PDA

View Full Version : Seeing 9 Lillies?

Eihwaz
May 2, 2004, 12:40 AM
Okay, my FOnewearl is already pwning stuff with Summit Moon. The -real- reason I need to get a rare Lily?

Psycho Wand. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I'll need to pipe as many Lilies as possible, sooo...

What quest has a place with 9 Lillies? Isn't it Waterfall Tears? And how long does it take to get to that 9-Lilly room?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-05-08 11:55 ]</font>

Soukosa
May 2, 2004, 01:54 AM
It's in Water Fall Tears and the room's not too far in Cave 2. It doesn't take long to get there since there's not many enemies along the way, if that's what you're wondering.

Dragon_Ash
May 2, 2004, 08:24 AM
Yes, the quest is pretty easy for getting lilies quickly... the rooms about 4-5 minutes into caves 2, just walk into the locked door at the right side of the room to reveal the extra 4 lilies... and there you go... happy piping http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

reminds me... the lilies owe me a psycho wand http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

VysetheLegend
May 2, 2004, 09:32 AM
Mil Lilies payed their debt to me in full.....yay Pyscho Wand! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VysetheLegend on 2004-05-02 07:33 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
May 2, 2004, 09:44 AM
If you want experience coupled with a decent amount of Lillies for piping, there's a six Lily room in Addicting Food in Cave 2 near the end, and several waves of four Lillies. Most of my Ep1 Mils come from random/piped encounters in Addicting Food... Lots of slimes in Cave 2, too, so if you split them on the way to the Lillies and your ID has a decent Pouilly drop, there's a decent chance of that too. Just clear out Cave 1/most of Cave 2 and you've gotten a decent amount of exp.

It's had to see the 6-Lily room all at once, though. Then again, from the screenshots it seems like it could be a hassle to see your Mil through all the Obs in the 9-Lily room. XP

And good work answering your own question! ^_-

Dragon_Ash
May 2, 2004, 09:52 AM
it's not much of a hassle to see all 9 ob's if you stand to the oppostie side of the locked door you use to make the lilies appear... though i piped away from one mil before i knew that X_x;

oh, and for the total time it takes to get from caves 1 to the lily room in caves 2, 25- minutes with my ramarl level 89, probably would take less for a Fo though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragon_Ash on 2004-05-02 08:07 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
May 2, 2004, 10:12 AM
And then a stray Megid comes, busts right through your 100 EDK, and kills you. XD Probably why I never bother unlocking Waterfall Tears and just use Addicting Food for all my Caves piping needs. x.x

Dragon_Ash
May 2, 2004, 10:20 AM
i didn't think they could break though 100 EDK.. my ramarl has 98 when piping lilies... though it could be 110 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Soukosa
May 2, 2004, 01:27 PM
Mil Lily Megid is too low to kill you if you have 100 or more EDK.

doubletake123
May 2, 2004, 02:01 PM
how do you get edk besides resist dark and such. I have armors that say it give 20+ edk but then i look at my stats and there is no edk.

oh the nine lillies doesn't take very long at all.

Ketchup345
May 2, 2004, 02:36 PM
On 2004-05-02 12:01, doubletake123 wrote:
how do you get edk besides resist dark and such. I have armors that say it give 20+ edk but then i look at my stats and there is no edk.

oh the nine lillies doesn't take very long at all.

You use 4x Resist/Devil, armor with at least 5 EDK, and a Delsabers Shield, and you have an easy 103 EDK.

Or take away one Resist/Devil for a Cure/Paralyis (for non-droids) and you still have a nice 88 EDK.

Dragon_Ash
May 2, 2004, 03:15 PM
a good way to get EDK without boosters is to use a brightness circle, or smoking plate if your a fonewm, they both give 25 EDK, shiled of delsaber for hunters of rangers and light relief for forces for anohter 25.

even then you'd still need 3-4 resist/devil's for that extra 40-50 EDK needed so that your not killed

Soukosa
May 2, 2004, 03:38 PM
On 2004-05-02 12:36, Ketchup345 wrote:
You use 4x Resist/Devil, armor with at least 5 EDK, and a Delsabers Shield, and you have an easy 103 EDK.

Or take away one Resist/Devil for a Cure/Paralyis (for non-droids) and you still have a nice 88 EDK.

You need an armor with at least 15 EDK. Resist/Devil (15) x 4 + Shield of Delsaber (25) = 85 EDK. For the paralysis, you can use a Sacred Cloth which has 15 EDK and prevents paralysis. That's what I've doing while piping for Purplenum Mils.

Ketchup345
May 2, 2004, 03:44 PM
On 2004-05-02 13:38, Sounomi wrote:
You need an armor with at least 15 EDK. Resist/Devil (15) x 4 + Shield of Delsaber (25) = 85 EDK. For the paralysis, you can use a Sacred Cloth which has 15 EDK and prevents paralysis. That's what I've doing while piping for Purplenum Mils.

Whoops. Sorry, didn't get to sleep till 6 A.M.

So yes, 15 EDK armor, possibly a Sacred Cloth if your level is above 144. The level requirement is kind of outrageous, since it is too high for many people, since by then you probably already piped whatever it was you wanted/needed before you reached that point.

Soukosa
May 2, 2004, 03:45 PM
On 2004-05-02 13:44, Ketchup345 wrote:The level requirement is kind of outrageous, since it is too high for many people, since by then you probably already piped whatever it was you wanted/needed before you reached that point.

Well, unless you're going to be piping alot, getting paralyzed isn't going to be too big of a deal.

Dragon_Ash
May 2, 2004, 03:46 PM
the level requirement is a lil steep for the scared cloth.. that and the sense plate...

