PDA

View Full Version : Fast Fast exp without recoboxing?

Mist
May 3, 2004, 05:09 PM
Firstly - Recoboxing.. Boring. never tried it, bear that in mind and you'll see why I'm posting.

I always stuck to LHS for levelling up characters that i really wanted in ULT fast, and didn't want to play the levels over and over (having played since DC V1 they become a little tired)

Tonight I have been playing the first level of TTF on minimum kill - You kill 3 enemies - A Hildebear, a Booma and the Dragon. My fastest time has been 3.35 mins from quest start to quitting the quest (telepipe out of C3 then guild)

So, at the moment I'm playing V.Hard and getting around 8500 exp per 3.35 mins.

Is this fast? Is this new? And is this quicker than recoboxing?

Please don't answer this thread with "What's recoboxing". It's not a secret, but I'm not going to tell you.

Ta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mist on 2004-05-03 15:13 ]</font>

VysetheLegend
May 3, 2004, 05:14 PM
I would say TTF would be the most effective way to level. Recoboxing is boring and too boring for me to ever do.

It depends on what character you have. For example, a FOnewm that can cast some quick Rafoie and kill lots of Boomas or other enemies quickly, then it would be a good idea and take that extra minute or two and kill all the enemies. If you are a very strong Ranger or Hunter that can do it pretty fast then do it.

Otherwise I would reccommend going through Caves Boss too, unless your not strong enough.

Siris
May 3, 2004, 05:32 PM
Just play the game, you'll level. Recoboxing is for losers.

Mist
May 3, 2004, 05:35 PM
Cheers,

It is really quick to get to the caves boss also, but it takes much longer to kill him at my level - once you can slice through the enemies like butter (or have some people in the game) it's just not worth going max kill - By the time I finish off all the boomas I could have killed the dragon again! Or killed him a few times over by the time it takes me to naiul the worm. (Oh, and he hits me hard and i don't like that..)

Once I am tough enough, I'll go minimum kill all the way - I like to play the game, but the bosses are where the exp is. Once i get to Ult I'll go back to messing around in the Forest, and venture into Ep2.

The question is - On Very Hard, is it possible to get 8500 exp in less than 3.35 (I may do it faster as I level up, so generally..)

Ta.

Mist
May 3, 2004, 05:36 PM
Thanks Siris - Did you even bother to read the post?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mist on 2004-05-03 15:37 ]</font>

Mist
May 3, 2004, 05:56 PM
VysetheLegend - You are right.

i've just tried a few times, taking out the spare meat in the second room - It's not that long to do and it does bump up the exp nicely. The first room is still too bitty to take out without geting surrounded at my level, and I'm a HUcast - Freeze traps can help, but I'm into speed here..

KingChaos
May 3, 2004, 06:09 PM
yes my cousin does that just killing dragon with his mate

i find that its not fun(why play when not fun eh)

Siris
May 3, 2004, 07:53 PM
On 2004-05-03 15:36, Mist wrote:
Thanks Siris - Did you even bother to read the post?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mist on 2004-05-03 15:37 ]</font>

Why yes, I did actually bother to read your post or I wouldn't have replied in the first place. I stand by what I said. Play the game. It's simple really. There is plenty of EXP offline and plenty in the online quests, not just TTF. It all boils down to how you want to get the EXP. I don't even bother going for fast EXP...that's just no fun to me and like I said prior, recoboxing is for losers. I actually like to play the game, search for certain items for myself and my friends, do different quests, and play offline. The EXP is all there is my point. It's all in how you want to play to get it. eg. I get comparable EXP from an offline Seabed and online TTF.

VysetheLegend
May 3, 2004, 08:42 PM
No, see you didn't really READ his post. He wants to get to ULT because he has been through the leveling up stage, and just wants another character to ULT. I may not agree with him, but still as he asks...

Since you do best not killing all the enemies, then yes 8500 EXP in 3 and a half minutes is excellent.

3v1L19
May 3, 2004, 09:45 PM
On 2004-05-03 15:14, VysetheLegend wrote:
I would say TTF would be the most effective way to level. Recoboxing is boring and too boring for me to ever do.

It depends on what character you have. For example, a FOnewm that can cast some quick Rafoie and kill lots of Boomas or other enemies quickly, then it would be a good idea and take that extra minute or two and kill all the enemies. If you are a very strong Ranger or Hunter that can do it pretty fast then do it.

