PDA

View Full Version : EGM Quest is up!

BrokenHope
May 13, 2004, 12:00 PM
This quest is hard, it's a team battle against 2 Leucon Knights.

The rule changes are common hp and 20 hp.

Not managed to beat it yet either :/

Sharkyland
May 13, 2004, 12:30 PM
Holy crap, that sounds difficult. Is it 1 Hunters & 1 Arkz or is it... you can choose whatever. My best strategy is to have a mage type and a fighter type because of his dumb changing forms thing.

I'm going to play it once I get online. If it's one magic and one physical each turn, oy, that's going to get nasty. But if it's both forms at the same time, my best bet is the fighter type to get some def cards ready for both the mage and fighter.

But, this are just assumptions.

BrokenHope
May 13, 2004, 12:34 PM
On 2004-05-13 10:30, Sharkyland wrote:
Holy crap, that sounds difficult. Is it 1 Hunters & 1 Arkz or is it... you can choose whatever. My best strategy is to have a mage type and a fighter type because of his dumb changing forms thing.

I'm going to play it once I get online. If it's one magic and one physical each turn, oy, that's going to get nasty. But if it's both forms at the same time, my best bet is the fighter type to get some def cards ready for both the mage and fighter.

But, this are just assumptions.

You can pick any type of character you want I think and they both seem to change forms at the same time

Zaneatron
May 13, 2004, 12:37 PM
is it shared HP though? that would make it easier...

Sharkyland
May 13, 2004, 12:40 PM
I'll be online very soon... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

BrokenHope
May 13, 2004, 12:43 PM
On 2004-05-13 10:37, Zaneatron wrote:
is it shared HP though? that would make it easier...

Shared hp yeah, but they kept casting earthquake which kinda adds up when it's hitting 2 people at once, plus they start with 45 hp while you have 20

I mean if they both cast earthquake, which they did against me and my friend and you have no def cards then they just hit you for 12 damage which leaves you with 8 hp, plus if they destroy any of yours or your partners items then it will lower your hp even more, sounds like it might be a good idea to use arks decks I guess.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Broken Hope on 2004-05-13 10:45 ]</font>

Zaneatron
May 13, 2004, 12:43 PM
you might want to use a Sealed J as a Hunter, because it has ability trap.

I would suggest POM for a FO, but it has 3 TP and only gains TP when it kills things. and last time a checked, senoir knight dont set monsters http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

also, is this an Offline or Online quest?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zaneatron on 2004-05-13 10:44 ]</font>

BrokenHope
May 13, 2004, 12:46 PM
On 2004-05-13 10:43, Zaneatron wrote:
you might want to use a Sealed J as a Hunter, because it has ability trap.

I would suggest POM for a FO, but it has 3 TP and only gains TP when it kills things. and last time a checked, senoir knight dont set monsters http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

also, is this an Offline or Online quest?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zaneatron on 2004-05-13 10:44 ]</font>

Online quest

Zaneatron
May 13, 2004, 12:50 PM
is it 2 player? or do you get a com partner?

BrokenHope
May 13, 2004, 12:53 PM
On 2004-05-13 10:50, Zaneatron wrote:
is it 2 player? or do you get a com partner?

2 player only, it won't let you pick a com partner, has to be another human.

Zaneatron
May 13, 2004, 12:59 PM
thats better, you can actually plan ahead then http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nambrosia
May 13, 2004, 02:41 PM
These Knights have techs in their decks too. Ones I remember are Foie, Rafoie, and Megid.

They also have Virus and Punishment, but Earthquake is what you really have to watch out for <_<

Only Assists I remember were Dice +1 and Land Price..

Oh and when I did it, my Aegis Guard actually came in handy. First time I used it to block Megid from killing something, in the second match I used it to block his Knight Act 4 from HP Halving :D

Aziangangster
May 13, 2004, 02:44 PM
is it still dice shuffle because i had a old stratefy with no deck shuffle how to beat him in two hits

Sharkyland
May 13, 2004, 04:56 PM
Wouldn't fly beat earthquake?

Zaneatron
May 13, 2004, 05:58 PM
Yes, me and teh navster just beat them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

we got beaten up pretty bad, but got lucky at the end. i had my Fly card in my first hand, but saved it up.
we were down to 3 or 9 hp, can remember, but it was bad, prolly 3 hp :S
so i played my Fly card, and navi distracted the LK's with some physical attacks, then i hit them with my Vjaya with shifta merge on using beat and FL attack, so seeing we were flying and they were, i did lots of damage http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

navi managed to get them down to 25 hp mostly by herself though, with her techs and a few physical attacks.

i think rati might be good on this level...

SolRiver
May 13, 2004, 08:51 PM
I think this quest is very arkz friendly... mainly because of the earthquake penetrate your HU items and Arkz have mroe HP anyway... Arkz with 1 panarm, then you are pretty much set... dubchic (the guard creature one) works fine too.

edit: just tried panarm earlier, the EQ still hit the SC anyway... wonder why...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2004-05-13 22:35 ]</font>

shinto_kuji
May 14, 2004, 01:36 AM
It hit the SC too the same way it hits a HU when they have items on.

As for the difficulty... just let me say I used a couple of Al Rappy the entire match without even bothering to summon anything else. Meh, their 45HP goes down pretty fast.

I wish it had been team kill without the common HP. Maybe then it would've been harder...

I say next should be dual Pollux or... dual Umbla. O_o

SolRiver
May 14, 2004, 05:36 AM
how about castor + pollux... i think that is a good pair... and arkz + hunter only

YujiNaka
May 14, 2004, 06:20 AM
This Quest was too easy again...
After our first attacks he had 2HP left...2nd attacks-> dead

ElizaBluefull
May 14, 2004, 12:27 PM
When will they give us useful E cards? This quest was too easy and the magazine card wasn't any good. Ability trap obliterated the leukon. Give us a 2v1 on umbra or something!

Sharkyland
May 14, 2004, 03:05 PM
Gaara (Azaingangster) SLAUGHTED THEM in one hit x_x

DruidMettool
May 14, 2004, 04:20 PM
Gaara is one awesome guy. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Arislan
May 15, 2004, 12:31 AM
Went through the quest, pretty easy actually. Or at least, not much harder than the fight offline. An extra person really helps here. And so does Counter. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

In any case, the guide's up.

Skorpius
May 15, 2004, 03:50 AM
You peple obviously never got Earthquakeed by them, nor were you ever Beat/Heavy Slashed after a Megid.
Try playing this with CLv 50-60+ and tell me if it's easy. I just think the quest is annoying. Not too easy, nor too difficult, just annoying.

Arislan
May 15, 2004, 05:10 AM
I'm 56/25, like I said, counter is your friend. Hit one of the poor Leucons with it and watched him hurt himself twice. I suppose it would have sucked much worse had I not the AP for the defense and if they had both quaked, but as it was, worked rather well.

YujiNaka
May 15, 2004, 05:46 AM
Im CLv120/21, my partner was CLv118. And they quaked us 3 times. Who cares? We had enough def.

Jools
May 23, 2004, 10:32 AM
Mr Ben and myself played it not even knowing what the quest was (we were pretty surprised to face off against two knights!). Even without knowing what we were up against we still found it very easy. We didn't even have any techs in either of our arkz decks.

-Jools

cheatachu72
May 23, 2004, 07:11 PM
I'm level 2 online, and after 8 tries, beat it. I think a Sinow Red and a bunch of other machine creatures helped out too.