PDA

View Full Version : Ok, Mr.OnlyCowardsUseGuns

Uncle_bob
May 2, 2004, 04:20 PM
Occasionally Uncle will read or hear about someone saying something along the lines of "Only cowards use guns!". How fucking stupid can you get? Now, if in war time and whatnot you manage to gut Mr.Enemy with your knife without getting killed yourself, good for you.

But honestly, what makes someone a COWARD for using a RANGED WEAPON? Times have changed, guns are the most efficient weapons there are now. Sure, swords look pretty and whatnot, but guns still dominate them when it comes to war.

Anyhow, if you still stand with the " only cowards use guns" idea, fuck you. Uncle's relatives, THOUSANDS, MILLIONS of people's relatives fought in wars using guns and Uncle can bet you that a lot of those men (and women) WERE NOT COWARDS.
So, Mr.SwordMasterGojetaDBZIyuasha69, go fight in a real war using just a sword or a knife against the enemy that is using full automatic weapons and see what happens.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2004-05-02 14:20 ]</font>

Ness
May 2, 2004, 04:56 PM
I've heard people say stuff like that before. They usually throw stuff like that around when they are losing.

Sef
May 2, 2004, 04:59 PM
I agree with Uncle. I've seen way too many people say that. It gets old.

Guns are the way the world seems to be going. If you look back to the time when fighting was just with fists and feet, would using a rock make you a coward if it helped you win?

There's still skill involved. Get over it.

Uncle_bob
May 2, 2004, 05:00 PM
Let's just hope that 20 years from now, our future soldiers won't be saying "OMG U USE HAX" when they get shot by the enemy because they were stupid enough to try to pull a Rambo or try to be a Ninja. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Outrider
May 2, 2004, 05:10 PM
You've gotta be either brave or crazy to go into war anyway, so I wouldn't consider anyone who's already fighting a coward.

Sef
May 2, 2004, 05:47 PM
There are those people that get suckered into it.

Dangerous55
May 2, 2004, 06:11 PM
I agree Bobby.

I also like the thought of me with a rifle could take down 10 ninjas who trained their whole life. Awesome.

The Last Samuari annoyed me when the Samurai even almost won the battle, they would be slaughtered.

Sharkyland
May 2, 2004, 06:49 PM
On 2004-05-02 16:11, Dangerous55 wrote:
The Last Samuari annoyed me when the Samurai even almost won the battle, they would be slaughtered.

The guns used were close to what they used in the past. Those guns weren't accurate. It is lucky if you can shoot someone from 15m away.

Outrider
May 2, 2004, 07:17 PM
On 2004-05-02 15:47, Sef wrote:
There are those people that get suckered into it.

Very true.

Subliminalgroove
May 2, 2004, 07:20 PM
bah, weapons are for wusses! I use my fists and feet. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif tee hee

DurakkenX
May 2, 2004, 07:22 PM
personally i feel guns are cowardly and totally takes one out of the fact that they are killing someone, but i'm not gonna be stupid and go to war with a katana when i can simply end the war with a nice sniper round

Subliminalgroove
May 2, 2004, 07:23 PM
On 2004-05-02 17:22, DurakkenX wrote:
personally i feel guns are cowardly and totally takes one out of the fact that they are killing someone

You make it sound as if its some kind of delicate vintage wine . . .

KodiaX987
May 2, 2004, 07:59 PM
Next thing we'll be doing, the victim will grab the bullet with his mouth, shake it a little, spit it out, nod his head to his enemy as a signal that it's a good year and thus to fire the rest of the magazine.

Uncle_bob
May 2, 2004, 08:25 PM
On 2004-05-02 17:22, DurakkenX wrote:
personally i feel guns are cowardly and totally takes one out of the fact that they are killing someone, but i'm not gonna be stupid and go to war with a katana when i can simply end the war with a nice sniper round

Ok, go join any branch of the military, preferably the MARINES and tell them you think guns are cowardly.

And you think that ONE sniper bullet will end a war? Hah.

KodiaX987
May 2, 2004, 08:41 PM
On 2004-05-02 18:25, Uncle_bob wrote:

And you think that ONE sniper bullet will end a war? Hah.

No... But it sure helps!

Dangerous55
May 2, 2004, 09:12 PM
On 2004-05-02 16:49, Sharkyland wrote:

The guns used were close to what they used in the past. Those guns weren't accurate. It is lucky if you can shoot someone from 15m away.

Not at all, they had single shot bolt or breech rifles, which could be very accurate.

Siris
May 2, 2004, 10:14 PM
On 2004-05-02 14:20, Uncle_bob wrote:
Occasionally Uncle will read or hear about someone saying something along the lines of "Only cowards use guns!". How fucking stupid can you get? Now, if in war time and whatnot you manage to gut Mr.Enemy with your knife without getting killed yourself, good for you.

But honestly, what makes someone a COWARD for using a RANGED WEAPON? Times have changed, guns are the most efficient weapons there are now. Sure, swords look pretty and whatnot, but guns still dominate them when it comes to war.

Anyhow, if you still stand with the " only cowards use guns" idea, fuck you. Uncle's relatives, THOUSANDS, MILLIONS of people's relatives fought in wars using guns and Uncle can bet you that a lot of those men (and women) WERE NOT COWARDS.
So, Mr.SwordMasterGojetaDBZIyuasha69, go fight in a real war using just a sword or a knife against the enemy that is using full automatic weapons and see what happens.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2004-05-02 14:20 ]</font>

I'm pretty sure it comes down to the fact that it takes a tiny flick of a finger to kill someone with a gun rather than the effort it would take to kill/mame/harm someone without one. It's also a terminology expressing the disgust over people who choose to "solve: their "problems" the easy way. Hence the phrase. I've never heard of it used to describe any kind of war situation though. Whoever did is a complete moron.

Blitzkommando
May 2, 2004, 10:41 PM
In war you use the most effective weapon for destroying the enemy with as little risk to yourself as possible. In this case, guns. It used to be that bows and arrows would do the same thing, yet were longbowmen called cowards? No, they were heroes. And believe me, haaving an uncle who served in spec ops, guns are anything but cowardly in warfare. He has told me stories that, well, give me an insight into the world that most people don't have, and guns were key in it. People thought submarines were cowardly, people thought ballistic missiles were cowardly, and people think guns are cowardly. You put yourself in the shoes of those people pushing the button or pulling the trigger. They have to either do that, or die. They have to consider what they are doing. War is never easy, and warwearyness is higher in countries that are more free. It wasn't that way but... politics has changed which has caused peoples' attitudes to change as well.

Robo47
May 2, 2004, 10:55 PM
"Fucking coward brought a gun to a knife fight"

Is what I heard some kids saying when I was on my way to work Friday. I fail to see how having the upper hand in battle makes you a coward.

Sure kiddies, melt your guns for lunchboxes and bicycles, maybe more swords, but when it comes down to real war, I'd call you lucky if you lasted half a minute.

DurakkenX
May 2, 2004, 11:26 PM
for me it's more about honor and the psychological impact of the matter. pulling a trigger from hundreds of miles away is a hell of a lot different than taking a knife and shoving it the through a persons heart. You're confusing cowardice and stupidity.

A man brings a gun to a fight because he can't fight, yet still openly accepted the challenge.

A man brings a gun to war because if he didn't he'd be shot dead by another before he could reach the person.

preperation is learning to use a knife that he was challenged to use at first. a pull of a trigger kills. a flick of a knife is not damaging unless put in the hands of someone skilled

There is no skill in aiming and killing someone with a gun nor do you even have to look in the eye or feel a persons body die by your hands.

As for killing being like a fine wine...well it is when you actually fight with honor. There is great art to killing that most people can't see because they are too dumb to understand.

As for your personal ignorance of saying my familly has been in military and whoever says anything countering my opinion just is a tard is in fact null value because i'm sure all of our famillies have at one time been in an army of some sort and me personally i live with a marine and someone who was in the army. THe only reason i don't join the military is it's pure stupidity and of logic along with i'm not one for rules

DarthFomar
May 3, 2004, 12:16 AM
...If person A was fighting person B *and they were both using swords* and person A starts to lose so he pulls out a gun, then you can initiate the "Only cowards use guns" phrase. B'cuz it is honorable to be defeated in a duel, but to be defeated by a gun *in a duel* takes the honor out of the duel. So I can understand that saying in this type of situation.

But if someone said *Only cowards use guns* in any other situation I would say "wtf are you talking about...wimp". http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

My 5xGreat Grandfather *BlackHeart, or something* was an Indian War Chief, and even he used guns in battle. I like guns, but I also like swords. And to tell you the truth I would rather die by the sword. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

But it is not cowardly to use a gun. But if I had to combat someone with some kind of projectile weapon...it wouldn't be guns, it would be old fashioned bows & arrows. That way it wouldn't be all point and shooty. It would take GREAT skill to defeat your opponent. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2004-05-02 23:24 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
May 3, 2004, 12:55 AM
On 2004-05-02 14:20, Uncle_bob wrote:

I have a little story to tell on this subject, that should re-enforce your point rather thoroughly.

My best friend's pop owns a Shotokan dojo. This man is a 6th degree blackbelt. This man's hands and feet are legally registered weapons. If you pick a fight with this man, he is capable of kicking your ass before you realize that your ass has been kicked. He will do things to you that will inspire people to take pictures and write "OWNED" on them.

Well, one day back when my buddy was like, 10 or 11 years old maybe, he was riding home with his parents. It was a 2 hour drive or so, and some guy followed them the whole way. As you can imagine, they were pretty creeped out. Even moreso, were they creeped out, when the guy followed them into their driveway.

Well, when they got out of the car, they all immediately went inside. My buddy's father, the owner of the dojo, came back out, armed-- with a gun.

He promptly took that gun, put it in the man's face, and told him to leave-- as such, the man did indeed leave, with no further questions asked.

The moral of the story?

There's no arguing with a bullet.

Outrider
May 3, 2004, 01:44 AM
Ok, some people have seriously been watching far too many movies.

If somebody is going to try and kill you, you are going to defend yourself. Don't give me this crap that using a gun is dishonorable or whatever. You're not a friggin' samurai.

I don't care how much your unique teenage thought processes make you feel that you are a master of weapons; If you are fighting for your life with somebody while using a sword and they kill you with a gun, that's because they were smarter and better prepared than you were. We don't live in some dramatic anime-esque world of honor.

DarthFomar
May 3, 2004, 01:49 AM
On 2004-05-02 23:44, Outrider wrote:
Ok, some people have seriously been watching far too many movies.

If somebody is going to try and kill you, you are going to defend yourself. Don't give me this crap that using a gun is dishonorable or whatever. You're not a friggin' samurai.

I don't care how much your unique teenage thought processes make you feel that you are a master of weapons; If you are fighting for your life with somebody while using a sword and they kill you with a gun, that's because they were smarter and better prepared than you were. We don't live in some dramatic anime-esque world of honor.

It's a metaphor...take a hint and deal with it.

Kinda like in war *the old ones*, when you fight with swords then someone pulls out the revolver while they are defeated and obviously going to die, so they dishonor themselves and their victor by killing him with the pistol. Are you the backstabing type, do you have no honor? Please tell me I'm mistaken. And wtf, where did you get anime from all this. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2004-05-03 00:20 ]</font>

Arislan
May 3, 2004, 04:56 AM
On quite a few occasions Ness wrote in Cheaters

Cheating is a tactical advance

I love swords as much as anyone else. Before I die I want to learn smithing and make my own chain, swords, and the like. The whole process seems extremely intriguing. That being said, I've got absolutely no problems with someone killing another with a gun.

