PDA

View Full Version : Enemy Drop Calculations

PJ
May 5, 2004, 03:17 PM
Just a few questions on enemy drop calculations stuff.

1) When does the calculation for a rare occur? When you enter the stage, or when you kill the enemy?

I'm guessing online it'll be when you create the game, but I'm pondering about offline.

2) What is a Photon Drop? (No, not the n00b question that comes up every day http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) Is it a second rare drop an enemy can drop? (Like, each enemy has 2 rare drops, the actual rare and the Photon Drop) or is the Photon Drop a tool item?

3) (This example is for my insane idea for hunting *gulp* Guld) If you kill an enemy that is currently over a place that you cannot walk overp, will the drop set to 0% while it's there?

Here's the situation: You're in the room that's right after the Final Testing Area in Doc's Secret Plan (3 Claws, 1 Gran Sorceror). There's a pit/hole there. If you kill the Gran Sorceror while it is over this pit/hole, will it drop on either side of the pit/hole and come to an obtainable place, or will it just not drop?

Zelgadis
May 5, 2004, 03:23 PM
Ah I believe that if the sorc is over the pit it won't drop. I've killed many sorcs over pits and nothing ever dropped on the sides of it. Stupid Sorcs. >.>

Dragon_Ash
May 5, 2004, 03:26 PM
1) unsure

2) i'm very sure a photon drop is counted as a rare

3) none have dropped me an item over pits or holes either

Ketchup345
May 5, 2004, 03:38 PM
1) I'm guessing when you kill an enemy, but not sure.
2) Photon Drops are not calculated as a rare. They are a "Tool" class item (usually green box)
Episode 1 Tool Drop Rates (http://www.housoka.com/pso/tool/probrates.php?type=1)
Tool Drop Rates for Episode 2 (http://www.housoka.com/pso/tool/probrates.php?type=2)
They are tools since:
A) They can be dropped by anything
B) They sell at the shops for more than 10 Meseta.
3) Depends on the enemy I think. Sometimes it is moved to where it is possible (I am fairly sure on this, don't quote me on it though). Other times, it may just have decided to not drop an item at all.

Hrith
May 5, 2004, 04:22 PM
1) offline, at the last loading screen, which means that piping resets the drops.

2) Ketchup covered it

3) always wondered myself, I have seen some Canabins drop items over pits, but never Sorcerers (low drop rate, hard to check). Therefore I always make sure the Sorceror is not over a pit hole, especially in Whitill =/

PJ
May 5, 2004, 04:36 PM
On 2004-05-05 14:22, Kef wrote:
1) offline, at the last loading screen, which means that piping resets the drops.

2) Ketchup covered it

3) always wondered myself, I have seen some Canabins drop items over pits, but never Sorcerers (low drop rate, hard to check). Therefore I always make sure the Sorceror is not over a pit hole, especially in Whitill =/

1) Curses. So it would be recommended that I pick up less items and go through all of Doc's Secret Plan without piping up?

2) Yeah, I remember hearing about PD being a Tool, but I wanted it confirmed.

3) You know being Whitill is the important part http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Soukosa
May 5, 2004, 04:53 PM
It's very easy to see that a Photon Drop is a tool item since they can come out of fixed boss boxes that drop tool items. I've gotten a few from Bob and Sil Bob in the past.

Hrith
May 5, 2004, 05:48 PM
On 2004-05-05 14:36, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
So it would be recommended that I pick up less items and go through all of Doc's Secret Plan without piping up?
Same, it's random, your chances are equal.

On 2004-05-05 14:53, Sounomi wrote:
It's very easy to see that a Photon Drop is a tool item since they can come out of fixed boss boxes that drop tool items. I've gotten a few from Bob and Sil Bob in the past.
I have gotten a lot (really) from Vol Opt ver.2 boxes.

Dragon_Ash
May 5, 2004, 05:58 PM
everytime i kill a gran, i always think it'll drop a rare, especially when it's over a pit...

canabins too, i have a ph34r of them dropping a NUG into the pit =/

pit phobia XD