PDA

View Full Version : Philosophy: Level 200 or Multiple 100+

Sitka
May 15, 2004, 11:30 AM
A general question about philosphy. The concept of have a lvl 200 character is appealing, but the process of getting there after you've achieved lvl150+ is painstakingly slow. When I get bored leveling or rare hunting with my Racast, I'll pull up another character or start a new character to experiment with different playing styles, weapons, rare weapon hunts etc.... Those of you who have achieved the development of a level 200 character, was it the same for you? Did you power level your character all the way to 200 and then develop other characters or did you get a little bored along the way and start experimenting with other characters? Just curious.

Sitka
May 15, 2004, 11:34 AM
Follow-up question to the one above. When you did finally reach lvl 200, how did it feel? In many other games, once I've defeated the final boss on the final level, I've usually put the game aside and have almost never gone back to it. I did the same on the old Dreamcast in PSO when I got my character to lvl 100 and then Episode II came out. This game feels different though. With the online challenges, the team play and the multiple character possibilities, not to mention the search for rares, this game seems like it has the potential to keep going for some time. An addition where you could take your level 200 characters to 300 or 400 seems interesting in some ways with the potential for new weapons, new quests and new monsters. So, how did you feel when you finally got the 200 level?

Hrith
May 15, 2004, 11:41 AM
1) philosophy of not double-posting (thread and reply)

2) multiple Lv 200 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

seriously, I think multiple Lv 150/170 is better than one 200.

I divide th way to Lv 200 in three parts, contrary to most people who say "Lv 183 is halfway" (which is true).

First 30 000 000: to Lv 170, I find them very easy to get, that's why I have 5 chars over 170, and a 6th is coming http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Second 30 000 000: from 170 to 190, a pain to get, you must really LOVE your char, especially since the stat boost per level is ridiculous http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Third 30 000 000: from 190 to 200, UBER pain to get, trust me, requires total dedication.

Besides, most chars don't get much more efficient after Lv 170, just some more ATA, HP/TP, rest does not make such a big difference (main exceptions are HUcast and FOnewearl, due to their high stats).

when I reached Lv 200, it felt awesome, especially since I had friends with me, a great feeling, and the fight of my life.
But it's true that I don't use Terra that much =/
I play my other chars a bit more, so I still play PSO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2004-05-15 09:43 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
May 15, 2004, 11:47 AM
Multiples. I have no interest in reaching L200. The main appeal of the game to me these days is playing with friends(When I can find them on. ._.), and maybe a bit of rare hunting. Power-levelling doesn't interest me. If my FOmar never even makes the 9 levels to 150, so what? Not going to make any difference to me. His stats will improve somewhat, whee. I might finally find S/D 30. Not going to change anything, or teach me anything about playing a FOmar I don't already know. *shrug*

I'm in the 'Get whatever the hell level you want however the hell you want it, as long as you know what you're doing and not an asshole' camp, I guess. XP

doubletake123
May 15, 2004, 11:53 AM
I really don't think i'll get to 200 it would be cool if i did. the only reason i pewer lvl is to stay a higher lvl then my friends so i can say i'm the best.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I have yet to get online and it gets pretty boring offline by yourself so maybe when i get online i'll be more motivated.

Hutobega
May 15, 2004, 12:14 PM
Uh yeah im only level 111 took me god knows how long lol I dont think i will even make it to level 120 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif oh well im gonna keep trying

doubletake123
May 15, 2004, 12:53 PM
On 2004-05-15 10:14, Hutobega wrote:
Uh yeah im only level 111 took me god knows how long lol I dont think i will even make it to level 120 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif oh well im gonna keep trying

do quests like sob or af those are good for exp. then when you can handle ruins do that.

trypticon
May 15, 2004, 01:23 PM
I had a blast the entire time up to level 200, but the reason I did so was because I had some great friends to keep me entertained along the way. It does provide a sense of accomplishment once you reach that level, but it is also something of a let down because the power at 200 is not much different than the power at like level 170 (at least if wasn't for my RAcast). But yes, as was posted above, those last several million exp points do require a lot of dedication and patience.

PJ
May 15, 2004, 02:11 PM
I'd say multiple 100s

More classes, more rares, a lot more fun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I have 4 classes over 100, 1 over 90, and 5 on the way ^_^

Only problem is, at level 142, I'm having trouble levelling @_@ (Must get 2 levels for Sacred Cloth...!)

Nai_Calus
May 15, 2004, 02:28 PM
I've got 3 over 100. None of the others are even close(Only Helios is even in Ult online).

Besides, half the time when I play these days I go on, look for someone to do C-mode with, find nobody, sit in a game in Alcyone 6 for a while, then give up and go back offline.

C-mode > Everything else. >.>

Dana
May 15, 2004, 02:33 PM
On 2004-05-15 09:41, Kef wrote:

First 30 000 000: to Lv 170, I find them very easy to get, that's why I have 5 chars over 170, and a 6th is coming http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

how the hell do you find 30 000 000 easy to get, i'm getting bored and i only have 10 500 000(with 2 chars
and 5 000 0000 with one and i'm getting bored stiff
are there any tips you can give me?

Hrith
May 15, 2004, 02:43 PM
just play, lol, it's just that I don't get bored until 170ish.

