PDA

View Full Version : Female Newmans & Humans

Sharkyland
May 10, 2004, 07:16 PM
This is quite odd one coming from me, but comparing my HUnewearl to my RAmarl. It seems my HUnewearl has bigger feet than my RAmarl.

lain2k3
May 10, 2004, 07:49 PM
yep.

Saigan
May 10, 2004, 11:52 PM
Newmen have big feet I guess.

Like hobbits perhaps?

>_<

Nai_Calus
May 11, 2004, 05:36 AM
Hobbits have hairy feet, not big feet. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

HUnewearls have hairy feet? XD

SJ
May 11, 2004, 06:20 AM
It's freakishly possible, has anyone seen a newmen witout shoes?
*shudders*

Dana
May 11, 2004, 10:38 AM
i personly don't think newmans have hairy feet it just doen't seem a)cute like all newman females B)practical, newmans are ment to use magic more often than the otherraces and they could burn the hairs on the feet with foie spells so i don't think that they would have hairy feet.i think they have TOTALLY HAIRLESS feet.

Saigan
May 11, 2004, 11:34 AM
Newmen weren't the magic heavy race until the online PSO. They are the combination of human and monster DNA.

Maybe they have scales???

Or under all those clothes feathers perhaps?

Or maybe they're just hairy all over.

I think I woke up to early, this is wierd. I'm going back to bed.

rena-ko
May 11, 2004, 11:38 AM
uh

research some phantasy star history, k?

http://www.camineet.net/

there was a wonderful thread about all this some months ago...

Shrike
May 11, 2004, 05:25 PM
On 2004-05-11 09:34, Saigan wrote:

You do realize the HuNewearls don't have that much clothes.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Cheep
May 11, 2004, 05:52 PM
On 2004-05-11 15:25, Shrike wrote:

On 2004-05-11 09:34, Saigan wrote:

You do realize the HuNewearls don't have that much clothes.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

skin or fur? Humars have those pawish feet too. Aren't your feet in porportion with your forearm? Their arms aren't longer though... Sanji says their feet are in porportion with their ears Maybe they really just have teeny tiny feet in big shoe prosteses.

EJ
May 11, 2004, 06:01 PM
I have a question why are there no HUmarls and only Huwearls(sp) I always wanted to know that sorry for goin off topic

Cheep
May 11, 2004, 06:07 PM
On 2004-05-11 16:01, ForceEJ wrote:
I have a question why are there no HUmarls and only Huwearls(sp) I always wanted to know that sorry for goin off topic

They all stayed home to drink hot cocoa with the cheep. You want me to ask them to join the game? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif (or maybe thats just sanji and tha tmag is just the cat)

EJ
May 11, 2004, 06:11 PM
On 2004-05-11 16:07, Cheep wrote:

On 2004-05-11 16:01, ForceEJ wrote:

They all stayed home to drink hot cocoa with the cheep. You want me to ask them to join the game? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif (or maybe thats just sanji and tha tmag is just the cat)

why then are the ramarls out in the field instead of rawearls http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

lain2k3
May 11, 2004, 06:12 PM
Because HUmarls would be so uber it wouldnt be funny.

And because that's the class red ring rico is/was, there would be an insane amount of clones.

Cheep
May 11, 2004, 06:14 PM
On 2004-05-11 16:12, lain2k3 wrote:

And because that's the class red ring rico is/was, there would be an insane amount of clones.

I thought she was a fomarl,or was that just because fomarl was the only marl class at the time. Why would they be so "uber"?

lain2k3
May 11, 2004, 07:35 PM
On 2004-05-11 16:14, Cheep wrote:

On 2004-05-11 16:12, lain2k3 wrote:

I thought she was a fomarl,or was that just because fomarl was the only marl class at the time. Why would they be so "uber"?

Humans have the best ata growth in the game, they get 250 materials, they have higher atp than newman and half the droids, uber techs because they're female, and they're so uber that they're the only HU calss that can use red mechs.

I'd venture to say that they have 'teh knack' as well.

Pixel_Toa
May 11, 2004, 09:36 PM
I wonder why there are no Newmen Rangers. *sigh* What I would give to play a RAnewm!

Nai_Calus
May 11, 2004, 11:23 PM
Er... A HUmarl would have lower ATP than the HUmar, lower MST than a HUnewearl, probably be somewhere in the middle in DFP, EVP and ATA... How would she be the best class in the game and uber? XP She'd suffer from the same mediocre balancedness that makes people detest HUmars.

