PDA

View Full Version : If you can't drive get off the road!

AquaFlare7
May 7, 2004, 09:13 AM
I was just rear ended by this 83 year old man 4 days ago 3 times, yeah thats right, 3 times. The guy hit me and freaked out, accidentally pressing the gas rather than brake. after the first time he hit me, he *did* reverse temporarily to hit the person behind him before finishing the back of my car off.

Armok
May 7, 2004, 10:19 AM
My advice would be watch the southpark episode Grey Dawn. Its just a comedy of old ppl killing ppl in cars.

DarthFomar
May 7, 2004, 10:26 AM
I agree with the if you can't drive thingy. My sister ran over the sidewalk at sonic *luckily I wasn't with her* one day....she busted the tire, my dad was pissed, and I called her a dork...several, several times. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Look at that...can't even go to sonic without getting a flat...how sad. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif She's an ignignot. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ness
May 7, 2004, 03:41 PM
Part of me thinks that we should just take people off the road once they reach a certain age.

Scales_of_Air
May 7, 2004, 07:56 PM
Why don't we all help ourselves and ride bicycles?

SpikeOtacon
May 7, 2004, 08:21 PM
I was hit by a colorblind 73 year old man when crossing the intersection near my old house once. Not a pleasurable experience, I tell you.

KodiaX987
May 7, 2004, 08:34 PM
Rule of thumb: if the driver wears a hat, GET THE HELL OUTTA THE WAY!!! Other unpleasurable experiences include people who squeeze in the middle lane of a 3-lane onramp that merges into just one lane (by courtesy, we all line up on the left and right lanes and go alternatively, but some dumbasses think they're smart by taking the middle lane) Or, if you are really up for the ultimate: I've seen this on TV. There's some idiot in the middle of a 4-lane highway in her SUV. Stopped. Like, right in the middle, just stopped! Well, she slams the accelerator and drives straight into the left wall. Then, she goes into reverse and slams into the other wall. If that's not enough, she slams the accelerator again and goes for a few seconds AGAINST THE TRAFFIC before she turns around once again and resumes her path.

SpikeOtacon: thanks to your sig, you are now my god. Keep it up!

AquaFlare7
May 7, 2004, 08:37 PM
did I even mention my car had over a year of custom body work done to it?

ssephiroth_da_hunter
May 7, 2004, 11:22 PM
I hate drivers who think they are king of the road because they think there car is better than everybody elses. I also hate people who slowdown on the freeway or road just to look at an accident on the other side or at something that grabs their attention. I hate those kind of drivers!!!

Sharkyland
May 8, 2004, 08:05 PM
I hate cars that sounds so loud. x_x They accelerate for 10 ft then they hit the brake real hard. Though their doing damage to their car, not mine.

I almost got hit by some old people once, but I avoided it using some quick reflexes.

Scales_of_Air
May 11, 2004, 08:49 PM
(Not to be stereotypical, this is heavily influenced by my brother's diction with regard to the story) The piece-of-crap cars that are upgraded with new things and a two-ton spoiler make me laugh so hard. I have seen idiots driving these kind of cars and nearly killing people, but this is hilarious: My brother is driving home from work and sees a car had run up onto the curb on the side of the road. The bumper was trashed and the car was set so low it was resting on the frame and couldn't drive itself back down! The driver standing outside of it was loaded with fake jewelry, a XXXXXXXXXL T-shirt, and jeans so baggy they resembled a dress. My brother thought it hysterical, and described it to me with "The moron must have gotten his foot stuck in his shirt and couldn't hit the frikken break."

Another event; I'm going to pick up my girlfriend for date on the weekend. I turn into the Food Lion, where we usually meet up, and I see this old black sedan driven up facing me, and completely on the medium strip landscaping! Now, the medium strip divides the entrance and exit, and the driver came from the left and almost all the way over the landscaping before getting stuck. This means, she was driving out of the entrance - lol So what, did she try and drive the sedan into the correct lane? Who knows. But we have some inept drivers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scales_of_Air on 2004-05-11 18:51 ]</font>

DarthFomar
May 11, 2004, 08:58 PM
Yeah ppl are stupid these days.....I see ppl drive right in the middle of the road sometimes...no actuall a lot *lately at least*.