But the at least the sacred cloth save you from ever needing a cure/paralysis http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Ketchup345
May 2, 2004, 03:55 PM
On 2004-05-02 13:45, Sounomi wrote:

On 2004-05-02 13:44, Ketchup345 wrote:The level requirement is kind of outrageous, since it is too high for many people, since by then you probably already piped whatever it was you wanted/needed before you reached that point.

Well, unless you're going to be piping alot, getting paralyzed isn't going to be too big of a deal.

If you pipe, you are bound to get paralyzed.

It just helps get rid of the need to use either a 60 or 300 Meseta item.

Also, 85 EDK is enough to evaid almost all of the Megid.

The EDK and the optional Cure/Paralysis/Sacred Cloth are personal opinion.

Soukosa
May 2, 2004, 04:24 PM
On 2004-05-02 13:55, Ketchup345 wrote:
If you pipe, you are bound to get paralyzed.

I've piped up tons of Mils, so I know how often those things are likely to paralyze you. I have never been paralyzed until after I started shooting at them and when they do try to paralyze, they don't do it that much, unless you stir a whole bunch of them. Besides, wouldn't you have some Antiparalysis on you if you are a non-droid?

Nai_Calus
May 2, 2004, 08:40 PM
Some people have a bizzare allergy to items, Sou. *coughkefcough* XD

Me, I carry 10 Antiparalysis and 10 Sol Atomizers at all times, whether I'm likely to need them in the area or not. Don't have a Cure/Para, don't want one, have a Sacred Cloth, even Zero isn't a high enough level yet and I'd rather not rape his DFP/EVP more than I already do with the Resta Merge.

And yeah, they Lillies aren't going to be Paralyzing you, or even trying, until you start killing your way to the Mil. O_o;

And Scape Dolls are your friends...

Soukosa
May 2, 2004, 08:56 PM
On 2004-05-02 18:40, Ian-KunX wrote:
Some people have a bizzare allergy to items, Sou. *coughkefcough* XD

*slaps self* Ah yeah. Thanks for reminding me XP

Me, I carry 10 Antiparalysis and 10 Sol Atomizers at all times, whether I'm likely to need them in the area or not.

Ditto, I'm the same way.

Deus-Irae
May 3, 2004, 04:02 AM
Cure/para and a scape doll for me.

simple and effective. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zelgadis
May 3, 2004, 01:24 PM
I hate Millies. They owe me an Agito and a Sange. But I've only seen 3. 2 Yellow 1 Whitill. Both times I blitzed them with my RA only to catch megid in the back of my head as it dies. My whitill just laughed then cried.

Ryu_4
May 3, 2004, 06:03 PM
yea i got mad at them so i decided to hunt them down for a few hours one day...i ended up with 7 demolition comets lol

doubletake123
May 3, 2004, 06:31 PM
On 2004-05-02 13:38, Sounomi wrote:

On 2004-05-02 12:36, Ketchup345 wrote:

thanx sounomi but that still doesn't answer the question of how my luminouse err maybe its my tripolic says it give edk but when i look at my stats i have nothing.

Eihwaz
May 7, 2004, 09:14 PM
Er, sorry for this slight bump, but I'm a tad confused.

I got to that room in Waterfall Tears that had 5 Lilies. I kill them ALL...and there are 4 more Lilies. For a total of 9.

Obviously, I can't pipe them all at once...any more pointers? -__-;

DezoPenguin
May 8, 2004, 07:26 AM
On 2004-05-07 19:14, Eihwaz wrote:

I got to that room in Waterfall Tears that had 5 Lilies. I kill them ALL...

There's your problem. ^_^ Don't kill the original five lilies! Instead, run to the locked door on the right-hand side of the room. This triggers the other four to appear. Presto! Nine lilies!

(By the way, you may want to address the ring of traps before piping stuff. There's nothing more embarassing than getting killed by a trap. Especially if it causes ypu to beam back to P2 and lose the rare lily you spent an hour making appear. Come to think of it...just bring several Scape Dolls to the party, just in case.)

If you then go to the alcove directly opposite (where the door would be in the west wall, which is the only side of the room that doesn't have a door), you can get a good vantage point to see all nine lilies at a glance.

Dragon_Ash
May 8, 2004, 11:01 AM
and make sure you blow teh huge trap in the middle of the room too... the thing got me when i saw my first mil... though i had scapes XP

Eihwaz
May 8, 2004, 01:50 PM
On 2004-05-08 05:26, DezoPenguin wrote:

On 2004-05-07 19:14, Eihwaz wrote:

I got to that room in Waterfall Tears that had 5 Lilies. I kill them ALL...

There's your problem. ^_^ Don't kill the original five lilies! Instead, run to the locked door on the right-hand side of the room. This triggers the other four to appear. Presto! Nine lilies!

(By the way, you may want to address the ring of traps before piping stuff. There's nothing more embarassing than getting killed by a trap. Especially if it causes ypu to beam back to P2 and lose the rare lily you spent an hour making appear. Come to think of it...just bring several Scape Dolls to the party, just in case.)

If you then go to the alcove directly opposite (where the door would be in the west wall, which is the only side of the room that doesn't have a door), you can get a good vantage point to see all nine lilies at a glance.

Wow, thanks Dezo! ^__^

Now, getting my Psycho Wand will be considerably easier...but one thing.

Up till now, I've been piping the 5 Lilies from behind that door, so I can clearly see them, and be safe from any/all Megid.

Won't standing in this little alcove make me a lot more vulnerable to Megid?

Dragon_Ash
May 8, 2004, 02:17 PM
yes, it will, all nine lilies will be bombarding you with megid... so it's best to have some EDK handy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif