PDA

View Full Version : Moving temp chars

minsc
May 7, 2004, 11:31 AM
Somehow, after moving one of my characters over to a temp file, she was deleted. I've been wondering if there's any way to get her off the temp file and onto a regular character spot. So, if I bought a new memory card, would I be able to move her onto it?

Alighieri
May 7, 2004, 12:01 PM
There is no way to copy character files. Making a temp char file is just what it says to be - a TEMP character file. If you`re playing offline multiplayer you need to choose "Quit Game" twice (first IN the actual game and second time in the following menu) - if you reset/shutdown/etc your console before doing that, no changes are going to be made to the original chara file.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alighieri on 2004-05-07 10:02 ]</font>

minsc
May 7, 2004, 12:46 PM
I don't understand what you're saying. Either that, or you didn't understand my question. I'll ask again.

I moved my character to a temp file. Then she was deleted, not the temp file, but the main file. A new char was then made in her place. So now I have her just in a temp char slot. I want to get her off the temp slot, and back onto the main part. Is this possible?

I'm thinking it's not, simply because it seems like it could be a way to dupe. But I'd like a confirmation.

Alighieri
May 7, 2004, 01:00 PM
As I said - TEMP character file must return to it`s original file - otherwise it won`t work. I tried to do the same thing in the past and failed.

VioletSkye
May 7, 2004, 01:03 PM
On 2004-05-07 10:46, minsc wrote:
I don't understand what you're saying. Either that, or you didn't understand my question. I'll ask again.

I moved my character to a temp file. Then she was deleted, not the temp file, but the main file. A new char was then made in her place. So now I have her just in a temp char slot. I want to get her off the temp slot, and back onto the main part. Is this possible?

I'm thinking it's not, simply because it seems like it could be a way to dupe. But I'd like a confirmation.

NO. it is NOT possible. As was already explained to you, the TEMP char MUST be returned to the EXACT spot on the ORIGINAL card. If you created a new char in her place, then you are stuck with the TEMP char being a TEMP char forever.

minsc
May 7, 2004, 01:11 PM
On 2004-05-07 11:03, VioletSkye wrote:

On 2004-05-07 10:46, minsc wrote:

NO. it is NOT possible. As was already explained to you, the TEMP char MUST be returned to the EXACT spot on the ORIGINAL card. If you created a new char in her place, then you are stuck with the TEMP char being a TEMP char forever.

No need to emphasize so much, I'm not completely dense. Thank you for the information, both of you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: minsc on 2004-05-07 11:13 ]</font>

VioletSkye
May 7, 2004, 01:43 PM
you're WELCOME!!! lol. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif