PDA

View Full Version : i'm going online soon

Dana
May 12, 2004, 12:13 PM
i just wanted to ask a few questions about online before i join some of you online....okay?
1)FSOD-i know what it is but hows it happen?
2)where are the best places to get a team(legit 100%)?
3)what are the most and least common characters?
4)is this team ok
RAmarl
RAmar
HUcast
FOmarl
5)is there any one online i should look out for(MEGA-ITEM THIEF)
6)any thing else your'd like to add
THANKS, and see you soon i hope

Ketchup345
May 12, 2004, 02:09 PM
1) The game freezes during a save, it can happen offline too, but there are tons more saves online.
2) Hmmm... It depends on if you are in a team or not. Try Altair 4-1, people from here (well, at least FKL) frequent there.
3) Most common RAmarls (but its not a bad thing) and least common is probably RAcaseal and possibly FOnewm (due to lack of support boosts)
4) That team is ok, but I would suggest switching the RAmar for a HUnter.
The best team IMO is:
2 HUnters
1 RAnger
1 FOrce
5) I don't knowabout this, I only play with people I know really except for C-Mode.

Sharkyland
May 12, 2004, 02:15 PM
1)FSOD-i know what it is but hows it happen?

Hmm, I haven't had it once freeze on me during save for I have had it freeze on me when I'm just walking around. FSOD only erases items that not equipped, so it's wise not to carry many items at once. Maybe 1 or 2 wpns. Another note I may suggest, when everything is seriously lagging and it takes a long time for you to say anything. I would recommend logging off 'cause sometimes it may lead to FSOD.

2)where are the best places to get a team(legit 100%)?

Deneb 9 is usually nice

3)what are the most and least common characters?

I really do not know.

4)is this team ok: RAmarl, RAmar, HUcast, FOmarl

It's not a bad team, but for Cmode, I suggest another hunter. RAmarls are pretty hard to use in Cmode, imo.

5)is there any one online i should look out for(MEGA-ITEM THIEF)

Not really, there will be people who will run to red boxes once they see it.

6)any thing else your'd like to add

Usually it's nice to tell your teammates that you're playing with, what you are calling out for (certain wpn, armor, etc).

Nemesis_X
May 12, 2004, 02:22 PM
Cool, I'm going online after this month after I've cleared out all my works http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dana
May 12, 2004, 02:46 PM
thanks, i'll try out deneb9.....and RAmarl really i thought either FOnewearl, humars or HUcast....is that true that Ramarl are the most common
and that team is what i want to play with online(my party-maybe the RAmar into an HUnewearl or RAcaseal

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dana_ranger on 2004-05-12 12:47 ]</font>

Ketchup345
May 12, 2004, 03:02 PM
On 2004-05-12 12:46, Dana_ranger wrote:
thanks, i'll try out deneb9.....and RAmarl really i thought either FOnewearl, humars or HUcast....is that true that Ramarl are the most common
and that team is what i want to play with online(my party-maybe the RAmar into an HUnewearl or RAcaseal

At least everyone I play with has a nice high level RAmarl (Kef has his at 200). I'm not sure of other ships though (except Alcyone, it is a very bad idea to bring a RAmarl into C-Mode unless you know what you are doing).

2 Rangers on a team is not that useful, except in GDV and the Tower quests. Anywhere else it is best to have 2 HUnters, 1 RAnger, and one FOrce. The FOrce could could be replaced with a competent support RAmarl/HUnewearl, but the healing and support skills won't be as effective (but existant and more useful than a HUmars/RAmars level 15 techs).

Dana
May 12, 2004, 05:13 PM
i'm still shocked that RAmarl are the most common, she's my fav but i'm still shocked, and WHY WHY is the RAcaseal least liked(she is so cool)but i dislike androids thus i don't have one.
And little amounts of support mages(does that mean just a fgew mages all together.....i could be a good support mage(FOnewearl)with all lv30 techs but i don't like to waste MST when people just need shifta and deband, does this stop me from using attack magic(being support and all)

iamfanboy
May 13, 2004, 05:01 AM
Well...

I usually hang out in Deneb 8 or 9 myself. My highest level character IS a RAmarl too, so if you see Steyr AUG say hi. I think RAmarls appeal to good players because they're so versatile.

I recently got online myself, so here are some tips:

Get a keyboard! I can't emphasize this enough. It's really annoying trying to talk with the little keypad and it's annoying waiting for someone to get done with the little keypad.

Try to have all the drop charts handy so you know what to call. Also, if someone else says that they already have it, believe them.

Watch out for ANY weapon that someone offers in trade which has insanely high percents, like Hit 50% or any 100%. Those are almost always hacked items, and while they are tempting, try to stay legit...

To use chat shortcuts, hit the keyboard 'y' key, then hit 'x' once. To use symbol chats, hit 'x' again. It's fun to design symbol chats!

...Hey you jerks, I had to ask about that too. Stop looking at me like I'm a moron.

Do NOT ask someone to dupe an item for you just because you want one. Most people get ticked off if you even mention it.

If you see someone playing a HUmar with a Flame Garment (they look like they're on fire in the game), using a giant katana-style Sword that deals lots of damage, and they're dishing out upwards of 600-800 damage a hit despite only being, like, level 80, that's what we call a dupe-using luser. I've yet to see a legit flame garment, much less a legit TJ Sword, which is what all those dupe-using lusers love so damn much it's disgusting.

...Mistrust level 200 characters, no offense Kef and anyone else who has one. I've seen 9 level 200 characters, and only one of them I seriously believed was legit.

If you want to meet me or someone else from PSOworld online, go ahead and PM us. We like meeting new people!

JP servers are... er... touchy. They see a person with an E next to their level, they tend to be mistrusting. Use the chat shortcuts if you get into a JP game; if you don't know Japanese those are translated INTO japanese... I think.

Hope to see you around!

Dana
May 13, 2004, 08:03 PM
roughly how many peopkle play onlione nowdays?

Ketchup345
May 13, 2004, 08:05 PM
On 2004-05-13 18:03, Dana_ranger wrote:
roughly how many peopkle play onlione nowdays?

It depends on what ship you play on.

Alcyone 6 is usually full (for C-Mode). I'm almost sure there is always someone in Vega 1, and Altair 4-1 gets qite a few people around 6 PM EST (GMT -5).

Dana
May 13, 2004, 08:10 PM
thanks, i hope to see lots of legit player on all the time but not WAY too many, 1 little question, what does a lobby look like?

iamfanboy
May 13, 2004, 10:30 PM
it looks... er....

Like a lobby?

Hehe.

Seriously, I'm sure there are screenshots floating around somewhere. Heck, I'm pretty sure there are pictures in the instruction booklet! If not, you'll find out soon enough.

One nifty thing that most n00bs don't know about is that there are multiple lobbies in each block, 16 in fact. 15 and 16 are actually some kind of weird soccer/earthball playing fields.... that you can have fun with if you're bored of Ragol. Or just bored.

Dana
May 14, 2004, 10:07 AM
i found some screen sots but they not very big......and n00b, what the diff between newb and n00b then????or are they the same

Sharkyland
May 14, 2004, 02:51 PM
On 2004-05-14 08:07, Dana_ranger wrote:
i found some screen sots but they not very big......and n00b, what the diff between newb and n00b then????or are they the same

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=82375&forum=10&3

One person's definition...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2004-05-14 13:43 ]</font>

Dana
May 15, 2004, 10:31 AM
okay thanks but i would like to say i'm neither a newb or a n00b, i just havn't been online yet thats all