PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Seabeds Strategies

Sitka
May 13, 2004, 10:53 AM
Just curious, what are your strategies, fave weapons, armour, slot items for tackling ultimate seabeds solo. Even with my 150 level Racast I find it incredibly difficult. Between the morphos, sinows, delbiters and all the megid floating around, I just get my robot head handed to me on a platter. There are potentially great rares to find, but man oh man is it tough!!! Any way to survive the megid attack of the morphos? Does a magic user have an easier time of it? And Olga Flow with her mags - forget about it! I'm currently using either a spread needle or a frozen shooter, luminous field armour with God Battle and 3 x Perfect Resist, delsaber's shield or attribute wall and 200 Sato with 100 pow, 95 dex and 5 def & MY blast and I use every trap I've got. Helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

Siris
May 13, 2004, 10:55 AM
Freeze traps are your best friend. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Primrose
May 13, 2004, 12:04 PM
A FOnewearl clears seabed in 45 mins, FOnewearls have a way easier time in seabed than any other character class.

I have a similar problem with my Bluefull RAcaseal (Bluefull has the best Seabed in my opinion), just use as many traps as you can, even if it means that you have to go back to pioneer. The drawback of going to pioneer is that you lose points on your photon blast gauge, which is useful for Mylla & Youlla. Preta is the best mag an android can have for offline soloing, since it will alwas cast Shifta & Deband.
As an android its also important to have a zalure S-Rank, for RAcast id say S-Rank shot is the best you can get.

Hrith
May 13, 2004, 12:20 PM
I find it easy with a Ranger :S easier than with a Hunter.

I say bring your best armour/shield, then as a RAcast, you should have a Frozen Shooter and a Spread Needle, the special of the SN is very useful on the squids.

When there are rooms with a "lower level", monsters downstairs cannot harm you, except Sinows, very useful against Morfos and Delbiter.

Since you are Lv 150, take a good pair of mechs, use them to take out frozen Morfos/Delbiter/Deldepth, maybe even Sinows.

Offline, there is ALWAYS a way to make only one Deldepth attack you. In rooms where they come with Zoas, you can make 1 Deldepth attack you, then the Zoa, then the 2nd Deldepth, by hugging the wall and staying in corners.

Do not hesitate to exit rooms several time to make the monsters go back to their spawning place.
Also beware of Sinows which take a long while to go back, sometimes.

Use a lot of traps, even damage traps can be useful.

An S-Rank Needle or Shot with Jellen would be very helpful, if not a Spread Needle which, like I said, will paralyse Dolmolm and Dolmdarl quite often.

Don't try to paralyse Deldepth/Delbiter/Morfos. Morfos is immune to confuse traps (in a way).

Do not underestimate Recons, try to take out Recoboxes before more monsters spawn when possible.
Never rush in rooms you do not know, it's always easier to take monsters "one by one", anyway.

Mattoko
May 13, 2004, 03:26 PM
My tactic involves Frozen Shooter and alot of accuracy.

_Ted_
May 13, 2004, 06:25 PM
On 2004-05-13 08:53, Sitka wrote:
Just curious, what are your strategies, fave weapons, armour, slot items for tackling ultimate seabeds solo. Even with my 150 level Racast I find it incredibly difficult. Between the morphos, sinows, delbiters and all the megid floating around, I just get my robot head handed to me on a platter. There are potentially great rares to find, but man oh man is it tough!!! Any way to survive the megid attack of the morphos? Does a magic user have an easier time of it? And Olga Flow with her mags - forget about it! I'm currently using either a spread needle or a frozen shooter, luminous field armour with God Battle and 3 x Perfect Resist, delsaber's shield or attribute wall and 200 Sato with 100 pow, 95 dex and 5 def & MY blast and I use every trap I've got. Helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

I beat it with my Hunewearl (lvl 131) last week....took a while though.....

Morfos fire Megid? I never saw that....

lain2k3
May 13, 2004, 06:51 PM
On 2004-05-13 13:26, Mattoko wrote:
My tactic involves Frozen Shooter and alot of accuracy.

Indeed.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

and no, morfos fire a 360 set damage, infinite range laser across the room every second. ><

Dana
May 13, 2004, 07:30 PM
Sarah(my FOnewearl)likes to MEGID EVERYTHING and if not a mix between GI-zonde and RAfoie/foie, i use summit moon and red merge/yellow merge
Dana=Frozen shooter or red mechs(they just destroy the whole room)
Adel=haven't tried yet.....i'll do that tommorow(i did ep 1 like hell befor i could be botherd to do ep 2)
in all=either megid(FOnewearls penitration is amega help)DIE three sinow zoas mwhahahahahahahaha, morphos take a while to kill, hhehehehehe, i was in with my friend and he couldn't hurt morphie....hehehehehehe so megid(bluuuuuurrrrrrrrrr)morphie is SPLAT......RAngers, i just use the frozen shooter to take down deldephs and biters maybe the odd morphos(have you noticed if you don't face them they don't normally attack you)then KILL, KILL, KILOL with the red mechs mwhahahahahahaha with 100 luck even a miss or two(how can i miss i have 210 ata(don't mock it) the monsters just DIE(i only miss when the monsters are far away, and 210 is my base ata

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dana_ranger on 2004-05-14 03:21 ]</font>

LWK
May 13, 2004, 09:11 PM
As has been said, and great suggestions indeed.
Have a ranger with high ATA, hopefully you have one already and its a Android.

Get a red handgun or if you can do better, use that said thing.
Have a frozen shooter. This a must for Seabed. Lone Morfos's is where this shines, since the beams are insanely fast. Sinow's/Delibiters also.

Be a door whore like usual, just much more then usual.
I would even reccomend you start at a much higher level then is reccomended.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LWK on 2004-05-13 19:12 ]</font>

Jazhara
May 14, 2004, 03:54 AM
Play Episode II Challenge stage 4 for a while, after that you'll be able to solo Ult Seabed np with any character.

Also, your 3 Perfect Resists aren't helping, I'd suggest you hunt down some God Arms / Powers to go in those slots.

DarthFomar
May 14, 2004, 04:06 AM
Whoa.....I can't say that I've ever tackled Sea Bed {solo}.

So what I use in Multiplayer is:

Pinkal: Ramar Lvl 121

Weps:
Frozen Shooter
Spread Needle
Red Saber
Yasminkov 3000R

Armor:
Guard Wave
Secret Gear

Units:
God Arm
God HP
God HP
God Body

Mag:
Lvl 200 Nidra

As for my strategy....well me and my friends just try to stick together and we tell each other to look out for the almighty Olga Flow techniques {whenever we get to him....cuz getting to him isn't our biggest worry *it's beating him*}. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

rena-ko
May 14, 2004, 05:18 AM
get your best force character - preferably fonl. fire up multiplayer offline with 2 controllers and your bluefull as 1st player. use the force to kill stuff.

its really easy as a fonl, given you have enough HP, a high megid and are careful.

with a bot, well, the usual things as said above:
use traps wisely, use your MAG wisely, FS as ra and have a zalure srank at hand.

good luck
best way is to hunt online with a fo-hu/ra team - esp delbiters and sinows (west tower for example).

Dana
May 14, 2004, 05:18 AM
if you want to tackle seabed, i would hunt down a better shield, and thats all i can see thats wrong....just freeze those bitches and watch out for megid:)

Hrith
May 14, 2004, 09:05 AM
There are two things I wanna insist on:

1) Zalure S-Rank won't help, take Jellen.

2) Cure/Units, especially Cure/Freeze, you don't want to be frozen by Sinows, believe me.

Armok
May 14, 2004, 09:17 AM
I just use Vulcans with hit on my andriod hucast and take alot of damage so to keep my M&Y charging well.

Sitka
May 14, 2004, 10:53 AM
LOts of great suggestions. Thanks! As for the megid beasts, I get them mixed up sometimes. The x-type things that shuttle wicked fast back and forth across the room and then spit megid (purple blast) are pretty tough for me. I freeze them with traps or frozen shooter, but I can't hit for much damage with the shooter. Typical scenario, walk into a room with recon boxes spurting out. Try to get to boxes quickly to take them out as bot teddy bears are spewing mines and trying to detach my head witht their saws from behind. Try to get a lock on them just as a sinow, blue or worse yet red, blast me from behind, dislodging my weapon and sometimes freezing me. As I look for the sinow to try and freeze him or drop another trap, those damn x-type beasts start fluttering around and pop, megid blast, death, forgot to lay down a pipe, start the long trip back from the hospital. Even better, add those invisible floor traps to the above scenario and sit in one helpless as the damn x-beastie spits megid at you. Anyway, I am getting better at it the more I do and I appreciate the suggestions. I've beaten Olga Flow ultimate online with teammates and that was pretty scary - I'm having trouble taking the step into the teleporter solo. As for tower runs, with a team it's an absolute blast, solo - you've got to be kidding. Just thinking about the dark room with the delbiters, megid plant spitters and ill gill rushes gives me nightmares. Anyone else been trapped in the heal corner in the dark and still gotten killed by the 2 delbiters? Again, I appreciate the great ideas proposed by everyone.

Bender202
May 14, 2004, 12:26 PM
On 2004-05-14 08:53, Sitka wrote:
solo - you've got to be kidding. Just thinking about the dark room with the delbiters, megid plant spitters and ill gill rushes gives me nightmares. Anyone else been trapped in the heal corner in the dark and still gotten killed by the 2 delbiters? Again, I appreciate the great ideas proposed by everyone.

Etower runs really arent that bad if u take it slowly (Complete Etower < 30mins), and know where/when the enemies spawn. Unfortunately, your talking Wtower and i ve never done Wtower by myself. If u want pointers on Etower solo just pm me for pointer of if u wanna meet just pm me a time (i probably wont be on till next weekend headn home for bit). Otherwise i'd say stick wit the door tactic for cbeds, and a word of advice, if u hav the frozen shooter equippd u can scan the room for sinows (if u dont know where they are). It will pick up on them (and not activate) if they ve gone invisible and u dont know where they are.

Sitka
May 14, 2004, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the tip on the frozen shooter. I'll add it to my "next thing to try" list. No question, East Tower is much easier than West Tower. I still find a good mixed char. group on West Tower is among the most enjoyable challenges on the current game. Finding people not doing endless TTF's or "Boxing it" quests can sometimes be hard, but a good, old West Tower run can get your motor running!!