Otherwise I would reccommend going through Caves Boss too, unless your not strong enough.

You people make it sound as if you have to manually stand there and press that btuton all night long. People who recobox simply buy the controller and set it up with a few rubber bands, and it will play all night long with 41 Exp per hit for human, 82 exp per hit for a robot. Simple as that, as fasr as loser goes for that maybe not perhaps someone who doesnt like to go through all those low levels but simply wants to speed up the proccess to eighty becuase they have too much of a life to play all day long to level up a little.

Asia_Skyly
May 3, 2004, 10:56 PM
As far as I can tell, what you are doing is the fastest way to level. I do not think is a new idea either. However, I cannot think of anything faster. It is certainly not the easiest (recoboxing is) but it is probably comparable in speed. I gotten multiple characters to 80 in an average of 20 some hours/char with TTF. I was not even trying your method, which might prove to be almost as effective. Usually I just go through the entire quest using the minimum approach.

I recall a conversation once with a recoboxer and they claim to get somewhere around 300K/hr with an android. Your approach is comparable experience wise.

Of course all this power leveling at times seems to be counter productive to the game. As such, power leveling and even the all mighty TTF grows old. The sad part is that on the Xbox, since they installed this quest, it is almost impossible to find a game, just a game, where people are playing just to have fun.

In a way, I miss the days before drop charts and TTF, when we used to play not knowing anything but that getting to falz would be a ton of experience and a lot of work.

Siris
May 4, 2004, 08:02 AM
On 2004-05-03 19:45, 3v1L19 wrote:

On 2004-05-03 15:14, VysetheLegend wrote:

You people make it sound as if you have to manually stand there and press that btuton all night long. People who recobox simply buy the controller and set it up with a few rubber bands, and it will play all night long with 41 Exp per hit for human, 82 exp per hit for a robot. Simple as that, as fasr as loser goes for that maybe not perhaps someone who doesnt like to go through all those low levels but simply wants to speed up the proccess to eighty becuase they have too much of a life to play all day long to level up a little.

Dood, seems you're suggesting that only people who recobox have lives. ROFL *dingdingding* That was the funniest thing I've read this week! You win!

Mist
May 4, 2004, 01:49 PM
Everybody - Many thanks for your posts.

There is no fun in leveling for levellings sake - I'm just trying to get a collection of ID's into ultimate - That way when I do play for fun I can mix it up a little, and find some new rares - I'm sure you can understand that.

I agree with all who say that it's about playing - Check out my join date and you will see how long I've been in this for - People with way less time playing will know every map variation and monster spawn - Sometimes you just want to get there fast.

EN4 anyone?

Asia_Skyly
May 4, 2004, 01:52 PM
I understand your feelings exactly. I am guilty of the same thing, power leveling. It is sad, however, that while we know that TTF is a means to an end, it can become a way of life. When this happens, the game goes down the tubes, fast.

VysetheLegend
May 4, 2004, 03:09 PM
I used to do TTF online by myself to level to finally complete my IDs on ULT, but now whenever people want to play TTF I just quick because it gets boring fast and you don't get the best rares usually.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mist
May 4, 2004, 03:11 PM
11076 in 6 minutes - Very hard TTF F1 only.
Took VysetheLegend's advice and cleaned out all the meat.

End of thread, thanks again guys.

saberwolf5522
May 5, 2004, 06:00 PM
Whats TTF? Is it a quest? Is it good to do TTF on hard mode for leveling a lvl 30?

MysticDan
May 5, 2004, 07:42 PM
what is TTF...is it an online quest?

Liquid_Bacon
May 5, 2004, 08:27 PM
"TTF" is short for "Towards The Future", an online quest in which you fight a couple enemies and all four Episode 1 bosses in a period of about 15 minutes. As you can imagine, there is hoards of experience to be had from playing this quest over and over.

Cyger
May 5, 2004, 08:57 PM
To me, I don't "level up". I just keep playing until I get to Ultimate Seabed then constantly play it till I can beat Olga Flow or spend my time leveling up while I do my rare hunting, which is good enough for me. Leveling up just to make your character stronger is dull and boring. Just play the game, you don't have to have an superb character to have fun. Heck, it's sometimes entertaining to watch yourself get mauled by Claws in Ultimate ^.^