PDA

View Full Version : GC: Faster Hunting...

PJ
May 3, 2004, 01:54 PM
I've been wondering what's faster...

Awhile ago, I asked where I should hunt for Red Mechguns, Purplenum or Whitill: In the end, it was Whitill.

Now, starting my hunt again, (Well, I started again about a week ago) I want to know what would be faster.

Seek My Master has the most Merlans in an offline quest. But it takes my HUnewearl a bit to get to Ruins 2, where most, if not all, the Merlans are.

Now, Retired Hunter, has the most of their Merlans within the first 3 rooms. Only problem is, there is only 6 Merlans -_-

I want to know what would be faster, getting to Ruins 2 with the Merlan treasure or 6 fast Merlans.

Another bit of research I did, on Housoka's data, both the Merlan and the Del-D:

Have the same drop anything rate
Have the same rarity for Red mechs (Purple vs White)

And since the quest with the most Del-Ds has more Del-Ds than the quest with the most Merlans has Merlans (Retired Hunter vs Seek my Master), I was rethinking about the Section ID I should hunt with. The biggest thing for me is that my Purplenum character can storm through Retired Hunter, since he's level 142, and my HUnewearl does it... slower... at level 94.

Suggestions?

Dragon_Ash
May 3, 2004, 02:02 PM
well the retired hunter is fairly quick since the merlans are in the 5th and 6th rooms accompanied by del-d, though there are around 50-60 merlans in a ruins 1 > ruins 3 run... i'd suggest normal ruins runs if not then maybe seek my master

i tried retired hunter for a meteor cudgel from del-d only to get 2 after 50 or so runs.. and 100 or so runs later i did not get a spread needle until i did normal ruins runs... there's not that much experience in retired hunter if you only do those particular rooms...

PJ
May 3, 2004, 02:05 PM
Yeah, given the speed and such of Purplenum hunting, it'd make sense for me to use my Purplenum, right?

Only problem is, Whitill gets a lot of excellent rares in Ruins also @_@ And I want her to level up.

And the reason I don't want to do regular runs is that there's just too many Arlans, less focus on Merlans/Del-D

Zelgadis
May 3, 2004, 02:09 PM
Stick with whitill...on top of the r. mechs you get meteor cudgels, rico glasses and earrings, perfect resists, hand gun: gulds *coughs* Like a Sorc will ever give one of them up. But you never know. He did drop me a PD the other day. And whatever the Dark gunners drop. Dunno cause I never got anything from them. Cheap bastards.

Dragon_Ash
May 3, 2004, 02:14 PM
well then i'd select whitill since they have great drops, unless you want a spread needle and gaurdianna with purpe...

that way with whitill, you'll gain exp and have a chance to get some good rare also

PJ
May 3, 2004, 02:17 PM
Well, Purplenum I've already gotten Spread Needle (15/0/0/30/35, something like that, I can't remember since I traded it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) and 3 Guardianna's (It really isn't a hard drop @_@)

So I guess Whitill runs...

So now to the first point in my post:

Retired Hunter, Seek my Master (Those 2 options preferred) or *Gulp* Regular runs...

Dragon_Ash
May 3, 2004, 02:27 PM
then try doing seek my master runs to gain some exp and an equal chance of getting multiple rares, and once you've got enough confidence try normal ruins runs... plus there are over 20 merlans in that quest alone http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

PJ
May 3, 2004, 06:00 PM
Ugh, I just did 2 full Retired Hunters with nothing to show but my 4th Guardianna and my bajillionth Mahu. x_x

Dragon_Ash
May 3, 2004, 06:48 PM
well.. good luck, i'm sure they'll drop eventually.. i've just gotten my ramarl to the ruins so i'll start looking for the red mechs soon

PJ
May 3, 2004, 07:47 PM
Heh, competing to find the mechs first >=D

2 more runs, 1 more Mahu -_-

Dragon_Ash
May 3, 2004, 08:00 PM
i'd rather get teh 9000M, but whichever comes first is fine by me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

PJ
May 3, 2004, 08:09 PM
Bah. Red Mechies are cooler =3

I'm saving the 9000m for my RAmarl http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Dragon_Ash
May 3, 2004, 08:13 PM
twin uzi + rifle range + added SE = ownage

mechs + red paint = red mechs XP

PJ
May 4, 2004, 08:23 AM
ARGH!!!

I'll repeat myself...

Both Merlans and Del-D's have the same Drop anything Rate (35%)...

In Purlenum, both their weapons have the same drop rate (Spread Needle vs Red Mechguns, 1/901)...

In Retired Hunter, there are 18 Del-Ds, and only 7 Merlans...

So WHY did i find another Spread Needle instead of my Red Mechs?!! >_< In the exact same room I found my first one too! >_<

And don't be going on about how good the Spread Needle is... I know how "Good" it is... atleast it'll be something for my RAcast to toy around with until I get my Red Mechguns/I play my RAmarl enough so she has enough ATA

EDIT: Bah. to that. Reconfirmation of how crappy Spread Needle is on an Android ranger. =/

Only time I used it a lot is when I got M&Y out... but the Baranz Launcher still owned Spread Needle in terms of overall usefullness.

Especially against the Gol Dragon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2004-05-04 07:37 ]</font>