PDA

View Full Version : Does level effect the drop rate?

Switchblayde
May 10, 2004, 03:24 PM
Well i think it does because I find way cooler stuff when i play my higher leveled characters. II can get better drops n almost every category, grinders, materials, and SPECIAL WEAPONS, Why is this and will someone also tell me if drops are easier to get online? I don't know because i have never played online but something tells me you do.

Ketchup345
May 10, 2004, 03:32 PM
Nothing changes the drop rates.
They are fixed at a chance.

Your more findings at higher levels are because you are killing more monsters, resulting in more items.

Certain online quests do have altered drop rates though. But those are the only exceptions.

Porphyria
May 12, 2004, 03:09 PM
Which quests are those, and what are the items whose drop rates increase?

rena-ko
May 12, 2004, 03:12 PM
the only quests that have different droprates are c-mode-stages.

besides this, its said that certain ways in maximum attack 2 (famitsu cup 2) have the drop chances (not the rates) set to 0 for delsabers and garanz.

just kill lots of that kind of enemy that drops what you want and you'll get lucky if youre lucky enough.

good luck

Ketchup345
May 12, 2004, 03:20 PM
On 2004-05-12 13:12, rena-ko wrote:
the only quests that have different droprates are c-mode-stages.

besides this, its said that certain ways in maximum attack 2 (famitsu cup 2) have the drop chances (not the rates) set to 0 for delsabers and garanz.

just kill lots of that kind of enemy that drops what you want and you'll get lucky if youre lucky enough.

good luck

There is also some talk about the Hilde route of Famitsu Maximum Attack 2 the Delsabers have a 0% chance to drop anything.

This was tested and Suggest by Vulpes, Kef, and Auracom, and probably several others. There is also a certain hallway in normal play Spaceship that there are 2 of the lower wolves, and 1 larger wolf, and a Foie Trap; and the wolves have a 0% drop anything rate.

Mer
May 12, 2004, 08:13 PM
Higher lvls shouldnt hav better drop rates.Its only because your killing monsters faster.

WolfDreamer
May 13, 2004, 08:43 PM
A friend and I were just discussing this same thing online... It does seem like level effects what type of rares ya get, or their rates. The example that we've come up with and are currently expriementing is this. If a lvl 100 character starts an ultimate game, all we usually find is PD's. If a lvl 175+ character starts the game, we can find actual weapons/item/armor/etc. So maybe level doesn't effect the drop rates, but tweaks the ratios of whether or not you get another PD or an actual rare in those red boxes...

Dana
May 13, 2004, 08:53 PM
On 2004-05-13 18:43, WolfDreamer wrote:
A friend and I were just discussing this same thing online... It does seem like level effects what type of rares ya get, or their rates. The example that we've come up with and are currently expriementing is this. If a lvl 100 character starts an ultimate game, all we usually find is PD's. If a lvl 175+ character starts the game, we can find actual weapons/item/armor/etc. So maybe level doesn't effect the drop rates, but tweaks the ratios of whether or not you get another PD or an actual rare in those red boxes...

i've been talking to my friends about this for a while and i wanted to post in this but never got the chance and i DO(i know it's sad) believe thatb level has something to do with rare drops....for example all my chacters are finding more rares noe than they did befor....but thats probly cause they kill every thing super quike and get through entire area like lightning.......hmmmmmmm....let me just think about this for a while

ps my friends seem to notice that the highter they are the more rares they get....is tjis all coincidence or a conspiracy sonic team are hiding away(no one knows, or do they!)(the x-files music plays in m,y ears)and yes i am weird

Superguppie
May 14, 2004, 02:57 AM
well, one thing I did notice is that with my rising lvlz I go to areas with higher chances of rares dropping. Typically, a Normal Forest run gets me no rares except for the odd Photon Drop or AddSlot, while a run through ULT Ruins almost always gets me at least one rare. (Aaaaaahhhhhrrrrggggg, not another Bloody Art!!!!!!) And the latter I can only do with my highlvl chars...
And of course the higlvlz kill faster goes too. Instead of doing ULT Forest once, I do it twice, because it goes so fast...
So, I don't think theres a direct link between drop-rates and lvl. There are definitely some indirect ones that I think anyone could come up with him-/herself

DezoPenguin
May 14, 2004, 10:40 AM
On 2004-05-14 00:57, Superguppie wrote:
well, one thing I did notice is that with my rising lvlz I go to areas with higher chances of rares dropping. Typically, a Normal Forest run gets me no rares except for the odd Photon Drop or AddSlot, while a run through ULT Ruins almost always gets me at least one rare.

Well, part of the reason for that is that the "rare" drops for Normal critters aren't usually red-box items, except for some phenomenally rare body parts, Invisible Guards, and similar things. The Dragon's "rare" drop on Normal, for example, is a Star Atomizer. Likewise, on Ultimate, the drops you find inside boxes are more likely to be red-box items; in addition to PDs and AddSlots you get a nice variety of crappy weapons. So in this case, higher-level characters find more rares because there are more rares to find where they're playing.

(I'd assume the fastest way to get red boxes in quantity, not quality, would be to take a high-level character and shred things on Very Hard. The monsters die a lot faster than on Ult and the drop rates are much better, so you'd get more red boxes in less time.)

As for level actually affecting the drop rates, I trust Sounomi and the others who says there's no such thing in the game's code.