PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Antares 8?

Getintothegame
May 11, 2004, 06:37 PM
I was gone for a good part of the week, but when I got on... all yall are gone!

Where are you?

Nisshoku
May 11, 2004, 06:58 PM
She's been pretty devoid of life lately, at least when I go on-line. It's crazy, really.

Skorpius
May 11, 2004, 07:03 PM
Vega = noobs
People = Go noob bash in Vega
Anatres 8 = empty due to that -__-

That's my guess..

Aziangangster
May 11, 2004, 07:51 PM
well many people have finals and exams coming up so they are probably studying or something like that. As for me i play anywhere my friends are.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aziangangster on 2004-05-11 17:51 ]</font>

Kanore
May 11, 2004, 08:50 PM
Antares 8 has been dead, Get.

By dead I mean less than 50 people.

SolRiver
May 11, 2004, 11:43 PM
There are not many there to begin with... natualy people from antares 8 will go to vega...

lain2k3
May 12, 2004, 05:29 AM
It used to be overflowing during most of the day, and now your lucky to find even a single person on there. Deneb 9 and altair 4 are the only populated us ships anymore.

Sharkyland
May 12, 2004, 09:15 AM
I'm surprised as well. I got FSOD both on Ep.1&2 and Ep.3 on Antares 8... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Zalana
May 13, 2004, 10:30 AM
Many people have moved to other games especially FFXI an such. Antares 8 has been dead for quite a bit anyways. Vega has the most people since that's where most people hang now or Deneb 9 but, many aren't there now either. PSO in general has dwindled down in population (U.S. wise) because of other games.

DruidMettool
May 13, 2004, 10:46 AM
On 2004-05-11 17:03, Skorpius wrote:
Vega = noobs
People = Go noob bash in Vega
Anatres 8 = empty due to that -__-

That's my guess..

'tis easy money and easy Exp.

ElizaBluefull
May 15, 2004, 10:49 PM
The FSODers still like to pop into Ant 8 and give the faithful residents like myself a little insidious present. The TF clan made an appearance yesterday. I'll still be around Ant 8. I really don't like Vega, even if there's meseta ripe for the picking. As some have said, Vega is PSO's ghetto. Even with Ant 8 empty, it's kind of serene nowadays without the noobs running around doing what they do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ElizaBluefull on 2004-05-17 10:45 ]</font>

EJ
May 16, 2004, 12:07 AM
I was on Anta..8 awhile ago and like three people were on. Finals and exams are being taken probably and other games are out. Meh hopefully ot gets better around June

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ForceEJ on 2004-05-15 22:07 ]</font>

Jack
May 16, 2004, 10:36 AM
No-one goes there because it's a /B ship. People are paranoid about losing EXP.

Nisshoku
May 17, 2004, 11:41 AM
I've got to admit I -am- a little weary of Antares as a battle ship, but I will play with others, provided I'm known about it beforehand. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ElizaBluefull
May 17, 2004, 12:49 PM
It's gotten slightly more alive than it was last week, but it's still too quiet. Exp comes and goes like the tide. Sometimes bad breaks hit, but the gamble is worth it to get better cards by advancing Clvl. My lady and I netted a good amount there last night when humans entered tourneys. Besides, I started my PSO Online life there. It's the closest thing to an online home. I just wish more people would come back.

Mixfortune
May 17, 2004, 02:20 PM
Antares 8, since it was a big center for many US PSO players (along with Vega), started to attract attention as far as being a big target for lobby crashing. FSOD started to be rampant in the Antares 8 lobbies, since there was a big group of individuals there who try to venture away from Vega. So some people started causing problems over there as well. Now people are a little more scattered, in an attempt to lessen the risk of mass FSOD.

At least that's what I imagined happened.

Kanore
May 17, 2004, 02:23 PM
On 2004-05-17 12:20, Mixfortune wrote:
Antares 8, since it was a big center for many US PSO players (along with Vega), started to attract attention as far as being a big target for lobby crashing. FSOD started to be rampant in the Antares 8 lobbies, since there was a big group of individuals there who try to venture away from Vega. So some people started causing problems over there as well. Now people are a little more scattered, in an attempt to lessen the risk of mass FSOD.

Worst idea from the players; the FSODers have herded them into one Ship... like a field full of sheep with no guard dog. And the FSODers are the vicious, hungry wolves.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChibiWarrior on 2004-05-17 12:23 ]</font>

Myopathy
May 28, 2004, 11:49 AM
Dancer is always there though, lol.

ulyoth
May 28, 2004, 05:08 PM
Im nearly always there too sometimes there is just me and dancer....not really thrilling conversions im sure you can imagine.

Mixfortune
May 28, 2004, 07:37 PM
On 2004-05-17 12:23, ChibiWarrior wrote:

On 2004-05-17 12:20, Mixfortune wrote:

Worst idea from the players; the FSODers have herded them into one Ship... like a field full of sheep with no guard dog. And the FSODers are the vicious, hungry wolves.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChibiWarrior on 2004-05-17 12:23 ]</font>

Not sure what you mean by this. While not necessarily likely that all the players were herded into a single ship and block, I am also not generalizing against those that do FSOD, because I just don't really care for generalizing. But, as far as I could tell, a lot of the Antares 8 population didn't start to scatter until FSODing became more rampant there, whether it was user created or not.

However, I played very little online at the time of this supposed "drop", so I only have what I heard to draw points from. It is very likely that I was told incorrect information to begin with.

Also, I was talking a bit more in reference to EPI&II. And yes, there are those who run around to popular areas and FSOD. Those are who I refer to.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2004-05-28 17:38 ]</font>

Lion
Jun 2, 2004, 02:19 PM
Antares 8 ????

How bout just Antares in general! If you're lucky there will be 40 people on the server.