PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP A.S.A.P!!!

Ice-13-
May 7, 2004, 03:47 PM
i just got broadband today and i wanna play pso online but i dont know how to set it up i.e im not sure what information into the gamecube broadband abdapter and what wire go's where please can some one give me the answer a.s.a.p!!!

my modem is a motorola SB5100
my isp is telewest broadband
and i have the gamecube broadband adapter

also i dont really unstand computer talk so can you dumb the answer down a little

VioletSkye
May 7, 2004, 04:07 PM
On 2004-05-07 13:47, Ice-13- wrote:
i just got broadband today and i wanna play pso online but i dont know how to set it up i.e im not sure what information into the gamecube broadband abdapter and what wire go's where please can some one give me the answer a.s.a.p!!!

my modem is a motorola SB5100
my isp is telewest broadband
and i have the gamecube broadband adapter

also i dont really unstand computer talk so can you dumb the answer down a little

generally, you can either do a direct connect in which you will use an ethernet cable to run from your modem to your GC's BBA, or you can use a router or hub so that you can play PSO and be online with your pc at the same time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-05-07 14:08 ]</font>

Ice-13-
May 7, 2004, 04:14 PM
ok ill do the direct thing but what iformation do i put into it? in network set up

Rich_T
May 7, 2004, 04:19 PM
"my modem is a motorola SB5100"
this the one
http://broadband.motorola.com/consumers/images/sb5100_back.jpg
"my isp is telewest broadband"
Telewest as in the Cable TV company?
Telewest as in Telewest Blue yonder?
"and i have the gamecube broadband adapter "
youve got most of the correct kit.

Theres several differnt ways to set it all up, using Routers/Hubs/Switches and so on, but if you want to avoid any of that technical gubbins heres the non tech method:

There will be a wire that goes from the Motorola modem into the back of your P.C, unplug it from your computer and plug it into your gamecube BBA.
Next go to the pso netwrok set up file, dont worry aout any of the technical stuff on there, just leave everything on Automatic.
Try and connect to the homepage.

If thats working then your OK, if not then
disconect the motorola modem from the mains, count to ten ( to clear any memory from the modem) plug it back in, and try again, if you had to unplug it, then plug it back in again, you will have to do this each time you change from using your P.C online to using your gamecube online.