Dana
May 15, 2004, 03:04 PM
your right....i suppose all i get bored of is NOT getting the item i'm looking for and waiting for level ups....i'm bored with mu HUnewearl caose those f**king stingy crimson asses wont drop the 9000m's and thy FOnewearl caus those delbiters wont drop madams umbrella, and i now have 4(used one, so 3 now)spirit garms and not 1 umrella....and Dana's so lovely i just want to train the other 2 and that leaves no time for her at the mo......she's 140 and i need a new weapon for her.......kef do you have any tips on easy xp..i do"soul of a black smith", seabed and ruins(maybe addicting food) is there anywhere else i can go or any missiobns i should do?

Hrith
May 15, 2004, 03:07 PM
if you want exp fastest, go for ruins runs.

but that's not how I play, usually, I hunt rares most of the time :S

Sitka
May 15, 2004, 03:19 PM
Hey Dana Ranger - IMHO the biggest reason you get bored is because you have only played offline. I did the same thing on both the dreamcast and the gamecube. Hell, I did the same thing on every FF and nearly every other game I've played. Eventually the search for every single ultimate item plays out and you move on. The biggest difference for PSO for me was finding XBOX online. Playing with teams, doing online quests, getting variety makes all the difference. Playing TTF's, Lost Quests, Tower Runs and such helps you level up greatly, allows for rare hunts and keeps the game very interesting. That's why I hate piping so much - boring!!! When I do level up offline, I like the retired hunter quest. Ultimate Ruins #3 every time. Good items, good rares, good experience and I know the damn thing so well I can finish it quickly and play it again. Just my opinion, of course, but I would have stopped playing PSO a long time ago if I had not ventured to the online. It's all the difference for me.

Dana
May 15, 2004, 03:23 PM
hey, thanks i'm not always bored i'm just in a mood today cause of the 9000m's that i DON'T haev, but i just look at Dana and the 2000H and that normally makles me feel better but i need to train the other to and , like you know I GET BORED, i hope that online i NEVER get bored, thanks again though, and hope to see you online(if you do go onlione what ate your characters called?

Sitka
May 15, 2004, 03:46 PM
I hear you. My luck with Pal Rappies and Hildetors is terrible and the pain!!! That is when I get bored to. Hey, I play xbox and you play gamecube and they haven't set it up so we can play. Nor can I play with anyone in Europe or Japan and that sucks too. But I do get to use live chat - YEA!! But we can sure bounce ideas and experiences off each thanks to this wonderful website - another YEA!! Definition of an addict: one whose life revolves around something that shouldn't be that important. I guess that sums it up for me and this game!!

Dana
May 15, 2004, 03:53 PM
that makes me an addict too then, i wish you had GC pity, we can bouce ideas do you have a msn or anything(we couold just pm each other

SpyroDi
May 15, 2004, 04:22 PM
Multiple characters over level 100.

Sure,you can bask in the glory of working for months to get a level 200 character,but I like a bit of variety. I have two friends each with one level 200 character,and also another friend with 6 characters at or over level 162.

I have two characters over level 100(I would have 4 if my first Xbox didn't mess up)and a third one is coming along. Personally,I think that once a character of mine gets over level 130 it starts to get tedious. I'm not as dedicated to this game as some other people. =P

Asia_Skyly
May 16, 2004, 06:24 PM
If you are legit, you probably fair better going for multiple characters. When I finally got to level 200 I was sadly dissapointed with the feat. The most important issue was that I loved to play that character, yet, once 200, there is something not right about seeing the field "exp to next level: 0."

Interestingly, my last and final character plays a lot like my first one, so I have a great sense that I have gone full circle.

Besides how are you going to collect all the items that interest you unless you have the right ID to do so? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sitka
May 17, 2004, 09:38 AM
I hear you Asia Sky. I now have five characters into ultimate offline: Racast/Skyly-154; Fomar/Yellowboze-94; Ramarl/Purplenum-93; Hunewearl/Pinkal-60 and Humar/Viridia-48. I have a couple more coming: Hunewearl/Bluefill-20 and Ramar/Redria-7. I created the multiple chars for hunting different rares and creating different rare mags including different colors (satos). My online ultimates are good for creating a room with a specific id for a friend that needs to hunt that id. The different strengths/weaknesses lets me learn how to play all the various complexities of the game and appreciate teammates who have the ability to play certain types very well. I do find, sometimes, that friends get annoyed when they find you online with a low level char. They want the char. that they know to come play and that's cool. More annoying is bringing up a new char. and playing with other low level chars. who assume you have no clue as to how to play the game. I try to avoid Apatitie for that reason unless no one is online and I need TTF runs to level up. The original purpose of the thread was having spent so much time on my original character and realized some of the mistakes I made raising it (wrong maxing of various materials etc...), was to get a sense from the true veterans of the value of a single 200 char. versus having the flexibility of multiple high-level chars. The feeling that I get is that the game probably provides more enjoyment from the multiple characters with multiple playing styles and multiple id's then from a single lvl 200 char. That makes me feel a little better about neglecting my 154 Racast (stalled out now for over a week) in order to bring up some other chars. Thanks for the insight from everyone and I particularly enjoyed Kef's knowledge of the game and willingness to share such valuable information. Catch you xboxers online!!TTFN.