PDA

View Full Version : Legit players: Would you tekk/unseal the Sealed J if you fou

Liquid_Bacon
May 12, 2004, 10:08 AM
A lot of the players I know (myself included) enjoy doing Skyly Tower runs to look for the Monkey King Bar, Berdysh, and Soul Banish, as well as other items like the Sealed J-Sword. Yesterday I was discussing with some friends what we would do if we actually found the Sealed J-Sword. None of us could decide because it really is a tough decision. Do you leave it untekked as proof of owning one of the maybe 10 legit Sealed J-Swords in the game? Do you tekk it and leave it in the bank so you never lose it? Do you tekk it and try to kill the 23000 enemies it would take to make one of the maybe 3 legit TJ Swords in the game? Of course, nobody would believe you that it was legit. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

What would you do?

trypticon
May 12, 2004, 10:59 AM
I don't know where the idea came from that if you leave something untekked it is proof that you found it. Untekked items can be duped and spread around just as easily as tekked items are. I say just tek the thing and enjoy it, because you probably spent a lot of time looking for it.

Liquid_Bacon
May 12, 2004, 11:22 AM
Yes, untekked items can be duped, but the fact a weapon is untekked still serves as fairly solid proof that a weapon is legit. Why? Most cheaters are noobs, too, since the game gets old fast when you cheat and they quit before they really get to experience the game. Most noobs and cheaters alike don't hesitate the tekk something just to "see what it is." They don't know about things like "arguing with the tekker" to increase attribute percentages. They also like to trade constantly and show eachother every new and cool weapon that comes their way, which is impossible when things are untekked. So, even if the weapon was duped when it was untekked, it wouldn't stay untekked for long. I'm having a hard time explaining what I'm trying to say here; hopefully you sort of understand.

Alright, negative comments aside, does anyone have a real reply to this topic?

Hutobega
May 12, 2004, 11:34 AM
OMG you can keep the weapon untekked and retek it to get a better %'s

Hrith
May 12, 2004, 11:47 AM
I would try the 23000 kills things, therefore tekking it.

Rainbowlemon
May 12, 2004, 12:43 PM
On 2004-05-12 09:47, Kef wrote:
I would try the 23000 kills things, therefore tekking it.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif And if anyone calls me a noob hacker for using it, fetch my charge gladius and rip them apart http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Hrith
May 12, 2004, 12:50 PM
people I play with are beyond that

Sharkyland
May 12, 2004, 02:21 PM
Eh, I traded a weapon for mine. I'm raising my Skyly. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif *sigh* I want my Bluefull character to get up there to ultimate.

Ketchup345
May 12, 2004, 02:40 PM
I'd try to unsleal it. I want to confirm for myself that it is the 23k kills (on top of other's experiance).

doubletake123
May 12, 2004, 02:57 PM
I would try to unlock it.

trypticon
May 12, 2004, 04:22 PM
On 2004-05-12 09:22, Liquid_Bacon wrote:
Yes, untekked items can be duped, but the fact a weapon is untekked still serves as fairly solid proof that a weapon is legit. Why? Most cheaters are noobs, too, since the game gets old fast when you cheat and they quit before they really get to experience the game. Most noobs and cheaters alike don't hesitate the tekk something just to "see what it is." They don't know about things like "arguing with the tekker" to increase attribute percentages. They also like to trade constantly and show eachother every new and cool weapon that comes their way, which is impossible when things are untekked. So, even if the weapon was duped when it was untekked, it wouldn't stay untekked for long. I'm having a hard time explaining what I'm trying to say here; hopefully you sort of understand.

Alright, negative comments aside, does anyone have a real reply to this topic?

Some of this is indeed true, however, a great many of the well known hackers and cheaters online did play the game legit until they just got incredibly bored with it, then they started using cheats and hacks to make the game more fun for them. These are players who know the drops for their section ID, know the chances, and know the worth of an untekked Sealed J sword.

