PDA

View Full Version : about the angel harp.

doubletake123
May 12, 2004, 03:04 PM
Is it worth pipen for pal's to get a angel harp fo my Fomarl. Please give a reason for your answer.

Sitka
May 12, 2004, 03:11 PM
I gave up after piping 8 pal rappies and getting nothing for my efforts. I tried piping for a frozen shooter off a hildetor and gave up after a few hours and tried piping for a sange off a mil lilly and gave up after a few hours. I've managed to pick up both the frozen shooter and the sange in quest runs online with good teams and it was definitely more enjoyable. Plus, when running online you get experience and other rares along the way. Just my opinion.

Hrith
May 12, 2004, 03:18 PM
Holy Ray is easier to find, and probably better stats, but it's ugly >_> that's why I went for Harp.

slimer1231
May 12, 2004, 08:19 PM
I have no exp with FOmarls, but I would suggest a Holy Ray more than the Angel Harp, unless you just like to hunt rares.

doubletake123
May 12, 2004, 08:59 PM
i actually have a holy ray so is the angel harp a must or will i be basically wasting my time pipen for it.

Ryu_4
May 13, 2004, 07:55 AM
well lets just put it this way i piped for so many pal rappies probably at least 30 of them and in those 30 i found 2 right next to eachother drop down at the same time...do you think its worth it...none of those 30 droped it either the only thing that looks cool about the harp is when you shoot it it makes feathers

oeagrus
May 13, 2004, 10:16 AM
Agreed. Holy Ray is an easier find, and due to that also makes it easier to find one with some decent hit %.

But, as we all know, it's all about how you look, not how much damage you do. That said, Angel Harp is infinitely cooler looking than the HR.

I'd say get a HR, then start looking for your AH. Nothing's cuter than a FOmarl with an Angel Harp. Well, except a FOmarl with an Inferno Bazooka, but that's another topic entirely. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Siris
May 13, 2004, 10:24 AM
I successfully piped for an Angel Harp. It took a little over 6 1/2 hours of straight piping and I went through 12-13 of the rare Rappys (and that was still good luck if you look at the drop rate). It's a very cool looking weapon and would be great on a melee FO. I kept it with my RAmarl and it sucked for her. I no longer have it due to accidentally deleting my char while trying to make a new char to harvest a baby mag but, I'm a collector so, I will pipe for it again someday.

doubletake123
May 13, 2004, 06:55 PM
On 2004-05-13 08:24, Siris wrote:
I successfully piped for an Angel Harp. It took a little over 6 1/2 hours of straight piping and I went through 12-13 of the rare Rappys (and that was still good luck if you look at the drop rate). It's a very cool looking weapon and would be great on a melee FO. I kept it with my RAmarl and it sucked for her. I no longer have it due to accidentally deleting my char while trying to make a new char to harvest a baby mag but, I'm a collector so, I will pipe for it again someday.

cool, thanx guys i guess i'll go for it i'm a rare collector and it does look really cool.

Jason
May 13, 2004, 07:05 PM
On 2004-05-12 13:11, Sitka wrote:
I gave up after piping 8 pal rappies and getting nothing for my efforts. I tried piping for a frozen shooter off a hildetor and gave up after a few hours and tried piping for a sange off a mil lilly and gave up after a few hours.

Not a patience one, huh? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Dana
May 13, 2004, 07:19 PM
i traded for my angel harp(this trade was VERY STUPID)angel harp for Orotiagito.......but i got the real agito back after about 3-5 pal raps so all together about 9 pal rapps for 2 real agito's(quite good i think)

Cc08
May 13, 2004, 07:52 PM
If grinded, it is stronger than Holy Ray. However, I prefer my Holy Ray because it has 30% hit.

Dana
May 13, 2004, 07:57 PM
the angel harp doesn't grind!

Quo
May 13, 2004, 10:52 PM
Fomarls don't need guns. Rafoie Rafoie Rafoie. Get the angel harp, but give it to a ranger. (I got mine after the 6th pal). The feather effect gets annoying after a while but if you like it you might be interested in hunting the caduceus. Caduceus is very nice for fomarls since it boosts grants (on top of their natural grants boost).

DarthFomar
May 14, 2004, 03:57 AM
Unless you want to have it that bad....if you have the Holy Ray, I'd suggest moving on to bigger and better things. I mean, you could possibly never find it. While you'd have a better chance of finding something like Psycho Wand, or whatever. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I need a Psycho Wand so bad!

oeagrus
May 14, 2004, 07:32 AM
Quo, listen... FOmarls do exceptionally well using guns. Extremely well. There's a reason for their good ATP and ATA.

Sorry all, I just get REALLY ANNOYED with halfwits who think Forces should only use techs.
FOnewms, yes use techs.
FOnewearls, most likely only techs.
FOmar/FOmarl, can melee better than most legit Hunters (factoring in high level Shifta/Deband/Jellen and Zalure naturally).

Sitka
May 14, 2004, 01:58 PM
I've been using the Holy Ray and even without hit%, I'm pretty much hitting everything with it. I do use God Arms to bring the hit level up since it's not on the weapon. It's a real nice weapon. I've also been using Bringer's Rifle and that too is a cool weapon. I agree, using my Fomar with weapons like s-rank twin, mechguns, guns, rifles, makes using the character a lot of fun. The biggest challenge with using a meeling fo is trying to set your shortcuts up for multiple situations. I find trying to be a good support character online with shifta/deband/jellen/zalure/resta/anti and trying to use the appropriate tech for specific situations (gifoe, rabarta, razonde, grants, megid) and then trying to use your weapons heavy or special hit makes the possiblities very open-ended. That's both fun and at times frustrating when you walk into a situation in which you didn't plan ahead. My Racast is a much more simple beast: mate/heavy/special/moon/trap/trap. At any rate, I really like the Holy Ray.

lain2k3
May 14, 2004, 03:07 PM
On 2004-05-14 05:32, oeagrus wrote:
FOnewms, yes use techs.

dude, fonewms are the most effective melee forces. they have 10 more ata than fomarls (17 more than fomars) and the atp difference between fomarls is unnoticeable, really. Fonewms have Plantain huge fan, which is cooler and has better chance of percents than soul banish, and they can still use Srank twin.

gream-green
May 14, 2004, 03:47 PM
On 2004-05-14 13:07, lain2k3 wrote:

On 2004-05-14 05:32, oeagrus wrote:
FOnewms, yes use techs.

dude, fonewms are the most effective melee forces. they have 10 more ata than fomarls (17 more than fomars) and the atp difference between fomarls is unnoticeable, really. Fonewms have Plantain huge fan, which is cooler and has better chance of percents than soul banish, and they can still use Srank twin.

IMHO, Fonewms and Formarls both make fine melee forces, at least for me. I don't think I play a Force as a straight melee force or caster, usually somewehre in-between, with my priorities lying towards Shifta Deband, Jellen, Zalure, resta - anti. but I know Gream can ceratianly hold his own in a (physical) fight, Sitka can attest to that fact.

lain2k3
May 14, 2004, 03:57 PM
never once did I say fomarls were bad, just that fonewms were better.

I do not like fomars for melee at all.

Jarek
May 14, 2004, 07:14 PM
Isn't it great how topics can stray off so much? ^_^

I would say keep piping for it, and if you get too fed up, you could just go look for something else.

ShinAsura666
May 15, 2004, 04:39 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH pal rappies.I kileed somethin like 47 of those wee f****rs and nothin.Not even a lousy photon drop yet i got my agito and lavis like in maybe 3 hours

doubletake123
May 15, 2004, 09:07 AM
Ha decided to go for it on my third pipe a pal drops i kill it 0_o shiny walk over ahhhhh!!!!! angel harp. Yes this weapon does look cooler than the Holy ray and i think the feathers are amusing. Thanx guys.

lain2k3
May 15, 2004, 09:12 AM
On 2004-05-15 07:07, doubletake123 wrote:
Ha decided to go for it on my third pipe a pal drops i kill it 0_o shiny walk over ahhhhh!!!!! angel harp. Yes this weapon does look cooler than the Holy ray and i think the feathers are amusing. Thanx guys.

**kills doubletake**

doubletake123
May 15, 2004, 09:23 AM
On 2004-05-15 07:12, lain2k3 wrote:

**kills doubletake**

thats like the third time i've been by lain.

lain2k3
May 15, 2004, 09:24 AM
On 2004-05-15 07:23, doubletake123 wrote:

On 2004-05-15 07:12, lain2k3 wrote:

**kills doubletake**

thats like the third time i've been by lain.

and yet you still keep talking about your uber easy drops... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

damn you.

doubletake123
May 15, 2004, 09:26 AM
just because you get all the pd's doesn't mean you have to kill me everytime i find something.

Dragon_Ash
May 15, 2004, 11:13 AM
congrats on the harp, and don't mind lain, he usually kills people who get uber drops easily... and I have yet to be killed by lain http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

doubletake123
May 15, 2004, 11:16 AM
On 2004-05-15 09:13, Dragon_Ash wrote:
congrats on the harp, and don't mind lain, he usually kills people who get uber drops easily... and I have yet to be killed by lain http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Oh trust me i know. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Nai_Calus
May 15, 2004, 11:29 AM
On 2004-05-14 13:57, lain2k3 wrote:
never once did I say fomarls were bad, just that fonewms were better.

I do not like fomars for melee at all.

Oh? What level is your FOmar?

I don't like FOmarls for anything, but I can't really talk, since mine is L18 and I never use her. Can't stand her animations or the way she looks, and FOmarls grow stupidly slow at baby levels. Need to twink her, I guess. I've seen people use them effectively enough, though, so I guess they work. XP

I like FOmar for melee, though. XP *hugs Zero*

Angel Harp is ugly, Holy Ray looks much better. >_<

lain2k3
May 15, 2004, 11:41 AM
On 2004-05-15 07:26, doubletake123 wrote:
just because you get all the pd's doesn't mean you have to kill me everytime i find something.

of course it does. **kills again**

this used to be kefs job.

And Ian, the only fomar Ive played with is a max statted one at level 90-100, I dont care for most fomar looks, and the extra atp doesnt do anything for me, personally, My fomarl kills things just as fast. And, of course, fomarls are the ultimate support whores.

Nai_Calus
May 15, 2004, 11:54 AM
Ahhh, max-statted. That explains everything. XP Struggle with one properly! Really, a FOmar will teach you so much via being so competently bad.

I don't like the way most FOmars look either, if it makes you feel any better. XP SPIKY HAIR BAD.

I don't like the way -any- FOmarls look, though. >_<; Even the best one I can make is meh, and looks too damned much like my secondary FOmar.

Incidentally, I've made more FOmarls than any other class, in an attempt to make one I'd like enough to have stick. >_<;;; I really want to have one, 2x range to all support techs pwnz like mad, but I just can't MAKE one. @_x I think my problem is that I don't like playing as girly girls. >_>; RAmarl, sure, she looks semi-normal. FOmarl, gah.

Reminds me, I was going to go kill my L61 FOnewearl and put a class I'll actually use in her place.

Sitka
May 15, 2004, 12:11 PM
I agree with Ian-Kunx. I tried using a Fomarl and she ran like a ... I'm not going to say it. I just didn't like her animations. I've seen people use them online and they are great for support, just not to my taste. The fomar, on the other hand, I do like. I've made mine to look like a wizened old Jedi with long silver hair tied back, flowing black robes and he loves using weapons - or sitting back and firing magic - or sitting back and supporting a team. Very versatile. Awesome in almost any kind of battle. And I do love the Holy Ray and the way it looks. It's kind of like the Gie-Gue Bazooka in that it opens like a flower and it's got pretty deep blue coloring and it shoots out like a blue harpoon photon blast that knocks the stuffing out of most of the baddies. At level 94, Sitka Flow isn't doing the damage that Green Greem's 156 Fonewmn does, but give the old guy some credit. He looks cool, he fights well, he helps people - everything you'd want if you've been a die-hard Star Wars fan since 1977 (ah high school). Sitka Flow aka Game Geezer.

doubletake123
May 15, 2004, 12:37 PM
On 2004-05-15 09:41, lain2k3 wrote:

On 2004-05-15 07:26, doubletake123 wrote:

of course it does. **kills again**

this used to be kefs job.

yeah i could see that, but i'm still finding the rares you haven't http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/eviltongue.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Dana
May 15, 2004, 02:41 PM
you seem to stray off topic a lot(oh well)
i think the angel harp is a no no, i never use mine and i cant wait to use my holy ray(it looks a thousand time better in my view)and the fact when ever my Ramarl uses Techs the wings stick into my head(looks weird)a nice rare tom have thouhj....actually i say go get it!

oeagrus
May 17, 2004, 09:31 AM
Geez people...
YES on a RANGER using the Angel Harp is dumb. You have 10,000 other better rifles to use. We're all in agreement on that. ON A FORCE, though, it's a different story. This topic has nothing to do with Rangers, so get over yourself and stay on topic.

BTW, Lain, I should've said "FOnewms, yes use mostly techs." instead of what I did say. Their ATA is great, but their ATP is about 60 less than a FOmarl and about 270 less than a FOmar. That much ATP certainly does make a big difference. Regardless, all 120+ FOrces can melee well. Extremely well after a quick dose of J/Z/S/D.