PDA

View Full Version : Share your minds.. ; F1 Grand Prix, Related.

Maricarus
May 12, 2004, 03:59 PM
Well this might be kind of a dumb post but, we all have our share of strategies and our share of knowing cheap JP strategies to look for, so we should all empty our minds into this little post..

I'll reply to this post a little Guld Milla strategy where you do 100+ damage soon.

AzureBlaze
May 12, 2004, 10:07 PM
Well, I don't have any cheap decks...
(And some would argue, that I don't even have any GOOD decks) so I don't have much to contribute except some questions like:

Ok if there are all these BS tailored decks like the "Pouilly Slimes" and the "Mines Deck", if there were 4 people, and they each had those decks and fought eachother, would Mines beat Pouilly? Would 1Pt. Spammer Rappy beat "Super Silfers" or the infamous "Fix Deck"?

How about Pouillys vs. Pouillys? What happens when 2 of the same bogus deck meet eachother?

We already know everyone is going to bring the familiar cheapnesses to the table, so would only something new beat them? Is it possible to have a single form of team deck that can defeat ANY cheap deck it's put up against? (You can't tell what they're gonna use till they use it)

And last is...is it even worth it to enter this thing? I mean, anyone under rank 'god' probably won't make it past the first round. Either a cheap deck will kill them, or one of the higher-up people will, just out of 'they been there longer, and have better cards'. If there really is one unbeatable cheap deck (And I hear "machine" is pretty close) then all it will be is a contest of which Machine deck rolls better dice and irritates the other one to death first. The tourney would be reduced to the supposedly random dice to decide, leaving skill out of it totally.

I'd be interested to see how this thread pans out though...

Arislan
May 12, 2004, 10:25 PM
Machines will very very likely beat Pouilly decks, unless the Pouillies carry some more assists with them to get rid of the Simples that machine decks will throw down to stop Techs from coming through. Pouillies rely on mostly offensive strategies to win, and unless they manage to rush the Machine player before they can set up defense, the Pouilly will hit a wall that they can't pass.

"Super Sil'fer"? What deck would this be? Only thing I can think of would be the Savitiri, Mechgun, Handgun combo. In which case, a blocking deck will kill poor Sil'fer due to attrition. The Savi/Gun deck isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Getintothegame
May 12, 2004, 11:37 PM
.gniht DOSF eht tuoba deirrow ylniam m'I

Even though they have really decreased, It still could be a problem.

Malkavian
May 13, 2004, 08:08 AM
Don't say that only GOD rankeds can pass.
In the previous CUPs many of the finalists were KING and LORD, some CHAMP too.

Since RANK is based on meseta you can acquire by beating COM or 1 vs 1 it doesn't mean that the highest ranked are the best in 2 vs 2 human games.

Jools
May 13, 2004, 08:40 AM
Yeah, I'd say mines is the strongest team deck of the moment. It should also be mentioned that GODs and other rank obsessed players are often self-confessed com bashers who are rubbish at actually playing the game properly.

-Jools

DruidMettool
May 13, 2004, 09:22 AM
The dates that are set for the tourney happen to be the last 3 days of my school year...

If I do end up staying home for it, i'd like to see at least one Team among all of us to make it to the finals.

InfinityXXX
May 28, 2004, 07:33 PM
I'm new to this and this might sound stupid but who cares. What makes the pouilly, machine and many other decks cheap? I'm guessing what makes the pouilly deck cheap is the fact that they dn't cost anything( i think) and there moves don't coast anything to but what about the others cheap?

Arislan
May 28, 2004, 08:43 PM
Don't bump it, it's quite old, but here was a good thread on cheap decks from quite a while ago.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=77917&forum=19&42

Malkavian
May 29, 2004, 06:24 AM
Considering the rules. Max dice 5, Min dice 3. I would suggest to make decks especially for this cup.
Many def cards are needed. From 10 to 14 is a good number I think.
Without dice modifiers we will be getting 3-5 in dice. Thats a sure 1 to 3 def cards each turn.
Then 4 and 5 costers will be really great. No need much luck to roll enough for them.

