PDA

View Full Version : PSOX-US: What's the best Section ID for a Force?

Warganism
May 7, 2004, 08:18 AM
I'm thining of starting a Force, and just need a few tips.

Thanks.

DarthFomar
May 7, 2004, 08:25 AM
Purplenum has been awesome for me so far...God I really didn't expect to be playing so great with him; and finding so many rares, and items has been a blast.

Sadly, of late I haven't been on PSO. But I am waiting for the right moment for the mood to kick back in. Then I will be up for hours playing. I pray it will happen sometime soon. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Dingo
May 7, 2004, 08:35 AM
Pinkal! finds a lot of (good!) force weapons, it is just considered to be the best ID for a FO and it finds quite a few high level technique discs

Zelgadis
May 7, 2004, 09:18 AM
I wouldn't go with Pinkal. Despite the fact that they find FO weapons I'd steer clear of it unless you really like SW:I's. Cause every enemy in the game is like hey look its a Pinkal. I'll drop yet ANOTHER SW:I

Warganism
May 7, 2004, 09:24 AM
I thought PINKAL found the most high level discs. As a Force, I'm not concerned with weapons.

Zelgadis
May 7, 2004, 09:30 AM
Lol. I have a HUcast thats pinkal. I've gotten no level 30 disks off of him. Most of them are on my Whitill...in the end. I'd avoid Pinkal at all costs...

Dingo
May 7, 2004, 10:11 AM
I still say pinkal...it has good pipeables too

Zelgadis
May 7, 2004, 10:21 AM
You shouldn't count on just pipes for the pinkal. I've piped for Pals for about a month finding atleast 3 a day and I've still need an Agito. I'd go Whitill or Purplenum. They both find awesome rares.

BladeofDarkness
May 7, 2004, 11:06 AM
What kind of force? FOnewearl? FOnewm? FOmarl? FOmar?
If you're going with FOnewearl I'd say pinkal since you'll actually use all those wands and you'll have a better chance at high lv techs, For FOnewm I'd say either pinkal or whitill depending on whether you wanna be a pure tech force or a tank. For FOmarls and FOmars I'd definitely go with purplenum, they get some great fo weps, have the only reasonable chance at Psycho Wand and FOmars and marls have the ATP to actually use all those mechs, just be sure to raise your mag's dex and search for things with hit%.

SJ
May 7, 2004, 11:14 AM
Pinkal so you can pipe god mind:D

BladeofDarkness
May 7, 2004, 11:18 AM
Purplenums can pipe god/minds too.....

Stingray
May 7, 2004, 12:30 PM
Pinkal .... you can pipe for God/Minds in VHard .... muhahahaha, and it gets mostly force stuff so.

VioletSkye
May 7, 2004, 12:39 PM
Don't be mislead, Pinkal is NOT the best FO id. Purplenum pwns it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-05-07 10:39 ]</font>

Alighieri
May 7, 2004, 12:42 PM
I`d say Purplenum or Pinkal - both are good and you can manage quite well with them (I love my Pinkal FOmarl - fell the firely passion!)

PaleKid15
May 7, 2004, 01:01 PM
Purplenum. I really don't want to turn this into a Pinkal argument thread, so I won't say what I really want to.

Ketchup345
May 7, 2004, 01:16 PM
Pinkal does not get more Tech Disks. They are not the only ones to get level 30 Techs.

I personally suggest either Whitill or Purplenum (its secondary findings seem to be for a FOrce).

Must Read (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=69992&forum=7&10)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-05-07 11:29 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
May 7, 2004, 01:17 PM
PURPLENUM or ORAN.

PINKAL is a bad ID in my opinion.

Pros and Cons of PINKAL:

Pros:
All the Storm Wand: Indras you could ever want.
Only ID to get all barriers and amplifiers, and thus all Merges.
Pipable God/Mind.(Same drop on PURPLENUM)
Pipable Star Amplifier.(Easier drop on ORAN - ORAN Pal Rappy as opposed to PINKAL Hildetorr)
Entirely too many findings of Magic Rock: Moola(But GREENNILL and REDRIA are the best IDs to look for that.

Cons:
Finds Storm Wand: Indras even more than other IDs find their own crap weapons.
Finds all 9-star Canes/Wands, but some are hard to get on PINKAL.
Useful FO weapons have retarded/impossible drops(Psycho Wand off a Zele? Please.)
Bad ID overall.

Also, the bit about PINKAL finding more/better tech disks is a myth.

PURPLENUM has God/Mind, easiest Psycho Wand, varying other bits of goodness.
ORAN has second sanest Psycho Wand(Tied with BLUEFULL), only ID for Prophets of Motav, easy Star Amplifier, not bad in the armors department(Aura Field and Guard Wave are both FO-usable and easily piped).

Wow, I'm actually defending ORAN. 'Course, it's a decent FO ID as opposed to a horrible RA/bad Hunter ID.

BladeofDarkness
May 7, 2004, 02:30 PM
On 2004-05-07 11:17, Ian-KunX wrote:

not bad in the armors department(Aura Field and Guard Wave are both FO-usable and easily piped).

Wow, I'm actually defending ORAN. 'Course, it's a decent FO ID as opposed to a horrible RA/bad Hunter ID.

There are a few other good things about Oran for FOs, Twin Chakrams (usable by all classes), Guardianna (although easier to get on purp), semi-easy to get God/HPs, one of the few IDs to get Ancient Saber which can be used by forces and is a great weapon, easy devil/battles (vhard pouillies), can get Hitogata and Demonic Fork in Tower (same drops as purp), and while the drops rates aren't very good Oran can find Tripolic Shield and Brightness Circle which are both usable by forces.

Now for the pros about purp:
Easy Branch of Paku Pakus in vhard(gigobooma), can get both book of hitogata and hitogata, easy red handguns, easiest Guardianna drop IMO,semi-easy to get god/ability (ult gibbles 1/394), demonic fork, windmill, rabbit wand, easy magic rock "moola" (vhard panarms 1/46), as for armor purp isn't as good as oran but it does get some good stuff; smoking plate, df field and sacred cloth.

that's about all I can think of, note that things that were previously mentioned like the psycho wand were not mentioned so as to not be repetitious.

Shigecki
May 7, 2004, 07:48 PM
I made the mistake of making a pinkal force, do not follow in these same footsteps, trust me anything but pinkal. Trust me. The only good pipeable item is god/mind, but purplenum gets them too in v-hard caves. Go with that one, for your own good. Because if you find one storm wand, you have found as many as you will ever need. Again, trust me, it sucks being a pinkal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shigecki on 2004-05-07 17:53 ]</font>

doubletake123
May 7, 2004, 08:26 PM
and it finds quite a few high level technique discs

that was proven wrong m friend but pinkal does find lots of cane types.

Eihwaz
May 7, 2004, 09:02 PM
Hmm, depends on if your FOrce is melee, or caster.

Redria, Purplenum, Whitill, Oran, and Yellowboze all make pretty good FOrce IDs.

Redria has great armors/units (God/Battle and God/Technique are exclusives), and some nice weapons for melee FOrces.

Purplenum finds lots of great stuff, easiest Psycho Wand, lots of Mechguns (L&Ks with Hit are great for a melee FOrce).

Whitill finds Handguns and Slicers; as well as Rico's Glasses/Earrings.

Oran finds Twin Chakram, Prophets of Motav, pipeable Devil/Battle and Star Amp.

Pinkal isn't that great at all. The Barriers and Amps aren't too bad, but all the crappy Wands and Canes...useless after you have a full set. Also, it doesn't find tech disks any differently than other IDs. Lots of Mind Mats, and a few average finds...I'd avoid Pinkal.

Quo
May 8, 2004, 04:15 PM
Skyly.

Best ID in Eps 1& 2. It's not like you can't switch items between files anyway.

If I were going to hunt the uber skyly drops, I would want a force to do it.

Whitill sucks hard. Its only redeeming drops are the Rico items and an easy caduceus ( even though it doesn't look like the true caduceus). Diska of Braveman, Anyone?

Ketchup345
May 8, 2004, 05:48 PM
On 2004-05-08 14:15, Quo wrote:
Skyly.

Whitill sucks hard. Its only redeeming drops are the Rico items and an easy caduceus ( even though it doesn't look like the true caduceus). Diska of Braveman, Anyone?