That whole argument about killing someone from 100 yards away not being hard to do compared to knifing someone? Bullshit. It has nothing to do with "being in the thick of it" or "feeling someone's life bleed away in your arms". If your intention is to kill the person in front of you, and you've committed to it, it makes zero difference how it's done. You're *going* to do it.

Now, if the two people agree to a knife fight and one guy shoots the other, I'm all for a first class lynch mob forming. The man agreed to one form of duel, and broke trust with the other. This isn't allowed in any other form of life (no breaking legal contracts) and this really shouldn't be any different. It's a moot point in this argument, I think all of us agree that the guy should not have agreed to the knife fight if he was just going to gun the person down.

War is also another relatively undiscussable point. War uses whatever tactical advances it has come to. Once we get our military grade power armor developed (several private contractors are working on man sized self powered armor) and we can send a single man into combat as well equipped as a tank, we will. And we'll be no less cowardly for it.

The part where most of these people get hung up is that the swordsman feels he has more "honor" facing another man in combat. So when some guy with a gun comes along and shoots him, the gunman must be a coward. Wake up people, it's not the 1600s anymore, guns are what we use to fight. The swordsman mentality still lives on though, it's just moved to running gun battles instead. No less honor when both people are trying to shoot each other.

Ness
May 3, 2004, 06:00 AM
Most of this so called "honor" comes from watching anime. So many kids think that they are samurais and that they can beat anyone with a sword. I'm sorry, but if someone busts into my house, I'm shooting them. I don't care thewy are have a knife, sowrd, gun, or not weapons at all. The only thing that matters is that they were trying to kill me and I was defending myself.

I think it's pretty stupid that someone would call using a gun cowardly. In the same light, I could call using a sword cowardly because it gives one an advantage over those that just used their hands. Back to the whole honor thing, there is no honor killing. It doesn't matter what you use or how you do it, you should not be proud of your kill count.

KodiaX987
May 3, 2004, 07:18 AM
Why make ten thousand paragraphs about it? You just use whichever most powerful weapon is at hand unless you've arranged a specific set of rules with your opponent. Can you get any simpler than that!?

Siris
May 3, 2004, 09:27 AM
[/quote]

I have a little story to tell on this subject, that should re-enforce your point rather thoroughly.

My best friend's pop owns a Shotokan dojo. This man is a 6th degree blackbelt. This man's hands and feet are legally registered weapons. If you pick a fight with this man, he is capable of kicking your ass before you realize that your ass has been kicked. He will do things to you that will inspire people to take pictures and write "OWNED" on them.

Well, one day back when my buddy was like, 10 or 11 years old maybe, he was riding home with his parents. It was a 2 hour drive or so, and some guy followed them the whole way. As you can imagine, they were pretty creeped out. Even moreso, were they creeped out, when the guy followed them into their driveway.

Well, when they got out of the car, they all immediately went inside. My buddy's father, the owner of the dojo, came back out, armed-- with a gun.

He promptly took that gun, put it in the man's face, and told him to leave-- as such, the man did indeed leave, with no further questions asked.

The moral of the story?

There's no arguing with a bullet.

[/quote]

Wow, what if "the man" was just the poor paperboy or someone lost though?

Outrider
May 3, 2004, 09:34 AM
On 2004-05-03 07:27, Siris wrote:

You don't actually believe that was the case, do you?

Deathscythealpha
May 3, 2004, 12:46 PM
As many people have already pointed out, i think the how 'Guns are cowardly' thing has come from the fact that you can use a gun from far away and never have to even come in contact with whoever you are killing. But then again, a gun can also be used at close range and putting a gun to someones head seems like coming in contact with them to me.

So the solution is...nothing. People will have their beliefs that using a gun is cowardly. Some people will stick to the fact that its a sensible tactical advantage, but not something to break a word of trust over. Some people will remember how damn funky a film character looked when they were swishing a katana about, and decide that it is the hiehgt of honour.

Me? I rather not die by being stabbed or shot.

Squall179
May 3, 2004, 01:06 PM
I think that giving the current state of warfare tactics these days, guns are not cowardly when used in war. Thats just how humanity fights a war these days. Those that do go to war tend to have an idea that they could die and probalby will die, but they go anyway, these are NOT cowards but very brave people who are willing to fight and possibly die.

In another situation, say a street fight, guns are a cowards way to fight. The situation is very different than war. You don't have massive armies martching down the road at eachother, you have maybe ten or so people, usually some kind of thugs or gang members (No offence meant) fighting. Guns have a chance of hurting other people, bystanders for example. The situation is different. Unless you were to point out the urban combat situations that have been going on in the middle east and other places (Northern Ireland, for example) Thats different. Thats war, Street fights sanctioned by Gangs and Thugs are not War. War is sanctioned by entire governments who have a hatred for the other government or organisation that they are sending their forces after.

DarthFomar
May 3, 2004, 02:15 PM
On 2004-05-03 04:00, Ness wrote:
Most of this so called "honor" comes from watching anime. So many kids think that they are samurais and that they can beat anyone with a sword. I'm sorry, but if someone busts into my house, I'm shooting them. I don't care thewy are have a knife, sowrd, gun, or not weapons at all. The only thing that matters is that they were trying to kill me and I was defending myself.

I think it's pretty stupid that someone would call using a gun cowardly. In the same light, I could call using a sword cowardly because it gives one an advantage over those that just used their hands. Back to the whole honor thing, there is no honor killing. It doesn't matter what you use or how you do it, you should not be proud of your kill count.

Ok!!! Why are you associating anime with honor...and y is that the only place you think it exists. Do you not have dignity, honor, and so forth. If someone picked on one of your friends, would you defend him *which is honorable*. Anime did not invent *HONOR*...sorry but it has been around since before Christ was born. And is still exists today!!!

KodiaX987
May 3, 2004, 03:00 PM
Anime didn't invent honor, but it sure introduced kids to it... in a bad way. :/

Dangerous55
May 3, 2004, 03:14 PM
On 2004-05-02 21:26, DurakkenX wrote:
for me it's more about honor and the psychological impact of the matter. pulling a trigger from hundreds of miles away is a hell of a lot different than taking a knife and shoving it the through a persons heart. You're confusing cowardice and stupidity.

You think you can kill someone with a gun from hundreds of miles away?

A man brings a gun to a fight because he can't fight, yet still openly accepted the challenge.

A man brings a gun to war because if he didn't he'd be shot dead by another before he could reach the person.

So anyone who used a gun in a fight is a weakling little pussy? I say the man who used a gun, and used it sensibly, is smart.

preperation is learning to use a knife that he was challenged to use at first. a pull of a trigger kills. a flick of a knife is not damaging unless put in the hands of someone skilled

How many knife fights nowadays have any knife skill involved? Most likely just two idiots hacking at each other. My 6 year old cousin can kill you with a knife if she gets a lucky hit, doesnt mean she is skilled.

There is no skill in aiming and killing someone with a gun nor do you even have to look in the eye or feel a persons body die by your hands.

There is no auto-aim in real life, you know?

As for killing being like a fine wine...well it is when you actually fight with honor. There is great art to killing that most people can't see because they are too dumb to understand.

Stop watching anime. You never killed anyone so shut the hell up.

As for your personal ignorance of saying my familly has been in military and whoever says anything countering my opinion just is a tard is in fact null value because i'm sure all of our famillies have at one time been in an army of some sort and me personally i live with a marine and someone who was in the army. THe only reason i don't join the military is it's pure stupidity and of logic along with i'm not one for rules

You suck.

Ness
May 3, 2004, 03:23 PM
On 2004-05-03 12:15, DarthFomar wrote:

Ok!!! Why are you associating anime with honor...and y is that the only place you think it exists. Do you not have dignity, honor, and so forth. If someone picked on one of your friends, would you defend him *which is honorable*. Anime did not invent *HONOR*...sorry but it has been around since before Christ was born. And is still exists today!!!

I had a feeling that someone was going get their feeling hurt to put words in my mouth just to argue their point.

I never said that anime invented honor (I don't know how you got that from my post), I said that most of the younger people here got their definition of honor from anime. Nor did I say that no one has honor. Defending a friend is honorable depending on how you do it. If you friend is getting picked on by a little kid and you beat the crap out of him, then there is no honor in that.

Deathscythealpha
May 3, 2004, 03:36 PM
In a way i would have to agree that kids get a sense of honour from watching anime. Japan is meant to be a country that holds honour and tradition in deep respect, and many of the historical or fighting animes seemed soaked in it.

Sadly kids dont realise that they arent Kenshin, this isnt the 18th Centuary and being honourable in a samurai sense wouldnt really get you anywhere in this day and age. And Goku's honour normally meant he got a royal beat down in the series (and also meant he got to waste five minutes talking about his honour http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif).

Uncle_bob
May 3, 2004, 08:53 PM
Uncle would like to thank you all, you brought up some very good points. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

You aren't the Predator or Yuasduunuakmisha, just cause you'd run into a fokking war with a sword doesn't make you "TEH HONRABLE".

Good day.

Bradicus
May 3, 2004, 09:22 PM
Gun, knife, spunge. It doesn't matter.
Any idiot can kill and any idiot can die, the smart ones can avoid doing either (within a limit. bad shit will always happen to good people).

Who cares if swords require more skill (which is not necessarily true) it still equates to killing someone with less skill/a dissadvantage. If you beat someone when you have the short end of the stick? It means you won out of sheer luck or by "cheating", and where is the honour in that?

Oh, and by the way: inflicting pain from close up is far more difficult (mentally) than snuffing out a life from a distance. If you don't believe me, ask a veteran forced to disembowel a human being with a bayonet. Does this make it more honourable? Read above statement...

Bradicus
May 3, 2004, 09:29 PM
Something else:
I think many of you mistake "honour" with pride. Or insanity.

"the art of killing"?
go practice on yourself >_>

Squeege
May 3, 2004, 09:35 PM
On 2004-05-03 13:14, Dangerous55 wrote:

You think you can kill someone with a gun from hundreds of miles away?

So anyone who used a gun in a fight is a weakling little pussy? I say the man who used a gun, and used it sensibly, is smart.

How many knife fights nowadays have any knife skill involved? Most likely just two idiots hacking at each other. My 6 year old cousin can kill you with a knife if she gets a lucky hit, doesnt mean she is skilled.

There is no auto-aim in real life, you know?

Stop watching anime. You never killed anyone so shut the hell up.

You suck.

That pretty much sums up what I was gonna say. I mean, why would someone in the right mind enjoy killing people? Kinda sick if you ask me. I don't see how using a gun is cowardly. When your in a serious fight, fight with the best you have. If I'm gonna get mugged I'd use whatever I can get my hands on. Gun, crow-bar, fists, whatever. As long as you don't get killed. (IMO, I just think it's more fun to disable the opponent than kill them. A waste of life.)

KaFKa
May 3, 2004, 09:48 PM
you have NO clue of what youre talking about, so stop watching those animes and wake up to the real world.

KodiaX987
May 3, 2004, 09:51 PM
There is great art to killing that most people can't see because they are too dumb to understand.

Indeed there is!... In Soul Calibur.

astuarlen
May 3, 2004, 10:27 PM
Gah, what is with the ridiculously romanticized view of war/fighting/death that some people--often young males who take their samurai-themed video-games, movies, and anime too seriously--stubornly cling to? As far as I'm concerned, there's no honor in war. Period. And that has nothing to do with the weapons or skills used. Dead is dead, and killing is killing. You can't make something inherently vile into a thing of "honor", "art", and "beauty". (But that's a whole other topic http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif) What's more honorable: skewering someone with a pointy metal stick or giving your time to help someone in need? The future looks bleak indeed when so many of today's youth find more value in ending life than preserving or improving life. :/

DarthFomar
May 3, 2004, 10:38 PM
On 2004-05-03 19:29, Bradicus wrote:
Something else:
I think many of you mistake "honour" with pride. Or insanity.

"the art of killing"?
go practice on yourself >_>

You have a good point...lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

So to make the differences between Pride and Honor clear here are some Definitions:

1. pride, pridefulness -- (a feeling of self-respect and personal worth) {This is a personal trait; usually *USUALLY*}

3. honor, honour -- (the quality of being honorable and having a good name; "a man of honor") {This is a traditional trait; usually *USUALLY*}

If you're in a *real* war...you will always use a gun, and if you run outta ammo then you are screwed unless you can accurately weild a knife. If you are fighting with just one person and you are using swords *if your opponent is being defeated and he pulls out some kind of gun or grenade...then the whole sense of honor flies outta the window...then it becomes cowardice.

But that won't usually ever happen in this lifetime, these days we use guns anyways. Here take for instance, the movie "The Patriot" with Mel Gibson...when his characters son is facing off with that general...they are using swords *as I recall* and then when the general is defeated...the boy goes to finish him off and the guy shoots him like a coward, when he could have gotten up and just killed him with his sword in a duel. So there is an example of how the honor code was broken.

And what is up with ppl associating *ANIME* with honor...I did not learn of honor from *ANIME*...did you. Good grief...lol...c'mon.

Astuarlen...without wars how would we settle our differences...if you haven't learned it by now *ppl don't like to sit down and talk out their differences...they like to take a knife to the other persons face*. That's the way it has always been. Wars aren't pretty, but someone has to fight...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2004-05-03 20:41 ]</font>

astuarlen
May 3, 2004, 10:54 PM
I fail to see how killing someone, regardless of how clever, skillful, or "artfull" the method, is honorable.
Considering your approval of killing, how can you say self-defense is cowardice? I suppose it would be better to be killed than "dishonor" yourself by "stooping" to the use of advanced weaponry. Oh wait, on second thought, it would be. I've noticed the Obsession-with-an-Arbitrary-Notion-of-Honor Quotient is directly correlated to the Too-Stupid-to-Live Level. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
Ah, and duels may be cute and all, but they're just a tad stupid and barbaric, don't you think? Must be a guy thing... (a specific sort of guy thing, y'know. It's obvious that not all members of the male species are quite so ridiculous.)

Ness
May 4, 2004, 05:48 AM
On 2004-05-03 20:38, DarthFomar wrote:

If you're in a *real* war...you will always use a gun, and if you run outta ammo then you are screwed unless you can accurately weild a knife. If you are fighting with just one person and you are using swords *if your opponent is being defeated and he pulls out some kind of gun or grenade...then the whole sense of honor flies outta the window...then it becomes cowardice.

I can see your point here, but then again, "all is fair in love and war."

But that won't usually ever happen in this lifetime, these days we use guns anyways. Here take for instance, the movie "The Patriot" with Mel Gibson...when his characters son is facing off with that general...they are using swords *as I recall* and then when the general is defeated...the boy goes to finish him off and the guy shoots him like a coward, when he could have gotten up and just killed him with his sword in a duel. So there is an example of how the honor code was broken.

Actually, that's more of a "I don't want to die" thing than an honor thing.

And what is up with ppl associating *ANIME* with honor...I did not learn of honor from *ANIME*...did you. Good grief...lol...c'mon.

That's mainly because your opinions on the matter seemed like they came straight from a smaurai movie. Read my previous posts for more info.

Astuarlen...without wars how would we settle our differences...if you haven't learned it by now *ppl don't like to sit down and talk out their differences...they like to take a knife to the other persons face*. That's the way it has always been. Wars aren't pretty, but someone has to fight...

Ummm. That's not true. It have been proven that all humans have a natural resistance towards killing other humans. So they would rather tlak it out, but sometimes it comes to war. Believe it or not, the majority of the worlds probelms are solved peacefully, but they don't make for interesting news stories.

What little credibility you once had is now gone.

DarthFomar
May 4, 2004, 05:57 PM
I understand the whole "fight for your life" thing...if someone mugs you with a gun, you would try your best to take it from him and blow his hands off...*right!, or whatever the crap you would do if that happened.

*and no I did not get any of my previous post credibility from stupid animes... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif* I'm sorry but I don't live for the sole purpouse of anime. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Anyway, if you and your opponent are the only ones fighting each other...with whatever the *uck weapons {swords, knifes, staffs, sockem boppers}...and you start either getting defeated or you start defeating your opponent and someone pulls out a foreign object *preferably a weapon* *b'cuz usually in duels you agree to 1 certain type of weapon* then the honor fades from the battle.

But as I've said before...WE DO NOT FIGHT LIKE THIS...this is the way ppl USUALLY fought before the middle of the 19th Century *mid 1800's*. Honor in the art of war hardly exists anymore.

Astuarlen......as for duels being barbaric and stupid....ummmm....aren't wars barbaric and sometimes utterly *stupid*. So in a way duels are no different than wars just that only two ppl face off in a duel.

Honor these days usually just means...dying for your country. But man to man honor doesn't exist as much as it used to. And if someone broke into my house, I wouldn't give a second thought to blowing a hole in his leg...and possibly his arm depending on if he bitched about it... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2004-05-04 16:49 ]</font>

Solstis
May 4, 2004, 06:46 PM
On 2004-05-04 15:57, DarthFomar wrote:

But as I've said before...WE DO NOT FIGHT LIKE THIS...this is the way ppl USUALLY fought before the middle of the 19th Century *mid 1800's*. Honor in the art of war hardly exists anymore.

Um... who said that warfare then was honorable?

I'm sure that 1800's people, long after the gun was invented and introduced, would "cheat."

I (and others) have two points:

1. There ain't no honor in killing someone unless yer dog has rabies or something

And,
2. WE made the point up that people had honor back then. Soldiers at Gettysburg looked back at that stupid "Charge of the Light Brigade" and thought THAT was honorable.

My ass.

DarthFomar
May 4, 2004, 06:54 PM
There is honor in dying....would you die for your country...if so then that is honorable.

And I'm sure ppl did cheat honor back then....but they shouldn't have.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Can we just drop the subject now.....http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Scrub
May 4, 2004, 07:06 PM
Heh. This reminds me of when I'm playing Counter-Strike on Live, and the other team says 'Okay, guys, KNIFE FIGHT NEXT ROUND.' I procede to keep my knife out and stand still, letting them all charge at me, then whipping out a M4A1 and blasting all their faces off. Then, next round when I die, they all moan and complain 'IT WAS KNIFE FIGHT ONLY OMFG U NUB!' So I just laugh at them and usually get kicked. e_e; Sorry if this was a bit irrevelant, I just found it reminded me of it for some reason.

DarthFomar
May 4, 2004, 07:08 PM
On 2004-05-04 17:06, Scrub wrote:
Heh. This reminds me of when I'm playing Counter-Strike on Live, and the other team says 'Okay, guys, KNIFE FIGHT NEXT ROUND.' I procede to keep my knife out and stand still, letting them all charge at me, then whipping out a M4A1 and blasting all their faces off. Then, next round when I die, they all moan and complain 'IT WAS KNIFE FIGHT ONLY OMFG U NUB!' So I just laugh at them and usually get kicked. e_e; Sorry if this was a bit irrevelant, I just found it reminded me of it for some reason.

Yes lol...I can relate...as I too play CS...which is a very addictive freakin game. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Subliminalgroove
May 4, 2004, 07:40 PM
On 2004-05-03 20:27, astuarlen wrote:
Gah, what is with the ridiculously romanticized view of war/fighting/death that some people--often young males who take their samurai-themed video-games, movies, and anime too seriously--stubornly cling to? As far as I'm concerned, there's no honor in war. Period. And that has nothing to do with the weapons or skills used. Dead is dead, and killing is killing. You can't make something inherently vile into a thing of "honor", "art", and "beauty". (But that's a whole other topic http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif) What's more honorable: skewering someone with a pointy metal stick or giving your time to help someone in need? The future looks bleak indeed when so many of today's youth find more value in ending life than preserving or improving life. :/

Amen, Sister!!!

DarthFomar wrote:

There is honor in dying....would you die for your country...if so then that is honorable.

I disagree. Dying is always stupid. It is FIGHTING for what you believe in that is important.

Now, before you jump down my throught saying my aggrement with astuarlen's statement and what I have just said are incompatible: There's more ways to fight than sticking a knife in another human, or giving them high velocity lead poisoning. Try fighting with words, or education, or political pressure.

"Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man." -Mohandas K. Gandhi

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Subliminalgroove on 2004-05-04 17:47 ]</font>

Deathscythealpha
May 4, 2004, 07:42 PM
On 2004-05-04 17:06, Scrub wrote:

Well that now does sound like a cheaters way to win. If peeps say they want to play with just knifes you should stick to that rule. Man, i hated when i played SOF2 a couple years back. We would always have a funny game or two during the night, and a good example was the 'Monkey Knife Fight on the Roof!' game. Would always get some cock come up and frag us for easy points while we were running round with are knifes.

astuarlen
May 4, 2004, 07:42 PM
Astuarlen......as for duels being barbaric and stupid....ummmm....aren't wars barbaric and sometimes utterly *stupid*. So in a way duels are no different than wars just that only two ppl face off in a duel.
When have I said wars were not stupid? Never! In fact, the only person here I see attributing any positive qualities to wars or any type of fighting is you, my friend.
The whole idea of honor in war/fighting/duels is an arbitrary concept and is worth less than nothing. Get over it.

The nineteenth century, eh? Yes, there is something honorable about squabbling over questions of "defending one's good name and reputation" rather than doing something about real problems...like oh, the persistence of slavery or women's rights or the huge standard-of-living gap between the rich and poor. When we pretend to be "honorable" men, we don't have to face up to our true failings and weakness of conviction.

Honor these days usually just means...dying for your country.
Rather than dying for your country, try sacrificing something for a worthy cause you believe in. It's pure chance on a certain level that you were born in a particular country, after all. Would you want to fight, kill, and die for your country if she condoned oppresive practices and policies? Would you fight for your country if she was the aggressor? Maybe then the honorable thing would be to stand up for what's right and refuse to fight. Interesting...

KodiaX987
May 4, 2004, 07:50 PM
I found that Frank's Law was the best in defending yourself. Give it a try.

"If he hits your left cheek, show him your right cheek. And if he hits your right cheek, show him your hardcore biker cousin."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KodiaX987 on 2004-05-04 17:51 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
May 4, 2004, 07:50 PM
On 2004-05-03 07:27, Siris wrote:

A paperboy, or someone who just got lost doesn't follow you down the highway for two hours, then follow you into your driveway.

If someone does that, then you've got sufficient reason to expect that they have hostile intentions.