A question. I have been away from ep3 in last 2 months and Im rusty in some things. The max and min dice rule does affect judge?

DruidMettool
May 29, 2004, 01:26 PM
Looking at the prize chart....

The winning team will recieve for each player:
A years subscription to Game Gather
An award certificate in the form of your favorite card
3000 yen in Webmoney
An exclusive Episode 3 Quo card
A mystery prize

And the runners up will recieve
1500 yen in Webmoney
A mystery prize

They listed Yen-Webmoney as a prize.... it's like they assume that foreigners won't win. But what if we DO win?

donutmantono
May 29, 2004, 07:54 PM
add reduce, or whatever that card's called that halves the attack, for the sinow zele decks
they could kill arkz one hit
however, i bet you wont see many zele decks due to the dice roll, but who knows

Shimarisu
Jun 1, 2004, 04:06 PM
On 2004-05-29 11:26, DruidMettool wrote:
Looking at the prize chart....

The winning team will recieve for each player:
A years subscription to Game Gather
3000 yen in Webmoney
A mystery prize

And the runners up will recieve
1500 yen in Webmoney
A mystery prize

They listed Yen-Webmoney as a prize.... it's like they assume that foreigners won't win. But what if we DO win?

If you do win I'll collect your money and prize for you as I now have a Japanese bank account and address in Japan. Don't go nuts though, it's only about $30. Therefore only £15 to us poor people in the UK, as the yen and $ are currently at an all time low to the £.

I'll post everything except the magazines to anyone who wins, because the magazines are a subscription and I can't be sending them every month (week?) as postage is prohibitive. Of course this only applies if Sega don't offer an alternative US prize. It'll surely knock their socks off if a US player wins. As for the cheap Japanese strategies, well I won;'t ever play with Pouillies or machine against humans, but the Fix deck (I assume you mean the Viviana deck that Billie Joe claims to have invented, which I saw as long ago as November) is easily countered with a deadlier Fix deck (the classic Melee Arkz deck with Fix and Immortality which I DID come up with though others have created variations kicks it's ass) or my deck that I'm using that I won't reveal - I've NEVER lost with either of these to Viviana and Fix. I guess that's why Billie loves me so much!

That Viviana deck is crap IMO anyways, too much time taken over building it up. It was MUCH better when Rukmin was any use, but now it's rubbish. Put equal amounts of assists in your deck, cancel Fix out and well, stomp the now pretty useless Viviana. The funny thing is is that an Inolis deck with assist cancel cards (and yep, I hate those cards, they show zero imagination, you wanna win by cancelling all strategies, that makes you lame) and a bunch of techs is a way solider deck than Vivi+Fix. Just don't let me catch you using Inolis and assist cancels or I will cuss you out, that is a very lazy deck. As is any deck with assist cancel cards and a bunch of weaps, god, I hate those cards, Sega were dumb to put them in the game.

- Shimarisu

BogusKun
Jun 2, 2004, 02:27 PM
There was wierd talk about few Japanese who have the old Cave Winds deck, which Includes the Elusive Nano-Dragon+.

Basically a 4-Cost monster that can Pierce Hunter's and can use any action cards from Split Boost to AB Atk.

And if the partner uses 1 cost cards with this deck it's over.

Unfortunately, I've only seen 3 Hackers and about 7 legit Japanese with Plus cards in my day.

Chaos Bringer+ (Legit)

Some hacked cards include the Recon, Nano-Dragon, and SinowBeat+...

Which was used by our infamous friends "FOnightvCARD, Hayato, Raven2x; legit names I remember: .spill, and MIMI."

+ Cards are slow but with card modifiers out, they will probably be in any cheaters hand that play online.