PDA

View Full Version : Rares arent that rare!

Zandol
May 2, 2004, 09:30 AM
Ok, ive been searchin for decent drops for ages now, and no result!! now get this, start up forest of sorrow on hard (yes, im crap) nd find two hildeblues in the space of two minutes, and an al rappy to match. so in total, two photon claws and a last survivor. to top it off, a rappy dropped a wing.

great!!

Cc08
May 2, 2004, 11:09 AM
You got very lucky with all those rare enemies. Yes, some rares aren't very hard to find. Go search a Psycho Wand or some rare that is actually hard to find, and you will never say what the name of your topic says.

Jason
May 2, 2004, 11:25 AM
On 2004-05-02 09:09, Cc08 wrote:
You got very lucky with all those rare enemies. Yes, some rares aren't very hard to find. Go search a Psycho Wand or some rare that is actually hard to find, and you will never say what the name of your topic says.

Amen.

JGaff
May 2, 2004, 12:54 PM
Go and try to find a Chainsawd or a Flame Visit, which are fairly uncommon. You'll be begging for that drop rate when you hunt the actual "Rare" rares.

Next time, try playing on a harder difficulty before making a judgement. Obviously the rares suck on hard (Save for a few). Get over it...

SpyroDi
May 2, 2004, 12:57 PM
The only thing that's rare in those findings are the rare enemies. Getting just one rare enemy in a normal run means you're pretty lucky.

Zelgadis
May 3, 2004, 01:40 PM
Enemy parts are ok for low level chars. But beyond that you'll want something better. I just give the enemy parts I find away. Cept for the dragon claw...I haven't used it and I'm not fond of claws. I keep it just to spite on of my friends....who found the agito the other day....grrr....

Ryu_4
May 4, 2004, 05:10 PM
On 2004-05-02 09:25, Jason wrote:

Amen.

Ditto

ShinAsura666
May 5, 2004, 01:35 AM
how about you go and find a sealed j sword.youll never say its an easy find and if you do well beat you with pointy sticks

Zandol
May 24, 2004, 12:33 PM
..... and so the pro's prove me wrong again.

damn why are you so smart *runs into wall*

Sitka
May 24, 2004, 12:42 PM
I get really pissed when I start a new character, run forest or caves and there it is: the damn blue rappy or the blue bear or the red lily. I kill it, take the stupid mate, armour, shield or other crap it leaves for me and YELL: "Where were you in ULTIMATE!!!" I see rare enemies in lower levels all the time and I have picked up a crate load of enemy parts and crappy so-called rare weapons. It's the elusive rare that's the heart-stopper. You're playing with mates, you run into a room and someone yells out "Pal Rappy" or "Red Slime" or "Mil" or "Hildetor." Everyone waits with baited breath for the kill and the red box pops out. 4 hunters start smashing "A" buttons like mad (I've destroyed 2 controllers!!!) and then someone says "Photon Drop - who wants it?" An all too sad and familiar story in the life of a PSO addict.

Vielka
May 24, 2004, 01:28 PM
On 2004-05-24 10:42, Sitka wrote:
I get really pissed when I start a new character, run forest or caves and there it is: the damn blue rappy or the blue bear or the red lily. I kill it, take the stupid mate, armour, shield or other crap it leaves for me and YELL: "Where were you in ULTIMATE!!!" I see rare enemies in lower levels all the time and I have picked up a crate load of enemy parts and crappy so-called rare weapons. It's the elusive rare that's the heart-stopper. You're playing with mates, you run into a room and someone yells out "Pal Rappy" or "Red Slime" or "Mil" or "Hildetor." Everyone waits with baited breath for the kill and the red box pops out. 4 hunters start smashing "A" buttons like mad (I've destroyed 2 controllers!!!) and then someone says "Photon Drop - who wants it?" An all too sad and familiar story in the life of a PSO addict.

ROFL, soo true...

Ketchup345
May 24, 2004, 01:29 PM
Please don't bump things over 2 weeks old.

Zandol
Mar 3, 2005, 04:36 PM
i retract my previous statment.

i am now getting 'good'.

where the hell are the mil lillies???!?!?!?!

sorry if i offended anyone hehe

Ishrafeli
Mar 3, 2005, 05:31 PM
your right, I think that some of the rare items really arent that rare. I mean, I dont even have hard mode yet and yet ive still found a crush bullet, diska of liberator, 5 photon drops, and 2 addslots - Normal Mode

Mixfortune
Mar 3, 2005, 06:48 PM
On 2005-03-03 14:31, Ishrafeli wrote:
your right, I think that some of the rare items really arent that rare. I mean, I dont even have hard mode yet and yet ive still found a crush bullet, diska of liberator, 5 photon drops, and 2 addslots - Normal Mode

Well, there's a different between a rare item (as in, an item that's rare), and a Special Weapon or red box.

Of course there's "rare" items that aren't rare, but that doesn't necessarily mean there's no such thing as a rare item.

It's like how some Diablo II weapons are considered a "rare", when really they aren't that rare at all... doesn't mean anything.

And that second big bump was fairly ironic, given Ketchup's post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-03-03 15:49 ]</font>

Mechashadow
Mar 3, 2005, 07:14 PM
On 2004-05-04 15:10, Ryu_4 wrote:

On 2004-05-02 09:25, Jason wrote:

Amen.

Ditto

Damn Straight

Quo
Mar 3, 2005, 07:22 PM
This is a bumped thread. Stop posting. Hopefully a mod will see it and lock it.

aclors
Mar 4, 2005, 07:20 AM
Yeah, well get this.
In Normal Forest, on my third run from the start of the game with my Pinkal FOnewm, I found 2 Photon Drops!
What are the chances of that!

Dhylec
Mar 4, 2005, 09:02 AM
did any of the newcomers notice that this thread is OLD?
please, DO NOT bump old topics!!