PDA

View Full Version : The Officially Approved Ahh-Inspiring Iraq Gossip Thread

KodiaX987
May 14, 2004, 11:25 AM
If we're gonna bullshit about the Iraq war, might as well stick to one and only one thread.

You may thus post all your random thoughts and debates about Iraq:

Here.

Let the games begin. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ketchup345
May 14, 2004, 01:23 PM
It wasn't needed.

The UN was in Iraq doing their weapon searches, and as long as those continued, Iraq wouldn't have dared to do anything if they had any "WMD"s.

The CIA had passed papers to the president before the war that Iraq didn't have any "WMD"s, and that the Niger claim was false.

This war shouldn't have happened when it did, we should have continued with assassination attempts.

Also, we would have been better off dedicating morte troops to Afghanistan so that we wouldn't have to rely on warlords to get peace and order. And whenever the US gives a group of people some weapons/power, it almost always comes back and bites us.

Deathscythealpha
May 14, 2004, 01:28 PM
On 2004-05-14 11:23, Ketchup345 wrote:
This war shouldn't have happened when it did, we should have continued with assassination attempts.

If Saddam had been asassinated he would have become a Martyr, and then god knows what would have happened then.

Hrith
May 14, 2004, 01:31 PM
On 2004-05-14 11:28, Deathscythealpha wrote:

On 2004-05-14 11:23, Ketchup345 wrote:
If Saddam had been asassinated he would have become a Martyr, and then god knows what would have happened then.
Elena and Nikolai were assassinated, and did not become martyrs.

Subliminalgroove
May 14, 2004, 01:42 PM
On 2004-05-14 11:31, Kef wrote:

the man has a point.

Dangerous55
May 14, 2004, 02:26 PM
Yeah, it will be the same exact topic as the Kerry one.

-Luke-
May 14, 2004, 02:56 PM
Oil is running out, George is stockpiling and covering his ass. The US is a big place, and needs lots of oil, and the US is making sure it has that oil when the time comes.

Ness
May 14, 2004, 03:22 PM
On 2004-05-14 12:56, -Luke- wrote:
Oil is running out, George is stockpiling and covering his ass. The US is a big place, and needs lots of oil, and the US is making sure it has that oil when the time comes.

Even though this war isn't justified, this isn't an oil war.

Deathscythealpha
May 14, 2004, 06:43 PM
On 2004-05-14 11:31, Kef wrote:

Um, not to sound ignorant but who were they? This is the first time ive those two names turn up.

But my reasoning is that if the Leader of Iraq, a man who greatly opossed the Americain Government, is found to have been assinated by the Americains this will lead to his followers believing that he died for his cause, resulting in them making him a Martyr and probably taking some retalitory action.

Ketchup345
May 14, 2004, 08:19 PM
On 2004-05-14 16:43, Deathscythealpha wrote:
Um, not to sound ignorant but who were they? This is the first time ive those two names turn up.

But my reasoning is that if the Leader of Iraq, a man who greatly opossed the Americain Government, is found to have been assinated by the Americains this will lead to his followers believing that he died for his cause, resulting in them making him a Martyr and probably taking some retalitory action.

Nikolai (http://www.historychannel.com/perl/print_book.pl?ID=79655)

And also, the US weren't the only ones trying to assassinate Saddam. Israel tried too. But botched up one of their major chances when they called a mission off due to a training accident.

Deathscythealpha
May 14, 2004, 08:36 PM
On 2004-05-14 18:19, Ketchup345 wrote:

And also, the US weren't the only ones trying to assassinate Saddam. Israel tried too. But botched up one of their major chances when they called a mission off due to a training accident.

Ah, so thats who Nikoli was. You see the thing there was that he was a Russian, not an Iraqi. If you look at the things in Iraq, the religeons and stuff, you will see that they take great pride in people who give their lives in the name of their religeon and their people. Suicide bombers are very commonly recognised as Martyrs for there cause, and most of them are just everyday people. Now what would happen if the ruler of the country was killed for what they think is his cause?

America, Isreal, even England, if any of them assinated Saddam it would have ended in the same way, him becomeing a Martyr. Its not really who the killer was, it was who was killed.

Shattered_weasel
May 15, 2004, 09:44 AM
I dunno why any of you give a fuck. I f you aint in it, it aint got shit to do with you.

