PDA

View Full Version : The Nick Berg Video.....

Getintothegame
May 11, 2004, 11:17 PM
For once, I swear-- My entire life, Changed in an instant of seeing this. It reminds me, we are being pursued by these "monsters" and if we wouldn't be in war, what would have happened?

This video is sick, and has REALLY woke me up, reminding me why we are at war-- not oil... not conquest-- it is really to get rid of sick people who would do this.

But then again, I think about what our "prison guards" are doing over there, and I am torn on this. Nevertheless, both are disgusting, and very wrong.

I don't believe I am allowed to post the link, but if you search http://www.Hannity.com, you will find it. I'm going to go vomit now, the screams.... they WILL haunt me for the rest of my life.

I want peace. Why the hell can't we have PEACE?!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2004-05-11 21:31 ]</font>

Kent
May 11, 2004, 11:36 PM
...I'd suggest removing that link, now, seeing as that video is on the front page of the site you posted.

VioletSkye
May 12, 2004, 01:01 AM
they must have editted the video because I didn't hear any screams and it didn't show anything violent (i'm actually glad, I don't know that I would want those images in my head anyway.) Mans inhumanity to man is universal and everlasting. From the dawn of time these acts of violence and evil have surrounded us. The scenes are shocking but remember that this isn't anything new and it surely won't be the last time something like happens. In fact it goes on everyday all around the world. Psychos, religous zealots, greedy men and women, disgruntled employees etc. are always going to be with us. The best we can hope for, is to try and pass on some love and compassion along the way.

NM I found the full version, and I have to say that I couldn't bring myself to watch it. The second the violence started I shut it off and deleted it from my pc. Its absolutely revolting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-05-11 23:16 ]</font>

BlackRose
May 12, 2004, 02:48 AM
I dunno about tearing a nation apart to get the few folks who do this kind of stuff.

And also, it's not like this type of thing only happens in Iraq. Gang violence in every major city produces situations like this all the time, and we're not declaring war on them. I'm sure it happens every day around the globe, innocent people being tortured and killed by people with twisted minds. It bugs me that people like Sean Hannity and the rest of the media, government, and other info (propaganda) sources make such a big deal about it when it's "them against us" and don't even mention it otherwise.

[/vent]

primer567
May 12, 2004, 07:00 AM
I watched the video, wasn't gruesome at all. I have seen much worse.

My sympathy goes out to the family though.

Sharkyland
May 12, 2004, 09:24 AM
Ungh...

_Ted_
May 12, 2004, 11:58 PM
I saw the link to the video, but based on your descriptions of it I have no desire to watch it. One thing I don't need is the sound of screams in my ears and disturbing images swirling around in my head. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

prometheus818
May 13, 2004, 11:25 PM
ive heard about this video and that it can be found online but does it seriously show the beheading?!?

VioletSkye
May 14, 2004, 01:00 AM
On 2004-05-13 21:25, prometheus818 wrote:
ive heard about this video and that it can be found online but does it seriously show the beheading?!?

the uncensored version does. It shows them hacking through his neck and then holding the head in front of the camera http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-05-13 23:01 ]</font>

_Ted_
May 14, 2004, 01:01 AM
On 2004-05-13 21:25, prometheus818 wrote:

It can be found at the link at the top of this thread....

Guile
May 14, 2004, 02:07 AM
The video shows a group of I believe 5 hooded men standing behind a man in an orange jump suit. They are speaking into a camera while the man in the jump suit stays quiet. After about 3 minutes of talking a man in a hood pulls a knife out and the men throw the man in the orange jump suit to the floor and begin to cut his throat. They conitue cutting until they go all the way through and the man than lifts his severed head up by it's hair and shows it to the camera. During this you can hear screams, of exactly who I don't know.

The man is Nick Berg, a US citizen who went to Iraq to work on Communication towers or so I have been told.
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/05/11/iraq.main/index.html

prometheus818
May 15, 2004, 09:22 PM
america is growing sick i didnt think that they could show that or have the decenty to do such .. oh well hust goes to show you that people love to see death :/

Para
May 15, 2004, 10:04 PM
I saw the video yesterday... pretty sick especially when the captors are shouting out like cannibals. Fortunately Ive taken biology and it somewhat prepares you for these types of pictures and videos...

OT: You got one bouncing sig VS.

ssephiroth_da_hunter
May 15, 2004, 11:08 PM
I havent seen the video and I dont think I would want to. I have just heard about it and saw bits of it on the news. And how does beheading a man help the terrrorist in what they believe is correct? Everyone has the right to believe in what they think as true but killing a man and video taping wont help in any way. It will only make people hate you more and consider your beliefs to be as wrong. I think it will only make the Coalition troops, especially the Americans, be more determined to capture those guys and bring them to justice. Cant we all just get along.......

Ketchup345
May 16, 2004, 09:24 AM
See this link. (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=82332&forum=9&32)

GuerillaPimp
May 18, 2004, 05:18 AM
Me and a few friends have come to the conclusion that at the time of the beheading, Nick Berg was already dead. There's a few things that leads to this theory, but some of the things are: If you notice, the time of the video actually skips around. During the actually beheading, Berg's face never changes. And one of the biggest reasons, is immediataly after severing the juggular, there should be a large gushing arterial spray. We dont see this, we see blood on the floor yes, but had his heart been beating (IE he was alive) there would have been blood shooting on to the walls and such. Have you guys heard anything similar??

derBauer
May 18, 2004, 05:02 PM
You don't know what you're talking about. I have NEVER ONCE seen blood gush everywhere on a decapitation video so you need to study up and come back once you have either 1) become a medical doctor specializing in decapitation or 2) found a video you can send me a link to that shows blood gushing everywhere.

It isn't like a Hollywood production with blood everywhere, it is real and the blood drains out quickly.

BlackRose
May 18, 2004, 09:52 PM
Somebody's been watching too much Ninja Scroll... XD

pixelate
May 19, 2004, 02:57 PM
Everyone should watch it.

Scejntjynahl
May 19, 2004, 03:08 PM
On 2004-05-19 12:57, pixelate wrote:
Everyone should watch it.

Watch it??? Damn, then you are promoting it, you have done exactly what those bastards want you to do. So in effect by watching it we have proved them right, and they may do this again and again and again. Terrorism is about getting attention. Yes I know some of you will debate it as a "learning" experience. Well I prefer not to be blasted by it, watching this is like taking a drivers license test and purposely crash into another car to "learn" about the effects of crashing. No thank you.

00JOE
May 19, 2004, 09:00 PM
You people haven't seen horrifying.

Fr0zenFear
May 19, 2004, 10:48 PM
This is absolutely horrible. I know how bad terrorists can be, but decapitation on tape?? I was shocked completely. How could someone take another's life just like that. Oh, and for the person who stated that Nick was already dead..In the video that I had watched the video, and noticed that he had been moving facially, and was being dragged around by his hair before the dacapitation. I am simply appauled by the actions that took place, and those bastards should pay. (sorry for the language)

DarthFomar
May 21, 2004, 02:51 AM
On 2004-05-18 03:18, GuerillaPimp wrote:
Me and a few friends have come to the conclusion that at the time of the beheading, Nick Berg was already dead. There's a few things that leads to this theory, but some of the things are: If you notice, the time of the video actually skips around. During the actually beheading, Berg's face never changes. And one of the biggest reasons, is immediataly after severing the juggular, there should be a large gushing arterial spray. We dont see this, we see blood on the floor yes, but had his heart been beating (IE he was alive) there would have been blood shooting on to the walls and such. Have you guys heard anything similar??

How do you know blood didn't gush out of his neck?!

The video couldn't even pick up the blood that clearly. The video was to fuzzy, out of sync, and viewed at such small sizes....the video conversion to the net just down right blew chunks. The only real thing you can understand is figures and colors. You couldn't really see detail till the camera was right on top of something....and even then, it was kinda fuzzy.

You wouldn't have wanted to see the video as clear as day...trust me. You would have more than likely gotten sick to your stomach.

Here is my theory on why Nick Berg almost never moves during the video:

I think HE thought the terrorists were video taping him for a proposal of exchanging him for abused prisoners. I think he wasn't expecting what had actually happened. I think he thought he was sitting there so whoever got the tape could see they meant business. But, if he could understand what that man was reading....then my theory just gets blown plum out of the water.

Either way....I thought it was weird how he was just sitting there not talking and not fidgiting around. I would have been squirming and freaking out the whole time the video was on if I knew what was gonna happen to me.

chantez131313
May 22, 2004, 12:12 AM
This was horrible. I have seen worse things (don't ask, i'm trying to forget some), but still. Dam, i'm so bad at debating. Everytime I type something I wonder if I said it in a wrong way, in a way that will offend someone. So i'll put it plain and simple. This was uncalled for. In war, you expect death. Usually it's in battle, or at a hospital. But this wasn't just a death in a war. It was a murder of a living person. No one has no right to kill anyone, under any circumstances. War should have never happened, but like everything else it did. Let me close this with what I thinks going to happen. Albert Einstein (I think) "I don't know what WWIII will be fought with, but i can bet WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones." That's whats gonna happen. With all the nukes available today, someone's gonna piss someone off and cause the next WW, possibly wiping out humanity. I just hope i'm not the generation that experiences it.

**NOTE: All the above is my opinion. Please don't hate me.**

chantez131313
May 22, 2004, 12:12 AM
This was horrible. I have seen worse things (don't ask, i'm trying to forget some), but still. Dam, i'm so bad at debating. Everytime I type something I wonder if I said it in a wrong way, in a way that will offend someone. So i'll put it plain and simple. This was uncalled for. In war, you expect death. Usually it's in battle, or at a hospital. But this wasn't just a death in a war. It was a murder of a living person. No one has no right to kill anyone, under any circumstances. War should have never happened, but like everything else it did. Let me close this with what I thinks going to happen. Albert Einstein (I think) "I don't know what WWIII will be fought with, but i can bet WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones." That's whats gonna happen. With all the nukes available today, someone's gonna piss someone off and cause the next WW, possibly wiping out humanity. I just hope i'm not the generation that experiences it.

**NOTE: All the above is my opinion. Please don't hate me.**