there's someone behind you and then you flip around to see who it is and they aren't there?

I have had some pretty creepy dreams in the past, but Luckily I can't remeber most of them. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

unluckily, for me its never a dream. >_<

LadyRedComet
May 2, 2004, 06:11 PM
On 2004-05-02 13:20, Scrub wrote:
Ever have a 'sequel' to a dream, or have what happens in one dream affect what happens in another one?

Yes. Several, actually. Most of them concerning the people from my aforementioned freaky dream.

Sharkyland
May 2, 2004, 06:43 PM
I have had some weird dreams. There was this one dream that I kept on getting every year, it was scary.

DarthFomar
May 3, 2004, 01:18 AM
I had a dream like a week after watching the new Theatrical release of "Dawn of the Dead".

God it was horrible. And I wrote it down...seeing as this was the most incredibly realistic dream I've EVER had *I think*.

I dreamed the streets where deserted and there was almost no one in sight. I walk around for about five minutes, I see a nail gun lying on the floor *?*, so I pick it up...then I *hear?* footsteps and turn around to see a man being attacked by a running piece of flesh. This zombie didn't even have any eyes *as I recall*. He was slobbering on the mans neck, and then he killed him with one crushing blow to the face *slam*. So I shot his ass with the nail gun, right in the neck, and he died. Then I get in this deserted Jeep, which has a box of dynamite sticks in the back seat. But I have no matches. So I drive to the interstate, and I get about 30 miles before I notice the gas is low.

I stop at the next exit but, the thing is...everything here is normal. So I HAVE to pay for gas. As I am turning out of the station *RE, anyone* this huge diesel slams into the gas station, but I keep going. I end up detoured from the highway, and find myself in a theme park *wtf*. I lock my self in one of the souvenir shops *after I broke into it*. This place has two beds and a restaurant. And I think to myself. I could live here. I notice a button next to the light switch. I push it. The windows and doors are then covered in sheets of metal. So the worrys of break-ins are trimmed down to almost none. But then I hear more footsteps. There was a woman about 22 or so in the back of the building. She says "make yourself at home".

Three days pass after the usual; take a piss, eat ,sleep, and watch for intruders routine. We hear THEM outside, I open the hatch to the roof *?* and go to the edge of the building...I'm thinking I'm safe. But one of them jumps to the roof. Luckily I had a baseball bat and I beat him off the building with it. I go back down, and see the girl leaning against the wall, and a man on the floor. She starts the moaning and I realize there must have been someone else inside. Before I can grab the bat again or the nail gun she bites me and the dream stops.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2004-05-03 22:57 ]</font>

Squeege
May 3, 2004, 07:20 PM
I've had too many freaky dreams.....lets see, I don't feel like putting any long ones here 'cause I'm lazy. Anyway, ever since I was like two, I'd have this dream all the time where everything was faded, and it would be infront of this old white house with a brick street in front of it. In front of the house was a sillouette of a little girl with a straw hat and a dress, and I would be walking towards her. While this was happening everything would be shaking violently around us and she would run towards me. I would wake up with this feeling of immense pressure ripping my body apart from inside. These dreams continued to become more detailed as I grew older....that was about 13 years of it becoming more wierd and stuff. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif And even more confusing is that the girl in the dream fit the description of a girl who became a friend of ours then turned on us for proving her wrong on too many occasions.

Swan
May 4, 2004, 01:18 PM
Mine are WAY more messed up. there was this one where I was surrounded by ghost like faces (very simmaller to those keeping ol' falz company) and I had this wierd urge to kill everything. then I woke up, and screamed like a wus when my dog ran into my room at me. how embarrisisng.