1) Skyly doesn't have many good FOrce finds, and there are much more FOrce oriented IDs out there. He doesn't provide his current IDs, so one that is FOrce oriented would be a good suggestion.
2) Whitill is a great ID for all classes. It finds Mechguns fairly easily (better chance for ones with hit%, only other ID that is better at this is Purplenum). Slicers are great items (though few realize this), and one with hit% is insane. Diska of Braveman rips through De Rol Lie. At least FOrces can use the Diska of Braveman. They can't use either of Skyly's main finds (Swords and Rifles).
3) I found more Diska of Braveman with my Redria than my Whitill friend (and he was a higher level).

Hrith
May 8, 2004, 06:11 PM
On 2004-05-08 14:15, Quo wrote:
Skyly.

here comes someone that has not studied the drops http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif
There are at least 4 IDs better than Skyly, whatever your class.

And I regard Whitill as the best ID in game, after over 4000 hours on NGC.

Nai_Calus
May 8, 2004, 07:22 PM
I would not want a Force to hunt the uber SKYLY drops. Face it, you're going to hunt Sealed J in Tower. You're just going to. For this, you do not want to use a Force unless you've got some nice beefy RAs with Frozen Shooters backing you up. Trust me on this.

Quo
May 8, 2004, 10:59 PM
On 2004-05-08 17:22, Ian-KunX wrote:
I would not want a Force to hunt the uber SKYLY drops. Face it, you're going to hunt Sealed J in Tower. You're just going to. For this, you do not want to use a Force unless you've got some nice beefy RAs with Frozen Shooters backing you up. Trust me on this.

That could be, I'm offline only so I wouldn't know about the Tower. Forces pwn offline single mode.

Kef, I have studied the drop rates quite often. Skyly seems to be the best over all ID because it has the best HU drops. Force weapons are techs so any ID will do. And I hate rangers so I never care about the RA drops in IDs.

Shadow-death
May 10, 2004, 03:35 PM
what does Pinkal do cause my friend sayes it Techs and Canes??

Ketchup345
May 10, 2004, 03:39 PM
On 2004-05-10 13:35, Shadow-death wrote:
what does Pinkal do cause my friend sayes it Techs and Canes??

Pinkal is Canes. All IDs find the same tech disks at the same rates. Read my sticky.

Primrose
May 10, 2004, 04:37 PM
Actually Pinkal is Wands and Partisans http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif,
but Pinkal does find all rare canes.
They also have higher chances for better slotted armors.

If this thread gets to 4 pages i might post my opinion, but so far, its the same old question were all used to... and i dont like repeating...

lain2k3
May 10, 2004, 05:19 PM
On 2004-05-08 20:59, Quo wrote:

On 2004-05-08 17:22, Ian-KunX wrote:

That could be, I'm offline only so I wouldn't know about the Tower. Forces pwn offline single mode.

Kef, I have studied the drop rates quite often. Skyly seems to be the best over all ID because it has the best HU drops. Force weapons are techs so any ID will do. And I hate rangers so I never care about the RA drops in IDs.

I dont agree with skyly even having the best HU drops. Granted, there are many excellent weapons findable in skyly, but there is little to nothing in the way of armor, and no god/battle. All the rifles from skyly are trash, unless you find a justy with good hit. Force drops, which are good, are almost non existant in skyly.

Redria is much better for hunters and melee forces. It has an easier demo comet, better common drop, easiest lavis cannon, only iritista and god/battle, more and easier other units, easy asuka, easiest MKB, among many other advantages over skyly.

And your staement about forces is wrong as well, every class pwns offline single mode, some more than others.

Rain7
May 11, 2004, 02:57 AM
[/quote]

And your staement about forces is wrong as well, every class pwns offline single mode, some more than others.

[/quote]

Actually force characters do own offline mode. I have played as hunters and rangers ever since the dc version but only since the gc version have I started to play as force characters. My lvl 186 HUmar still can take a beating in mines/ruins (need to rely heavily on units), while my lvl 130 FOnewm can handle anything and from a safe distance. Fire scepter + gifoie merge = pain for robots http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

lain2k3
May 11, 2004, 05:41 AM
On 2004-05-11 00:57, Rain7 wrote:

Actually force characters do own offline mode. I have played as hunters and rangers ever since the dc version but only since the gc version have I started to play as force characters. My lvl 186 HUmar still can take a beating in mines/ruins (need to rely heavily on units), while my lvl 130 FOnewm can handle anything and from a safe distance. Fire scepter + gifoie merge = pain for robots http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I've pwned the crap out of ult ruins and mines, and GDV with a level 125 humar before, I did mines without a mag, unknowingly.

every class pwns offline, if you know how to play them

Primrose
May 11, 2004, 04:29 PM
Sure offline is easy once you have the knack, but there is a big difference between force characters and lets say androids.
Clear Seabed with a FOnewearl, then with any android.
Clear Mines with a FOnewm, then with any android.
The clear times will differ greatly.

Hrith
May 11, 2004, 04:30 PM
On 2004-05-11 14:29, Primrose wrote:
Sure offline is easy once you have the knack, but there is a big difference between force characters and lets say androids.
Clear Seabed with a FOnewearl, then with any android.
Clear Mines with a FOnewm, then with any android.
The clear times will differ greatly.

Indeed, Hedoba with Red Merge and Psycho Wand is slower than Kefka in Mines offline.

Primrose
May 11, 2004, 04:39 PM
I have yet to see a character class that can beat ruins and especially mines offline faster than a FOnewm.
I have yet to see a character class that can beat seabed offline faster than a FOnewearl, or any given area in Episode 2.

lain2k3
May 11, 2004, 04:45 PM
On 2004-05-11 14:39, Primrose wrote:
I have yet to see a character class that can beat ruins and especially mines offline faster than a FOnewm.

The you have yet to see a ranger with a spread needle, a melee fomarl, or a hunter with slicer and mechguns.

Hrith
May 11, 2004, 05:17 PM
Hed with a PW = a FOnewm with 1750 MST, and Kefka is clearly faster in Cave, Mines and Terra in Ruins.

I have yet to see a character class that can beat seabed offline faster than a FOnewearl, or any given area in Episode 2.
Terra is the fastest in Temple and GDV, Kefka in Spaceship.

Only areas Hed really pwns faster than other chars are Forest and Seabed, and she's actually the slowest in Ruins.

jnblz316
May 11, 2004, 06:13 PM
i have a skyly hunewearl and i have almost every lvl 15,20,&30 techs. so i wouldn't go by which character drops the most high lvl techs. if you want good froce weapons then go for a pinkal.

lain2k3
May 11, 2004, 06:15 PM
On 2004-05-11 16:13, jnblz316 wrote:
i have a skyly hunewearl and i have almost every lvl 15,20,&30 techs. so i wouldn't go by which character drops the most high lvl techs. if you want good froce weapons then go for a pinkal.

Have you read anything posted before you? I doubt it.

Pinkal is not good for force weapons, in terms of usefulness, only in quantity. There are only about 7-10 useful force weapons in the game anyway.

Primrose
May 12, 2004, 08:58 AM
A FOnewm with Red Merge, Magical Piece and Psycho Wand destroys a group of Gillchichs in 3 Gifoies, or 2 Rafoie & 1 Gifoie if you like switching for faster performance, how can any android compete with that speed?

I believe HUnewearls and RAmarls are also excellent for solo, thanks to their lv 20 support techniques. But androids, HUmars and RAmars have a harder time.

Hrith
May 12, 2004, 09:26 AM
looooooooooooooooool, do you even have a HUnewearl ? even with Shifta/Zalure 20, she cannot compare with 1639 ATP, HUnewearl is weak, and therefore slow, Thousand is faster (RAcast), casting support techniques takes time, btw.

I was saying FOnewearl + PW + Red Merge, not FOnewm.

I don't know what kind of damage a FOnewm does, but it must not be so much better than a FOnl with maxed MST.
Dealing 500ish to all monsters is good, 1000ish is better.
I use confuse traps on a bunch of monsters (incredibly useful in Mines), freeze traps on some other monsters (Sinows, for instance), and almost never get hit.
Tech-casting is good, but you get hit a lot, or have to run away from blows, either way you lose time.

No need to talk about Ruins, the only char that is slower than my FOnewearl there is my FOmarl.

Primrose
May 12, 2004, 12:00 PM
Hm, its getting somewhat off topic now...

But whats so funny? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
HUnewearls max ATP = 1237 ATP.
So with shifta 20 i do this: 1237 : 100 x 134.7 = 1666 ATP, compared to the 1639 ATP of a HUcast, HUnewearl wins already, but to that she can add some Zalure level 20, and thats ebil. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/drakee.gif
Of course, Androids have traps and especially in mines, traps really get their uses.