I still want my HUnewm(HUnewm as in the black and white sketch, not the big hulking ugly thing. Something like a prettier HUmar with fashion sense).

And FOcast! XD What the hell, RAnewm while we're at it. Equal rights for newms.

Dhylec
May 11, 2004, 11:39 PM
heh, why not humarl & ranewearl too? heck even focaseal is ok.. >.>
on topic, seem like the 3d model of hune got big feet.. in the artwork they don't look that big

Eihwaz
May 11, 2004, 11:47 PM
Hmm, I read somewhere that you can't have RAnewms or RAnewearls becuase they're against big, heavy artillery and guns. Or something like that.

HUmarl would be kinda nice. One reason we don't have her?

Well, the game's balance would be thrown.

iamfanboy
May 12, 2004, 05:59 AM
You want a FOcaseal, play Xenosaga and watch KOS-MOS for a while.

Man, I was doodling some ideas for the neglected classes, and I'm especially proud of the way my HUnewm was turning out. I remembered that bit about newmans being monster/human crossbreeds and he turned out almost... feral. Fangs, snarling, and armed with a claw THAT DIDN'T HAVE A CRAP ANIMATION.

Sorry. The annoyance of a claw's third strike kind of bugs me, and it makes sense for a HUnewm to use claws well; after all, wasn't Rika's Claw made by a legendary newman? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

My theory on the newmans of PSO is that each of them have monster DNA related to their distinct specialities. That'd explain why the mars and marls are so well-rounded compared to the painful specialities of the newmans.

Jason
May 12, 2004, 08:40 AM
I've read somewhere that newmans don't like guns, so there's no newman for rangers. Or they're just more suitable for hunters and forces instead as they can use several guns. I've seen a NPC newman uses a gun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-05-12 06:41 ]</font>

Sharkyland
May 12, 2004, 09:12 AM
On 2004-05-12 06:40, Jason wrote:
I've read somewhere that newmans don't like guns, so there's no newman for rangers. Or they're just more suitable for hunters and forces instead as they can use several guns. I've seen a NPC newman uses a gun.

You thinking about that one quest with that HUnewearl with the sniper rifle? I wouldn't mind having a RAnewearl.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2004-05-12 07:13 ]</font>

Dragon_Ash
May 12, 2004, 10:44 AM
I thought he meant montague O_o

Nai_Calus
May 12, 2004, 07:04 PM
A HUmarl would not be uber, again. She would be about the same as a HUnewearl/RAmarl and would be utterly boring and lame. Much the same reason we don't have a HUnewm. He would also suck.

HUcast specializes in power.

HUcaseal specializes in accuracy and evasion.

HUnewearl doesn't specialize, but tends towards magic.

HUmar doesn't specialize, but tends towards power and accuracy.

What's a HUmarl gonna do? Specialize in DFP?

HUnewm and HUmarl aren't in the game not because they would be uber, but because they would be mediocre because there's nothing left for them to DO.

lain2k3
May 12, 2004, 07:14 PM
On 2004-05-12 17:04, Ian-KunX wrote:

HUnewm and HUmarl aren't in the game not because they would be uber, but because they would be mediocre because there's nothing left for them to DO.

Hunewm arent in because they would be unbelievably fugly. Humarls would have teh knack, and be able to use red mechs. enough for me.

Nai_Calus
May 12, 2004, 07:31 PM
It depends on the HUnewm design. One of the BoH designs wasn't hideous.

On the other hand, all of the HUmarl designs were. >_>

And how do we know a HUmarl would be able to use Red Mechs? XP "Well, Rico could..." Yeah, and there's a HUnewearl running around with a Laser. Your point is? Just because an NPC can use it, doesn't mean the class can actually use it. XP

And again, the stat thing stands. There is nothing for either HUnewm or HUmarl to do.

lain2k3
May 12, 2004, 07:37 PM
They wouldnt need anything new to do, just looking different enough would be cool.

Nai_Calus
May 12, 2004, 08:43 PM
Mmm, point. XP

I still want a HUnewm, then. A cute one.

iamfanboy
May 12, 2004, 09:30 PM
Well...

My HUnewm is turning out something like, er...

Jackie Chan meets Drizzt Do'Urden? Close to that.

Unfortunately, no work will be done on it tonight. I'm home, and that means that I'm playing PSO instead of doodling and wishing I COULD be playing PSO. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

lain2k3
May 12, 2004, 09:32 PM
On 2004-05-12 18:43, Ian-KunX wrote:
Mmm, point. XP

I still want a HUnewm, then. A cute one.

Indeed. And an actually normal female-esque humarl.