PDA

View Full Version : GC-Item: Yas 9k

Zelgadis
May 5, 2004, 04:53 PM
Once I get Sophia in ult how long should I hunt for the damn things *cough* I mean level in temple before I unexpectedly find them?

Ketchup345
May 5, 2004, 04:59 PM
http://www.housoka.com/pso/findings/secid.php?secid=4&diff=4

Crimson Assassin Yasminkov 9000M (15) *************** 1/788

Nai_Calus
May 5, 2004, 05:38 PM
Forever. ^_^ Once you go Yas, you never go back. :3 At least on a RA.

Zelgadis
May 5, 2004, 05:38 PM
Help is much appreaciated. Thanks ^.^

Zelgadis
May 5, 2004, 05:39 PM
Dunno about that. I have Reds which are also pretty decent....and I find those like water.

PaleKid15
May 5, 2004, 05:59 PM
Yas 9k's are pretty good, and not super hard to get. I got one in less than 25 temple runs offline. I'm a bit dissappointed it though. Rifle Range on mechs sounds much better in theory than it is in use. It's a bit helpful, but really glitchy. At rifle range, they frequently only hit the enemy once per button press (not misses, they don't register for some reason). The lack of a special also really hurts this weapons performance. It is better than red mechs IM(C)O, but GM is much better, on any RA. If you get good percents on Yas 9k, it can be really good, but if your expecting it to be one of the best weapons in the game, prepare to be dissappointed. If you find it within the expected drop rate it's worth the effort, otherwise your time would be better spent seeking GM.

lain2k3
May 5, 2004, 06:25 PM
Dont listen to anyone that compares them to duped Guld Millas.

and spend as long as it takes to get the damned things in temple.

Nai_Calus
May 5, 2004, 07:27 PM
I've used 200/0/0/0/100 Guld Millas, and I'd take a Yas9kM over them any day. XP

Cc08
May 5, 2004, 08:22 PM
Took me 2 Temple Runs, but I was lucky. Just be persistent, it's an amazing weapon.

Eihwaz
May 5, 2004, 11:14 PM
On 2004-05-05 15:59, PaleKid15 wrote:
Yas 9k's are pretty good, and not super hard to get. I got one in less than 25 temple runs offline. I'm a bit dissappointed it though. Rifle Range on mechs sounds much better in theory than it is in use. It's a bit helpful, but really glitchy. At rifle range, they frequently only hit the enemy once per button press (not misses, they don't register for some reason). The lack of a special also really hurts this weapons performance. It is better than red mechs IM(C)O, but GM is much better, on any RA. If you get good percents on Yas 9k, it can be really good, but if your expecting it to be one of the best weapons in the game, prepare to be dissappointed. If you find it within the expected drop rate it's worth the effort, otherwise your time would be better spent seeking GM.

When you shoot at an enemy at the maximum range away from you, your shots will knock it back, and thusly; only a portion of your shots will hit. Something like that, I think.

Yasminkov9000M is a great Mech. Not too hard to find, and it's very cool, and highly useful!

Guld Milla are also really great, especially with their high ATP and Handgun range. Sadly, getting legit ones is incredibly difficult, and almost impossible if you're offline.

iamfanboy
May 6, 2004, 12:38 AM
I've been in ONE game where a MILLA dropped.

The dude asked, "Whut's the drop rate on this thing?"

When we told him 1/28k, he didn't believe us. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Then he wanted to go questing for a GULD, especially because his MILLA tekked to 20% Hit, if he was talking about that and not some other gun.

Yas 9MK tempts me to bump a PURPLENUM character to Ult just for the chance. I'm pretty sure I could get a character to Ult in under 20-30 hours, with some help from other characters of mine...

Hrith
May 6, 2004, 03:20 AM
On 2004-05-05 17:27, Ian-KunX wrote:
I've used 200/0/0/0/100 Guld Millas, and I'd take a Yas9kM over them any day. XP

try using a legit one

I take even red mechs over Yas9k, except in West Tower, I generally do not use mechs anyway, but when I do it's either red mechs with Rangers or S-Rank with Hunters. both are more powerful and have fixed ATP.
Besides, apart from Towers, you are never going to be at rifle range with mechguns, and Red Mechs are clearly more efficient.

if you like your red mechs, use them, don't waste time hunting a weapon that you may like less.

Nai_Calus
May 6, 2004, 06:19 AM
If I don't like the uber-cheap hacked to hell version, how is the legit one going to change my mind? XP Guld Milla is fugly, stupidly rare, and does nothing for me, even WITH a RAmarl doing damage in Ult Forest like a HUcast with Charge Vulcans.

If I somehow found the parts for a Guld Milla, I wouldn't combine them. XP I'd leave them seperate. >_>;

I'll stick with that 15% L&K14 Combat I found the other day over a Guld Milla, actually. It looks better. XP

And really, one can bitch this way and that about how x uber-rare is better than x not so uber-rare, but when you come down to it, a simple Charge Vulcan +9 with 50% Hit is better than 90% of the shit in the game, so who gives a shit if x is stronger or if you only use the range once in a while? Style > Performance in PSO.

And when it comes to style, Yas9kM owns EVERYTHING. XP Even Spread/S-rank Needle and Red Sword.

...Except Rati. Which you think is ugly on RAmarl, so your opinions of style clearly do not count. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

iamfanboy
May 6, 2004, 06:26 AM
I can just see the conversation now:

"Whut gun iz tht?"

