PDA

View Full Version : Status of online community?

Malus
May 6, 2004, 04:56 PM
Hello all. I'm a long time PSO vet. (since ver1 launched for DC in the US), but before this week hadnt played in about 6 months or so. So after playing a bit offline I'm getting hooked again. My question is how is it online these days (this is for PSO GC btw)? A lot of people still play? Are there still a lot of duper/"hackers" running around or have they (hopefully) gotten bored and moved on?

VioletSkye
May 6, 2004, 05:01 PM
its basically the same as it was six months ago.

lain2k3
May 6, 2004, 05:59 PM
Yes, except Antares 8 is now -EMPTY-

instead of full of dupers/spammers.

Zelgadis
May 6, 2004, 06:02 PM
Thats a good thing. Yay! Well....I dun get online but my friend seemed to be in disbelief.

Malus
May 6, 2004, 08:16 PM
Are most of the game password locked or open these days?

Cheep
May 6, 2004, 08:41 PM
Most games are open. Antares is sorta empty. Today when sanji and I were playing some joined our team and randomly shouted insults though. I don't know if anyone else does this anymore,I remember when people would do it if you wouldn't trade with them,weren't legit or woouldn't ttf,however. I haven't been online in the last few weeks,I've been feeling a little under the weather.

EJ
May 7, 2004, 12:23 AM
I seen more lock game then open recently but I really haven't notice much because of all the cmode I been doing ^_^

Malus
May 7, 2004, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the input all. Looks like I'll be returning online. What blocks are good to play in?

SpiffyDude42
May 9, 2004, 01:14 PM
Like you, I haven't played in a few months, and am curious about what it's like online these days. I did peek my head online a week ago or so, and I noticed that Deneb 9 seemed to be thriving a little more (and yes, Antares was a wasteland. It reminded me of the EU ships).

Prophet2k
May 9, 2004, 01:17 PM
Theres EU ships??

rofl, i play the PAL version and i reckon, at most, 50 people online MAX.. o well, its a sad affair, thank god for auto-chat eh!?!?! Makes saying adventure, area, lets go easy enough and allows play on the thriving jp servers http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Proph.

Saigan
May 10, 2004, 01:49 AM
Yeah Antares 8 is about as busy as a highway in a Mad Max movie... BETWEEN ACTION SCENES! It's so dead, I was baffled.

I'm pretty content with Deneb 9 though. A couple of spammers were on it tonight but everyone just went to lobby 2.

Don't go to Vega. There isn't a more wretched hive of scum and villainy... aside from the one that stems from the gateway to hell I keep in my closet...

*Ahem*

Liquid_Bacon
May 10, 2004, 12:27 PM
Don't go to Vega. There isn't a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...

There's Apatite on the Xbox version. With voice chat, trust me, it's worse.