Zebulan7
May 15, 2004, 11:12 AM
It affects us all due to taxation and such, as well as family and friends actually in the war.

If this was an oil war, why don't we have Iraq oil? I feel the war can be somewhat justified without WMD, though that is one banner reason.

DarthFomar
May 15, 2004, 01:29 PM
Who cares what the war is about........it's already been set in motion. There's nothing we can do to stop it. The only thing I am concerned about is......will there be a supposed outbreak of terrorist attacks?!

If the war is an oil war...then so be it. If the war is a terrorist war...then so be it. You cannot change what ppl in power are going to do with their time in power so stop complaining and get off your ass and vote this next election just as I plan on doing. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shattered_weasel
May 15, 2004, 06:02 PM
On 2004-05-15 11:29, DarthFomar wrote:
and get off your ass and vote this next election just as I plan on doing. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

What is funny that 99.9% of the people complaining are 1 of 2 things.

1. Never recieved a paycheck in thier life but it is funny how they complain about the economy.

2. Too young to vote.

Hrith
May 15, 2004, 06:34 PM
I'm sorry for being misleading, but I did not know how to spell the name.

Nikolai Ceausescu:

Born in 1918 as a son of a peasant, early became active in the Romanian Communist movement and was arrested as a revolutionary; he spent the late 1930s and early 40s in prison, where he became acquainted with the future first secretary of the Romanian Communist party, Gheorghe Gheorghiu-Dej. Escaping in 1944, Ceausescu held a variety of posts within Communist party and government ranks after the Communist takeover in 1948. He soon became a member of the party's central committee and then, in 1955, a member of the politburo. Upon Gheorghiu-Dej's death in March, 1965, he was chosen first secretary of the central committee of the Communist party and in December, 1967 he assumed the office of president of the state council, or head of state. As supreme leader, he continued his mentor's policy of nationalism and independence from the USSR within the context of Marxism-Leninism. He promoted closer relations with the People's Republic of China and with the West, as well as industrial and agricultural development. His domestic rule, however, was marked by frequently disastrous economic schemes and became increasingly repressive and corrupt. In December, 1989, a popular uprising, joined by the army, led to the arrest and execution of him and his wife, Elena.

Madzozs
May 15, 2004, 08:24 PM
Hey weasel, I can complain because I get raped on taxes eevry Friday, and have been able to vote for a while now.

Ketchup345
May 15, 2004, 09:00 PM
On 2004-05-15 16:02, Shattered_weasel wrote:

1. Never recieved a paycheck in thier life but it is funny how they complain about the economy.

2. Too young to vote.

But you are forgetting that who is elected president will effect everyone in the world.

Especially if you are 16 years old or older and live in the US. They have to find a job and can join the military before the president is out of office.

Shattered_weasel
May 16, 2004, 01:15 AM
On 2004-05-15 18:24, Madzozs wrote:
Hey weasel, I can complain because I get raped on taxes eevry Friday, and have been able to vote for a while now.

Then you aint in the little catagory.

Shattered_weasel
May 16, 2004, 01:20 AM
On 2004-05-15 19:00, Ketchup345 wrote:

On 2004-05-15 16:02, Shattered_weasel wrote:

2. Too young to vote.

But you are forgetting that who is elected president will effect everyone in the world.

Especially if you are 16 years old or older and live in the US. They have to find a job and can join the military before the president is out of office.

But im tierd of people that are younger than me going around saying....America sucks...I am leaving because the economy is screwed and shit.

And if shit does go down the gutter in those 2 years it takes for them to become 18 I don't think that the same prez would be in.

I am also tierd of these damn protesters. I couldn't get through the street after watching my Van Helsing. I would like them to come to my part of town and come to Fort Campbell and see how long they last from all them wives. That would be funny.

Speaking of funny I heard of college students going on a hunger strike but doing it in shifts......how.......stupid ....can......you.....get.....

SpikeOtacon
May 16, 2004, 08:13 AM
http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/KamakaziSpike/iraq-explained.gif
Just thought I'd add that little bit of humor to calm some people down.

