PDA

View Full Version : Heroside Speed Run Complete

PrinceBrightstar
May 8, 2004, 02:46 AM
After a time of 1h 15m 32s for a 100% completion of Metroid II Return of Samus, I wondered what I was going to do to top it. I now have the answer. I have completed Heroside for Phantasy Star Online Episode III in 3 hours 51 minutes, and its all captured on video. Expect to see it up for download soon (although beware the file will be HUGE, about .95 GB now that I have it converted, so I won't be hosting it. Instead It'll be joining the Speed Demos Archive for the place of download...more details on that later) This is one victory that cheaters won't be taking away from me!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2004-05-08 06:12 ]</font>

Sharkyland
May 8, 2004, 08:58 PM
All the quests or just straight run through the story killer ones? And did you start from scratch or did you have some already good cards in your deck?

Either way that's a good time.

Aunt_Betty
May 8, 2004, 09:40 PM
I don't kmow....If you upload it you may kill the internet from lack of bandwith. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Not really but that's just amazing.

YunKnight
May 8, 2004, 11:40 PM
.......my friend.....beat it in under 2 hours....

Ill get him to do it again and make a movie of it....

Hahaha took me like 10 hours XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: YunKnight on 2004-05-08 21:41 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
May 9, 2004, 12:06 AM
character from scratch, and no losses along the way meaning its all one long recording. Using a scratch character is the only way to say that it was done properly and fairly, given that you have a set number of cards when you start a new character. 2 hours I agree is possible with a character that has many SS rank cards.

Para
May 9, 2004, 01:46 AM
Is it possible if you could get alot of silfer screenshots john? I need them for a Sil'fer skin which I plan to use the screenshots as a guide.

PrinceBrightstar
May 9, 2004, 08:22 AM
I'll try to.

Link00seven
May 9, 2004, 09:40 AM
That's awesome http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Congratulations.

Sharkyland
May 9, 2004, 12:40 PM
On 2004-05-08 23:46, Nites wrote:
Is it possible if you could get alot of silfer screenshots john? I need them for a Sil'fer skin which I plan to use the screenshots as a guide.

Ooo, Sil'fer screenshots.

PrinceBrightstar
May 20, 2004, 06:26 AM
Ok, it finally got up. Thanks to Radix of Planet Quake's Speed Demos Archive for hosting this.

The total size of these videos is huge. 1.38 Gigabytes. Because of this I split the video into 8 parts to make it easier to download. Sil'fer was used for the most part in these videos so those who wanted tons of footage, now's your chance to grab it. Unfortunately the video and audio became desynched near the end of the run and you'll notice it mostly in the battle with Pollux.
Welcome to my heroside speed run. Time = 3h 51m.

http://www.planetquake.com/sda/other/pso3.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2004-05-20 04:33 ]</font>

McDonalds
May 20, 2004, 07:33 AM
Congrats on that, it would of tooken me about 5 hours if I started from scratch.

Lede
May 23, 2004, 01:27 PM
i did it it under two hours with no srank cards, so yes its possible, to bad u dont know how.

Para
May 24, 2004, 09:35 AM
On 2004-05-23 11:27, Lede wrote:
i did it it under two hours with no srank cards, so yes its possible, to bad u dont know how.

prove it with video?

PrinceBrightstar
May 24, 2004, 05:52 PM
...the point is that you started with a fresh character. not a character that has tons of N and R cards.