PDA

View Full Version : Weapon

FIDELCASTRO
May 14, 2004, 10:10 PM
Once i got to like lvl. 100, i started only using special weapons. is this dumb?

Cc08
May 14, 2004, 10:29 PM
Special weapons are special for a reason... they are better than some other weapons. However, there can be good non-special weapons. An example of these would be charge mechguns with high hit %.

LWK
May 15, 2004, 05:54 AM
Exactly, and well said. Take Hell Laser for example.

Quo
May 15, 2004, 10:41 AM
dont use weapons just because they're special. Choose on effectiveness.

Dana
May 15, 2004, 10:52 AM
i use all special and rare stuff but i took down olga flow with a charge laser and i took falz down with a diff charge laser too, so sometimed the rares are not always best(vjaya is WAY TOO exensine and i only take off 1500 with it, mines boss)crappy vjaya

Sitka
May 15, 2004, 11:00 AM
Rare weapons can often just be plain fun to use and are supposed to be somewhat of a status symbol, but with all the hacking, it's more a matter of what you enjoy using and can be effective with. I like switching around with lots of different weapons when I'm just messing around or leveling up in a relatively easy area. It's fun to see if you can hit with certain specials and what their effects are going to be. When I'm in a serious game where I have a specific role to play (shooter, whacker, support), I'll take the weapon or two that allows me to perform that role the best and depending on which level character I'm using, it's often as not a non-rare weapon. Another example of where you may need a non-rare weapon is when fighting Falz or Flow. In many cases, a good gun or rifle is far more effective hitting from a distance than any rare weapon you might try to use. There's also something cool about using a good, solid, high-hit basic weapon and holding your own when you're in a room with a bunch of young, inexperienced players all brandishing uber-rare weapons. Kind of a Yoda type simplicity, IMHO.

Klaus88
May 15, 2004, 01:46 PM
Is an S-rank considered special?

After all it's just a Mechgun with a custom special..

Zelgadis
May 15, 2004, 01:54 PM
Well...once you reach a certain level you can start using weapons for appearences. Sophia my RAcaseal has NOT reached that level yet.

iamfanboy
May 15, 2004, 02:21 PM
I have YET to find a set of rare mechguns with hit, so I use my Gush Vulcans+9 constantly. Other than that, I don't have much of anything that ain't out and out rare. I always pick up ???? weapons on the off-chance that one might have hit and be uber-cool, but so far I haven't had too much luck. Charge Calibur w/ 50% Hit, where are you?!?!?

Dragon_Ash
May 15, 2004, 02:26 PM
Well there a lot of non rare weaps that can be quite useful, even for high level players... my ramarl at level 112 still uses draw vulcans with 50% hit and they own any other mechs i have... unless I find LK's with hit http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Saigan
May 15, 2004, 02:31 PM
I think that may be why they added a %s shop. Find a weapon with a good ability and at least a total of 120% (hopefully some in Hit%) and spend some extra PDs putting more numbers where you need em.

I use my new S-Rank Twin on my FOmar because I see S-Ranks as a status symbol of being able to effectively work in a team to overcome one of the more difficult challenges of PSO... C-Mode.

If I ever find some incredible non-special weapon that is better than my Twin will I use it? Not likely, although a nice Geist Handgun with Hit% would swiftly find it's way into my inventory.