PDA

View Full Version : What Special attack should I give a S-Rank Needle?

Zinger314
May 4, 2004, 11:48 PM
Topic. I just got one in a trade, but I do not know what special to give it. I was thinking about giving it Gush (If I make a Ranger Android), or should I use King's, for the easy EXP? Decisions, decisions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zinger314 on 2004-05-04 21:48 ]</font>

Liquid_Bacon
May 5, 2004, 12:01 AM
According to your profile, you play the Xbox version. We only have the first stage of Episode II Challenge Mode, so you can't get the S-Rank Needle yet. So, of course, I suggest you sell the thing or get rid of it somehow - it's a hack. Notice how it's called " Needle"? Nothing before the word "Needle?" It's a hack. Lose the thing.

Eihwaz
May 5, 2004, 12:23 AM
Well, since it seems to be a hacked Needle...feel free to use it at your discretion, but I'd highly reccomend getting a legit one, Cmode sounds like such fun! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Special, eh? Zalure, Gush, King's, Jellen (for RAmar or Droids), Geist, Spirit, Hell are all nice specials for a Needle.

Xeno_M
May 5, 2004, 03:31 AM
Zalure is an obvious choice if you play offline alot. But if you play primarly online with friends, i'd go for something else. I put Kings on mine. In one Heat Sword run you generally gain around 60k exp. I gained 152k in one run, doing nothing but specail attack while other teammembers killed. I love it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Charge or Berserk would be nice if you love uber power!

Ketchup345
May 5, 2004, 05:22 AM
On 2004-05-05 01:31, Xeno_M wrote:
I put Kings on mine. In one Heat Sword run you generally gain around 60k exp. I gained 152k in one run, doing nothing but specail attack while other teammembers killed. I love it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Charge or Berserk would be nice if you love uber power!

1) That doesn't go over too well if you are playing with strangers.
2) There is no Charge special for S-Ranks.

3) I am also in the same dilemma. I have a RAmarl, and am trying to decide if I should choose Berserk or something else .

PatserGOUKI
May 5, 2004, 05:24 AM
I have an Srank Needle for a long time now (im on GC) I gave it KINGS hahahaha
Its unbeliebable what exp you get, if you run trough forest with only trying the special attack! hahaha
i believe 30 exp per animal PLUS 150-230 damage. So if you run trough forest ult with a friend you get EXP all the way, and funny it is to see!
Try it, and in ult forest with like 5 bartles before you, the hit of the special is absurd!

I havent added other Srank specials... I only use normal needle.

PatserGOUKI

Hrith
May 5, 2004, 05:41 AM
for RAmarl, Berserk, no questioning this.

for others, it depends where you play the most:
online: Zalure, it will pwn if there aren't any FO
offline: Jellen, it will save you from big blows, and since offline is so easy, you will easily damage without Zalure.

for fast exp, you can add King's (especially for droids), but I really advise not using it in multi player, people using "leech" weapons on slicers/shots/needles online is very annoying.

Zinger314
May 5, 2004, 05:53 AM
Hmmm...Jellen is a good idea, but I have a question: Does Gush steal HP from Bosses? If it does, I'll use Gush instead of Jellen.

...and I would perfer not to use Berzerk. I do not like seeing my Hp very low.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zinger314 on 2004-05-05 03:54 ]</font>

Ketchup345
May 5, 2004, 05:56 AM
On 2004-05-05 03:53, Zinger314 wrote:
Hmmm...Jellen is a good idea, but I have a question: Does Gush steal HP from Bosses? If it does, I'll use Gush instead of Jellen.

...and I would perfer not to use Berzerk. I do not like seeing my Hp very low.

1) Gush and Geist do work on bosses, not sure on Master's.
2) Jellen is only level 17ish (beaten by RAmarl, HUnewearl, and FOrce technique). Zalure is about 33.

Hrith
May 5, 2004, 06:10 AM
King's, Hell, and Demon's do not work on bosses XD that would be too uber http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif but King's and Demon's work on mini-bosses (includes Epsilon).

Gush is not a bad idea, but as a RAcast, it would be a lot better on Mechgun if you can spare the PDs.

Klaus88
May 5, 2004, 07:51 AM
Is the Needle as fast as the Spread Needle?

If yes then add one of tempest,blizzard,hell.

Hrith
May 5, 2004, 08:56 AM
On 2004-05-05 05:51, Klaus88 wrote:

useless, useless and useless, thanks for coming.

SJ
May 5, 2004, 09:12 AM
On 2004-05-05 06:56, Kef wrote:

On 2004-05-05 05:51, Klaus88 wrote:

useless, useless and useless, thanks for coming.

lol you really don't like him do you Kef?
I say king or gush...
I also laugh at you for trading for it.

Hrith
May 5, 2004, 10:02 AM
I carry personal grudge against no one, and even if I did, PSOW is not a place to expose them.

he made 3 bad suggestions, I correct him.

Rainbowlemon
May 5, 2004, 11:13 AM
On 2004-05-05 08:02, Kef wrote:
I carry personal grudge against no one, and even if I did, PSOW is not a place to expose them.

he made 3 bad suggestions, I correct him.

You may know I'm offline, but just for the info, does blizzard freeze? I suppose that would be alright...

Also, why do you like berserk so much? Does it not annoy you that instead of you doing normal attacks and getting hit every now and again, you're killing yourself but killing them quicker? It just doesn't make much sense...It would be much nicer if you could apply charge, but i'm pretty sure from what i've previously read that that's not possible, so...meh.

~ Antimony

Liquid_Bacon
May 5, 2004, 11:24 AM
I think his point is that Blizzard almost never hits, Tempest does worse damage than your weak attack, and you won't ever see Hell hit in your Ultimate lifetime.

SJ
May 5, 2004, 11:49 AM
Yeah you do...
My RAmarl with Twin Chakaram (40%nat) does ALOT.
And my HUmar (with god/arm and TCs with hit) can sometimes.
And tempest is THE worst thing to add.
Whoever said it was a good idea is a dumbass who rams pencils up they're nose and ears cos 'it's fun!'....

Nai_Calus
May 5, 2004, 11:52 AM
I hate berserkers and experience leeches.

Xeno, I love you dearly, but if you EVER use that thing around me I WILL kill you. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I like S-rank Zalure. It's better than my FO's and it saves me TP. >_>; Only problem on a Needle is lack of range, but speed makes up for it, IMO. Shots are way too slow, even with a God/Battle.

If you must do something irksome, do Berserk or, to be amusing, Arrest.

Hrith
May 5, 2004, 01:08 PM
what's wrong with Berserk ?
it's powerful, can be cure with a swift Resta or two, and if you can handle staying at 3 HP for a while, you will be able to use it indefinitely, ask Sil Dragon XD

I died like 5 times with my Berserk S-Rank Shot due to the special, and Shot is slower, right ? (I remember once, I was about to die, I had like 10 HP left and a Ruins Del-D was raising his claw above Terra's head, when suddenly my HP was totally filled ! I was like o_O the only character beside me was Rena-ko, and she had an android, saved by an android using Star Atomizer, I'll never forget that O_o thanks, Rena ^__^)

back on topic, I like Berserk over Charge by far, I find Charge annoying, and probably too cheap.

If you wanna add Zalure, as Ian suggests, go for it, but I find Lv 20 Zalure way enough whether online or offline -- for RAmarl, of course -_-
Besides Berserk costs 10 less PDs http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Besides what RAmarl lacks is power, so Berserk truly helps; I really think Berserk suits her, because she has the techs to back it up.

SJ
May 5, 2004, 01:11 PM
I see Kefs point...
But with a droid I wouldn't do it.

Hrith
May 5, 2004, 01:14 PM
On 2004-05-05 11:11, SJ wrote:
I see Kefs point...
But with a droid I wouldn't do it.
I was talking for RAmarl only, other Rangers do not have Zalure, so they will rock with Zalure Lv 33 fron S-Rank Shot or Needle

BladeofDarkness
May 5, 2004, 01:37 PM
IMO it seems like Spirit would be better for a ramarl,unless there's no fo in the game the ramarl's techs are pretty useless and plus spirit doesn't put your life in danger. *shrug* that's just my opinion though, I never played as a ramarl.

PaleKid15
May 5, 2004, 01:42 PM
I agree, I'd much rather have spirit on a RAmarl. But I don't know if you can give S-ranks spirit, my dumbass guide says you can, but it has been wrong many times. (Damn you Versus Books... covers GC my ass...)

Ketchup345
May 5, 2004, 01:46 PM
On 2004-05-05 11:42, PaleKid15 wrote:
I agree, I'd much rather have spirit on a RAmarl. But I don't know if you can give S-ranks spirit, my dumbass guide says you can, but it has been wrong many times. (Damn you Versus Books... covers GC my ass...)

