PDA

View Full Version : Characters linked to HL or just memory card?

Myopathy
May 4, 2004, 08:54 PM
Here's my situation. I have a memory card that I use for EP1&2, as well as EP3. It is a shared memory card in the sense that my roommate and I both have all our characters on there. I am about to acquire a GC and another copy of the games, as well as a new HL so that we can both play online at the same time. We had agreed that I would get the memory card (with all of our characters), and he would just start a new character. My question now is, will I be able to play online with those (old)characters using a new GC and a new HL? I know for EP3, I'll lose my online rank and title, but I will still have my deck and my character, right?

VioletSkye
May 4, 2004, 09:06 PM
I can only offer what I believe to be the case here. I believe that the HL info is tied to numerous files (Guild and Character primarily) and that once that happens, it can't be switched. The Network Info file contains only the info needed to actually log you onto the Sega servers, but the access key and serial are a permanent part of the other files.

That said, I know I have personally deleted my Guildcard file and been asked to reenter my HL info. For whatever reason, others have said that it didn't work for them though, so take that with a grain of salt. Who pays for the current HL? If you do, then just keep it and let your roomate use the access key and serial number on the new copy of the game to set up a HL for him/herself.