Hrith
May 4, 2004, 08:40 PM
On 2004-05-04 17:40, Subliminalgroove wrote:
"Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man." -Mohandas K. Gandhi
Just because he said it does not mean it's a good thing, or it's subjective =/
you sound as if the fact that Gandhi said that oh-so-ordinary sentence means that it is truth.

It's like:
"ordinary line"
"yeah, so?"
"Gandhi said this"
"ah, awesome"

-_-

Good topic, Umkle, and thanks to Kodia, Meira and Brad for the good laugh, and DurakkenX, too, even if he probably did not mean for it to be so funny.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2004-05-04 18:41 ]</font>

KodiaX987
May 4, 2004, 08:55 PM
Heh, remember Maddox?...

Why does everyone always sing the praises of civil disobedience? What good did it do for Gandhi? He's dead.

Ness
May 4, 2004, 09:24 PM

I disagree. Dying is always stupid. It is FIGHTING for what you believe in that is important.

Damn straight!

Now, before you jump down my throught saying my aggrement with astuarlen's statement and what I have just said are incompatible: There's more ways to fight than sticking a knife in another human, or giving them high velocity lead poisoning. Try fighting with words, or education, or political pressure.

That's it. I'm finding you and making you my wife. Violence only promotes fear and where there is fear, there is no logic.

Dangerous55
May 5, 2004, 12:18 AM

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Subliminalgroove on 2004-05-04 17:47 ]</font>

I wonder what Gandhi would have done if it was Russia or China instead of England as the ones occupying India.

Guntz348
May 5, 2004, 12:51 AM
On 2004-05-04 22:18, Dangerous55 wrote:

I wonder what Gandhi would have done if it was Russia or China instead of England as the ones occupying India.

I was about to say ask the people of Tiananmen Square or Kent State Uni. if that statement was true...

Subliminalgroove
May 5, 2004, 01:47 AM
On 2004-05-04 22:51, Guntz348 wrote:

On 2004-05-04 22:18, Dangerous55 wrote:

I was about to say ask the people of Tiananmen Square or Kent State Uni. if that statement was true...

The students of Tiananmen square tried nonviolent protest first. It was the army that got violent. Everyone remembers that lone student standing infront of that line of tanks. Did anyone see a gun on his person? I didn't. Yet he managed to stop hundreds of tons of warmachinery. Not to mention that, but that action and that picture stand out as ONE of the most memorable things that happened in the 20th century.

Guntz348
May 5, 2004, 02:04 AM
That's true but many more people were slaughted before it stopped. Many more conflicts ensued before anything changed. My point is just this, sometimes force is the only thing that you can use to defeat your enemy. And many times, the ends did justify the means, well to certain degress at least. Do you think Hitler would have stood down if the allies just say outside Germany and asked nicely?

I mean yes it would be nice if people could throw down there weapons and discuss things peacfully but that's just not human nature. Our nature is to destroy ourselves. I'm not saying it's good, I'm not saying I like it, but it's just how the world is, how it was and how it will continue to be untill we consume ourselves with our destructive natures.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guntz348 on 2004-05-05 00:05 ]</font>

DurakkenX
May 5, 2004, 03:05 AM
1st of all i adhere to chivalry, not anime...

2nd I have come very close to killing someone...

3rd do you even know what art is?

I have been mugged and you say that someone carrying a gun would be better huh? Yeah i'm sure you're just gonna whip out a gun on 20 people who may or may not have guns. I'm sorry but you're a fuckin idiot if you think you're gonna live through pulling a gun out when getting mugged.

As for no auto aim. it doesn't take marksmanship to pull a fuckin trigger in a genral local, me grandma can kill you and has never held anything gun like.

Even with putting a gun to someone's head you are still vastly disconnected. a gun is pulling a lever and dude drops dead. a knife is pushing through flesh and possable bone with, feeling the quiver of the flesh as it rips then you have to wait for them to die or do it again if you put the knife in the wrong place, you have time to save them you could or you could let them die. THE THOUGHT lingers and this is what most people do not understand th difference. You have to EARN every stab you do you just BUY bullets.

btw anyone else ever been cut with a katana in here? just curious.

AS for killing being an artform...I'm not even going to try to explain.

Arislan
May 5, 2004, 03:38 AM
As for no auto aim. it doesn't take marksmanship to pull a fuckin trigger in a genral local, me grandma can kill you and has never held anything gun like.

Unless you're less than 5 feet away from the opponent, you'd better know how to aim. 15-20 feet or further, and you wouldn't be able to hit a man-sized target with any accuracy unless you've practiced. And when that man sized target is moving and *trying to kill you* it's even harder.

And say you shoot that man at 5 feet away. Its not like the movies, where the guy drops dead. No. He's on the ground, screaming his butt off, or rushing at you, if you were stupid enough to hit him with a 9mm. YOu shoot in a room, you're as deaf as the person you shot, and you feel pain from that as well. Shooting a gun isn't a nice happy thing that's so easy to do. If you think so, try shooting a 40 without ear plugs, and tell me how long the ringing lasts.

No, no katana cuts here. Taken a few bashings from long swords, and broken a friends finger with a boken, but never been slashed. Although had you been slashed agressively by an actual katana, you'd be missing a limp or at the least have spent months in a hospital. An actual truly sharpened katana would have cut through your bone and flesh like a hot knife through butter, and only taken a powerful swing to go through bone.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2004-05-05 01:51 ]</font>

KaFKa
May 5, 2004, 04:33 AM
On 2004-05-05 01:05, DurakkenX wrote:

chivalry is dead, get used to it

very close and doing are two seperate things

get off your holier than thou trip, its starting to get annoying. and yes, i know what art is.

I have been mugged and you say that someone carrying a gun would be better huh? Yeah i'm sure you're just gonna whip out a gun on 20 people who may or may not have guns. I'm sorry but you're a fuckin idiot if you think you're gonna live through pulling a gun out when getting mugged.

youre an idiot then, 20 people with knives are gonna run when they hear that gun go off. its called reality. why risk the loss of your life when you have the chance to get out of there and live? think about it. (and yes, ive gotten jumped/mugged/etc myself)

wow, get your grammar straight man.

and thats the point. any average joe is going to be able to kill someone if he has a gun. which is why guns were implemented in warfare a long time ago. get with the times, conan

Even with putting a gun to someone's head you are still vastly disconnected. a gun is pulling a lever and dude drops dead. a knife is pushing through flesh and possable bone with, feeling the quiver of the flesh as it rips then you have to wait for them to die or do it again if you put the knife in the wrong place, you have time to save them you could or you could let them die. THE THOUGHT lingers and this is what most people do not understand th difference. You have to EARN every stab you do you just BUY bullets.

do you even know what its like to be on the other side of that equation in real life? no? didnt think so.

no. and honestly, what kind fo wacko is going to actually weild a katana in hopes of actually hurting someone before they pull out that *hint hint* gun of theirs and shoot you three or four times?

no, explain for us please, we need to know your amazing knowledge of killing people and ninjutsu moves, then we can all be sword-wielding ninjas of death! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Ness
May 5, 2004, 05:51 AM
I was going to say alot more, but Kafka pretty much covered everything.

Oh please by all means do, Mr. Artist. Since you seem to know much more about killing, honor, and several other froms of vice than we do, you should share your knowledge with us so we will no longer be ignorant.

Hrith
May 5, 2004, 05:55 AM
I'm glad you're here, KaFKa =]

we've got a sword wielding master on the site !
Lolli, give him a new avatar !

Armok
May 5, 2004, 06:32 AM
Er why are ppl even going on about murder as an honourable artform thats insane. We aint living in the middle ages ya know.

If you have a problem/vendetta with someone nowadays the best way to deal wit them is to climb on their roof, jump up and down till it colapses and then sue them for millions of dollars in personal injurys.

Dangerous55
May 5, 2004, 07:24 AM
Guntz summed up what I think about the "sometimes you have to fight" thing.

I didnt feel like doing this, but I am bored:

Ok?

Explain.

Do you?

You got mugged by 20 guys? Mugged or beat up because you pissed them off for being a dipshit?

Well maybe it was one guy, so yeah, having a gun would help you out. Even with 2 or 3 or 4 or even 20 guys it would help.

At point-blank range, yes, anyone can hit someone. Move back a little bit and lets see.

You suck.

No.

You suck, again.

Subliminalgroove
May 5, 2004, 08:51 AM

ooooookay.....

I think the orderly is coming down the hall with your sedatives and a straight jacket . . .

Outrider
May 5, 2004, 09:14 AM
Yeah, uh... that's great, Durakken. I think it's about time you pulled out of whatever imaginary world you're living in.

Again:

You're not some warrior. I don't care what you've been listening to or reading. Just because you (like many other people) have suddenly decided you are mister "I know all about weapons and therefore am a deadly ninja" doesn't mean it's true at all.

Y'know, my friend bought a katana. He swung it around a few times. He talked about how cool it would be to be a samurai or whatever.

Was he serious? Heck no.

Some people have to get a reality check.

Scejntjynahl
May 5, 2004, 09:55 AM
Reality check?

There is no honor today. And with the posts I have read, chances are there never will be any honor, ever.

To kill is to kill. May it be by truck, bomb, pencil, knife, sword, gun, poison, chemical, nuclear, diseases, the end result is the same, death.

Honor does not arise from anime, cartoons, fictional stories. No. It comes from doing what needs to be done even at the expense of your own life and convictions. Warriors, soldiers, fathers, sons, mothers, daughters, to any that have died for a cause beyond them, they have tasted honor.

One thing is true of man's nature, we are born to kill. Each new generation invents new and lovely ways to kill ourselves. In the end, we will all die by our hands.

My only wish, is to abolish the ease at which we kill. It is this ease of technology that has robbed us of honor. The easier it is to do, the more we do it. So easy now, that anyone for any reason can take a life.

So to you gunho's and sword maniacs, STFU, if you must fight to prove something then fight. But never say that one way is better than the other... there is no "good" death there is only death. The problem is not the weapon, it is it's wielder.

Armok
May 5, 2004, 10:49 AM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Samurai tried to fight Katana versus guns in the name of foolish honour. No but really when it comes to Sword versus projectile weopnary, You may as well be defending yourself with a Banana.

KodiaX987
May 5, 2004, 12:22 PM
Does this whole thread remind you guys of Pearl Harbor?... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

"We've got broomsticks for tailguns!!!"

"Maybe this'll scare 'em..."

Scejntjynahl
May 5, 2004, 12:24 PM
On 2004-05-05 10:22, KodiaX987 wrote:
Does this whole thread remind you guys of Pearl Harbor?... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

"We've got broomsticks for tailguns!!!"

"Maybe this'll scare 'em..."

No, Im not that old http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

KodiaX987
May 5, 2004, 12:32 PM
I meant the movie, you stupid miscarriage leftover! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Scejntjynahl
May 5, 2004, 12:44 PM
On 2004-05-05 10:32, KodiaX987 wrote:
I meant the movie, you stupid miscarriage leftover! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

You mean "fetus" leftovers, with a side of umbilical chord and placenta for dessert?

Topic: Guns and knifes suck. Use your fists against a wall if such your need for violence commands you.

Dangerous55
May 5, 2004, 02:29 PM
On 2004-05-05 10:44, Furankunichan wrote:

Topic: Guns and knifes suck. Use your fists against a wall if such your need for violence commands you.

Na just use the butt of the gun as a club.

KaFKa
May 5, 2004, 04:24 PM
or a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

PhotonDrop
May 5, 2004, 06:00 PM
Or a high heeled shoe with a nail in the heel!

Robo47
May 5, 2004, 06:13 PM
<Little Robo>

Whoever would beleive Bladed weapons are better than projectile weapons need to get their head checked, because you are not the Splinter Cell, the only way you could get close to someone with a gun is to sneak up on them, and frankly thats not going to happen.

I ma be 15 but I've been there. last year I was into swords, I made wooded ones and played with my friends until one of them thought it was funny to shoot me in the shoulder with a .177 calibur BB Gun Pistol. At that point I realized that guns > swords. You can continue to use swords in Fantasyville but the common rule of battle remains:

Kill in the most efficient way.

And blades are ancient technology, if you can call it that.

Scejntjynahl
May 5, 2004, 06:34 PM
Ok fine, one more time.

Watch Starship Troopers. And remember the training part where the private asked why use knifes? And the sargeant preceded to throw a large blade and stuck the private's hand to the wall, and then asked him to pull the trigger...

Killing sucks btw.

Schpitz
May 5, 2004, 06:37 PM
Just remember guys, "You don't have to reload a gun!" Har

Yes, I am quoting Eihwaz from what he said at school. roflmfao

Robo47
May 5, 2004, 06:40 PM
On 2004-05-05 16:34, Furankunichan wrote:
Ok fine, one more time.

Watch Starship Troopers. And remember the training part where the private asked why use knifes? And the sargeant preceded to throw a large blade and stuck the private's hand to the wall, and then asked him to pull the trigger...

Killing sucks btw.

Not everyone has that kind of accuracy, kthxbye

Outrider
May 5, 2004, 07:00 PM
On 2004-05-05 16:40, Robo47 wrote:

Actually, next to nobody has that kind of accuracy.

Solstis
May 5, 2004, 07:02 PM
On 2004-05-05 17:00, Outrider wrote:

On 2004-05-05 16:40, Robo47 wrote:

Actually, next to nobody has that kind of accuracy.

*Throws a knife at outrider*

See, I hit robo on accident, thus disproving the "logic" given to us by movies, television, and um... plays.

Anyway, we can consider honor after everyone's dead http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

lain2k3
May 5, 2004, 08:23 PM
I think everyone knows that using a gun is samrter in todays world, its just that many people could care less for modern warfare.

I think someone who can wield a sword or bladed weapon with extreme accuracy and skill is much cooler than soemone who can kill people with a gun.

although I do like stories and shit about snipers.

DarthFomar
May 6, 2004, 12:38 AM
Ok...flat our period (.).......it is HONORABLE to die for something; whether it be for your family, country, pride, honor, the shit on the floor, who gives a *uck. If you are willing to die for it, then it is honorable; and that means that the ppl fighting for us over in other countrys *or in our own* DO have friggin honor because they are the ones fighting...not you and I. They are risking their very lives for a cause *whether they believe in it or not*.

So please do not tell me *Astaurlen* that it is not honorable to die in battle *as it has been since the birth of war*, because you would be sorely f-ing mistaken.

And you are taking things a little to seriously *when I say USUALLY, I am kinda hinting for you to not scream down my throat about some nonsense...that I will not agree with anyway*.

"If a man doesn't have *ANY* kind of honor, then...he is not truely a man". This is actually a quote from a book I once read. And I agree with it.

There is honor in battle...there is no doubt *MAYBE******* unless it's just a total gd massacre* or *unless you're the coward running behind the line, while others are fighting on*.

Self defense *in our everyday lives* is another story. But when it comes to war...most soldiers do have the honor and courage to fight *the best they can for a cause that they may not even believe in*.

When someone says "There's no honor in fighting and dying in battle", it's almost like spitting on a dead soldier's grave.

I believe in honor...and if some of you cannot, then I sadly fear for the future of our Worlds.

And as far as the accuracy with knives thing...if ppl could shoot arrows without sight support *and still hit their mark* in the old days, they could also throw knives *with precise accuracy*. And I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of ppl besides stunt actors that can do the same these days. I have actually hit the black around a target before *throwing a knife*. It's not like you're trying to fly or some shit...you just have to learn. C'mon ppl. God, even idiots know that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2004-05-05 23:15 ]</font>

KaFKa
May 6, 2004, 03:04 AM
try using parenthesies (when pointing out specific things) yeah?

and honor on the battlefield, yes. honor on the streets, no.

chivalry is dead, honor isnt. two really different things.

DarthFomar
May 6, 2004, 03:16 AM
Yes...I agree, chivalry is dead. And honor remains.

But.....................I don't use parenthesis.................b'cuz they are evil. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif

See...?!

Ness
May 6, 2004, 05:54 AM
On 2004-05-06 01:16, DarthFomar wrote:
Yes...I agree, chivalry is dead. And honor remains.

But.....................I don't use parenthesis.................b'cuz they are evil. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif

See...?!

Then use hyphens or commas; grammatically they mean the same thing.

DurakkenX
May 6, 2004, 08:31 AM
I have never said i am some kind of master of weapons. I'm saying you're an idiot if you think guns aren't cowardly in anything other than war. Not only are they cowardly they abhoredly dangerous to just fire like most do. We're talking guns on the street here, not in military usage i think everyone agrees that whoever blows up who in "WAR" first it is best to have the quickest most effective way to do that, but on the streets...shoot a gun and you endanger not on your target but EVERYONE in that general vicinity.

As for almost killing someone...I was threatened by a friend and about 50 other people, surrounded. I figured gang mentality. With my anger and lose of logic and knowledge of how to kill people...i struck at my friend in one of those ways, but at the last second a bit of logic came back and i just broke his nose...i've also slammed a kids head into the ground and without just the right control of something like that you can fracture a skull easily. I am not relating the entire stories simply because I do not feel comfortable telling memories that cause me pain emotionally.

Chivalry is a never was if you know history. it is a fake honor code used by the noble class to perpetrate a betrayal against the common people, but i still live by that code.

I was mugged in pitch black for money, because i was white. Believe me I don't hang out with people who group on a single person. If you have a gun and your getting mugged by more than one person and you have a gun on you first thing they will do is take that gun if they find it and put it to your head and say, "You think you're safe with this?" or if you pull it and shoot it at one of them more than likely unless you're firing without knowing whether you're getting mugged or not yet you will have that gun knocked out of your hand and you will be shot with it, or if not that they have one of their own you will be shot. Not having gun lowers the risk of having a gun becoming involved and if you can't see that you are fucking dumbass.

Killing as an Art is hard to explain because you must a vastly warped mind and thats why only sociopaths, psychotics, sado-masicists and geniuses actually see it like that. It is also known that geniuses are often psychotic or sociopathic so stating genius in there is kinda repetitive. Killing in it's self is not art but the fashion in which you do it can be anywhere from straight poetic to dull as can be to funny and explaining how this is very hard because emotions have a lot to do with it and describing feelings that are not in any language is quite a difficult task. you either agree or you don't.

I was curious about getting cut by a katana because i have been just knicked with one and that shyt stung for days. I couldn't imagine being slashed by one fully. but i've also had a 6 pound stainless steel bar bell hit me in the jaw and in the temple travelling about 60mph at two seperate times.

I personally will not EVER touch a gun. I don't trust myself with that type of power over life and death. The moment someone put one in my hand I'd either shoot them and/or pull out any bullets left and destroy it. It is the same reason I don't do drugs or drink. It's pure stupidity in my situation. However I don't care whether ornot anyone else does the shyt. just don't bring it to me.

One last thing...I don't fight with weapons nor have I ever because I have found no need for them and I have been in many fights. I just choose not to use anything but personal skill when taking on another person even though I can use weapons efficiently for show.

Whether you choose to believe me or not i do not care. If you are so needing to use a gun to as a regular citizen I would highly recomend you use them to stage a cue because the government isn't doing it's job if anything more than hands are needed to fight EXCLUDING GANGS but we are not going there.

Armok
May 6, 2004, 09:23 AM
On 2004-05-06 06:31, DurakkenX wrote:
Killing as an Art is hard to explain because you must a vastly warped mind and thats why only sociopaths, psychotics, sado-masicists and geniuses actually see it like that. It is also known that geniuses are often psychotic or sociopathic so stating genius in there is kinda repetitive. Killing in it's self is not art but the fashion in which you do it can be anywhere from straight poetic to dull as can be to funny and explaining how this is very hard because emotions have a lot to do with it and describing feelings that are not in any language is quite a difficult task. you either agree or you don't.

I have read this part several times and still don't know what your on about. The way you murder (not kill) someone alters only in accordance with wether your a wacko or how much you want them to suffer. Its got Nothing to do with art.

Scejntjynahl
May 6, 2004, 09:59 AM
Killing as an art, the art is NOT to kill you imbecils. Shees, everyone seems to be missing the god dam point, killing is not the way to do things. A true martial artist avoids confrontation at all times. It is the control of not picking up any weapon and not letting anger control you where honor truly is at. Hence, why I said earlier, there is no honor today. We resolve everything through violence. Emotional or physical, we impose ourselves onto to others one way or another. Nevermind, why continue with my thoughts, like anyone cares. Go ahead use an M60 and blow away that guy holding the butterfly knife, feel better? Good.

Bradicus
May 6, 2004, 11:10 AM
If you have a gun and your getting mugged by more than one person and you have a gun on you first thing they will do is take that gun if they find it and put it to your head and say, "You think you're safe with this?"

errr...
If someone takes your gun, how are they any more dangerous than before? If they are able to loot your pockets, than they must either have a sharp object, or a gun of their own. They now have two ways to kill you, but they can't do it twice >_>
Unless they were holding you up with a spork.

or if you pull it and shoot it at one of them more than likely unless you're firing without knowing whether you're getting mugged or not yet you will have that gun knocked out of your hand and you will be shot with it, or if not that they have one of their own you will be shot.

You are over thinking this just a tad.
When a gun goes off, people go down. No one is willing to risk their skin for 46 bucks and a useless ATM card. Muggers are not pher1355 wariors, they are opertunistic cowards.

Not having gun lowers the risk of having a gun becoming involved and if you can't see that you are fucking dumbass.

I wouldn't mind having a gun involved if it were on my side >_>

I am well aware that having a gun can make things worse, but you could have made your point better.

Hrith
May 6, 2004, 11:34 AM
I think Durakken has made excellent points, most people cannot use guns, don't have the guts to fire, and will most likely have the gun used against them in the end.

While some other people don't even realize that pulling the trigger means killing the person at the other side of the barrell >_>

KodiaX987
May 6, 2004, 11:46 AM
I'd rather have a gun and stand at least a minimal chance if someone tries to get the drop of me than having nothing on myself and finding out I'm royally screwed if I ever bump into a shady person. Gang members in Montreal had guns and knives aplenty - some of them even had shurikens! And the bikers, you ever heard of the Hells Angels? Those guys used to blow up about a building every 3 days to beat their opponents. If either a gang member or a biker decides to not like my face, well, I don't really want to have just my car keys to fight with. Sure, the keychains can make some stylish nunchakus at the limit but my ability to swing a weapon like a drunken maniac is limited. Thus, the increased effectiveness brought by a cute little pistol is considerable.

But more often than not, I just try to stay away from dark alleys, saves me more money than getting a gun to protect it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Outrider
May 6, 2004, 12:08 PM
On 2004-05-06 07:59, Furankunichan wrote:
Shees, everyone seems to be missing the god dam point, killing is not the way to do things. A true martial artist avoids confrontation at all times.

I just thought I'd quote this to reinforce it yet again. I don't care how tough people think they are or how cool they are, you obviously don't understand death and murder if you think that it's some sort of ancient abstraction of the real thing.

Arislan
May 6, 2004, 03:34 PM
And before anyone breaks in that "Martial Artist" means hand to hand combat or CCW fighting only, it does not. A kyudou master or a bowman is also a martial artist. Any weapon type that can be used in combat with another falls under the term "martial". So guns do as well.

Dangerous55
May 6, 2004, 04:33 PM
I have never said i am some kind of master of weapons. I'm saying you're an idiot if you think guns aren't cowardly in anything other than war. Not only are they cowardly they abhoredly dangerous to just fire like most do. We're talking guns on the street here, not in military usage i think everyone agrees that whoever blows up who in "WAR" first it is best to have the quickest most effective way to do that, but on the streets...shoot a gun and you endanger not on your target but EVERYONE in that general vicinity.

So cops are cowards? If you are not a dumbass then guns are perfectly fine and will keep the peace.

As for almost killing someone...I was threatened by a friend and about 50 other people, surrounded. I figured gang mentality. With my anger and lose of logic and knowledge of how to kill people...i struck at my friend in one of those ways, but at the last second a bit of logic came back and i just broke his nose...i've also slammed a kids head into the ground and without just the right control of something like that you can fracture a skull easily. I am not relating the entire stories simply because I do not feel comfortable telling memories that cause me pain emotionally.

That is great. What does it prove?

I was mugged in pitch black for money, because i was white. Believe me I don't hang out with people who group on a single person. If you have a gun and your getting mugged by more than one person and you have a gun on you first thing they will do is take that gun if they find it and put it to your head and say, "You think you're safe with this?"

Usually people who carry guns conceal them. I would NEVER let some guys I dont know just walk up to me and search me. You either back off or pull the gun and tell them to get the fuck away.

or if you pull it and shoot it at one of them more than likely unless you're firing without knowing whether you're getting mugged or not yet you will have that gun knocked out of your hand and you will be shot with it, or if not that they have one of their own you will be shot.

No the other guy is going to be scared out of his mind and run or piss his pants. And if he does decide to fight back, well you are lucky because you are a human and can move your wrist faster then an inch a second. So, he grabs for gun, you move your wrist and put a slug in him.

Not having gun lowers the risk of having a gun becoming involved and if you can't see that you are fucking dumbass.

Yeah, because being beat to death or stabbed is better than being shot.

FUCKING dumbass.

Well there are reasons those people are in sanitariums, prisons, or on mass medication.

I was curious about getting cut by a katana because i have been just knicked with one and that shyt stung for days. I couldn't imagine being slashed by one fully. but i've also had a 6 pound stainless steel bar bell hit me in the jaw and in the temple travelling about 60mph at two seperate times.

60 MPH?

Slight exageration maybe?

I personally will not EVER touch a gun. I don't trust myself with that type of power over life and death. The moment someone put one in my hand I'd either shoot them and/or pull out any bullets left and destroy it.

Yeah, your such a badass.

It is the same reason I don't do drugs or drink. It's pure stupidity in my situation. However I don't care whether ornot anyone else does the shyt. just don't bring it to me.

I agree.

One last thing...I don't fight with weapons nor have I ever because I have found no need for them and I have been in many fights. I just choose not to use anything but personal skill when taking on another person even though I can use weapons efficiently for show.

Well lets see how you fare against a paraplegic midget with a Hi-Power. Maybe it would change your mind

Whether you choose to believe me or not i do not care. If you are so needing to use a gun to as a regular citizen I would highly recomend you use them to stage a cue because the government isn't doing it's job if anything more than hands are needed to fight EXCLUDING GANGS but we are not going there.

Do you know how many good honest citizens would be alive if they had a gun with them? Murderers, rapists, kidnappers are in every country and prey on anyone, anytime. I am not saying people need to carry guns, of course not everyone should but there can save lives.

Also, it is coup, not cue.

KaFKa
May 6, 2004, 06:13 PM
On 2004-05-06 14:33, Dangerous55 wrote:

So cops are cowards? If you are not a dumbass then guns are perfectly fine and will keep the peace.

That is great. What does it prove?

I was mugged in pitch black for money, because i was white. Believe me I don't hang out with people who group on a single person. If you have a gun and your getting mugged by more than one person and you have a gun on you first thing they will do is take that gun if they find it and put it to your head and say, "You think you're safe with this?"

Usually people who carry guns conceal them. I would NEVER let some guys I dont know just walk up to me and search me. You either back off or pull the gun and tell them to get the fuck away.

No the other guy is going to be scared out of his mind and run or piss his pants. And if he does decide to fight back, well you are lucky because you are a human and can move your wrist faster then an inch a second. So, he grabs for gun, you move your wrist and put a slug in him.

Yeah, because being beat to death or stabbed is better than being shot.

FUCKING dumbass.

Well there are reasons those people are in sanitariums, prisons, or on mass medication.

60 MPH?

Slight exageration maybe?

I personally will not EVER touch a gun. I don't trust myself with that type of power over life and death. The moment someone put one in my hand I'd either shoot them and/or pull out any bullets left and destroy it.

Yeah, your such a badass.

It is the same reason I don't do drugs or drink. It's pure stupidity in my situation. However I don't care whether ornot anyone else does the shyt. just don't bring it to me.

I agree.

Well lets see how you fare against a paraplegic midget with a Hi-Power. Maybe it would change your mind

Do you know how many good honest citizens would be alive if they had a gun with them? Murderers, rapists, kidnappers are in every country and prey on anyone, anytime. I am not saying people need to carry guns, of course not everyone should but there can save lives.

Also, it is coup, not cue.

yep, everything i was going to say...

DarthFomar
May 6, 2004, 06:20 PM
Dang Kafka......talk about subtle....hehehe http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I...I'm lost...and can't seem to find my way back home. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

This topic is now officially ummm...let me find the word..........{{{Confusing}}} maybe...no...I dunno, but I do not think I will come visit you anymore... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Ness
May 6, 2004, 07:50 PM

Anytime you use a weapon you endanger everyone around you. Also following your logic, women woh defend themselves against predators with firearms are dishonorable.

And your point is?

Chivalry is a never was if you know history. it is a fake honor code used by the noble class to perpetrate a betrayal against the common people, but i still live by that code.

So you live by a code that "never was?" That makes a whole lot of sense.

This implies that you allowed them to get that close. Also, most people don't carry a gun where it can been seen.

or if you pull it and shoot it at one of them more than likely unless you're firing without knowing whether you're getting mugged or not yet you will have that gun knocked out of your hand and you will be shot with it,

No, as soon is they hear a bullet go off, whether you hit one of them or not, they will all run away or become paralyzed with fear.

or if not that they have one of their own you will be shot. Not having gun lowers the risk of having a gun becoming involved and if you can't see that you are fucking dumbass.

Umm.....

Chances are that they will pull a gun on you anyway so you don't try anything funny.

Killing as an Art is hard to explain because you must a vastly warped mind and thats why only sociopaths, psychotics, sado-masicists and geniuses actually see it like that. It is also known that geniuses are often psychotic or sociopathic so stating genius in there is kinda repetitive.

So are you saying that you are a psychopath? And no, geniuses are not often psychotic.

Killing in it's self is not art but the fashion in which you do it can be anywhere from straight poetic to dull as can be to funny and explaining how this is very hard because emotions have a lot to do with it and describing feelings that are not in any language is quite a difficult task. you either agree or you don't.

I( can see the "don't," but not the agree. Especially since you really didn't give a convincing arguemnt about why killing is an art.

Two questions:

1. What were you doing on the freeway?

2. What kind of idiot holds barbells out their windows?

If neither of those questions apply to your story then it is BS.

Wow. That's alot of self control you have there.

True.

Yeah man because you have m4D 5k1ll5!!!

So are you saying that you are not a regular citizen?

KaFKa
May 6, 2004, 09:29 PM

If you are so needing to use a gun ~|~ anything more than hands are needed to fight EXCLUDING GANGS but we are not going there.

lets do go there, kiddo.

when youre talking about things that happen on the street, then gangs are going to be part of that equation. you havent a clue what its like to really be in a gang-type situation. (and 50 people? please, if it was 50 people they would have clogged the street or wherever they were and drawn way too much attention to themselves. dont exaggerate to make yourself seem better)

and yes, if you were wondering, i know what its like, ive lived it for the past 10 years, so dont even try to say you know more than i do on that subject (as you seemt to think on evrything else)

DurakkenX
May 6, 2004, 10:50 PM
this is in the same order as my last post concerning each subject. i figure i have been quoted enoug and most things didn't need to be quoted.

cops are no more needed than a fence around an angery dog, becausethat is all they are for. someone to look after criminals in prison and not only that they have been trained and almost never use their guns and are simply there to keep people from doing criminal acts with the threatening of jail time.

what's my point about almost killing someone..it was a response to a question...unlike some people i actually read the thread. Oh who said anything about 50 people in the street...there were 50 people in the area and that's not a lot of people at a party.

Chivalry..i adhere to the code of chivalry even though most if not all those who said they did did not.

Most of the time you are approached from behind. I was approached by a group that I had walked by and through and around many times and never been touched..There were at least 10...and they had two cars...that make around 20 forgive my rounding..If they don't have a weapon to begin with. why give them one? Are you too pussy to handle 3 people with your fists especially when most muggers are not built. Guns just add to your chance of dieing and if you have one more than likely you will die by that gun.

I'm not saying I am a psychotic...saying that would be completely wrong. I'm a sociopath. Me people who are not on medication or in an institute are sociopaths now adays. Learn the word before you use it.

60mph is easy to get up to a speed of. it's seems like you idea of time space is a little misconstrued. Think about it for just a moment you can throw a ball 90+ and hit a puck 120+ to do that you must have the item that transfers that energy at a higher rate of speed than the actual item meaning that if you can hit a puck 120+ mph you can swing the stick at equal or more force than the puck is going. Like I said rather simple to swing a heavy object one you get over the weight along with cetripical force would actually accelerate it even more.

yeah i am a badass...thas why i need a gun to shoot someone.

Maybe i do have m4D 5k1ll5!!! as you put it, but as i said in my post i haven't put my combative skill with a weapoon up against anyone. I see no reason to as the more weapons you use increases the likeliness of death by accident or by anger.

No I'm not a regular citizen...I'm a monkey

Gangs ussually keep only in there gang wars and don't fuck with you less you bring it on your self. Such as wearing gang colors or talkin shyt. They try to keep out of neighborhoods that don't need it to be in and they.

Outrider
May 6, 2004, 11:14 PM
Durakken, you're still not getting it.

Some people really need to learn not to take themselves too seriously, because you come out looking like you're blabbering.

I'm sure you've got all these skills, Batman, but you're not impressing anybody.

Dangerous55
May 6, 2004, 11:16 PM
On 2004-05-06 20:50, DurakkenX wrote:

cops are no more needed than a fence around an angery dog, becausethat is all they are for. someone to look after criminals in prison and not only that they have been trained and almost never use their guns and are simply there to keep people from doing criminal acts with the threatening of jail time.

We don't need cops? Is that what you are saying?
Define use. Cops draw their pistols alot, why? It scares the shit out of people.

what's my point about almost killing someone..it was a response to a question...unlike some people i actually read the thread. Oh who said anything about 50 people in the street...there were 50 people in the area and that's not a lot of people at a party.