A FOnewm with Magical Piece, Gifoie Merge and maxed MST can do 730 damage on a Gillchich, do not forget the benefits of Gifoie, it can damage enemies that spawn in for example. (of course, some are invulnerable the very moment they spawn in.)
But techniques target way more enemies you will get to hit with any weapon, thanks to the fact that it never misses and that the damage radius is wider than say, a shot type weapon. If you want to get faster, simply stand next to an enemy (Deband will do, if not Jellen the enemy) and then cast your technique, and let yourself get hit by an enemy, like this, you can instantly cast another technique, thanks to this method, you can ignore the long waiting time after casting Gifoie, however if you cast Gifoie as your first technique choice, cast Rafoie as a second choice, since you yourself will be invulnerable for a short while, since you got hit.
This saves you a couple of seconds.

AquaFlare7
May 12, 2004, 12:11 PM
why not do what I do and just create all 12 characters and spread every section ID across them in the most logical order? That way you could technically get anything you want http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Unfortunately you would have to have the same insanity as me and go out to buy 3 memory cards....

Rain7
May 14, 2004, 02:47 AM
On 2004-05-11 14:45, lain2k3 wrote:

The you have yet to see a ranger with a spread needle, a melee fomarl, or a hunter with slicer and mechguns.

This is one of the worst comments I have ever seen. Are you trying to imply that these characters can clear mines faster than a FOnewm? You sir, have obviously never played as a force.

DarthFomar
May 14, 2004, 03:36 AM
I like purplenum and pinkal. And btw....if you guys wanted to know about finding God/minds with Pinkal and how good you could find them or if you wanted proof; well, I have found over 8 or 9 of them all together..... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. So if you want some god/minds for your force Pinkal is definitly a good way to go. If anyone wants some of my God/minds just ask. We can trade in a few months when I'm actually online by then. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

lain2k3
May 14, 2004, 02:49 PM
On 2004-05-14 00:47, Rain7 wrote:

On 2004-05-11 14:45, lain2k3 wrote:

This is one of the worst comments I have ever seen. Are you trying to imply that these characters can clear mines faster than a FOnewm? You sir, have obviously never played as a force.

I have done upwards of 50 offline mines runs with a fonewm with over 1200 mst before he got corrupted. Ramarls with SN, hunewearls with red slicer and mechguns, and my melee fomarl (even a lower level) cleared mines faster than the fonewm.

Fonewm:
unarmed
rafoie merge
30/0/0/170 mag
100 mind mats
level 29 rafoie

clears mines slower than:

Fomarl:
charge vulcans, charge dika (both 50 hit)
maxed ata, 700 base atp, level 28-29 S/D/J/Z

Their time was similar, the others were no contest.

Primrose
May 15, 2004, 07:12 AM
Actually after doing some calculations, i found out that even FOnewearls can clear a group of Gillchichs/Canabins in 3 Gifoies with Magical Piece, Gifoie Merge and maxed MST. I have this unofficial "thing" going on with Kef, so were looking which classes do better in whatever area.

With a maxed out HUnewearl and Shifta/Zalure level 20 you will do 682 damage (hard attack) on a Gillchich with S-Rank Sword. So thats exactly enough to kill in a hard-hard-hard combo, provided you never miss.
You will most likely miss one Gillchich out, so you will have to start a second combo.
With Gifoie spam you can stand still and will automatically hit Gillchichs and Canabins flying around, or even hit spawning enemies, without worrying about forming them together.
Forces might have a disadvantage while doing Vol Opt ver.2 though, since it doesnt respond to technique bonuses.
But i have said enough about forces offline for the moment.

The thread has reached four pages, so heres my opinion on Pinkal...

Pinkal is the best force ID, in quantity, it finds all force items bar 5, including Holy Ray, Sting Tip, Evil Curst, Elysion, and excluding Section ID cards. Most of them are easy to get. Take a look:

Caduceus (1/2 Ultimate Pouilly Slime)
Star Amplifier (1/2 Ultimate Forest Hildetorr)
Hitogata (1/394 Ultimate Delbiter)
Rabbit Wand (1/2 Ultimate Love Rappy)
Branch of Paku Paku (87.5% Hard Al Rappy)
Fatsia (1/46 Hard Delbiter, or 1/46 Very Hard Gi Gue)
Plantain Leaf (1/46 Hard Gibbles)
Magic Rock Moola (1/82 Very Hard VR Spaceship Hidoom)
Elysion (87.5% Very Hard Al Rappy)
Sting Tip (87.5% Very Hard Love Rappy)
Madams Umbrella (1/80 Very Hard Delbiter)
Club of Laconium/Mace of Adaman/Club of Zumiuran
Fire Scepter: Agni/Ice Staff: Dagon/Storm Wand: Indra
Evil Curst (1/22406 Ultimate Bulclaw)

These items drop at the same rarity for all IDs that are able to find them:
Sorcerers Right Arm
Gal Griffon Wing
Hildebears Head
Hildeblues Head
Demonic Fork
Windmill
Technical Crozier (Soul of a Blacksmith)
Magical Piece (46 Photon Drops)
Game Magazine (Ticket game)
Flower Cane (offline Challenge)
Broom (offline Challenge)
Marinas Bag (Easter Egg)
Amore Rose (Easter Egg)

These items are easier on other IDs:
Guardianna (Purplenum, but its a pretty easy drop in general)
Psycho Wand (Purplenum, followed by Bluefull & Oran)
Holy Ray (Bluefull, for other IDs its the same)
The Sigh of a God (Oran & Yellowboze)
Talis (Viridia, Greennill, Skyly, Purplenum, Redria, Yellowboze, Whitill, boss drop is same for all IDs though)
Mahu (Skyly, boss drop is same for all IDs though)

Items that are not obtainable by Pinkal:
Prophets of Motav (Oran)
Book of Hitogata (Bluefull, Purplenum & Viridia are even harder)
Battle Verge/Brave Hammer/Alive Aqhu (a few IDs)
All Section ID cards bar Pinkal Card.
Madams Parasol (Viridia)

Pinkal finds all Amplifiers and all Barriers. Armors have higher chances of getting slots, and Pinkal has like Redria seperate odds to Shield/Armor stats (can be good, and can be bad)
Pinkal finds a good amount of force usable armors:
Aura Field (Oran has the easiest by far, but Pinkal on second place)
Luminous Field (easiest on Pinkal)
DF Field (Redria, second easiest on Pinkal and Greennill)
Smoking Plate (dont even try Pinkal)
Spirit Garment (easier on a couple of other IDs, but easy)
Stink Frame (easier on a couple of other IDs, but easy)

Finds a good amount of force usable shields:
Tripolic Shield (pain to get on all IDs, but managable)
Invisible Guard (pain to get on all IDs)
Regen Gear Adv. (pain to get on all IDs)
Attribute Wall (easiest on Pinkal, but also easy on others)

Except for Psycho Wand, you can look for the best weapons of their class on Pinkal, and you have access to the best shields and armors a force can use on Pinkal.
Oh, Pinkal has easiest God/Mind and along with Purplenum can also get God/Ability, which is necessary for maxing newmans.
This was only from the view of a force player.
Theres not much more to it, but still, dont be fooled, there are other nice drops.

With Oran and Bluefull to back up or fill in the gaps, you can get all force items at a reasonable rate.

So for forces, i advice Pinkal, Bluefull, Oran, Purplenum or Yellowboze.
Other IDs are not that well suited, but its best to have different IDs, you can still swap items in multi player with your other IDs anyway, so take it easy.

Ketchup345
May 15, 2004, 07:53 AM
Prim- You said Pinkal finds Magic Rock: Moola.

But you didn't put it under the easier to find in other IDs section. It is an incredibly easy drop from Redria Very Hard Poison Lillies, and IDs that get it from VH Cave Pan Arms and Greenill's Very Hard Temple Hildebear.

Pan Arms in Caves are few and take long to come to (I think only in Spaceship Beta, not 100% sure though).

lain2k3
May 15, 2004, 08:49 AM
while there are pan arms in sapace ship alpha, MR:M is still much easier in other ID's

and Prim, you keep harping on the same point with each posts, that pinkal can find almost every force weapon, and that is your goal. Not everyone wants evey force weapon, mainly because the vast majority of them are worthless to a casting force. and casting forces are worthless in team play.

And your comment about hunewearls in mines, why the hell would one even try to use a sword in mines? I use Charge vulcans and a charge diska, both with 50 hit mostly. I kill gillchics in a combo, hard,special,special, without zalure. baranz die in a mechgun combo. and hunters/rangers really pick up speed in vol opt.

