PDA

View Full Version : Convince me

Link108
May 4, 2004, 12:24 PM
I am currently still playing PSO EP 1 & 2 for GC. But I was in a used game store and I found PSO Ep III for about $40, so I bought it. I read a review from Game Informer and they gave it an 8 out of 10 which with me anything over a 7 is worth playing, but I read it was a yugioh kind of game, and I could give a rats rear end about yugioh. So before I even pop the game in I want to know if its worth it, even dispite its yugioh based gameplay. Thanks.

Ash1ey
May 4, 2004, 01:16 PM
Yugioh and ep3 are totally different, both are card games but... nothing alike, its not a yugioh based game

Anywayys its really a great game. It has a very nice story (its more story driven then 1 & 2)Amazingly dramatic good soundtrack, and its something new. It was used so you should just put it in and try it, you can use your same hunters liscence from ep 1 and 2, so thats ep1 2 and 3 for 8.95. Alot of people ive seen that didnt like the idea of it bought it and then played and didnt like it at first, but then they started playing it for a while and learned how to fully play it and learned the rules, they really did like it. Its a great game with a good story, gameplay, and music.

Give it a shot http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Link108
May 6, 2004, 09:40 AM
Im going to try it but it better be as good as you say.

Orange_kid
May 6, 2004, 11:43 AM
lol and if it's not? don't be turned off by the card system. besides, you said you have bought it already. why wouldn't you play it if you already have it?

DruidMettool
May 7, 2004, 07:51 AM
IMO, Ep3 is better than 1+2. You can play at your own pace, and still be as good as everyone else. I left 1+2 because i couldn't keep up with all my friends' power-leveing and item-hunting habits. I was often outcasted because my play style on 1+2 is different (I am strictly Anti-mechgun)

Ep3 prevents all this needless choring. You can finally be able to play with your friends as equals. Ep3 is a great way to build friendships this way.

DarthFomar
May 7, 2004, 08:29 AM
I agree with the above post. My friends used to say "Y don't you have this...y are you so weak"...for some of us our lives aren't based on video games, and some of use play other games...so Ep. 3 really is a treat for friends and friends alike. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Link108
May 7, 2004, 12:52 PM
Well youve all convinced me to try it, so this saturday I'll give it a whirl, but even this web site said that 28.59 % of the votes say its yugioh.
See:
I shall play with pride and honor! 21.72 % (1030)
I don't even know what I am going yet! 5.67 % (269)
Play to win, baby! 8.98 % (426)
MACHINE Decks Rules 2.91 % (138)
Red Slime all the way! 3.04 % (144)
I have an ubersecret deck! 4.11 % (195)
What deck? 5.38 % (255)
Ep 3 is just Yugioh! 28.59 % (1356)
Ducktales oh oooh! 13.79 % (654)
I don't know how to build one! 5.82 % (276)

But I totally agree with equal play, I dont want to go online on Ep I & II cause I'm only a lv. 30 and I've seen lv. 100 and higher on the online pictures.

rena-ko
May 7, 2004, 01:10 PM
take in account that this vote is annonymous. annonymousity triggers the jerk in some individuals.

btw. imho. yugi-oh (the game, not the show) is better than ep3 anyway.

form your own opinion & have fun

Nai_Calus
May 7, 2004, 01:37 PM
Pokemon is better than Ep3. >_>;

No, really.

Mixfortune
May 7, 2004, 02:06 PM
Also be aware that in that vote there was no requirement stating that you actually have to had played the game. I wouldn't take much into consideration about that poll. True, there could be some who played it and voted for "it's like YuGiOh", but I would wager a great amount of people who do not like it and didn't even play it voted similarly.

Truth be told, you'd probably try it out anyways, since you already have it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Link00seven
May 7, 2004, 04:48 PM
Magic owns all card games...

*cough*

To be honest--Ep3 isnt like Yugioh personally speaking, but you can make your own judgement.

Link108
May 10, 2004, 12:12 PM
Im convinced... that this game... is a... one of a kind, kick @$$ game. I loved the graphics, sound, and gameplay. It took some getting used to but after my first match it got easier. My only gripe is that they didnt add any new character skins. Other than that, blew me away. Great game.

LINK

Para
May 10, 2004, 01:40 PM
On 2004-05-07 11:37, Ian-KunX wrote:

No, really.

Lol pokemon is a really good game. If you are talking about pokemon red and blue, they swamped the world with their own franchise. I mean if it wasn't a good game then Nintendo wouldn't have cashed on it so heavily.

Kanore
May 10, 2004, 03:09 PM
On 2004-05-07 11:37, Ian-KunX wrote:

No, really.

I agree; it's more well thought out and more fast paced.

The thing would still be up and running if they didn't show that tv series with the kid who gives away his Pokemon and expects to be a 'Master'.

Dralzz
May 11, 2004, 01:14 PM
Episode 3 is kinda like a cross between Advance Wars and Yugioh... It's a bit hard to explain, but it is a very good game.