In any case, posting topics like this on such a well known website will give the n00b, as you so aptly titled them, cheaters ideas. Why not leave everything untekked from now on? It will increase its trade value.

What I'm saying is that it will be the same thing, untekked or not. If you are leaving it untekked, you are looking for bragging rights. If you haven't noticed, there is barely anyone online anymore to brag to, unless you want to go to the japanese servers and just get laughed at. If you found an uber rare like the sealed J sword, I'd say just tek it correctly, so you can get the highest % on it, and enjoy it. Unless it's something you just stumbled upon blindly, I'm willing to bet it's a rare you spend considerable time looking for. Enjoy what you have.

Firocket1690
May 12, 2004, 04:38 PM
I havn't...
Muff hasn't ...

=/

trypticon
May 12, 2004, 04:41 PM
Hey, what happened to Muff? I haven't seen that one in a while.

Auracom
May 12, 2004, 05:47 PM
Actually, Muff has tekked it. I have it now and currently working on unsealing it. I even have doubts about its legitamacy, but then I think of Muff and our friendship and I push on. For you Muff! I will...

Oh and Muff quit as far as I know. As of April 30th... but he mentioned coming back some time after Ep3 is released in EU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Auracom on 2004-05-12 15:49 ]</font>

Siris
May 12, 2004, 07:04 PM
Actually I have no desire for the J-sword at this point so if it dropped in my Skyly tower I would likely allow someone else to have it and I'm sure they would unseal it. It's not hard to tell when you play with people if they are legit or not. And I wouldn't feel the need to prove anything to anyone.

slimer1231
May 12, 2004, 08:21 PM
I probably would unseal it. I could care less if people believe me or not since I only play offline with my friends. I'll never find one though... I killed about 5 gi gues and gave up, since i was getting my ass kicked lol

good luck to anyone trying to find one with a HUcast

iamfanboy
May 12, 2004, 09:25 PM
I would tek it but never, never unseal it.

Why? Coolness factor. I've seen so many unsealed J-swords and how LAME they lookc compared to the Sealed J-Sword that I wouldn't care about the truth of unsealing it is 23000 kills. I simply detest how PLAIN the unsealed sword is.

It's the ultimate contest of style versus power. Sure, the TJ sword has, like, 350 more ATP when ground fully, but WHO CARES??? It's just a sword. The Sealed Sword contains the threat of the evil sealed within...

I just want to have the taunt, "My dark blade runneth with thy blood." Is that so wrong?

SJ
May 13, 2004, 06:40 AM
lmao.
I personally think sealed J sword is extremly ugly lol.
Also that dodgey sound O_o
I hate sealed J sword and cant be bothered to find one.
If I do I'll give it to one of my friends so they can unseal it.
I hate the sealed vesion but TJ is slighty better.
However I could never be bothered to kill 23k enemies with it and then have all the online abuse about it being a hack when it wouldn't be.
IF I found it i'd tekk it asap to max %.
Just like I did with Milla but that was so I got the very handy effect http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ryu_4
May 13, 2004, 07:53 AM
ok so people may think that its hacked well tell me this..if you woop out the tj Sword with anythign lower than 100% hit do you think they will call it hacked?

Siris
May 13, 2004, 08:42 AM
On 2004-05-13 05:53, Ryu_4 wrote:
ok so people may think that its hacked well tell me this..if you woop out the tj Sword with anythign lower than 100% hit do you think they will call it hacked?

Sure, why not? You can tell by the player fairly easily.

SJ
May 13, 2004, 08:50 AM
lol you obviously dont no much about tj.
1.You could just hack one with no %
2.The tj with 100% hit is fairly hard to get lmao.

And also there are comedy hacks to like the saber with 100% and the king vulc with 100%hit and -100 on others (look at the % on weps before you trade for them)

Armok
May 13, 2004, 09:02 AM
If i did find it ever I would definatly tek it to max % also prob spend every pd I had improving it. I would only unseal it on Olga Flows final form at level 199 with 10K exp to go just for the dramatical effect. All of these things ever happening are long shots though. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif