PDA

View Full Version : CLv offline/online influence?

Skorpius
May 13, 2004, 08:15 AM
Well, basically, to get to the point, I have a theory on Offline CLv effect things online.
For example:
I have seen CLv determine cards, we know this already, with the ranks.
I have seen that CLv also determins which cards COM players will choose to play, and also how much defense they use per game.
Rolls. I have noticed that lower CLvs get better overall rolls than higher CLvs, and this influence is also controlled by CLv difference in opponents.

Now, there are some inconsistancies in my theories, so I have looked and kept my eye on a few details that may have been missed. I noted that offline CLv is shown online, but online CLv is not shown offline. So I figure, Offline CLv DEFINATLY has some influence in online activities, such as card findings, COM AI, and rolls.

I used three subjects:
Mauri (me)
Off - 28
On - 76
Total ~ 104

Alisha (she can help with these CLvs later)
Off ~ 110
On ~ 13
Total ~ 120

Anifakia (same, he can post his CLvs)
Off ~ 55
On ~ 35
Total ~ 90

You'll notice that our seperate levels are all over the place, but our totals arent, just within about 20-30 CLvs. What I have noticed is that the COM acts reletively the same for all of us, in any pairings, same difficulty with Alisha or Anifakia. I noticed that we all basically get the same "ha 1:1 when you needed a 3" type rolls more often. Now, one thing I have noticed is that Alisha is getting cards ONLINE that she should not at sub CLv 20.

These are just theories, and I hope to get better, more solid "proof". I just ask if anyone else would keep an eye on this, and see if it goes for them, too.

DruidMettool
May 13, 2004, 09:24 AM
Actually, The difference only affects what cards you get at what level. You can get rarer cards twice as early offline than you can online.

For example: Most people get Delbiter around Clv 50 Online, but you can get them at CLv 25 offline

Skorpius
May 13, 2004, 03:59 PM
On 2004-05-13 07:24, DruidMettool wrote:
Actually, The difference only affects what cards you get at what level. You can get rarer cards twice as early offline than you can online.

For example: Most people get Delbiter around Clv 50 Online, but you can get them at CLv 25 offline

Reread what I typed >.<

DruidMettool
May 13, 2004, 05:34 PM
I know what you typed. I'm trying to say CLv only affects what cards you get and nothing else...

But I could be wrong

SolRiver
May 13, 2004, 08:47 PM
Actually, I have thought about that too... Personally I think it does infulence each other, that is why if i going to decide a team 2vs2, i will ask ppl their offline lv and add to their online lv to make an even team.

EDIT: typo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2004-05-13 18:49 ]</font>

Skorpius
May 13, 2004, 11:25 PM
On 2004-05-13 15:34, DruidMettool wrote:
I know what you typed. I'm trying to say CLv only affects what cards you get and nothing else...

But I could be wrong

I know what we are told, but there is way more to the game coding than what people can speculate. Keep an open mind http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif