PDA

View Full Version : A good Luck stat?

iamfanboy
May 7, 2004, 02:43 PM
Okay, we all know how much it helps to be able to dish out the crits, and a character's luck stat (in theory) affects that.

...So what's a good luck stat to go for? Right now I'm wondering because I still have a lot of Material slots open on my melee FOmar, and I'm wondering if I should save them to pump him full of Luck mats or go for as many Power and Evade mats as I can.

Is there any hard data on HOW Luck affects your critical chances? Anywhere?

lain2k3
May 7, 2004, 02:51 PM
It's proven that the luck stat affects critical hits, and only critical hits.

Im sure sounomi will reply with teh evidence.

rena-ko
May 7, 2004, 02:52 PM
100 luck lets you serve a critical with a chance of 25%.

your choice, i personally settle for either 10 luck or 70 luck.
why 70? because several weapons/units have a boost there and i dont want to waste away those precious luck mats... furthermore, i dont need crits, they're good to have, but not essential for my style.

have fun

iamfanboy
May 7, 2004, 02:58 PM
Hmm...

70 sounds good, I can always pipe for a GOD/LUCK.

Oh, I've asked you this twice, Renako; is your sig a reference to Ayumu Kasuga? Osaka? And her inability to tell the difference between an escalator and an elevator?

Dragon_Ash
May 7, 2004, 03:12 PM
i'd also go for around 70 luck, definately great on ramrals + high hit mechs or teh spread needle XD

Armageddon013
May 7, 2004, 04:29 PM
i have 100 and using a Demoletion Comet and it does wonders having all the critical hits. i can tear De Rol Lie's skull off in one full combo(N,H,H)

Cc08
May 7, 2004, 05:37 PM
I have 100 on one of my characters, and it works pretty well. There isn't that much of a difference between 100 and 70ish.

Shigecki
May 7, 2004, 06:55 PM
I'd say that there isn't much difference between 30 and 100. I have a HUmar with 100, and he gets just as many crit hits with him as I do with HUcast that only has about 30. I think that besides looking cool to see the stat maxed out, it is just a waist of mats.