PDA

View Full Version : How is the damage from Heaven Punisher's special calculated?

Zinger314
May 7, 2004, 09:38 PM
Topic. Yes, I know it's many beams of light that do much damage to enemies, but....how is the damage calculated? Is it a lv. 12 Grants like Hosuka PSO says? Does your ATP or MST Affect damage? Does the enemy's ELC or DFP affect damage? Do Photon percents affect damage?

Details, please!

Firocket1690
May 7, 2004, 09:40 PM
I always thought it was just a hard attack that hadf an extended range..
meh~
too lazy to open up the files and looky.

But I'm positive it's not mst based (RAcast)

Kuea
May 7, 2004, 09:40 PM
well from all I have read and debated,
it is either a level 15 grants with 5000 MST and any extra mst you have is added or it is just a level 12 grants that has a damage variance according to your MST and their resist light

Kuea
May 7, 2004, 09:42 PM
well someone(can't remember who) said that it has an attack of grants level 15 plus 5000 MST(you would think it would do higher damage)
and your MST is just added to it.
I don't thikn so because the differance of like 200 MST makes it a 27-100 damagae variance

PJ
May 7, 2004, 10:03 PM
I think someone said earlier the damage was Grants damamge, and it was effected by MST. For androids, it could be the androids level.

That's what I remember, don't quote me on this

Soukosa
May 7, 2004, 10:27 PM
It's affected by MST for ALL classes. Beyond that, read what my site says.

Zinger314
May 7, 2004, 10:30 PM
On 2004-05-07 20:27, Sounomi wrote:
It's affected by MST for ALL classes. Beyond that, read what my site says.

Well, as I already said, Hosuka PSO only said it's a lv. 12 Grants.

But if it was affected by MST, how would it work for the Android Rangers, as a poster previously said?

Soukosa
May 7, 2004, 11:31 PM
Androids have 0 MST, so the game uses 0 MST for the calculating of the damage.

Kuea
May 7, 2004, 11:46 PM
OK
thanks sounomi.
any other sorta differant info that you have found out?

Primrose
May 8, 2004, 07:05 AM
You have to think of it like with Dragons Claw, which is also usable by android hunters. Foie is then casted with a random level between 3-15. But with the addition of MST, Merges and technique class bonuses (in this case not of importance, since hunters dont have technique class bonuses) Foie also gains in strength.

Divine Punishment is therefore a unique technique with e set power level of 2000 that is based on light attack. Up to 12 enemies can be hit withtin a slighty reduced Handgun range, and a radius of a shot.
To calculate the damage, add your characters MST to 2000, divide it by 5. Then divide this number by 100 and multiply it by 100 minus the enemy resistence to light.
Dont forget, numbers are always round down.
You can always use PSOW's technique damage calculator with Grants level 12, but its result would be slightly inaccurate, because its power level is 2000, not 2005, unlike Grants level 12.
Im nitpicking here...

Soukosa
May 8, 2004, 11:19 AM
When I checked it, the power matched lv 12 Grants just fine. PSOW's tech damage calculator could just be wrong with its calculations.

Primrose
May 8, 2004, 12:12 PM
Like i said, im just nitpicking here.
For example, with a RAmar that has maxed MST (665), i do 533 damage on a Poison Lily in Caves (Poison Lilies have 0 Light resistence)
If i calculate it with PSOW's technique damage calculator and Grants level 12, i get a damage of 534, and if i calculate it by hand, using Grants's power of 2005, i also get 534.

Either way is pretty accurate, the power level is set to 2000 though. However, i wouldnt compare it to Grants, since its not the same technique, just because it works with Light doesnt make it Grants.