PDA

View Full Version : The Mighty Lavis Hunt!

LWK
May 11, 2004, 04:18 AM
I've been working towards a Lavis for a while, but now I'm in full effect doing so. Unfortunately, my Redria Ranger is a Android, which makes piping for hours on end pricey. Its gonna be sweet when I get it. I don't really mind to be honest, no matter how small the chance, I think its worth it.

My questions to you guys are:

How many of a said enemy did you kill for it? (If you keep track).
Was it worth the endless work?
Last, do you get criticized online for owning one of these?

At worst I could get the Lavis, not like it and work towards a Double Cannon. Probably will end up doing so, since I am almost entirely Demolition Comet reliant with my Hunter's. Aside from a few other weapons like my Red Sword & Red Handgun.

Thanks for hearing me out

Armok
May 11, 2004, 04:24 AM
Lavis Cannon is more a status symbol item than an effective killing tool. You get one to prove you are in the top few legit players due to the fact you have attually found a suba rare.

Shouldn't get too much abuse in open games as its not that mega rare.

Capricornus
May 11, 2004, 05:01 AM
On 2004-05-11 02:24, Armok wrote:
Lavis Cannon is more a status symbol item than an effective killing tool. You get one to prove you are in the top few legit players due to the fact you have attually found a suba rare.

Shouldn't get too much abuse in open games as its not that mega rare.

I'd say the Guld, Yasha and HP are prolly the hardest to find compared to the Labis (not talking about cards, those are just insanely hard to find)

Aztec_Mystic
May 11, 2004, 09:04 AM
I found my lavis cannon on my 12th pouilly slime. I remember as if it was yesterday and yes it was worth the work because:

1- It's the best looking, strongest saber in the game.

2- It's my first and only weapon with more than 10 stars and it's the most powerfull I have right now for hunters.

3- You can turn it into a daggers or a double saber (wich are one of the best of their type) and even return it into a saber again if you like...

4- It's a Lavis Weapon and it's legit.

Hrith
May 11, 2004, 09:05 AM
I can give you my runs, I was rather unlucky with that weapon =/

Purplenum - 78 Lost Heat Sword runs, no lavis

Redria - 46 Pouilly Slimes, no lavis

Skyly - 122 Ruins runs, 1 lavis

Viridia - 157 Ruins runs, 1 lavis

and it is a very very powerful weapon, especially if you leave untekked on NTSC games.

Rainbowlemon
May 11, 2004, 10:07 AM
Oooo Kef, I killed 4 more Pouillys than you to get mine! Yowza!

It is indeed a very powerful weapon, the Double Cannon. However, to tell you the truth, I still think the Demolition Comet looks nicer, and it's a LOT easier to find one with HIT %...So If I were you, I would do a few Waterfall Tears runs and see if you can get as many Demo Comets as you can. Hopefully, somewhere in there, you'll get one with HIT% http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SJ
May 11, 2004, 10:35 AM
You probably wont be bothered online but its MEGAMEGEMEGAMEGAMEGA rare, I've only cn 2.
Why is it so rare?
Rare for legit players, dont use untill its blades.
Hackers mass dupe them then make them into dbl cannons and never even touch the lavis cannon.

Xeno_M
May 11, 2004, 12:50 PM
17 Redria Red slimes... Still no lavis. I quit piping them a while ago. I dont have the ambition to sit down for hours and pipe anymore. I'd rather just play and search for it. I might try Purplenum Tollaws soon or off an enemy in the ruins like Kef did... Kinda odd am actually searching harder for Synesta then i am the actual Lavis.

Jason
May 11, 2004, 07:25 PM
It dropped me a Lavis Cannon on my 3rd Redria Pouilly Slime from offline. It was an incredible feeling, at least to me.

Cc08
May 11, 2004, 08:30 PM
I'm up to 10... no Lavis. But, I got an Angel Harp on my 7th Pal Rappy (Also a 1/22 chance)

ShinAsura666
May 12, 2004, 03:01 AM
It took me 13 pouilly slimes to get my lavis(well worth it)and on the next run as my greenill a crimson assassin dropped me a syncesta yay

teflon
May 12, 2004, 04:41 PM
Took me 12 Red Slimes to get mine. A warning, though. Don't try to hunt for one as a Redria android. You'll waste a TON of money for pipes.

Klaus88
May 13, 2004, 09:14 AM
Wow, I was rather lucky then I found mine on the 6th red slime.

If you find keep it as a Lavis cannon because it's way cooler than LB and DC.