PDA

View Full Version : GC-Challenge: Challenge Mode Online or Offline how did you f

Inferno6e
May 7, 2004, 10:27 AM
With me I had a party of 3 Offline and the first couple of chances we kept dying, but then soon after we pass the dragon and made it to the caves and died there.

So how did you do and any ideas on getting to the end.

Ketchup345
May 7, 2004, 01:25 PM
I got about 6 and a half hours for Episode 1 C-Mode online, with very little communication (I played through it in Alcyone 6-1, a JP ship, I don't speak a word of Japanese).

Epsiode 2 C-Mode, I did under 5 hours, but only by about a half hour or so (check my profile for actual times, E2 C4 is 10 mins short because of this site's limitations).

For how to do it:
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewtopsection&section=Challenge+Mode&secver=1

Reccommended characters are:
2x Hucast/HUcaseal
1x RAcast/RAcaseal
1x FOmarl/FOnewearl

BoBoTheOgre
May 7, 2004, 01:38 PM
I got to Ruins one with my little brother with two rangers but then he decided to deleat that character.

Sharkyland
May 8, 2004, 08:41 PM
We usually don't have a good offline team because we either get lost or keeping dying ESPECIALLY C2. Now online, there are some people who know the map so well and some who can fight really well.

lain2k3
May 9, 2004, 02:20 AM
Offline cmode is obscenely difficult compared to online,because all of you must be in the same room,let alone continent.

I want a crazy tune, but its not happening.

and my first run through ep1 cmode I got about 5 hours, not hard at all online >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lain2k3 on 2004-05-09 00:21 ]</font>

Sharkyland
May 9, 2004, 12:35 PM
Omigod, I seriously forgot about that. That was one problem I had when I was doing offline (after like many months of online) and we were complaining what the hell... why can't we go down the pipe?

rena-ko
May 10, 2004, 02:16 PM
all players have to pipe at once.
at least there's no damage cancel offline..

Capricornus
May 12, 2004, 08:07 AM
The 4 split screen can sometimes be a real pain.

Advised to play on a big screen to cope with this (unless you're used to play with a GBA) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Primrose
May 13, 2004, 06:51 AM
I do offline challenge with my neighbour (14 years old) and my brother (9 years old) and got 3 S-Ranks so far (actually 4, but my data corrupted a while ago), so it works fine, we get times under 6 hours.

It has its pros and cons though, you can fight in different rooms, but you must be sure that you are together near the end, since you cannot pipe alone.
Sadly, enemies wont get the extended freezing time you sometimes get online. (rena-ko refers to it as freeze-lock)
You can communicate very fast compared to the online world, since i dont even have a keyboard, it makes a big difference to me.
However, the screen is very small, you really have to get used to it and a bigger TV doesnt necesseraly solve the problem, since the resolution suffers anyway.
I believe a group of challenge veterans could maybe get a better time offline, thanks to the fact that damage cancel does not exist.

Jazhara
May 13, 2004, 07:05 AM
On 2004-05-13 04:51, Primrose wrote:
I believe a group of challenge veterans could maybe get a better time offline, thanks to the fact that damage cancel does not exist.

The slowdown / framerate drop offline makes it much harder to get good times in Mines, RUins or EpII stages. The clock keeps running, yet the game runs at 50-75% speed.

If it wasn't for that, you'd be right. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Primrose
May 13, 2004, 10:15 AM
It depends, the slow downs only occur in four player mode and some really full rooms (probably it happens enough with three players in Episode 2 offline challenge, but im not a PSO plus player), but even then its rather a rare occurence.
With three players, youll do fine, but with four players, youre pushing the system to its limits.
But i guess youre right, you wont get the best times with three players.
Thats why i dont like playing multi player with four people anyway.

Coolest-Mum
May 14, 2004, 09:11 AM
Ive got to Mines off line, but now we a little stuck cos we really need a force char to heal as the resta you find are to high for a HU or RA to use, so im gonna have to start over with a FO char get her up to mines so that i can continue, mix and match lol