This site lists Spirit as availible, so it might be.

The thing with me and Spirit is that I do use them to support the team (I sometimes play with a team of like 3 other RAmarls, and I try to volunteer to support; curse you 117 levels of offline only RAmarl support myself! *Shakes fist*).

Hmm... :-/ It looks like Berserk might be good for me. Geist might too though...

I may try them both out later.

So either Berserk or Geist.

BladeofDarkness
May 5, 2004, 01:59 PM
Spirit is indeed available I knew a fomar who had it on his srank twin and he did 800+ damage a hit, I was saving up pds to put it on mine before I lost it to fsod. >_<

lain2k3
Yeah, you can put spirit on sranks. The reason people prefer berserk sometimes is that the special can be used by all classes, not just humans/newman, and berserk is also a tad bit more accurate.

PaleKid15
You could always clear ep 2 C-mode alot and make a bunch of them. Walk around with needles=gush,geist,spirit,berserk,jellen,zalure. Have just the special button programmed, it'd be hillarious.

Ketchup345
May 5, 2004, 02:05 PM
On 2004-05-05 11:59, PaleKid15 wrote:
You could always clear ep 2 C-mode alot and make a bunch of them.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif
Do you know how hard it is to get a team for some of those E2 C-Mode stages?

Some of them, you can wait in an open game in Alcyone 6-1 (C-Mode lobby), and noone will join. Also, E2 C3 and E2 C4 are very long (well, E2 C3 isn't long, but over 1/2 of it is at the boss), hard, and most don't want to go through them again. I was lucky that several players from this site had nothing better to do, and helped me.

Zinger314
May 5, 2004, 03:10 PM
I wonder why this got moved here...

Anyways, I plan to use this gun on all my Ranger characters, including Androids. Therefore, I would try to use a special that would be appropriate for all of the characters.

Since the Jellen is a puny lv. 17 (WHY?!), I guess I'll use the lvl 33 Zalure. Is that a good idea? Or should I use Gush?

EDIT: I chose the Zalure. The Needle came with Kings (Figures), but King's does less damage than a Normal Attack? Too slow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zinger314 on 2004-05-05 14:17 ]</font>

Capricornus
May 6, 2004, 07:48 AM
On 2004-05-05 07:12, SJ wrote:

lol you really don't like him do you Kef?
I say king or gush...
I also laugh at you for trading for it.

SJ I really dont like your tone.
There are much nicer and politer ways to disagree and advice someone.
This scares a lot of newbies posting their opinion (which I dont mind as long as they dont post false info)
Almost all members have a polite way to disapprove with someones opinion, why cant you?

On 2004-05-05 09:49, SJ wrote:

Whoever said it was a good idea is a dumbass who rams pencils up they're nose and ears cos 'it's fun!'....

... as I said earlier...

On 2004-05-05 11:08, Kef wrote:

I find Charge annoying, and probably too cheap.

This quote is quiet funny if you take it out of its context Kef http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

On 2004-05-05 12:05, Ketchup345 wrote:

Do you know how hard it is to get a team for some of those E2 C-Mode stages?

Also, E2 C3 and E2 C4 are very long (well, E2 C3 isn't long, but over 1/2 of it is at the boss), hard, and most don't want to go through them again. I was lucky that several players from this site had nothing better to do, and helped me.

Anytime Ketch, its always a pleasure to play Cmode with friends.
I have to agree that its hard to find a team on Alcyone these times, specially since most JP players avoid EU and US players at all cost http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

On 2004-05-05 13:10, Zinger314 wrote:

, I plan to use this gun on all my Ranger characters, including Androids. Therefore, I would try to use a special that would be appropriate for all of the characters.

Since the Jellen is a puny lv. 17 (WHY?!), I guess I'll use the lvl 33 Zalure. Is that a good idea? Or should I use Gush?

I read many good advices for the special on the S-Rank needle (berserk, spirit and zalure)
This of course depends on which Ranger type you use

If you however will use this needle for all RA classes, like I do, I'm pretty sure nothing beats the Zalure special on it

Zinger314
May 8, 2004, 10:19 AM
Alright, I just realized that the Zalure was not very helpful (I'd rather use the hit with Zalure to do the extra damage!}

Therefore, I replaced it with Spirit, as said in this thread. The only problem is is that it takes away 20% of my TP per hit on an enemy. Therefore...I am going to need lots and lots of Trifluids....