Anyways, war is a fairly barberic thing. Reguardless of the 'reason', death will happen for both sides. The media doesn't help much by bitching about a US soldier that died. For every one soldier we have killed, about 3 of their guys are dead. I mean, if I guy shot his own foot off, the news would find a way to make it look like the terrorist's fault. What the terrorists have done, killing an innocent civilian, is an extremly brutal method of terrorism. The threat for terrorism has risen since 9-11, since we *now* take notice to these large groups such as Al-queda. What the hell? Bigger terrorst organizations have existed before, yet we paid them no mind or didn't know about them.

In short: It sucks for nick burg and his family. It really does. But it is just a side-effect of war. If I were to have to go over to Iraq for a job, I might do it. If I get killed over there, what a shame. I'm going to die anyways, but just because we have some stupid little fucks who are more like children using violence doesn't mean that I'm not going to go over there. I'm not scared, because thats what they want us to be. We shouldn't be scared, because then they've achieved step 1, and can move on to worse things. War IS hell.

Ness
May 16, 2004, 09:52 AM
On 2004-05-15 23:20, Shattered_weasel wrote:

But im tierd of people that are younger than me going around saying....America sucks...I am leaving because the economy is screwed and shit.

I agree that that is annoying.

And if shit does go down the gutter in those 2 years it takes for them to become 18 I don't think that the same prez would be in.

The nation has already gone down the gutter.

I am also tierd of these damn protesters. I couldn't get through the street after watching my Van Helsing. I would like them to come to my part of town and come to Fort Campbell and see how long they last from all them wives. That would be funny.

I can't stand them either. Most of them are jsut there for either three reasons:

1. To get attention.

2. To be a part of something.

3. To rebel.

4. Just for fun.

They are giving liberals a bad name.

Speaking of funny I heard of college students going on a hunger strike but doing it in shifts......how.......stupid ....can......you.....get.....

They would fall in catergory number 3.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ness on 2004-05-16 07:53 ]</font>

Shattered_weasel
May 16, 2004, 11:30 AM
On 2004-05-16 07:52, Ness wrote:

then lets do something about it.

Dangerous55
May 16, 2004, 01:00 PM
On 2004-05-16 09:30, Shattered_weasel wrote:

On 2004-05-16 07:52, Ness wrote:

I really don't see how it is "down the gutter".

Ketchup345
May 16, 2004, 01:13 PM
On 2004-05-16 11:00, Dangerous55 wrote:
I really don't see how it is "down the gutter".

The economy is weak, we have a record deficit, we are in an unnessecary war, our troops are spread fairly thin, international opinion of the US is incredibly low, we are losing some important allies over the war. And I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting.

Ness
May 16, 2004, 01:30 PM
On 2004-05-16 11:13, Ketchup345 wrote:
The economy is weak, we have a record deficit, we are in an unnessecary war, our troops are spread fairly thin, international opinion of the US is incredibly low, we are losing some important allies over the war. And I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting.

Don't forget the fact that we have a president that believes in cramming his Christian views down the throats of all Americans.

I will in two years.

Dangerous55
May 16, 2004, 06:24 PM
On 2004-05-16 11:13, Ketchup345 wrote:

Sure things could be better, doesnt mean the freaking country is "down the gutter". The Third Reich in 1945 was "down the gutter", the USSR in 1990 was "down the gutter", the CSA in 1865 was "down the gutter".

Ketchup345
May 17, 2004, 05:28 AM
On 2004-05-16 16:24, Dangerous55 wrote:
Sure things could be better, doesnt mean the freaking country is "down the gutter". The Third Reich in 1945 was "down the gutter", the USSR in 1990 was "down the gutter", the CSA in 1865 was "down the gutter".

1) Germany was torn apart after the war and split into 4 areas. The world forgave them and started rebuilding the country (depending what area you talk about).
2) The USSR went through a government change in 1990, and the world forgabe them, since they were finally getting rid of their communist leadership.

The US will not be forgiven as easily as those two:
1) It is very highly unlikely the US will be given to other countries.
2) It is also unlikely we will go through a government change.

International opinion is very important, especially when we are fighting the war on terrorism. This is a different type of war, and we need as much help as we can get. This doesn't get any better when the president goes to war on information he made up, and top intellegence offials told him were wrong.

Also, you didn't say a thing about Bush shoving his religious belief's down the country's throat.