"MILLA. You've never seen one?"

"Why dun u make into GULD MILLA?"

"GULD MILLA is for lusers. MILLA ownz all"

"by itself. Yas9MK forever!!!"

...But having just raised a SATO and RATI, I'm afraid I side with Kef on how fugly the RATI looks compared to the SATO for a RAmarl.

On my new HUcaseal, on the other hand.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/eviltongue.gif Mwah, hah, hah.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: iamfanboy on 2004-05-06 04:28 ]</font>

rena-ko
May 6, 2004, 06:36 AM
get one, its not difficult.
if you dont like it, trade it away. i bet there are many who'd like one.

good luck

best reason to hunt one was during easter actually. besides that, get a partner to do full runs and switch IDs when you get a rare enemy.

Xaos127
May 6, 2004, 07:14 AM
i totally agree with Kef, i say red mechs are much better im not saying yas 9ks arent good, their great but red mechs are better

Rainbowlemon
May 6, 2004, 08:15 AM
What harm is there looking for them? I say, find them, and if you don't like them, don't use them! Easy peasy.

~ Antimony

Hrith
May 6, 2004, 08:28 AM
I find Yas9k very ordinary looking compared to the beautiful GM, even Red mechs looks better.

And I used a legit GM with Terra, it owns any other mech in the game, even 50% hit Charge Vulcans.

and yeah, Rati is ugly on RAmarl, as on any small character, it's simply disproportionate http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_barf.gif

Zelgadis
May 6, 2004, 10:44 AM
Sure red mechs may look cooler. But the yas sound better. Friend has one. I asked him how long. He said about a week. And with my stupid luck I'll probably find them the first day....and then getting a second pair >.>;; Two RA's which is gonna suck. Then choosing one of my chars that can find a Baranz Launcher to do mine runs until I pick yet another one up....that would be my third...and I prefer shots over mechs....well atleast for bossess...getting to the bosses I use mechs more...

Auracom
May 7, 2004, 09:17 AM
On 2004-05-06 04:19, Ian-KunX wrote:
...how is the legit one going to change my mind? XP Guld Milla is fugly, stupidly rare, and does nothing for me...

*is hurt*

;-;

I love all mechs equally. Some are suited for different situations. I love how Guld Milla looks...

Hrith
May 7, 2004, 09:21 AM
I lub how they look, too ;-;

Armok
May 7, 2004, 10:28 AM
Yam 9000M rocks Kef go back to your hippie Red Mechs they aint even the finished article.

As for GM if you find the parts good for you but the rest of the *not blessed by god* population will have to settle for butt ugly Yam9000M with their amazing range.

Hrith
May 7, 2004, 10:32 AM
90% of the time I use Mechs, it is point blank, therefore Red mechs do a better job, WT is the only place I find the Yas9k useful, otherwise it simply is not =/

Nai_Calus
May 7, 2004, 11:36 AM
90% of the time I use mechs, it's from as far away as possible. Yas9k is really useful for that. XP

My reaction the first time I saw a Guld Milla was "That is the lamest-looking thing ever". My reaction the first time I saw a Yas9kM was "Holy fuck, that owns hardcore. O_o;;;"

XP

Sorry, you can think it looks cool all you like. I think it's hideous. XP

PaleKid15
May 7, 2004, 12:05 PM
GM is alot harder to get than Yas 9k. But it is worth the effort. Looks, are a matter of opinion. I happen to like the GM's appearance. The Yas 9k looks pretty cool, but beause of it's size (kinda small) I rarely see anything but the char using it anyway. And come on, NO SPECIAL vs. 1080hp steal per combo. And handgun range is enough for evrywhere but tower. Note: I am not saying Yas 9k is bad, just that GM is better.

lain2k3
May 7, 2004, 02:01 PM
Of course guld milla is better, point is, rifle range is more suseful than HG range for many, you wont hit full special combos in tower or seabed, where the special is most abusable, and you'll most likely have to spend more than half of your life looking for them.

kazuma56
May 7, 2004, 07:26 PM
I want a Yas9K but i'm sure my Yas 3K is better because I happend to get a 35% to hit on it, and you could use to hit long-range enemies without having to worry about the enemy being pushed out of range.

I think that GM would be better just because of it's ATP boost, I would love a Mechgun with Rifle range but with 60-80% of enemies in this game that get pushed back, a Red mechgun would do the job.

Hrith
May 7, 2004, 10:42 PM
When Auracom lent me his Guld Milla, I did solo WT (yes WT) runs with Terra, and GM does a better job than Yas9k, anyway, a lot better, monsters die in less combos.

I was saying Yas9k is better than Red Mechs in Tower, not than GM >_>
GM owns all other mechguns in any situation, especially if you have a Frozen Shooter.

slimer1231
May 7, 2004, 10:56 PM
is red mechguns really that good? i found one once on whitil on my first ult ruins run and stuck it in my box then got corrupted... did i get screwd over really bad?

Hrith
May 7, 2004, 10:59 PM
On 2004-05-07 20:56, slimer1231 wrote:
is red mechguns really that good? i found one once on whitil on my first ult ruins run and stuck it in my box then got corrupted... did i get screwd over really bad?
Not THAT bad in the sense that you can find another one rather easily, but it is an excellent weapon