Jarek
May 8, 2004, 05:11 PM
Hmmm...I gave mine to my RAmarl, and I haven't seen anyone mention this special yet. (i don't think)
I gave it chaos special. :0
I think it's pretty nifty because instead of me having to do all the work, I can just let them beat each other up while using something else to hit from a distance. Then when only one or two are left, I just take them out. It's pretty easy (and funny).

Hrith
May 8, 2004, 06:37 PM
On 2004-05-08 08:19, Zinger314 wrote:
Alright, I just realized that the Zalure was not very helpful (I'd rather use the hit with Zalure to do the extra damage!}

Therefore, I replaced it with Spirit, as said in this thread. The only problem is is that it takes away 20% of my TP per hit on an enemy. Therefore...I am going to need lots and lots of Trifluids...

Berserk is a lot more useful and practical, you don't need to use fluids to refill, just a Resta, and monsters can barely damage you since you have S/D/J/Z and RAmarl has high DFP and EVP.
Spirit is less powerful and your android cannot use it.

Zinger314
May 9, 2004, 10:14 PM
Yeah...Spirit isn't working it for me...so should I just replace it with berzerk?

Does anyone besided Kef have an idea to add to it? (No offense, I understand your reasoning, but I just want some more support...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zinger314 on 2004-05-09 20:14 ]</font>

Hrith
May 10, 2004, 09:20 AM
well, Berserk is too risky on droids, if you want only one Needle with a special useful to all rangers, Zalure is the best option.

Zinger314
May 10, 2004, 02:53 PM
On 2004-05-10 07:20, Kef wrote:
well, Berserk is too risky on droids, if you want only one Needle with a special useful to all rangers, Zalure is the best option.

I tried making a RAcaseal, but I hated her (she was doomed to the fate of Trade Character (tm)), I hate RAmars, and I refuse to make RAcasts, due to their annoying clunking noises.

So, therefore, I don't really want to make another Ranger. If I don't make another ranger, should I still use Berzerk?

Alright. I'll give it Berzerk if the answer to this question is true: Can I use Berzerk infinately if my HP is very low? Kef confirmed it, but I need another conformation.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zinger314 on 2004-05-10 19:51 ]</font>

Capricornus
May 11, 2004, 03:15 AM
On 2004-05-10 12:53, Zinger314 wrote:

I tried making a RAcaseal, but I hated her (she was doomed to the fate of Trade Character (tm)), I hate RAmars, and I refuse to make RAcasts, due to their annoying clunking noises.

So, therefore, I don't really want to make another Ranger. If I don't make another ranger, should I still use Berzerk?

Alright. I'll give it Berzerk if the answer to this question is true: Can I use Berzerk infinately if my HP is very low? Kef confirmed it, but I need another conformation.

If you need a second confirmation, then yes, the answer is yes.

I however dont see why you needed that confirmation, Kefs posts are reliable and your questions were answered more than once

Deus-Irae
May 11, 2004, 04:56 AM
On 2004-05-05 11:08, Kef wrote:
(I remember once, I was about to die, I had like 10 HP left and a Ruins Del-D was raising his claw above Terra's head, when suddenly my HP was totally filled ! I was like o_O the only character beside me was Rena-ko, and she had an android, saved by an android using Star Atomizer, I'll never forget that O_o thanks, Rena ^__^)

thats awesome http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

one of those little things that make PSO so cool!

Zinger314
May 11, 2004, 03:17 PM
On 2004-05-11 01:15, Capricornus wrote:

On 2004-05-10 12:53, Zinger314 wrote:

If you need a second confirmation, then yes, the answer is yes.

I however dont see why you needed that confirmation, Kefs posts are reliable and your questions were answered more than once

My only problem is that Kef was basically the only one who suggested Berzerk. Well, I guess I'll got put Berzerk on it, as it can be veeeery evil...

lain2k3
May 11, 2004, 04:53 PM
Yes, you can continually use berserk. I use a berserk diska on the dragon a lot. I go down to about 2 hp out of 1400 very quickly, but never die.

Jazhara
May 13, 2004, 07:46 AM
On 2004-05-11 13:17, Zinger314 wrote:
My only problem is that Kef was basically the only one who suggested Berzerk. Well, I guess I'll got put Berzerk on it, as it can be veeeery evil...

As Cap said, Kef's posts are reliable. A third confirmation from me, Berserk is the way to go.