We all read the thread, but you saying you almost killed someone doesnt mean anything.

Most of the time you are approached from behind. I was approached by a group that I had walked by and through and around many times and never been touched..There were at least 10...and they had two cars...that make around 20 forgive my rounding..If they don't have a weapon to begin with. why give them one?

You don't give them a weapon, you don't let these guys get close to you to even touch you. I wouldnt.

If they don't have a weapons, and you have a pistol, you win.

Are you too pussy to handle 3 people with your fists especially when most muggers are not built. Guns just add to your chance of dieing and if you have one more than likely you will die by that gun.

Being mugged is not a masculinity question. Strength in numbers is a massive advantage, you dont have to be built to beat the shit out of someone. Especially if you out number him.

Guns add to the chance of you getting away.

Please explain how you are 'more than likely' to die by your own gun.

I'm not saying I am a psychotic...saying that would be completely wrong. I'm a sociopath. Me people who are not on medication or in an institute are sociopaths now adays. Learn the word before you use it.

WIKIPEDIA:

Antisocial personality disorder (APD) is a personality disorder listed in the DSM-IV. It is generally considered to be the same as, or similar to, the disorder that was previously known as psychopathic or sociopathic personality disorder.

It is characterised by a number of symptoms:

Failure to conform to social norms or lawful behaviors
Deceitfulness, as indicated by repeated lying, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure
Irresponsibility, impulsivity or failure to plan ahead
Irritability and aggression, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults
Reckless disregard for safety of self or others
Lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another.

60mph is easy to get up to a speed of. it's seems like you idea of time space is a little misconstrued. Think about it for just a moment you can throw a ball 90+ and hit a puck 120+ to do that you must have the item that transfers that energy at a higher rate of speed than the actual item meaning that if you can hit a puck 120+ mph you can swing the stick at equal or more force than the puck is going. Like I said rather simple to swing a heavy object one you get over the weight along with cetripical force would actually accelerate it even more.

Well getting punched in the temple can kill you. Now being hit by a 6 pound peice of metal traveling 60MPH is going to hurt quite a bit. What does this prove though, anyway?

yeah i am a badass...thas why i need a gun to shoot someone.

I think I figured you out, you think if you have a gun you HAVE to go out and shoot people. Not true at all, it is used as self-defense weapon to decent people.

OK maybe your not a badass, but if you cant control yourself holding a gun then you should be locked up. Or something, I don't know, it isnt right though.

Maybe i do have m4D 5k1ll5!!! as you put it, but as i said in my post i haven't put my combative skill with a weapoon up against anyone. I see no reason to as the more weapons you use increases the likeliness of death by accident or by anger.

What weapon? A gun? Knife?

No just a moron.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dangerous55 on 2004-05-06 21:18 ]</font>

KaFKa
May 7, 2004, 03:45 AM
On 2004-05-06 21:16, Dangerous55 wrote:

WIKIPEDIA:

Antisocial personality disorder (APD) is a personality disorder listed in the DSM-IV. It is generally considered to be the same as, or similar to, the disorder that was previously known as psychopathic or sociopathic personality disorder.

Deceitfulness, as indicated by repeated lying, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure
Irritability and aggression, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults
Lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another.

i just thought this needed to be said again.

DurakkenX
May 7, 2004, 04:34 AM
Cops as in street cops and such are hardly necesarry and they are trained. As i said by regular citizens guns are not needed...cops are not regular citizens

once again...someone asked..i explained simple as that.

Yet again the asnwer is in the post as before. You can't stay away from someone that comes up from behind or that you percieve no threat from. and as far as built that was my mistake what i meant is ussually unhealthy and wanting only your money or something they can pawn.

WIKIPEDIA:

look at dictionary.com which is the most accepted and current version of the usage of the word.

sociopath = One who is affected with a personality disorder marked by antisocial behavior.

psychopath = A person with an antisocial personality disorder, manifested in aggressive, perverted, criminal, or amoral behavior without empathy or remorse.

IE the difference is one knows right from wrong and either doesn't care or doesn't wish to deal with the non-sensical and trivial moral beliefs the other does not.

once AGAIN read the thread..i was just making an off topic comment wihin all the babbling in curiosity of something and someone said BS to it happening and this was just to tell them it was...and yes it did hurt quite a bit and i'm pretty sure that time it was not movig that fast or that it did get a direct hit, but it did hurt like mother fucker.

I can control myself holding a gun. It's just the only point that i will ever have to deal with that situation is if i ever join the military which i will not and even if i did i would be diagnosed with mental a disturbtion of some sort or another and be honorably discharged.

And no I don't think you have to shoot people if you have a gun, but if you have to have a gun then you should have someone to shoot. Otherwise it completely iradicates the purpose. BTW i'm more or less simply making fun of you're stupidity in the comment...You can't shoot people without a gun now can ya? so there for i need the gun to shoot you

*sigh* You do not know how to read sarcasm do you? I can not know my skill level without pitting myself against another can I. I just said in show I am pretty good with a few weapons. I fight hand to hand when i fight.

And yet again you show your stupidity along the same track...no only did you try to insult me but you tried to do it with an already stupid question. So to clear up for those who can't understand what i mean by regular citizen i'll list what isn't: Cops, military, gang members, criminals. No one else needs a gun.

PS Kafka...if you are not going to do anything but repost what someone else said with out any sort of reply...why bother at all...besides showing a total lack of creativity and ability to think for your self you prove nothing accept that you can waste space

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DurakkenX on 2004-05-07 02:37 ]</font>

AquaFlare7
May 7, 2004, 04:53 AM
I've been reading this topic for a good while now, seeing new posts everytime I log in. So the debate is that using guns are cowardly? Wow you guys are missing a big point. that is an OPINION. to force your opinion on someone else would not only be rude but uncalled for. Personally I believe it is far from cowardly, and to every man his own. Arguing is just going to waste their time, your time, and space on the forums. Now since we have that covered, I will comment on my own opinion.

accoring to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, cowardly implies a weak or ignoble lack of courage. It is my belief that it takes courage to point a gun directly at another human being, and I gaurantee you that if you break into my house and I catch you that there will be a coward, but that coward will not be me.

Now, let's just take the side of someone who does however believe that guns are a cowardly tool. I have one thing to say, and that is in general
, cowards live longer. Now ladies and gentleman, it is time for me to actually get some sleep.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AquaFlare7 on 2004-05-07 02:57 ]</font>

Ness
May 7, 2004, 06:01 AM
On 2004-05-06 20:50, DurakkenX wrote:

Yeah dude, let's not have cops around! Let's let rapists and muggers get away scot-free because there aren't any people to report their actions to! Seriously, cops do more than put people in jail and participate in high-speed car chases.

Still, your story has no value.

Chivalry..i adhere to the code of chivalry even though most if not all those who said they did did not.

That's not what you said in your last post.

Most of the time you are approached from behind. I was approached by a group that I had walked by and through and around many times and never been touched..There were at least 10...and they had two cars...that make around 20 forgive my rounding..If they don't have a weapon to begin with. why give them one? Are you too pussy to handle 3 people with your fists especially when most muggers are not built. Guns just add to your chance of dieing and if you have one more than likely you will die by that gun.

Like punching out 3 guys is going to make all the other people run away. If anything, that will just piss them off even more. Now if you fire a gun and kill one of them, some will stay, but most will run away and I doubt someone will try to take it from you.

Oh yeah, you're such a sociopath. That's why you're making up stories about the art of killing people on an internet forum.

Yes, but the things you mentioned are virtually weightless. Besides, you'd probably be dead if you got hit my something that heavy going that fast.

How do you know how good you are if you ahve never tested it out?

Or atleast a pathological liar.

KaFKa
May 7, 2004, 07:01 AM
On 2004-05-07 02:34, DurakkenX wrote:
Cops as in street cops and such are hardly necesarry and they are trained. As i said by regular citizens guns are not needed...cops are not regular citizens

okay, so those cops that keep the peace and are the only reason msot cities dont fall into chaos are utterly useless and dont have a point whatsoever http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Yet again the asnwer is in the post as before. You can't stay away from someone that comes up from behind or that you percieve no threat from. and as far as built that was my mistake what i meant is ussually unhealthy and wanting only your money or something they can pawn.

...i lost you on the second focus change...

look at dictionary.com which is the most accepted and current version of the usage of the word.

sociopath = One who is affected with a personality disorder marked by antisocial behavior.

psychopath = A person with an antisocial personality disorder, manifested in aggressive, perverted, criminal, or amoral behavior without empathy or remorse.

IE the difference is one knows right from wrong and either doesn't care or doesn't wish to deal with the non-sensical and trivial moral beliefs the other does not.

*sigh* you really dont have a clue how to think in modern terms, conan.

once AGAIN read the thread..i was just making an off topic comment wihin all the babbling in curiosity of something and someone said BS to it happening and this was just to tell them it was...and yes it did hurt quite a bit and i'm pretty sure that time it was not movig that fast or that it did get a direct hit, but it did hurt like mother fucker.

yeah, and shot from a metal bat to my head hurt like a bitch too, that doesent mean its a lethal projectile like you make it out to be

I can control myself holding a gun. It's just the only point that i will ever have to deal with that situation is if i ever join the military which i will not and even if i did i would be diagnosed with mental a disturbtion of some sort or another and be honorably discharged.

again, focus your not-so psyco babbling.

whoop-ee-doo, you can go into the military and get honorably discharged. the same would happen to me if i ever wanted to go into the forces, that doesent make me any better than the next guy...

And no I don't think you have to shoot people if you have a gun, but if you have to have a gun then you should have someone to shoot. Otherwise it completely iradicates the purpose.

oh sure, i have a gun, and its there so that if i ever have to, i can pull it out and defend myself. oh yeah, theres no point in that whatsoever, im so worthless http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

BTW i'm more or less simply making fun of you're stupidity in the comment...You can't shoot people without a gun now can ya? so there for i need the gun to shoot you

...gramar man, grammar

*sigh* You do not know how to read sarcasm do you?

[insert quote of how difficult it is to convey sarcasm over the internet here]

I can not know my skill level without pitting myself against another can I. I just said in show I am pretty good with a few weapons. I fight hand to hand when i fight.

yeah, i can beat the holy fuck out of people with my bare hands too, but thats not the point now is it? if youre so uber 1337 then why fight? the first thing every martial arts sensei will tell you is this:

"You learn how to fight so you dont have to"

And yet again you show your stupidity along the same track...no only did you try to insult me but you tried to do it with an already stupid question. So to clear up for those who can't understand what i mean by regular citizen i'll list what isn't: Cops, military, gang members, criminals. No one else needs a gun.

so, by your working, the general populace can be terrorized even more by those gun-toting criminals. pfft.

PS Kafka...if you are not going to do anything but repost what someone else said with out any sort of reply...why bother at all...besides showing a total lack of creativity and ability to think for your self you prove nothing accept that you can waste space

wow, trying to act smart with a flame thrown in. how origonal. please, if you want to flame, do it in the pms, i'll be happy to have a fun little argument with your "superior" intellect http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

DurakkenX
May 7, 2004, 07:17 AM
I've made perfect and logical sense with every post it is just that you are set in your ways and twisting every word i don't say into something else i didn't say. Hard to argue against someone who is being listened to simply for having more posts when they are not reading the post in the first place either that or they choose to be ignorant.

