PDA

View Full Version : Surviving Megid

Sitka
May 15, 2004, 01:21 PM
What level of dark protection do you need to survive most of the megid blasts from Obs, Del Lillies, Hildetors and other beasts? Or is really high evasion better? What items (resist evil, delsaber's shield, barriers, shields, armours, frames)do you find works for you in surviving most megid blasts? I have experimented with various units and combinations and just when I've survived three or four megid blasts and start to feel comfortable, I get killed in a temple or west tower run. Aside from the charts and stats, what have you found works best for you?

Dragon_Ash
May 15, 2004, 01:25 PM
well for my force i use a brightness circle, 4 resist/devil and a light relief (110 EDK) for the ruins and temple, and with my ramarl i use around 100 edk, luminous field, 4 resist/devils and a shield of delsaber.

Though 85+ EDK should be enough for you to survive most of the megid attacks, i'm not sure about the ruins since i was killed twice consecutively by 2 grans with 85 EDK =/

doubletake123
May 15, 2004, 01:28 PM
you should use a sheild of a delsaber and and some devil resist or whatever gives you the most edk resist i think i have it right and that should be good.

Ketchup345
May 15, 2004, 01:38 PM
Obs are 64 EDK (unless there is a Mil nearby), Hidetorrs are also in this area.

Mils have a random level, so the only way to be 100% sure is to have 100.

I don't know about Sorcerors.

I heard that even 115 EDK doesn't stop Ill Gill Megid.

I usually carry around 90 EDK:
Delsaber Shield
3x Resist/Devil
and my armor.

Hutobega
May 15, 2004, 02:08 PM
I have only 18 lol dont find a reason to have more i just shoot from afar so they cant reach me anyways or i dodge it you kno wmegid doesnt move to fast anyways.

Ketchup345
May 15, 2004, 03:22 PM
On 2004-05-15 12:08, Hutobega wrote:
I have only 18 lol dont find a reason to have more i just shoot from afar so they cant reach me anyways or i dodge it you kno wmegid doesnt move to fast anyways.

1) Enemys can spawn behind you.
2) You may not always dodge it (I know that I was in a game where everyone but me used the physically dodge method, and all died at least once, meaning I had to use some Moons, since I'm always the only one who equips enough EDK because the others don't want to "waste" their slots). There is always the chance of being caught in the center of a large group of enemies and a nearby Ob hits you with the Megid.

Edit: Hmm... Maybe I may stop reviving people who don't have enough EDK to survive Ob Lilly Megid.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-05-15 13:23 ]</font>

Sitka
May 15, 2004, 03:25 PM
Right on Ketchup. Last night played a West Tower Run with 156, 154, 140 and 130 level characters. We all died alot and many times from megid blasts. Against Epsilon and his megid shields, I used nine moons alone reviving teammates. That's what started this question. I'm beefing up for some runs tonight and I hope to survive a little better.

Dana
May 15, 2004, 03:27 PM
On 2004-05-15 13:25, Sitka wrote:
Right on Ketchup. Last night played a West Tower Run with 156, 154, 140 and 130 level characters. We all died alot and many times from megid blasts. Against Epsilon and his megid shields, I used nine moons alone reviving teammates. That's what started this question. I'm beefing up for some runs tonight and I hope to survive a little better.

i've heard a bit about this mission but what is a megid shield?

EJ
May 15, 2004, 03:36 PM
for temple and cave run I equip about 70EDK but for the west and east tower quest I usually pack 100edk for my fomar just in case

iamfanboy
May 15, 2004, 03:37 PM
He has little floating shields that make him invulnerable most of the time. The only times you can attack him, the shields fly away from his body, moving around in a circle, and you have to walk BETWEEN them in order to reach his body... and not get hit, because if you do you die.

Scales_of_Air
May 15, 2004, 05:02 PM
I have 23 EDK and strangely enough I fair well. I rarely get hit by megid (I pay HUGE attention to the placement of Lilies in C1-3 and do my best to avoid, which is quite good. My Lv 21 Zonde is out of their Megid range anyway) and when I did I lived. My Attribute Wall/Valiant Frame does fine with regard to resistance. I need to find a rare frame though.

edit for further info: I have plenty of Devil/Resist so I am going to equip some to boost my EDK resistance. The reason I haven't is because I dominantly use techs now, as my MST greatly outweighs the ATP on my used-to-be-melee FOmar. Once I find Agito 1977 that will change. But anyway, I understand Megid is more powerful with later enemies, but presently there isn't a great need for more Dark resistance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scales_of_Air on 2004-05-15 15:05 ]</font>

SpyroDi
May 15, 2004, 05:05 PM
On 2004-05-15 11:38, Ketchup345 wrote:
I heard that even 115 EDK doesn't stop Ill Gill Megid.
I'm not sure if you CAN stop it,because the Megid-scythe looks like a physical attack...and I'm not positive if Hell-type normal weapons are related to EDK in any way,and it might be related to the Ill Gill's Megid-scythe.

EJ
May 15, 2004, 05:54 PM
to go off topic just alittle I wonder why ST never gave us the Ill Gill's Megid-scythe as a weapon and I believe the ill gill attack is a physical but too sure cuz they attack too fast for me to notice

Sitka
May 15, 2004, 06:13 PM
Give it another week or so and the hackers will have megid scythes up for trade. Hell, they've got megid mechguns floating around!!

Rainbowlemon
May 16, 2004, 04:45 AM
According to this guide - http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2035, Epsilon's one-hit kill is not related to EDK, it is simply just as is said - a one-hit kill.

SJ
May 16, 2004, 10:21 AM
HUmar has around 20-30 i think...
my RAmarl has 0 lol