One time I was driving to a friends house and a car was coming the other way and there seemed to be no problem...but as we passed each other I hear this *smack...crack* noise {and my right mirror is one of those that can pop outta place when forced} well this jerk was driving to far on my side of the road with his car, and our mirrors hit. I was thinking...YOU DIE NOW!!!

Luckily there was no damage....I think the mirrors hit each other only slightly. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

shifter
May 11, 2004, 09:03 PM
On 2004-05-07 08:19, Armok wrote:
My advice would be watch the southpark episode Grey Dawn. Its just a comedy of old ppl killing ppl in cars.

funny episode. its funny how south park actually brings up relivent issues.

back on topic, i totally agree with ness. there should be some age limit for driving or some sort of driving test for old people. if they drive slow, erreatictly, or reclessly, you should get your licence yanked and have to ratake a hard driving test.

AquaFlare7
May 14, 2004, 10:52 AM
sigh....well my car is back in business. Insurance actually paid 4 times what it cost me to fix (I know people http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif) This is good for obvious reasons as I can now stop working for awhile!

KaFKa
May 14, 2004, 11:26 AM
On 2004-05-14 08:52, AquaFlare7 wrote:
sigh....well my car is back in business. Insurance actually paid 4 times what it cost me to fix (I know people http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif) This is good for obvious reasons as I can now stop working for awhile!

no, keep working and help out your god buddy KaFKa http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

seriously though, my friend and I have come up with a saying: F.O.P.

Fucking
Old
People

'nuff said, yeah?

Scejntjynahl
May 14, 2004, 11:44 AM
I hate ppl in SUV and Big Ass Trucks, they drive like the road was made just for them.

A story:

Driving in Los Angeles I saw an awesome black lambourgini (spelling ?) Licence plate from Florida (possible drug dealer, meh).

Said car revs and revs and changes lane after lane, looking for an opening. (On 5 North freeway) An opening appears, he takes it, man that car flew like a bat out of hell. Distance travelled, one mile LOL, some guy in a Hummer cut him off and his beautiful car ended up been under the rear tires of the Hummer.

And that is what impatience in a fast car gets you, a whole lot of explaining to do to insurance company.

HUnewearl_Meira
May 14, 2004, 12:22 PM
What really gets to me, is people who don't get into the lane they want to begin with.

I'm not talking about people who'll be like, "Oh! Wait! I need to turn here!" and then work their way over as casually as they can.

I'm talking about people who get into the far left lane, then get annoyed because they can't make their right turn due to traffic.

Hello! That's why there are three lanes! So people wanting to turn right don't have to deal with people wanting to turn left or go straight! You really should've worked your way over there a long, long time ago!

I realize that people like to switch between lanes here and there to get around people who are going slower than they want to and such, but geez, you're on a crowded, major street! If you want to get where you're planning on going, you've got to plan ahead!

This is precisely the reason why "through-traffic" is told to merge left on the highway.

And remember, kiddies: Every time you change lanes in front of someone, you slow someone down. One person changing lanes in dense traffic, can cause congestion a mile back!

KodiaX987
May 14, 2004, 12:28 PM
Hehe. You should see the scares those drivers generate by going from super-left lane to the exit lane in one single shot. Bam!

HUnewearl_Meira
May 14, 2004, 12:54 PM
My wife has personally seen someone kill himself doing that, actually. It was quite a while back. Some dude said, "Damn! I have to get off HERE, and I'm in the through-traffic lane!"

So he darted across three or four lanes in LA traffic, at the first opening he saw.

He ended up smacking right into another car already on the exit, as I recall the story.