Hrith
May 15, 2004, 10:06 AM
On 2004-05-15 06:49, lain2k3 wrote:
Casting forces are worthless in team play.

Don't be so sure.

On 2004-05-15 05:12, Primrose wrote:
I have this unofficial "thing" going on with Kef, so were looking which classes do better in whatever area.
I have finished and posted it at Housoka; even I was surprised at some of the results.

Primrose
May 15, 2004, 10:22 AM
Prim- You said Pinkal finds Magic Rock: Moola.

But you didn't put it under the easier to find in other IDs section. It is an incredibly easy drop from Redria Very Hard Poison Lillies, and IDs that get it from VH Cave Pan Arms and Greenill's Very Hard Temple Hildebear.

Pan Arms in Caves are few and take long to come to (I think only in Spaceship Beta, not 100% sure though).

Pan Arms (Spaceship) appears in Alpha and Beta. Besides, Famitsu offers 10 of them.

Well i said easy, not easiest, but Magic Rock: Moola in general is a very easy item to come by, you just have to look at the right places, people often dont realize that fact.
The absolute easiest way to get Magic Rock: Moola is with Greennill, (Temple, very hard Hildebear) which needs a few Famitsu runs in Temple, since there are 18 Hildebears there, thats peanuts. Still i believe is followed by Purplenum, Bluefull and Pinkal Migium/Hidoom.
The Cave Pan Arms drop is also very easy, but Pan Arms are not that common, and the majority of them are spread around in Cave 3. However, an average of 6 Addicting Food runs (for Redria Poison Lily) is not bad either, but i wouldnt consider it as one of the best, doing Ice Spinner runs on Pinkal is probably even easier.
But all these drops are so close together in terms of difficulty, i wouldnt start nitpicking on this, its just too close.

and Prim, you keep harping on the same point with each posts, that pinkal can find almost every force weapon, and that is your goal. Not everyone wants evey force weapon, mainly because the vast majority of them are worthless to a casting force. and casting forces are worthless in team play.

Would you be satisfied if i would say Pinkal is the best ID for technique casting forces?
Sure i keep harping about that, because people seem to forget it, its a crushing fact for a Pinkal hater, because theres nothing he can do about it, not even can he say they are hard to find, since the majority of them are among the easiest.

In my opinion, the best melee force items are S-Ranks, of course, FOnewearls arent meant to melee, so it doesnt matter if she cant equip certain weapons.
Hm, Pinkal finds Soul Banish by the way, Bluefull is probably the better ID for a melee force.
But you actually did point out that it matters on what youre looking for, still you say Pinkal sucks because its drops are harder than on other IDs (youre opinion in general, i have read it a few times by now), and i looked at it, and i cant second that, just a few items, sadly, one being one of the best (Psycho Wand), which admittedly is a draw back.
Sure its my goal to get all force items, so therefore i study the drop rates for this matter, and Pinkal just suits me right, a technique casting force can get all weapons and merges that boost techniques except for Madams Parasol and Prophets of Motav, and thats all thats missing. Does Prophets of Motav provide more boost than the common 9 star wands? Does Madams Parasol provide a better boost than Marinas Bag?
No and no, of course they have better stats and are therefore better, but you will do fairly well without them,
i say if you can only have one ID for your force, think about Pinkal first, you will do great with it.
The 9 star cane and wand series that most of the people dislike are just among the best force items one can have. I still use the canes for big enemies and bosses, and the wands for full rooms like in ruins, since i dont have Psycho Wand.
Cant pipe anymore after 13 Hildeblues that were stingy about dropping Cure/Shock.
Maybe ill do some WT with my Bluefull...

And your comment about hunewearls in mines, why the hell would one even try to use a sword in mines? I use Charge vulcans and a charge diska, both with 50 hit mostly. I kill gillchics in a combo, hard,special,special, without zalure. baranz die in a mechgun combo. and hunters/rangers really pick up speed in vol opt.

Thats a matter of taste, i do not like slicers, even if they prove useful in mines, i dont like the way they target since youre not sure you will kill all of them, remember, if the Slicer misses one Gillchich, you redo a combo, that ends up in a loss of time, it doesnt sound like much, but tiny things like this add to your time. But i dont want to talk about this anymore in this thread, we can discuss this at Housoka if you want, okay?

...psst, FOnewm is the fastest in mines. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_clown.gif