PDA

View Full Version : Expert rangers please read and post here.

iNiGHTS
Feb 20, 2001, 04:46 PM
Hey experts out there, I know you people are good in this game, no I am not asking for items... I simply want to ask for some tips on what to focus on for my mag and which type of gun is good to stick with... I just made a ranger (RAmar) and i don't know much about them. Any hint is good... Oh yea by the way.. Do anyone know which section ID is Best for rangers? really appreciate it if you people can help out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Mr_Blond
Feb 20, 2001, 04:59 PM
For your MAG you probably could just focus on POW and DEX. You're usually going to be sitting far away pinging off the bad guys so you won't need super-high DEF. My MAG, Kama, is exclusively a POW MAG.

In terms of guns, well, I prefer the Varista with high attributes, but if you can't get that, Lasers are pretty good when you don't have rares handy. I've also used railguns and lockguns earlier in the game. Decent weapons when grinded.

You might wanna try Greenill as your section ID, because they find rifles earlier in the game than any other section. I myself am a Purplenum, and haven't found too many Visks but lots of Varistas.

iNiGHTS
Feb 20, 2001, 05:02 PM
So greenill is good? What about whitill Because my range has that, whats whitill good for? i did notice i didn't find a star atomizer... yet..

RedVento
Feb 20, 2001, 05:23 PM
Well, I kinda went even on the mag, int 60, dex 56, pow 51 then def, gives me the spoiler looking mag which I liked. I also stick to launchers and other shotguns for online play, get exp quicker, but not as many items cause you're so slow.. and used a railgun or laser earlier on, then moved to visk and justy...

That's worked for me.. the only times I die are against the final boss, final stage, there I'm usless... sad...

xeku
Feb 20, 2001, 05:34 PM
Greennill is a good choice in my opinion.
My 65th level RAcast is Greennil, and has never had a problem finding pistol or rifle weapons.
Shotguns are another matter - I had to buy most of these, though I have found several Crush Bullets..

Xeku

iNiGHTS
Feb 20, 2001, 06:02 PM
damn... several crush bullets?! I wish i can get those.., anyways, what lv, what diff, and where did you find those crush bullets? and also anyone know what whitill is good for?

iNiGHTS
Feb 20, 2001, 06:12 PM
Hmm... whats the highest lv of shifta i can learn? and at what level is that?

iNiGHTS
Feb 20, 2001, 06:23 PM
Erm... last question... which gun IS the best? I need opinions... I personally though shot is really good.. but i heard its slow low dmg etc.... so i just want to ask.

Still whitill... what is that good for?

Thanks to all that post, really appreciate the help.

Mr_Six
Feb 21, 2001, 03:55 AM
According to the PSO guide from Versus Books (available a your finer Video Game Supply stores everywhere):

Whitill: You'll find Slicer series weapons more frequesntly and earlier than normal. Mechguns are more common too, but Shots are very rare.

It also changes which Tekker you have in offline mode and his/her abilities in identifying your '???' weapons.

If you want to maximize your Shot finding abilities you might try playing online with someone from Viridia hosting the game.

Hope that helps.