PDA

View Full Version : Special Mags should have special abilities

kazuma56
May 15, 2004, 03:18 PM
To make mag feeding alot more interesting, ST should have made mags have special abilites, like a Pushan would have the ability to cut drop rates by 20%, or a Sato mag would increase the Speed of TP regeneration. Here are some special abilites that I think would work for special mags.

Rati- increases speed of attack (God/Battle)
Pushan -cuts drop rates by 20%
Sato- increases TP regenration
Savriti(sp?)- increases speed of HP regeneration
Diwari- Raises S/D lvls by 5 (so RAmar would have lvl 20 S/D, RAmarl would have 25, and a Force would have lvl 35 S/D)
Nidra- makes you immune to Poison,Jellen and Zalure
Bhima- Increases ATP of melee weapons by 10%.

Here's another one, if the DC mag is in the game, it's special ability would allow you to equip one weapon/armor that your class could have equipped in DC, but the ATP and ATA of that weapon will decrease half, in the case of Armor, the DFP would decrease my 30%.

That's all I can remeber for special offline mags, feel free to commment and or add new things to this... I think i'm missing a few other special GC mags....

Dana
May 15, 2004, 03:37 PM
i don't think you added rukmin, and that sounds cool, with pushan do you mean rare drops or normal drops, and ihope you add some more cool stuff

kazuma56
May 15, 2004, 03:52 PM
All drops.

Rukmin.... I not sure but it would allow you to use 30 more mats only while its equipped.

Dana
May 15, 2004, 03:59 PM
On 2004-05-15 13:52, kazuma56 wrote:
All drops.

Rukmin.... I not sure but it would allow you to use 30 more mats only while its equipped.

all drps isn't very fair on people who can't get pushan (like me) and i don't like to create people just for their reare mag(but i would, and do)

Hrith
May 15, 2004, 04:14 PM
that would unbalance the game

SpyroDi
May 15, 2004, 05:14 PM
On 2004-05-15 14:14, Kef wrote:
True,and would increase the n00b output.

Kuea
May 15, 2004, 05:35 PM
effects like letting you use 30 extra materials would most likely allow a loophole for infinete materials

FIDELCASTRO
May 15, 2004, 09:08 PM
you dont have deva either.

_Ted_
May 15, 2004, 09:11 PM

Kind of like AR and duping already do?

Kuea
May 15, 2004, 11:13 PM
On 2004-05-15 19:11, _Ted_ wrote:

Kind of like AR and duping already do?

well those don't ALWAYS unbalece it

kazuma56
May 16, 2004, 03:20 PM
not really, I didn't include the various other Online only mags in the game which would share the same effect as the pushan.... or maybe even better (30% chance?).

Fine then, Rukmin no longer adds mats, it allows your J/Z to reach 5 lvl higher than your chars max.

Deva..... boosts tech dmg by 1.5X

lain2k3
May 16, 2004, 03:44 PM
On 2004-05-16 13:20, kazuma56 wrote:

Deva..... boosts tech dmg by 1.5X

O_o

they would most definetely unbalance the game, which does not need to be any easier.

Nai_Calus
May 16, 2004, 06:01 PM
...The game was balanced?

Rati should make you fly, let you walk through walls, act as a God of Equip code, be able to reach L500, act as three stacked God/Battles(I know they don't stack. XP), let you use all techs at L81 regardless of class, grant permanent invincibility and hop out of the GC and clean your house for you.

...Because Rati is just THAT cool.

kazuma56
May 17, 2004, 09:24 AM
Well, Special abilities may not have to be like the ones I created, but why have Special mags if they have nothing up on regular mags?.... besides design and maybe attitude.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 19, 2004, 02:24 AM
On 2004-05-16 16:01, Ian-KunX wrote:
...The game was balanced?

Rati should make you fly, let you walk through walls, act as a God of Equip code, be able to reach L500, act as three stacked God/Battles(I know they don't stack. XP), let you use all techs at L81 regardless of class, grant permanent invincibility and hop out of the GC and clean your house for you.

...Because Rati is just THAT cool.

That owned.
Well said, well put.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

The general idea of Special mags doing special things is reasonable enough to "think" about.

Since it cannot be patched into the game at the flick of a wrist, it will not happen. Enjoy the game as it is. Every idea to improve the game will have faults. We all have ideas to improve things. Most won't happen. I do agree that they are fun to talk about though. To end up with Ian-KunX owning this topic with the sheer power and prowess of Rati.

kazuma56
May 19, 2004, 07:37 PM
Well I only say this now because Sega has already made 3 PSO upgrades (2 for DC and 1 GC), and special mags didn't do anything back then either, so that's why I put something like this out there....

BTW strange that when I created this topic, a few weeks later PSU was announced, hopefully a sega rep somehow sees this and decides to incorporate special mag abilities in PSU.... that is, if mags are still in PSU.... maybe I should post this on the PSO board at sega.com