PDA

View Full Version : any word on PSOBB U.S.?

Sesshoumaru
May 4, 2004, 11:47 AM
anyone know if pso blue burst will come out in the U.S? it looks really cool i wanna play it!

VioletSkye
May 4, 2004, 11:54 AM
ATM, I believe its JP only, but it doesn't matter since anyone can download it next month and play. If you are on dialup though, you may not want to bother playing. The Official BB site has stated that you will want at least a 256kbps connection to play.

Dhylec
May 4, 2004, 01:00 PM
you are new here, but please look around the forum a bit before making a new topic
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=81174&forum=1&62

Inuyasha777
May 5, 2004, 01:36 AM
Just saying hi from a fellow Inuyasha fan.

by the way what is PSOBB

Guntz348
May 5, 2004, 02:33 AM
On 2004-05-04 23:36, Inuyasha777 wrote:
Just saying hi from a fellow Inuyasha fan.

by the way what is PSOBB

PSOBB is PSO Blue Burst, the new PC version of the game. It's bassically ep I and II with a few new bells and whistles.

Para
May 5, 2004, 06:53 AM
I have a feeling that pso bb will be a jpn exclusive thing... sorta like pso plus at the moment.

Balbarei
May 5, 2004, 07:12 AM
thank god that i just got 8mbit/s internet connection http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

hope the trial is in english also http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rain_1
May 5, 2004, 10:06 AM
The way i see it, everything is server-sided now. So, the level 20 limit will be something that the server will be controlling. If you're past that level, login denied.

Since apparently, the only thing you have to pay for is the hunter's license, I believe the 21st download is going to be the full game download (i could be wrong, but i don't think i am), and all you need to do to play it online after level 20 is input a valid hunters license. IF you stop paying your hunter's license and you are above level 20, the server will just block your login again.

Again, that's how I think the system will work. I could be wrong, but i don't really see why.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Because.. you see... there's not really a price for the game. Only the special versions that will come later.. and if you check them out.. they have a FREE 30 days gameplay... how much do they cost? the exact same amount as the monthly fee.. 1210 yens with taxes or something. You're actually buying the game AND 30 days of online gameplay. No game is that cheap.

Also, since when demo versions of the game come out before the game?

Another thing that i think that makes my opinions pretty much correct is that asian people are the people that most release MMORPGs now days. And just look at the majority of them: free downloads, monthly fee for playing. That's a system that's really successfull now days.

I personally think sega is doing some sort of experience into the MMORPG for pcs area (like RO), with free clients and monthly fee (because, really, we know that monthly fees is what makes money).

just my 2cents

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rain_1 on 2004-05-05 08:11 ]</font>

Para
May 5, 2004, 11:59 AM
On 2004-05-05 08:06, Rain_1 wrote:
The way i see it, everything is server-sided now. So, the level 20 limit will be something that the server will be controlling. If you're past that level, login denied.

Since apparently, the only thing you have to pay for is the hunter's license, I believe the 21st download is going to be the full game download (i could be wrong, but i don't think i am), and all you need to do to play it online after level 20 is input a valid hunters license. IF you stop paying your hunter's license and you are above level 20, the server will just block your login again.

Again, that's how I think the system will work. I could be wrong, but i don't really see why.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Because.. you see... there's not really a price for the game. Only the special versions that will come later.. and if you check them out.. they have a FREE 30 days gameplay... how much do they cost? the exact same amount as the monthly fee.. 1210 yens with taxes or something. You're actually buying the game AND 30 days of online gameplay. No game is that cheap.

Also, since when demo versions of the game come out before the game?

Another thing that i think that makes my opinions pretty much correct is that asian people are the people that most release MMORPGs now days. And just look at the majority of them: free downloads, monthly fee for playing. That's a system that's really successfull now days.

I personally think sega is doing some sort of experience into the MMORPG for pcs area (like RO), with free clients and monthly fee (because, really, we know that monthly fees is what makes money).

just my 2cents

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rain_1 on 2004-05-05 08:11 ]</font>

i Dont think its going to block your login... That makes no sense... I mean just dont kill anything and u can stay online lol. I think that you dont gain any levels after level 20.. so any monsters you kill will result in 0 exp if you dont pay at lvl 20.

Rain_1
May 5, 2004, 12:26 PM
On 2004-05-05 09:59, Nites wrote:
i Dont think its going to block your login... That makes no sense... I mean just dont kill anything and u can stay online lol. I think that you dont gain any levels after level 20.. so any monsters you kill will result in 0 exp if you dont pay at lvl 20.

and how is that not killing anybody (thus, you can be online forever) different from being level 20, online, killing monsters and not leveling up?

what i said makes more sense than what you said.