PDA

View Full Version : I can swear, that this ship didnt exist back on DC

Balbarei
May 2, 2004, 07:37 AM
I can swear, that this ship didnt exist back on DC...
cuz i played over 4500hours so !!

Anyone got any idea?
like Cabernet hmm...never heard of it!

http://dcmedia.ign.com/media/previews/image/psous/bg43.jpg

Aunt_Betty
May 2, 2004, 09:25 AM
Is this a 3rd party server? It says USA not US. I could be wrong.

Rain_1
May 2, 2004, 10:02 AM
It's a IGN pic.. now that's weird....

It's from the old days? None of the "official" 3rd party servers have that name.. maybe it's some user created one... since you can name them anythign you want...but still.. dc users can't join a user-created server, the server released to the public doesn't have tha compatibility... so i dunno...

And yes, that ship wasn't on DC official servers...

primer567
May 2, 2004, 11:20 AM
ST probably let IGN on a beta server and that is what it was named I suppose.

SonicBlue22
May 2, 2004, 11:20 AM
Look at the characters name....It has IGN. Most of those popular videogame sites got the Phantasy Star Online Beta. It was before V1 was released and only a select few had them. The rest obtained it like the EP3 trial. That ship was most likly a server for the beta.
It cannot be a private DC Ship because the only ones existing are:
Madiline (run by Barburay, private cross platform with GC in Lobby only)
The Schthack Fleet (consist of 4-5 ships made by Schthack...open to public...cross platform with PSO PC V2)

Jack
May 2, 2004, 11:50 AM
Notice that the USA tag is at the end of the ship name, not the beginning.

primer567
May 2, 2004, 12:47 PM
The Schthack Fleet (consist of 4-5 ships made by Schthack...open to public...cross platform with PSO PC V2)
It does change but mostly its:
CA/Schthack
CHN/9nd.com
RBN/Legit
US/KOTRT
RBN/Ino'lis

Balbarei
May 2, 2004, 01:34 PM
Jack: it must be the trial disc for pso v1

Rain_1
May 2, 2004, 02:29 PM
It cannot be a private DC Ship because the only ones existing are:
Madiline (run by Barburay, private cross platform with GC in Lobby only)

Remember that schthack released a very early build of it's server (no quests or cross plataform) to users.. so anybody could create a PC server (for lan or internet play).

Armok
May 2, 2004, 02:33 PM
I don't remember that ship either and I played online every night for like 2 years on DC.

Balbarei
May 2, 2004, 03:53 PM
THIS IS NOT A PRIVATE SERVER....this is a picutre taken from a dude on IGN..back in 2001..and then the PC VERSION was not even out..so dont say any other thing...

Armok: yeah i know!

Dragon_Ash
May 2, 2004, 04:11 PM
well... i couldn't say i remember playing on any US servers, but it might be a server that was removed or gotten rid of.... that's all i can say http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Rain_1
May 2, 2004, 04:34 PM
On 2004-05-02 13:53, Balbarei wrote:
THIS IS NOT A PRIVATE SERVER....this is a picutre taken from a dude on IGN..back in 2001..and then the PC VERSION was not even out..so dont say any other thing...

Armok: yeah i know!

I never said it was a private server, i was just correcting you when you said the only 3rd party servers are the barubary one and the schthack official ones.... pretty much anybody can host a pso pc server....

and that's prolly a beta ship for v1

Silly_Putty
May 2, 2004, 08:30 PM
http://dreamcast.ign.com/articles/133/133022p1.html?fromint=1
Look under day 1. Cabernet was just the server available to the US preview.