So with that i give up with the fact that with everything said and done the only thing I've accompished is stay off my boredom for a couple hours.

Oh and I didn't flame just pointing out the obvious. congratulations on your first post

DarthFomar
May 7, 2004, 07:25 AM
Dang.....I never knew crack heads could read {let alone write *or in this case type}.

Dude, guy, man, dog, bro http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ...DurakkenX, without Cops....ummm you may not be alive right now. I am sure somewhere along the lines a cop has put away a burglar that would have probably invaded your home {so this robber and the cop would have to have lived in the same area as you *at some point in your life*} and killed you and your family *and for what, to steal a few measily goods*. Or I am sure something or someone else has threatened your life...if you did not thwart this threat then some kind of authority figure DID. Do you get my drift, or is it still to warm in here.

So, you see...cops SAVE lives, they are certainly more welcome in this world than a bunch of thugs that have nothing better to do than bully ppl *and in some cases kill them*. If I was a cop I would feel a little unappreciated right now. Kind of like the whole "When someone says there's no honor in dying in battle, it's like spitting on a dead soldier's grave" thing. You are pretty much dishonoring their name.

You should really think about what you are going to say before posting....if not for your sake, then for the rest of us {b'cuz then ppl would not....have a tendancy to fly down your throat, nor you theirs}.

Brainstorm on what your points and views, pros and cons, etc, etc will be about {do not just blabber on about something}. Do not go and try to immpress ppl by making up some lame *story, experience, or whatever*. If you need to tell a lie, uhhh {well then don't....please}. Again....contemplate what you are going to post about, the next time you post. It will make your life and everyone elses a lot easier. And remember, proof read your post, then edit anything that is *typo-d*. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

KodiaX987
May 7, 2004, 07:29 AM
Jesus Mary Joseph, this is ridiculous.

DurakkenX, I think it's about time we tell you to

http://www.geocities.com/mistertabarnak/stfu.txt

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KodiaX987 on 2004-05-07 05:31 ]</font>

DarthFomar
May 7, 2004, 07:42 AM
Talk about SUBTLE....Kodiax............ummmm I think they will prolly take that off. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

KaFKa
May 7, 2004, 07:46 AM
On 2004-05-07 05:29, KodiaX987 wrote:
Jesus Mary Joseph, this is ridiculous.

DurakkenX, I think it's about time we tell you to

http://www.geocities.com/mistertabarnak/stfu.txt

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KodiaX987 on 2004-05-07 05:31 ]</font>

i was looking for that link, but you beat me to it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DarthFomar
May 7, 2004, 07:59 AM
It may be funny *to some ppl, but some may take offense* but it is a little harsh...don't ya think. And it is also a little rude...of course ****he may deserve it, he may not**** I am not the judge...but I do know that I would go hide in a corner if I was to check the replys to my post and see that thing in my face... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

May the f be with you... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
Interpret the last part which everway you want...but only I know the true meaning http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

{Edit: DF} I almost forgot the smiley... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2004-05-07 06:02 ]</font>

DurakkenX
May 7, 2004, 08:57 AM
Don't you just love when idiots, yes you kodiax, post something like STFU when you, right above their post said you weren't gonna say anything more?

About cops, I highly hardly doubt that a cop EVER saved anyone of my familly in recent years in any way shape or form. Not to say cops in other places aren't better, but around here no. Cops are only needed truly for you to feel safe and to watch those who we have deemed worthy to be thrown into jail, most of which do not belong. They are only really necesarry when a person decides to get one of those almighty guns and shoot others. Other than that they are as bad as gangs but they are supported by the government. The jails are what are really what keeps crime down not cops. The only needed use for cops is for them to go and pick them up. They know the risks and are trained and do stuff mainly in a group.

And just so you don't twist what i said with what someone else said

cops are no more needed than a fence around an angery dog, becausethat is all they are for.

And that is EXACTLY what I just restated in a long ass paragraph because someone doesn't no how to read properly. Cops are there to watch criminals like fences are there to hold in angery dogs.

Anyways as I said above. I'm not posting anymore on this topic because it's stupid to begin with and I'm the only reason people keep postin in it so buh bye thread

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DurakkenX on 2004-05-07 07:00 ]</font>

Hrith
May 7, 2004, 09:00 AM
On 2004-05-07 06:57, DurakkenX wrote:
Anyways as I said above. I'm not posting anymore on this topic because it's stupid to begin with and I'm the only reason people keep postin in it so buh bye thread
well, your utter ignorance in the matter you discuss is amusing, don't blame us.

DarthFomar
May 7, 2004, 09:15 AM
Newsflash ppl....cops are here to UPHOLD the law. That is what they have always been about {they are a crucial part of our Justice system}. Of course there's also Internal Affairs, DEA, FBI, etc, etc, blah blah blah. I do not see the fences beating off dogs...let alone keeping them in *just about every dog has escaped his fence once, or twice, or even possibly everyday of their lives*. So whoever said that...deserves a nice molded cookie...here ya go...good boy. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Cops are protectors, fighters, and beat sticks. So be thankful they even exist, b'cuz if they didn't...lets just say **Bubba** has little patience to put up a fight tonight. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2004-05-07 07:17 ]</font>

Bradicus
May 7, 2004, 10:53 AM
The jails are what are really what keeps crime down not cops. The only needed use for cops is for them to go and pick them up. They know the risks and are trained and do stuff mainly in a group.

Yes.
The bow is useless, it's the arrow that does the killing http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

About cops, I highly hardly doubt that a cop EVER saved anyone of my familly in recent years in any way shape or form. Not to say cops in other places aren't better, but around here no. Cops are only needed truly for you to feel safe

It is people like you that claimed god threw lightning bolts at the earth. Ask yourself: why do you feel safe?
Without police, there would be killing and looting EVERYWHERE. why? Because no one would stop it. Police exist to stop criminals from preying on the innocent, and since they do such a good job, 90% of the would-be criminals never get up the courage to commit a crime. The police are needed to suppress the 90% and capture the 10%. The point is, without cops on the street, the 90% would not be suppressed ie chaos.

and to watch those who we have deemed worthy to be thrown into jail, most of which do not belong.

despite what you have seen on TV, the legal system actually works. A far (about three hundred times) more common occurance is when a guilty person escapes justice.
By the way, do you assume that all criminals wear "BAD GUY" signs? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif cops also exist to stop crimes before they happen.

They are only really necesarry when a person decides to get one of those almighty guns and shoot others. Other than that they are as bad as gangs but they are supported by the government.
never has one person said so much to prove so little.

oeagrus
May 7, 2004, 11:26 AM
Durraken et all,
believe it or not, the police are the SECOND line of defense when it comes to protecting my family. If someone tries breaking in my front door, I'm going to call the police. BUT in the 2-3 minutes it'll take for their response, it is MY RESPONSIBILITY to protect my family. In 2-3 minutes, the intruder could murder everyone in the house and leave.

So since it it MY RESPONSIBILITY to protect my family, and since I am the FIRST line of defense for them, I have a shotgun. And I guarantee you, if you hear me cock that thing, you're going to think twice about breaking into my home.

Now, out on the streets it's a different story. You've got to be smart. Travel in groups, don't go down dark alleys, and all the stuff you mom should've taught you.

Scejntjynahl
May 7, 2004, 11:30 AM
Fine guns are more powerful, usefull, destructive, whatever. It is not the weapon that worries me at all. A gun, knife, sword, whatever will not harm me on its own. My failed point is, we do the harm. Even if weapons did not exist, we would use our hands. The desire to harm is what worries me, not the weapons.

Dangerous55
May 7, 2004, 12:03 PM
Don't you just love when idiots, yes you kodiax, post something like STFU when you, right above their post said you weren't gonna say anything more?

About cops, I highly hardly doubt that a cop EVER saved anyone of my familly in recent years in any way shape or form. Not to say cops in other places aren't better, but around here no. Cops are only needed truly for you to feel safe and to watch those who we have deemed worthy to be thrown into jail, most of which do not belong. They are only really necesarry when a person decides to get one of those almighty guns and shoot others. Other than that they are as bad as gangs but they are supported by the government. The jails are what are really what keeps crime down not cops. The only needed use for cops is for them to go and pick them up. They know the risks and are trained and do stuff mainly in a group.

And just so you don't twist what i said with what someone else said

cops are no more needed than a fence around an angery dog, becausethat is all they are for.

And that is EXACTLY what I just restated in a long ass paragraph because someone doesn't no how to read properly. Cops are there to watch criminals like fences are there to hold in angery dogs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DurakkenX on 2004-05-07 07:00 ]</font>

You are a moron.

I was going to quote your post like I did before but it is just a waste.

Without police, there is ANARCHY.

Do you think 100% of crime is gun-related? Crime does not exist because of guns.

You think cops are useless, but you think prisons are great. Well, who will put the men in the prisons?

You are one stupid mother fucker, and learn to type or English or something.

Scejntjynahl
May 7, 2004, 12:22 PM
Another thing I dont understand, is the need to flame bait in this thread. Its rants, and we all have our opinions. Granted some are worded better than others, but why the need to jump down each others throat?

KodiaX987
May 7, 2004, 12:31 PM
Because the idiocy was rampant and Dangerous55 and I are allergic to it.

navci
May 7, 2004, 12:32 PM
http://schizo.skewed-reality.com/kthxbye.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: navi on 2004-05-07 13:54 ]</font>

Dangerous55
May 7, 2004, 12:49 PM
On 2004-05-07 10:31, KodiaX987 wrote:
Because the idiocy was rampant and Dangerous55 and I are allergic to it.

Right.

Sometimes people have to be flamed, or slapped.

Scejntjynahl
May 7, 2004, 01:14 PM
I thought it was the moderator's duties to "warn" people who were not following the rules of psow. Why do some feel they "have" correct others. Granted, when someone starts a comment with flame, most likely they will get flame. But if your voicing your opinion, as dumb as it may sound, it is just an opinion... will that also get "slapped"?

Dangerous55
May 7, 2004, 01:23 PM
On 2004-05-07 11:14, Furankunichan wrote:
I thought it was the moderator's duties to "warn" people who were not following the rules of psow. Why do some feel they "have" correct others. Granted, when someone starts a comment with flame, most likely they will get flame. But if your voicing your opinion, as dumb as it may sound, it is just an opinion... will that also get "slapped"?

Well I am voicing my opinion that he is a moron.

AquaFlare7
May 7, 2004, 01:29 PM
On 2004-05-07 10:22, Furankunichan wrote:
Another thing I dont understand, is the need to flame bait in this thread. Its rants, and we all have our opinions. Granted some are worded better than others, but why the need to jump down each others throat?

Furankunichan gets my point
> Everybody

Scejntjynahl
May 7, 2004, 01:32 PM
On 2004-05-07 11:23, Dangerous55 wrote:

On 2004-05-07 11:14, Furankunichan wrote:

Well I am voicing my opinion that he is a moron.

True. Checkmate. I will no longer press the matter.

Ness
May 7, 2004, 03:37 PM

He didn't force you to come back and say something.

Well if you don't have cops then you need some organization to enforce the law. EWithout law enforcement, there is anarchy.

In other words, you give up, making D55, Kafka, Kodia, and I the winners.

Bradicus
May 7, 2004, 04:01 PM
I beat you all to the punch this time >_>

Guntz348
May 7, 2004, 04:39 PM
Good job guys, you killed it. Hey looks like guns do come in handy after all.