PDA

View Full Version : Mag: HUnewearl

Zelgadis
May 4, 2004, 02:24 PM
What would a good mag be for the HUnewearl I made.

lain2k3
May 4, 2004, 02:37 PM
once again, try to be more specific.

but generally, 5/125/70/0 works.

SJ
May 4, 2004, 02:51 PM
No mind?????
coughnomindmayaswelluseHUmarcough

lain2k3
May 4, 2004, 02:54 PM
Hunewearls base MST surpasses their base ATP at later levels. There is absoluetly no need for mind on a hunney mag.

Zelgadis
May 4, 2004, 02:58 PM
Ok. Cause De rol le eats my new chars as appetizers.

iamfanboy
May 4, 2004, 03:00 PM
But... but...

HUnewearls wear short-shorts, and HUmars don't! (thank god)

And who likes short-shorts? I LIKE SHORT-SHORTS!!!

Back on topic, though, I use a 10/80/81/29 Ribhava for my HUnewearl, though I'm in the process of raising a Power/Dex Sato for her. Or it could be a Rati, but I likes invincibility more than S/D that I can cast on myself...

Weird thing, though; odd numbers on my mag's DEX stat round up. I have a 24/0/1/175 Soma for my FO, and it always gives her a measly +1 to ATA.... does it do that for y'all?

SJ
May 4, 2004, 03:05 PM
Oh sorry I forgot that a HUmar with bit of mind on is just as good http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

off topic >
Destroy ur useless HUnewearl and make a FO or a HUcast.
I hate the bitches.
*runs away before hateful HUnewearl cult kill me*

Zelgadis
May 4, 2004, 03:06 PM
True....which is why I have four female chars and two male chars. Though I'm quickly running out of character classes that are female. About All I have left is the HUcaseal and the FOmarl. But again thanks for the tip on mag raising. >.> I dun often raise mags...so a little help is much appreciated.

Rainbowlemon
May 4, 2004, 03:08 PM
I'm using a 5/90/105/0 Sato. The invincibility serves me well, and to boot, it's black http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

SJ
May 4, 2004, 03:11 PM
Use the FOmarl I hated them but thats cos I hate FOs and HUnewearls lol.
*puts glasses on fos and HUnewearl, smacks with baseball bat*
Thanks for ur wisdom antimony http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

iamfanboy
May 4, 2004, 03:11 PM
Minez gonna be black too ^_______^

As for my philosophy on male vs female characters... *points at signature*

Zelgadis
May 4, 2004, 03:23 PM
O.o; Yeah. I generally don't watch my chars shake thier keister. I worry about whats gonna walk up to me and make hurt. Though with Zel I kinda daze out and make things die, normally around the time I eat dinner....

SJ
May 4, 2004, 03:24 PM
they're all female cos
1. I've only met two females who play males.
2. Guys are perverts and just love to stare at a HUnewearls ass for hours.
Me?
I do niether
Play with who suits you best.
Not for who has a better ass sigh...

DezoPenguin
May 4, 2004, 03:25 PM
On 2004-05-04 13:00, iamfanboy wrote:
But... but...

HUnewearls wear short-shorts, and HUmars don't! (thank god)

And who likes short-shorts? I LIKE SHORT-SHORTS!!!

Back on topic, though, I use a 10/80/81/29 Ribhava for my HUnewearl, though I'm in the process of raising a Power/Dex Sato for her. Or it could be a Rati, but I likes invincibility more than S/D that I can cast on myself...

Weird thing, though; odd numbers on my mag's DEX stat round up. I have a 24/0/1/175 Soma for my FO, and it always gives her a measly +1 to ATA.... does it do that for y'all?

Yep.

Or, more accurately, it's giving you half a point of DEX. I have a suspicion that if you've just gained a point of ATA "naturally" upon leveling up, then you'll get 0 to her ATA. Gain a level or two and suddenly you're getting that extra +1. Is that the case?

iamfanboy
May 4, 2004, 03:29 PM
Well, I'm easily distracted http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Time to hand the mag over to my HU for the twins photon blast!

By the way, always give your mag Twins if you're going to play online. If not, twins is still one of the better PBs...

iamfanboy
May 4, 2004, 03:36 PM
To Dezo:

Unless I CONSTANTLY have a half-point of ATA that the mag is adding to, then I don't think that's the case. I kept track of it only specifically on my FO, mind you; but consistently through seven levels the mag gave me a +1 to ATA, and during that time I gained 3 points of ATA naturally. *looks a bit embarrassed* I dunno if it's important, but...

Ryu_4
May 4, 2004, 04:01 PM
wow some of you people are reallly wierd...why more than like 20 on dex??? i mean cmon if you have to have that much hit to play then it must take you a long time to kill something...my mags stats are 15/145/20/20 i mean cmon they already lose a bunch of mst...and about the base overcoming atp...why does that matter? its called shifta...it easily gives my hunewearl 300 atp...hmm what else oh why would you want mind? well when your character has over 1000 HP like mine does...it gets kinda of boring using resta twice to fully heal yourself...thesse are my thoughts http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zelgadis
May 4, 2004, 04:05 PM
Well....mind isn't really necessary later on. I found that out with my FOmar. Going melee and hitting things is more important.

1. Hurting things.
2. Hitting things.
3. Defending things.

Atleast thats my opinion.

Ryu_4
May 4, 2004, 04:09 PM
thats the thing for hunewearls...they were ment for
1. defense & evasion
2. Healing and support
3. doing heavy damage
unless your hacked hunewearls need their shifta and deband for boosted stats that allow them to equal or even be better then other classes...in a fight a hunewearl would eventually turn any other hunter into a pile of dust....you could never kill them because they heal tp way to fast and they have techs to kill droids...hunewearls rule

Zelgadis
May 4, 2004, 04:15 PM
I'm off-line solo alot.

Ryu_4
May 4, 2004, 05:07 PM
well still...if you get high lvls it really gets a hassle having to resta 2x to fully heal...but the only time i have to heal is in mines and ruins or last 2 lvls of ep2 cuz they dont do more then 30 damage to me anywhere else http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Siris
May 4, 2004, 05:30 PM
On 2004-05-04 12:54, lain2k3 wrote:
Hunewearls base MST surpasses their base ATP at later levels. There is absoluetly no need for mind on a hunney mag.

Absolutely. The mags I make for my HUne generally use 50-60 DEX and 135-145 POW...I don't add to her DEF.

Siris
May 4, 2004, 05:35 PM
On 2004-05-04 14:01, Ryu_4 wrote:
wow some of you people are reallly wierd...why more than like 20 on dex??? i mean cmon if you have to have that much hit to play then it must take you a long time to kill something...my mags stats are 15/145/20/20 i mean cmon they already lose a bunch of mst...and about the base overcoming atp...why does that matter? its called shifta...it easily gives my hunewearl 300 atp...hmm what else oh why would you want mind? well when your character has over 1000 HP like mine does...it gets kinda of boring using resta twice to fully heal yourself...thesse are my thoughts http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Simple, you put more than 20 DEX on a HUne mag if you don't want to see the miss...miss...miss...for all of your combos. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif And just wait until you need to Resta 3-4 times to fully heal my friend.

Zelgadis
May 4, 2004, 05:47 PM
Yeah *grumbles* Course thats all I'm seeing now. Miss miss miss 41 miss miss miss mis 34 miss miss miss etc etc.

SpyroDi
May 4, 2004, 05:51 PM
HUnewearls have one of the lowest ATA growth rates,which is why you need either lots of Dexterity on your Mag or lots of Arm units.

Evil_Althena8
May 4, 2004, 05:57 PM
On 2004-05-04 15:51, SpyroDi wrote:
HUnewearls have one of the lowest ATA growth rates,which is why you need either lots of Dexterity on your Mag or lots of Arm units.

tru dat. My HUnewearl's ATP growth rate is so horrendously slow compared to a HUmar. Power in a mag takes precedence over anything. Then comes dex, because it's good to hit. Mind is least important...you're not going to be using that many techs besides S/D, resta, and maybe anti, and besides, at later levels a HUnewearls MST is nearly equal if not higher than ATP

Ryu_4
May 4, 2004, 06:09 PM
i have problems missing in seabed...

lain2k3
May 4, 2004, 08:26 PM
Hitting should be the number one priority of any hunter or ranger or melee force. using weapons with hit percent over weapons with higher atp is essential for most hunters and all forces. you will keep enemies at bay if you can hit them constantly, eliminating the need for excess defense on mags, and you will often do more damage. take a mechgun combo for example. someone with lots of dex on their mag:

40-40-40-60-60-60-60-60-60 = 480 damage

someone with crappy ata/dex, but lots of power:

miss-miss-miss-miss-100-miss-100-100-100 = 400 damage

and you would have most likely been hit before you land the first shot.

Hrith
May 4, 2004, 08:56 PM
On 2004-05-04 18:26, lain2k3 wrote:
Hitting should be the number one priority of any hunter or ranger or melee force. using weapons with hit percent over weapons with higher atp is essential for most hunters and all forces. you will keep enemies at bay if you can hit them constantly, eliminating the need for excess defense on mags, and you will often do more damage. take a mechgun combo for example. someone with lots of dex on their mag:

40-40-40-60-60-60-60-60-60 = 480 damage

someone with crappy ata/dex, but lots of power:

miss-miss-miss-miss-100-miss-100-100-100 = 400 damage

and you would have most likely been hit before you land the first shot.

Kefka:
100-100-100-100-100-100-100-100-100 = 900 ^_____^

lain2k3
May 4, 2004, 09:18 PM
Thats what Happens when you're a HUcast with some new 55 Hit L&K14's.

Eihwaz
May 4, 2004, 09:24 PM
HUnewearl Mag, eh?

For lower to moderate-level HUnewearls, you'll want a lot of Dex. HUnewearls have okay ATA, but godawful growth. Something like (5/115/80/0) would work okay.

In the long run, something with a bit less Dex might be more useful; also, a bit of Mind might work, too.

Power and Accuracy are probably more useful than Mind on a HUnewearl, IMO.

iamfanboy
May 4, 2004, 09:42 PM
Even a little ATA makes one heck of a difference.

I was having trouble hitting even in the Ult forest with a basic 'normal-heavy-heavy' combo, even with my DEX 81 mag. I replace one Metal/Body with a Elf/Arm++ (sorry, I don't HAVE any GOD/ units http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ) and now I can butcher those hapless bartles.

ATA is muy bueno and harder to raise than any other stat; even my RA mags have high ATA!

Now, back to piping for sol atomizers... stupid shoplady.